PDA

View Full Version : Chris Matthews Draws Parallel Between ISIS Terrorists and Poor Black Kids

orenbus
09-24-2014, 08:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qFD4GUw0300

Chris Matthews joined his MSNBC colleague José Díaz-Balart Wednesday morning to discuss President Barack Obama’s speech to the U.N. General Assembly. And towards the end of his analysis, Matthews drew a curious parallel between extremist terrorists in the Middle East and African-American teenagers who turn to dealing drugs.

Matthews praised Obama’s “tough” language regarding people who turn to religious extremism because they can’t build anything else. “I thought that was pretty tough,” he said, “because you think about these guys sitting around all day planning revolution and killing people and cutting their heads off, what are they actually doing for the world?”

“Why do they want to be suicide bombers?” Matthews asked of Muslim extremists. “What a hopeless career move, I mean, to be blunt about it.”

When Díaz-Balart echoed the president by saying these people “see no other future” for themselves, it led Matthews to draw his analogy to some people in this country.

“Unfortunately there’s a parallel with the African-American kid in a North Philly situation, where you grow up in a row house where there’s more factories around, there’s no more jobs around, there’s no more blue collar options and the only deal being offered to you is from the drug dealer,” Matthews said. “We have this problem at home and I’m glad he brought it up.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/chris-matthews-draws-parallel-between-isis-terrorists-and-poor-black-kids/

pessimist
09-24-2014, 08:50 PM
I find Chris Matthews to be a little dotty, but I don't see a problem here. He was just saying that kids who grow up in a 'hopeless' environment are vulnerable to extremism and criminality. He's not wrong.

cajuncocoa
09-24-2014, 08:53 PM
oh boy.

pessimist
09-24-2014, 09:00 PM
oh boy.

Why? There is nothing wrong in what he said there. He was using an example of black kids in north Philly being similarly susceptible to criminality like those being radicalized by Muslim extremists. At least that was my interpretation.

twomp
09-24-2014, 09:26 PM
Why? There is nothing wrong in what he said there. He was using an example of black kids in north Philly being similarly susceptible to criminality like those being radicalized by Muslim extremists. At least that was my interpretation.

Almost anything ever said can be spun and in this instance the spin will be.... wait for it.... Chris Matthews is an ISIS sympathizer.

twomp
09-24-2014, 09:26 PM

Almost anything ever said can be spun and in this instance the spin will be.... wait for it.... Chris Matthews is an ISIS sympathizer.

specsaregood
09-24-2014, 09:35 PM
“Unfortunately there’s a parallel with the African-American kid in a North Philly situation,

too bad Matthews didn't mention that we've already dropped bombs on terrorist threatening blacks in philly; then you'd complete the parallel.

mad cow
09-24-2014, 09:56 PM
Has anybody in our State Department offered ISIS free Midnight Basketball?
This could be a cheap fix.

oyarde
09-24-2014, 11:28 PM
iS can have Matthews , he knows less of those and poor Black youth than I do about brain surgery , go figure.

Anti Federalist
09-24-2014, 11:49 PM
too bad Matthews didn't mention that we've already dropped bombs on terrorist threatening blacks in philly; then you'd complete the parallel.

+rep

JustinTime
09-26-2014, 06:26 AM
I find Chris Matthews to be a little dotty, but I don't see a problem here. He was just saying that kids who grow up in a 'hopeless' environment are vulnerable to extremism and criminality. He's not wrong.

If the road to hell is paved with good intentions, thats the on-ramp.

otherone
09-26-2014, 06:37 AM

Nicely done...but he said "north", not "west".

otherone
09-26-2014, 06:42 AM
“Why do they want to be suicide bombers?” Matthews asked of Muslim extremists. “What a hopeless career move, I mean, to be blunt about it.”

http://33.media.tumblr.com/564d5f474c10ac1819f6a638246978d6/tumblr_meudaypWxQ1rrzl5xo1_500.jpg