PDA

View Full Version : New airstrikes under way; planes targeting refineries used by ISIS

jct74
09-24-2014, 03:43 PM
New airstrikes under way; planes targeting refineries used by ISIS

By Laura Smith-Spark, Barbara Starr and Gul Tuysuz, CNN
updated 5:33 PM EDT, Wed September 24, 2014

The airstrikes against ISIS positions in eastern Syria targeted modular oil refineries, Pentagon spokesman Rear Adm. John Kirby told CNN on Wednesday.

"These strikes just ended moments ago," he said.

The warplanes targeted 12 locations, and they included warplanes from the United States, the United Arab Emirates and Saudi Arabia, Kirby said.

U.S. and coalition warplanes pounded ISIS positions in eastern Syria, targeting oil installations being used by the so-called Islamic State terror group, a U.S. official with knowledge of the operation told CNN on Wednesday.

The latest round of airstrikes appeared to be an effort to cut off money flowing to ISIS, which has been selling oil to help finance the group's operations.

The strikes hit about a dozen targets, the official said. Among those flying alongside U.S. planes were forces from the United Arab Emirates, a second official said. Both officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to release details to the media.

read more:
http://www.cnn.com/2014/09/24/world/meast/us-airstrikes/index.html

Acala
09-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Later, we will pay Bechtel to rebuild them. Then we can blow them up again.

surf
09-24-2014, 03:50 PM
glad I got gas today....

devil21
09-24-2014, 03:59 PM
What a load of horseshit! Blowing up refineries in Syria is an attack on 'ISIS'? They're not even trying to be slick about this.

kcchiefs6465
09-24-2014, 04:18 PM
Quite effectively.

09-24-2014, 05:17 PM
What a load of horseshit! Blowing up refineries in Syria is an attack on 'ISIS'? They're not even trying to be slick about this.

IS sells the oil from the refineries on the black market for $2 million a day.

Cutting off their funding sources is the best way to prevent them from having the financing for a large scale terror attack.

The sad part is that the US will probably pay to rebuild them in the future if this war follows the typical path of recent wars.

JK/SEA
09-24-2014, 05:29 PM
what about the climate change thing?...all that pollution from the burning oil and stuff?...

Its all about our 'interests'...is that right....? or not...?

nevermind. I think i hit my head too hard.

09-24-2014, 05:36 PM
what about the climate change thing?...all that pollution from the burning oil and stuff?...

Its all about our 'interests'...is that right....? or not...?

nevermind. I think i hit my head too hard.

Obama will probably get a Nobel prize in environmentalism for bombing the refineries. That's how it seems to work lately.

JK/SEA
09-24-2014, 05:41 PM
//

devil21
09-24-2014, 07:26 PM

No they don't. ISIS is a CIA and Mossad controlled front group of mercenaries and intelligence operatives. Refineries are being attacked because that's where Assad's government gets it's revenues from. They're destroying the infrastructure of the existing government just like always.

Cutting off their funding sources is the best way to prevent them from having the financing for a large scale terror attack.

WE ARE THE TERRORISTS BY BOMBING AND MISSILE ATTACKING A COUNTRY THAT NEVER EVEN THREATENED US!

The sad part is that the US will probably pay to rebuild them in the future if this war follows the typical path of recent wars.

That we agree on. Only once a puppet government is installed and a western central bank is in place will they be rebuilt though. It's following the exact same path of lies and disinformation to invade a sovereign nation as Afghanistan and Iraq so naturally the nation building process will be the same too.

vita3
09-24-2014, 07:36 PM
Turkey will be pissed. They are main buyer of ISIS stolen oil.

Dr.3D
09-24-2014, 07:38 PM
glad I got gas today....
Yeah, I'm sure they will use this as an excuse to raise the price of fuel again. (Isn't that just admitting they were buying from the black market?)

pcosmar
09-24-2014, 07:58 PM
Expect Fuel Tanker Hijackings to increase in the whole area.

I am just wondering how long it will take for the blowback inside these Arab countries to start.

I was already expecting a Civil war in Jordan,, but this will piss off a lot of Wahabis.

HOLLYWOOD
09-24-2014, 08:22 PM
Turkey will be pissed. They are main buyer of ISIS stolen oil.Energy @ a 40% DISCOUNT TOO

The Fascist State must protect corporate profits and government taxes on energy... just more proof, doesn't matter who or what is in office... the markets/commodities and money, will be rigged/controlled and the bombs will always fall to protect the profitnerships.

Everybody's a Winner! ...exception, the 99.9%

orenbus
09-24-2014, 08:47 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI1sv3lGb2c

ClydeCoulter
09-24-2014, 09:40 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI1sv3lGb2c

These people make a big deal out of simple minded crap and discuss it at length. This is supposed to get everyone to think it "normal" to be so simple minded. I can't watch the whole thing. And If the first Obama segment had been any longer I may not have been able to post this but would have been on the way to Walmart for another monitor.

