PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party 2007

christagious
12-02-2007, 08:41 PM
Does everybody here think that December 16th is going to be bigger than November's fundraiser? I don't want to be pessimistic but their goal is 100,000 subscribers as of today there are only 23,487 pledges. What happens if people pledged but don't end up holding up their end of the bargain? I hope that this day can get Ron Paul some big money but since he's only getting money from the average American and not special interest groups, eventually the "average americans" are going to run out of money, unless December 16th is absolutely huge and he gets some more attention. Then his campaign will attract more people which means more money. 23,000 pledges just doesn't look too promising to me, that's only 2,247,700 dollars if all of those pledgers donate 100 bucks.
What do you guys think?

ssmoler
12-02-2007, 08:46 PM
Don't worry. The November 5th money bomb I believe just barely topped 20k subscribers, which would have only amounted to only 2 million if only those who pledged donated. All signs point to this money bomb being much larger and it only makes sense that everyone who donated in the last bomb will want to be part of this one again, as well as the thousands of new supporters we've picked up since then.

christagious
12-02-2007, 08:48 PM
thanks, I didn't know how many people subscribed to the last one.

I guess another factor I didn't weigh in is that there will probably be plenty of people who will donate who haven't even pledged on that site.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.

JWallace
12-02-2007, 08:51 PM
plenty of US are individuals who prefer to maintain our privacy. What's interesting to me is how many of these individuals have been willing to sign up to Teaparty.

Who knows how many of us are really out there, but if we keep gaining access to the MSM through places like CNN, Salon, Businessweek, The Economist, etc.; we continue to post to youtube; we blog; we comment; we call friends and relatives - then something will happen. And it will be significant.

christagious
12-02-2007, 08:53 PM
I actually turned my tattoo artist on to Ron Paul today. I was getting some new tattoos done and we got to talking about politics. He started saying how we need a revolution and that the federal government needs to be smaller and more power to the states. I honestly thought he was about to lead into a discussion about Ron Paul but he never heard of him. he said that he's going to google Ron Paul tonight.

shrapnel88
12-02-2007, 09:30 PM
you can expect a donor number AT VERY LEAST double the number of subscribers.

MozoVote
12-02-2007, 10:25 PM
I think people sense, that this is the one to really blow the lid off. If the official count of donors is 30,000 then there should be around 50,000 that give. And if the average donation is $150, then we'd be looking at $7.5 million.

Could be plus or minus a million from there, but that's what I think is likely.

fortilite
12-02-2007, 10:56 PM
Worst case you're looking at $2.5 million, realist case $5-7 million, best case who knows? This is supposed to be a bad thing? We're gonna KILL that $12 million Q4 goal! And that's with the worst case.

Shaun
12-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Go do the math guys, we posted about this weeks ago.
It's an absolute certainity that he will raise 10m on Dec 16th. See previous posts for the reasons why.
2.5 m? Yeah, oh sure....
That will be done before 6am..

CelestialRender
12-03-2007, 06:33 AM
18,800 or so was the final total for Nov 5.

Money bombs, in general, raise 2.3x what is pledged in them (it's worked every time so far).

For this one, I'm predicting $7 million, for various reasons, but hoping for $10 million.

Remember, this one has been widely publicized in the media, and got started over a month earlier. It will be huge. Let's make this a $20 million quarter, people. : )

Pharoah
12-03-2007, 07:36 AM
@CelestialRender - Copying your signature because it's vital information.

Corydoras
12-03-2007, 11:14 AM
[quote=christagious;515823]I didn't know how many people subscribed to the last one.[quote]

http://ronpaulgraphs.com/teaparty_vs_nov5_members.html

Note the little red triangle that marks how many people actually donated on 11/5.

FreeTraveler
12-03-2007, 11:23 AM
$5 million - if we haven't been promoting it well enough
$7 million - lower end expectation
$10 million - he's catchin on, I'm tellin' ya! :D
$20-50 million - the mainstream has finally caught on.