PDA

View Full Version : Woman arrested for possessing spoon covered with dried Spaghettios

green73
09-25-2014, 08:43 AM
GAINSVILLE, GA — An innocent woman had several months of her life destroyed when she was arrested and charged with a felony because of a spaghetti-encrusted spoon found in her possession.

Ashley Gabrielle Huff, 23, had no criminal history and insisted that “there’s no way in hell” that there could have been any drugs in her possession during a traffic stop in July. Nonetheless, a Gainsville police officer honed in on a spoon that was “on her or near her” in the vehicle in which she was riding as a passenger.

Suspecting that the spoon had drug residue on it, the officer arrested Ms. Huff and charged her with possession of methamphetamines. Even for trace amounts, the charge is a third degree felony in Florida, which could have netted her as much as five years in one of Florida’s brutal (http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/darren-rainey/) and abusive (http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/randall-jordan-aparo-prison-death/) state prisons.

After her July 2nd arrest, she spend an unconfirmed number of days in jail before she was released and required to attend a number of obligatory drug appointments. When she was unable to make all the appointments, she was rearrested and made to sit in jail from August 2nd until September 18th.

Ms. Huff insisted that she wasn’t a drug user, but had little means with which to defend herself. She relied on a public defender to represent her in court.
Finally in late September, a crime lab analysis revealed that the “residue” on the spoon was not an illegal drug. It was actually tomato sauce from a can of SpaghettiOs, as the woman had claimed all along.

“I think what the unfortunate part about her case is that she was probably willing to take the felony to close out her case so that she get out of jail, even though she always maintained innocence,” public defender Chris van Rossem told the Gainsville Times (http://www.gainesvilletimes.com/section/6/article/104678/).

Once the crime lab failed to indicate any drug evidence, the county prosecutor dropped the charge against Ms. Huff. She spent at least 47 days in the Hall County Jail.

cont.
http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/ashley-huff/

Spikender
09-25-2014, 08:51 AM
Fucking.

Dried.

SpaghettiOs.

Fuck.

Tha.

Police.

State.

tod evans
09-25-2014, 08:54 AM
DA's must be held personally responsible for this type of behavior!

Their livelihood and families welfare must be put in jeopardy EVERY time they seek to indict anyone.

Ronin Truth
09-25-2014, 08:55 AM
"Ah, the old dried SpaghettiOs covered spoon trick." -- Maxwell Smart

sparebulb
09-25-2014, 09:04 AM
This is why we need a new court precedence to take into account what her intentions were, and not to let her get away on a forensic technicality. Society is sick and tired of the guilty twisting the system to get away with their crimes. She probably used drugs many times before and keeps getting away with it.

The policeman's instincts were that she was a drug user and that should be good enough. He was acting in good faith and was just trying to keep his community safe.

oyarde
09-25-2014, 09:27 AM
47 DAYS IN JAIL FOR A DIRTY SPOON.

Philhelm
09-25-2014, 09:55 AM
47 DAYS IN JAIL FOR A DIRTY SPOON.

It really is that outrageous. If you have nothing to hide indeed...

Root
09-25-2014, 10:03 AM
There is no spoon.

aGameOfThrones
09-25-2014, 10:08 AM
Eric frein needs a longer list

note: jk lol pro cop right here

Philhelm
09-25-2014, 10:15 AM
Uh oh, PolicestateO's!

phill4paul
09-25-2014, 11:09 AM
Had it been me there would be a cop and a prostitutor locked up in my shed by now awaiting judgement on kidnapping charges. Court date would be set for 47 days.

And let's not forget this....

“I think what the unfortunate part about her case is that she was probably willing to take the felony to close out her case so that she get out of jail, even though she always maintained innocence,” public defender Chris van Rossem told the Gainsville Times.

97%.

acptulsa
09-25-2014, 11:11 AM
I guess SpaghettiOs are not made with GMO grain? No wonder the cops are in on it. Hell hath no fury like Monsanto scorned.

jkr
09-25-2014, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhfuuKiTcYQ

Anti Federalist
09-25-2014, 12:09 PM
“I think what the unfortunate part about her case is that she was probably willing to take the felony to close out her case so that she get out of jail, even though she always maintained innocence,” public defender Chris van Rossem told the Gainsville Times.

And now you know why so many people in prison and on death row are actually innocent.

Anti Federalist
09-25-2014, 12:09 PM

And now you know why so many people in prison and on death row are actually innocent.

Anti Federalist
09-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Once the crime lab failed to indicate any drug evidence, the county prosecutor dropped the charge against Ms. Huff. She spent at least 47 days in the Hall County Jail.

And, if she had kids or a job, she has now lost them, has a felony arrest record, regardless of the fact that all charges were dropped and she was innocent, which means she can expect fuck all for the rest of her life in terms of employment and job opportunities among other things, and had her face plastered all over the internet as a dangerous drug felon.

All because one cop said so.

Now then, why I am supposed to hate Eric Frein, exactly?

phill4paul
09-25-2014, 12:17 PM
And, if she had kids or a job, she has now lost them, has a felony arrest record, regardless of the fact that all charges were dropped and she was innocent, which means she can expect fuck all for the rest of her life in terms of employment and job opportunities among other things, and had her face plastered all over the internet as a dangerous drug felon.

