PDA

View Full Version : Speed camera generates $77,550 in just one day

green73
09-29-2014, 09:47 AM
That’s the ticket!

A speed camera in Brooklyn tallied a bank-busting 1,551 tickets in a single day this summer, according to the Department of Transportation. At $50 a pop, the July 7 ticket blitz generated $77,550 for city coffers.

The camera is located near Ocean Parkway at the end of a 400-foot exit ramp — “a good amount of distance for drivers to adjust their speeds,” a DOT spokesman said.

Local politicians are split over the controversial camera.

The area’s city councilman, Chaim Deutsch, praised it for making roadways safer.

“If anyone is speeding . . . they deserve a summons,” he told the blog Sheepshead Bites.

cont.
http://nypost.com/2014/09/28/speed-camera-generates-77550-in-just-one-day/

jbauer
09-29-2014, 09:55 AM
So by Friday it'll pay for that $300k bike ride study ehh?

FindLiberty
09-29-2014, 10:22 AM
...Generates...

aGameOfThrones
09-29-2014, 10:39 AM
It's not about money, they said, it's about safety.

JK/SEA
09-29-2014, 02:00 PM
It's not about money, they said, it's about safety.

hmmm...i haven't seen any studies yet on how effective speeding tickets are towards safety.......anyone else know if its working yet?

aGameOfThrones
09-29-2014, 02:11 PM
hmmm...i haven't seen any studies yet on how effective speeding tickets are towards safety.......anyone else know if its working yet?

Chil.............

dren............

kcchiefs6465
09-29-2014, 02:42 PM
With regards to these cameras, the traffic lights they are at often aren't timed for the speed limit supposed to be followed. Not simply that, everyone knows they are there.

So what it means is that quite routinely people are slamming on their brakes to avoid going through even a yellow light creating a situation more likely to result in rear end collisions. I've seen it many times.

These cameras make the driving public less safe. The officers sitting in speed traps as well.

They do not care about the safety of the public. This is evident by the way they arbitrarily and dangerously disobey any and every traffic law as they see fit and by the fact that quite routinely they careen, in two ton vehicles, down the roadways to use collision based maneuvers etc. in stopping people who they have already identified. High speed chases endanger the public and there are easier ways to catch a person if the crime is actually a crime at all (which often it is not).

They've killed people and openly celebrated the acquittal. They do not give one fuck about the public absent empty rhetoric. They are there to generate money and steal from the productive. They, that is, the police, are far from even unproductive. They are counterproductive as they impede the lives of the productive, siphon away money that would have been better spent elsewhere if in the hands of the individual, and routinely cost people their employment. They are ticks. With Lyme disease at that.