PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul heading to the Carolinas endorsing Tillis & Walter Jones

RandallFan
09-24-2014, 08:17 PM
Rand endorsing Brannon is going to look like a good when Tillis loses. Rand sided with the 54% who opposed Tillis.

If the runoff had turned into a fight over Brannon's lawsuit I think Rand, Lee and Brannon would have been hurt. And if Brannon lost the general by a small margin they would have blamed the lawsuit. Brannon, Rand and Lee live to run another day.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/218744-rand-paul-heading-to-the-carolinas

Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) is heading down to the Carolinas for a two-day campaign swing that includes a stop to boost North Carolina House Speaker Thom Tillis (R), whose Senate primary opponent received Paul's endorsement.

He'll also stump with Rep. Walter Jones (R-N.C.), an iconoclastic anti-war congressman and longtime friend of Paul's father, former Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas). Jones beat back a primary challenge last spring as well.

anaconda
09-27-2014, 03:49 AM
If memory serves Rand did NOTHING to help Walter Jones during his brutal primary battle. I found this deeply disturbing. Jones is in the short list of House patriots. It's he and Amash and Massie and then we're done. Where was Rand on this?

Vanguard101
09-27-2014, 10:36 AM
If memory serves Rand did NOTHING to help Walter Jones during his brutal primary battle. I found this deeply disturbing. Jones is in the short list of House patriots. It's he and Amash and Massie and Sanford and then we're done. Where was Rand on this?

fixed

Brett85
09-27-2014, 11:07 AM
If memory serves Rand did NOTHING to help Walter Jones during his brutal primary battle. I found this deeply disturbing. Jones is in the short list of House patriots. It's he and Amash and Massie and then we're done. Where was Rand on this?

Jones has something like a 60% lifetime rating from the Club for Growth. He's not a fiscal conservative at all. He's just good on foreign policy issues. I can see how you can be critical of Rand for not endorsing Jones if all you care about is foreign policy issues. But I think that Rand probably cares about more than just foreign policy issues.

Krugminator2
09-27-2014, 11:25 AM

It's more like Amash, Massie, 30 other people, then Walter Jones. I think Rand should support Walter Jones out of loyalty for his support of Ron Paul. I probably would just vote for the Libertarian if I lived in his district if it weren't for his ties to Ron Paul.