Root
09-24-2014, 10:07 PM
What.
da.
Fuck?

Natural Citizen
09-24-2014, 10:27 PM
What.
da.
Fuck?

Nutshell would be using this as a prop to justify a different kind of cyber security. Especially with regard to the broader scheme of foreign policy with other nations. So then we need to become better aquainted with infrastructure that has been systematically put into place with regard to the domestic and international finance clearing models of those various nations and partners. Like Russia, China, all the BRICS...you get the idea. Remember the old gag about never let a good crisis go to waste?

As well, it should be noted that some countries were not invited" into the so called "coalition".

tangent4ronpaul
09-24-2014, 11:36 PM
AWESOME!!!

This is exactly the strategy I was hyping before. Turn their mobile armor - hell, mobile everything into pillboxes.

Now lets create some 40' "potholes" in every road connecting ISIL controlled towns...

To some of the idiots posting on this thread please note that Syria only has TWO, that's right TWO industrial size oil refineries! See my thread DIY oil refinery - Nigerian style to get an idea of what they hit! Refineries are rare,

Finally! - the US mil is growing a brain!

SPW - XXXIII

-t

puppetmaster
09-25-2014, 12:47 AM
I believe this to be an attack on assad's government. This is not about the ISIS BS

extortion17
09-25-2014, 01:37 AM

Yep, agree.

This shows this is a more traditional full blown war - that the Senate should have approved of -

the sorties hitting radar installations very first to get clear dominion of the airspace -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE_TQj6A3yg

Saudi, UAE, French and Australian fighter jets are already involved (bombing and support) . . . once that is total - I mean TOTAL air no-fly outside of allied forces, then . . .

tangent4ronpaul
09-25-2014, 01:59 AM
French and Australian fighter jets are already involved

ref please?

I can see why the French would throw their hat in the ring, concerning the recent beheading of one of their citizens.

-t

alucard13mm
09-25-2014, 02:12 AM
Next targets are hospitals and valuable infrastructures that ISIS is using to hide and operate from.. let's bomb those too. Oh, yeah, bomb out bridges so ISIS cant travel on. ISIS needs water, lets blow up some aquaducts and irrigation channels.

tangent4ronpaul
09-25-2014, 02:24 AM
Next targets are hospitals and valuable infrastructures that ISIS is using to hide and operate from.. let's bomb those too. Oh, yeah, bomb out bridges so ISIS cant travel on. ISIS needs water, lets blow up some aquaducts and irrigation channels.

You are being sarcastic, but thinking along the right lines. ISIL is the borg. convert or die and that means you are an involuntary soldier for them. They feed you. They arm you. You don't want to be there. Make your life more miserable and you will REVOLT or DESERT! They want to set up a gvmt. Destroy their credibility to do that. Let them hold tiny pieces of land and not be able to attack anyone. Not be able to touch our peeps. SPW XXXIII

-t

tangent4ronpaul
09-25-2014, 02:37 AM
AJAM is reporting that they hit oil FIELDS! There is a world of difference between an oil field and a refinery. Engines do NOT run on crude! Getting from crude to a refined liquid fuel is the Achilles heal. Refineries are rare.

I pity the people fighting those fires. They are a bitch to put out.

tangent4ronpaul
09-25-2014, 02:39 AM
server F up

tangent4ronpaul
09-25-2014, 02:49 AM
server F up

extortion17
09-25-2014, 03:00 AM
ref please?

I can see why the French would throw their hat in the ring, concerning the recent beheading of one of their citizens.

-t

Aussies dedicated fighhter jets last week in a news conference by Prime Minister Tony Abbott
when their terror level went to it's highest ever last week - days later arrests for plot by ISIL-sympathizers/operatives
for public beheadings of random Aussie citizens.

Aussies also committed to the allied forces some 600 SF pairs of boots

French was from a forum post here - hadn't seeen anythng specific.

I'll presume that rthe Danish would be involved as well - USA built F-35's need a testing ground for the Danes and Aussies -
I guess WWIII is now that testing ground maybe a little earlier than originally planned.

NATO treaties means it is World War III vs. the Hitler-esque quasi-nation ISIL

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/australian-leader-warns-planned-random-attack-25585654

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEULVyg1O_8

osan
09-25-2014, 05:02 AM

You write of "IS" as if you knew that they were what media reports them to be. That is a pretty wild assumption.

This is also rife with presumptions that may be correct in whole or in part. They may also be likewise incorrect.

And finally, you write something sensible.

