PDA

View Full Version : Homeland Security moves to tackle climate change

green73
09-25-2014, 05:35 PM
Protecting the infrastructure of American cities from the effects of climate change is rising on the agenda of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, according to a top agency official.

"Increasingly, we've moved not only from a security focus to a resiliency focus," said Caitlin Durkovich, assistant secretary for infrastructure protection at Homeland Security, an agency better known for its fight to curb terrorist threats.

cont.
https://news.yahoo.com/us-homeland-security-moves-tackle-climate-change-risks-225151680.html

ClydeCoulter
09-25-2014, 06:50 PM
Stay in your own goddamned yard!

green73
09-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Stay in your own goddamned yard!

It's funny how the Orwellian bullshit continues apace, despite the evidence.

osan
09-25-2014, 07:13 PM
What appears to be happening here is the broadening of charter to the point that one day all these agencies will have nearly universal powers such that if one cannot tackle a given problem with Agency A for some sake of appearance, Agency Z can be used because their stated raison d'être fits the bill better, yet they all have the same de facto capabilities. From our standpoint, who cares from whose barrels the bullets issue? Swiss cheese is Swiss cheese and dead is dead.

This is consolidation and flattening of power, pure and simple - all under whatever bullshit du jour justification one finds on the menu at any given moment. And American remains at the mall.

green73
09-25-2014, 07:16 PM
What appears to be happening here is the broadening of charter to the point that one day all these agencies will have nearly universal powers such that if one cannot tackle a given problem with Agency A for some sake of appearance, Agency Z can be used because their stated raison d'être fits the bill better, yet they all have the same de facto capabilities. From our standpoint, who cares from whose barrels the bullets issue? Swiss cheese is Swiss cheese and dead is dead.

This is consolidation and flattening of power, pure and simple - all under whatever bullshit du jour justification one finds on the menu at any given moment. And American remains at the mall.

It's like my esteemed friend said to me several years ago: the new world order is already here.

specsaregood
09-25-2014, 07:17 PM

I'm just waiting for the turf wars, where the different agencies turn the barrels on each other for the spoils.

Dr.3D
09-25-2014, 07:21 PM
Who needs congress when there are so many agencies with the power congress used to have?

jkr
09-25-2014, 07:30 PM
MISSION
CREEPS

Root
09-25-2014, 07:43 PM
Sometimes I read the thread titles and I think it's gotta be a joke, but then I remember that I live in 'MurKia.

osan
09-25-2014, 07:45 PM
I'm just waiting for the turf wars, where the different agencies turn the barrels on each other for the spoils.

I would not hold my breath on that. I will not be tolerated by the whipmaster. The power appears to be structured in a way that very effectively discourages such behavior. If the members of these apparently disparate agencies are all made members of a privileged ruling class, there should be little or no reason to be at the throats of others because there would be no basis for rivalry. They are all living high on the backs of the proletariat - the "sucker" class, which would be folks such as yourself and myself.

otherone
09-25-2014, 08:12 PM
"SHOW ME YOUR...
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/324/8/b/that_gestapo_guy_by_tiriol-d4gr68e.jpg
RECYCLES."

ZENemy
09-25-2014, 08:14 PM
Slow motion train wreck

Anti Federalist
09-25-2014, 08:23 PM
"Your recycles....are not in order."

"SHOW ME YOUR...
http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/324/8/b/that_gestapo_guy_by_tiriol-d4gr68e.jpg
RECYCLES."

enhanced_deficit
09-25-2014, 11:53 PM
If climate changed, terrists would have won.

fr33
09-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Dubya was evil enough to have created this department. Obama is retarded enough to use them for this.

oyarde
09-26-2014, 12:14 AM
Green police .

tangent4ronpaul
09-26-2014, 12:19 AM
OK, lets strap some balloons on every DHS employee and send um off to molest clouds!

:D

-t

morfeeis
09-26-2014, 12:32 AM

talk about a great day.

liberty2897
09-26-2014, 12:34 AM
MISSION
CREEPS

Ya gotta like the CO2 creepers....

http://www.kindgreenbuds.com/images/marijuana-field.jpg