"Oopsie", ain't gonna cut it anymore.

acptulsa
09-25-2014, 12:17 PM

They're all guilty--of the crime of not accumulating enough money to buy a well-connected lawyer.

It's the last unforgivable sin.

aGameOfThrones
09-25-2014, 12:20 PM

cus...

Brianna Stefansky, from Shapsville, PA, said, "We don't know the danger they go through on a daily basis and what they put their lives on the line for, so everyone should give them a thanks, and not judge them or criticize them for the way they handle things."

Philhelm
09-25-2014, 12:39 PM
Brianna Stefansky, from Shapsville, PA, said, "We don't know the danger they go through on a daily basis and what they put their lives on the line for, so everyone should give them a thanks, and not judge them or criticize them for the way they handle things."

Brianna Stefansky, from Shapsville, PA, said, "We don't know the danger pedophiles go through on a daily basis and what they put their lives on the line for, so everyone should give them a thanks, and not judge them or criticize them for the way they handle children."

Brianna Stefansky, from Shapsville, PA, said, "We don't know the danger rapists go through on a daily basis and what they put their lives on the line for, so everyone should give them a thanks, and not judge them or criticize them for the way they handle women."

Brianna Stefansky, from Shapsville, PA, said, "We don't know the danger serial killers go through on a daily basis and what they put their lives on the line for, so everyone should give them a thanks, and not judge them or criticize them for the way they handle knives."

Brianna Stefansky, from Shapsville, PA, said, "We don't know the danger Stormtroopers go through on a daily basis and what they put their lives on the line for, so everyone should give them a thanks, and not judge them or criticize them for the way they handle Jews, Gypsies, homosexuals, and invalids."

amy31416
09-25-2014, 08:49 PM
Spaghettios should probably be on the banned list rather than all the "hard" drugs.

aGameOfThrones
09-25-2014, 08:57 PM
https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5050/5333879308_c3dd0e401e_z.jpg

TheTexan
09-25-2014, 09:02 PM
This story seems a bit outlandish so I'm just going to assume it's false and/or made-up and/or she did it to herself, and not waste any time researching further.

Oh hey, the new south park is on. Nice!

oyarde
09-25-2014, 11:55 PM
Spaghettios should probably be on the banned list rather than all the "hard" drugs.

Never tried spaghettios .

RonPaulIsGreat
09-26-2014, 12:00 AM
Being overweight has it's advantage, if this happened to me, I'd simply say "look at me, what is more likely meth, or eating in the car". He could not deny the logic.

Christian Liberty
09-26-2014, 12:02 AM

Indeed.

I really do think that in the absence of the State, this problem would be at least significantly mitigated.

Ugh... This post hurts in so many ways. And it hurts because I sympathize. Sometimes I don't know what to think anymore...

As much as I don't think there's any such thing as a good cop, there are good people caught in the system... I think we should feel bad for those people if something happens to them... the well meaning, well intentioned ones.

Screw the rest, I suppose.

Wow... I feel like I'm literally losing my soul as I try to grapple through these kinds of stuff. These threads have literally made me go insane, an alien among men...

I don't belong here.

Eric frein needs a longer list

note: jk lol pro cop right here

I can't make jokes like this, it hits too close to home...

oyarde
09-26-2014, 12:10 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhfuuKiTcYQ

I am pretty skilled with a spoon myself , especially for oppressors .

Ender
09-26-2014, 12:57 AM
There is no spoon.

Yep.

;)

Mani
09-26-2014, 04:21 AM
So she was guilty and jailed until proven innocent!?

Wha!?

When did this country become a place of jailing people and making them guilty until their innocence can be proved?

tod evans
09-26-2014, 04:28 AM
When did this country become a place of jailing people and making them guilty until their innocence can be proved?

But, but meth!

kcchiefs6465
09-26-2014, 04:51 AM
But, but meth!
Crack cocaine, the freedom loving Reaganites.

Nixon was as big an asshole.

The road to hell being paved with what, uneducated and propagandized thoughts on a given subject?

kcchiefs6465
09-26-2014, 04:56 AM

An arrest record does still come up regardless of conviction. Found that out one day and am still pissed (especially because of the [trumped up, mandated] charge, those cocksuckers).

That's for the people who perhaps thought you were hyperbolic.

Found not guilty or the charges dismissed? It still shows up on your record and it will indeed cost you employment. If you pay them enough money, they'll remove it for you though.

acptulsa
09-26-2014, 09:23 AM
An arrest record does still come up regardless of conviction. Found that out one day and am still pissed (especially because of the [trumped up, mandated] charge, those cocksuckers).

That's for the people who perhaps thought you were hyperbolic.

Found not guilty or the charges dismissed? It still shows up on your record and it will indeed cost you employment. If you pay them enough money, they'll remove it for you though.

And that used not to be the case. I remember a time when it was innocent and unbesmirched until proven guilty.

It would be an interesting thing to try to get a set of class action libel suits up against the law enforcement agencies of the land for publishing unsubstantiated and derogatory rumors about us...

satchelmcqueen
09-26-2014, 02:21 PM
we the people must start pushing for punishment in cases like this where someone loses their time and life sitting in jail for a god damned false claim against them. fuck me!!!

Danke
09-26-2014, 02:36 PM

Ya, she deserved it.