PDA

View Full Version : CNN Host Grills GOP Rep. Blackburn: What More Could Obama Be Doing Against ISIS?

orenbus
09-24-2014, 08:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ln2xMjRfCfk

President Barack Obama’s agressive military campaign against ISIS in both Iraq and Syria has made it difficult for hawkish Republicans in Congress to criticize him for being too weak on terror (though some have tried valiantly). When Rep. Marsha Blackburn (R-TN) went on CNN Wednesday afternoon to express her frustration with the president’s actions, anchor Ashleigh Banfield demanded to know what more she thought the president could possibly been doing.

Quoting from a previous interview Blackburn did with Nashville Public Radio, Banfield said the congresswoman wanted “more aggressive” and “full force” action against ISIS from Obama. But at the same time, she stopped short of calling for ground troops. “So I don’t know that I understand what is more forceful than the position that the president’s taken,” Banfield said.

Blackburn told Banfield that military leaders are urging the president to take a “more aggressive” position against ISIS, but again did not mention specifics. “I hear you, but I’m just not sure I understand what you’re saying though,” Banfield said. “What’s more aggressive than 47 tomahawk cruise missiles, four dozen aircraft, 200 pieces of ordinance, about 150 weapons with precision-guided munitions, all in just two days?”

“You’re saying the president needs to use ‘more force’ and be ‘more aggressive,’” the host said, “using what?” When Blackburn shifted to saying she still does not know who is part of the Arab “coalition,” Banfield put a graphic up on the screen showing the five specific countries that flew alongside the U.S. mission in Syria. “This isn’t guesswork, this isn’t ‘sources say,’ this is ‘we did this’ so what do you mean we don’t know who the coalition is?” she asked the congresswoman.

Blackburn started to hedge a bit and Banfield confronted her directly. “Do you want to see boots on the ground?” she asked. “I want you on the record.”

“If the airstrikes and the campaign that you’re seeing right now isn’t aggressive enough, in your words, do you want to see American boots on the ground?” she asked. “Is that the aggression that you’re looking for?” She added, “This is a very simple question for a member of Congress to answer” when Blackburn refused to go on the record.

“You do not need 435 people playing commander-in-chief,” Blackburn said, backing off of her criticism of the president. In the end, she said she would support whatever the command team decides.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/cnn-host-grills-gop-rep-blackburn-what-more-could-obama-be-doing-against-isis/

juleswin
09-24-2014, 08:34 PM
She had me at "The president is the leader of the free world". Now if someone can confirm a 3rd boob, I will be relocating to Tennessee tomorrow.

You'll think her problem would be that the POTUS action is unconstitutional but no, she thinks the president did not go far enough. This is the moron that went of national TV to debate Bill Nye on climate change. God help us

Brett85
09-24-2014, 09:19 PM
This is the moron that went of national TV to debate Bill Nye on climate change. God help us

Well, then I guess she's at least right on one issue.

Matt Collins
09-24-2014, 09:23 PM
OP - link to the article?!

orenbus
09-24-2014, 09:34 PM
OP - link to the article?!

done.

Matt Collins
09-24-2014, 10:32 PM
Mucho gracias

Natural Citizen
09-24-2014, 10:40 PM
Mucho gracias

It's muchas gracias, dummy. Jiminy Crickets.

You're not in charge of immigrant reform pr, Matt. :)

Matt Collins
09-25-2014, 08:11 AM
It's muchas gracias, dummy. Jiminy Crickets.

You're not in charge of immigrant reform pr, Matt. :)
Yeah, foreign language was not my strong suit :o

jbauer
09-25-2014, 08:19 AM
We sure know how to grow 'em!!!!! GO TN GO TN!!

Matt Collins
09-25-2014, 08:53 AM
We sure know how to grow 'em!!!!! GO TN GO TN!!
She could be un-elected fairly easily if her district knew her voting record.

Natural Citizen
09-25-2014, 02:25 PM
Yeah, foreign language was not my strong suit :o

I was just messing with you anyway. I could go through my own postings and laugh at my grammar and punction after the fact. It's not like we're writing op-eds here.