0.334 may be considered decent in baseball, but in discussions such as this I think perhaps some improvement is in order.

tangent4ronpaul
09-25-2014, 05:55 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEULVyg1O_8

ODD that in the opening, the lower stings are pressed down, yet the upper strings are the only ones stroked...

-t

extortion17
09-25-2014, 06:23 AM
ODD that in the opening, the lower stings are pressed down, yet the upper strings are the only ones stroked...

-t
have to confess - Jackson Browne studio on the corner of 14th and Colorado in Santa Monica is a hangout of sorts back in the day (1990's) -
sorry that they didn't go to the production trouble to sync everything for you all in this very dated video clip

I suppose the Rolling Stones could afford more elaborate pre-production expenses . . . even back in the 1980's - they got the green goin' on 'eh ?

so have a dose of stones then . . .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKLVmBOOqVU

P.S. Dear young'uns . . . and t4p . . . realize this is perhaps the very first MTV video (circa 1982) - the lead song on the Stones' new album then,
and the Stones' first attempt at the combination of putting a non-concert video to set to their music - it is well choreographed - and I do not exxagerate when I say it played about 20 times a day on the brand new channel then . . . MTV (damn I AM an old man - awe shit !)

ClydeCoulter
09-25-2014, 06:34 AM

-t

Two different guitar parts being played. Muffled low string, and a higher part. But yes, they show the left hand of the high part and the right had of the low part, but not both hands of either part. hmmmm

Acala
09-25-2014, 09:19 AM
AWESOME!!!

This is exactly the strategy I was hyping before. Turn their mobile armor - hell, mobile everything into pillboxes.

Now lets create some 40' "potholes" in every road connecting ISIL controlled towns...

To some of the idiots posting on this thread please note that Syria only has TWO, that's right TWO industrial size oil refineries! See my thread DIY oil refinery - Nigerian style to get an idea of what they hit! Refineries are rare,

Finally! - the US mil is growing a brain!

SPW - XXXIII

-t

Go Team America, World Police! Because it is just a matter of time before ISIS is driving that mobile armor down main street USA. America will not be safe until everyone in the world is afraid to leave their house - including Americans.

acptulsa
09-25-2014, 11:21 AM

I doubt that very much. Unless, of course, they manage to pry them loose from Russia's orbit and fix them firmly in America's.

The petrodollar is falling down. I really don't think they've given up on it yet. Controlling all the oil producing nations is getting more difficult, what with all the little CIA 'terrorist' militias going off the reservation and Americans getting damned sick of paying for these wars in blood, treasure and this horrible 'wartime economy'. But what if, before they go, they can fix it so 85+% of the world's refining capacity is located within three hundred miles of Texas City, Texas? Could they control oil production well enough to keep the petrodollar alive?

What good is crude oil? You might convince a diesel to run on it, but it won't move a car with spark plugs an inch.

Acala
09-25-2014, 11:33 AM
I doubt that very much. Unless, of course, they manage to pry them loose from Russia's orbit and fix them firmly in America's.

The petrodollar is falling down. I really don't think they've given up on it yet. Controlling all the oil producing nations is getting more difficult, what with all the little CIA 'terrorist' militias going off the reservation and Americans getting damned sick of paying for these wars in blood, treasure and this horrible 'wartime economy'. But what if, before they go, they can fix it so 85+% of the world's refining capacity is located within three hundred miles of Texas City, Texas? Could they control oil production well enough to keep the petrodollar alive?

What good is crude oil? You might convince a diesel to run on it, but it won't move a car with spark plugs an inch.

Giving taxpayer money to Bechtel is an end in itself. Government policy doesn't need to make sense or benefit the USA. All it needs to do to be a complete success is take money from you and give it to people in the club.

acptulsa
09-25-2014, 12:15 PM
Giving taxpayer money to Bechtel is an end in itself. Government policy doesn't need to make sense or benefit the USA. All it needs to do to be a complete success is take money from you and give it to people in the club.

If they want to reduce the refining capacity in Russia's orbit, only Putin is likely to stop them.

They haven't had any trouble coming up with profitable busy work for Bechtel at any point in the last dozen years. I doubt a little setback like a power-gathering policy objective will cause them to sit Bechtel on the bench.

extortion17
09-27-2014, 05:12 AM
French was from a forum post here - hadn't seen anythng specific.

I'll presume that rthe Danish would be involved as well - USA built F-35's need a testing ground for the Danes and Aussies -
I guess WWIII is now that testing ground maybe a little earlier than originally planned.

Confirmation of Dane air support came through media outlets officially on Friday - F-16's . . .

http://www.iraqinews.com/iraq-war/urgent-denmark-deploys-7-f-16-fighter-jets-iraq-fight-isis/

The Danish government has decided to support the international coalition led by the United States,
to eliminate the organization of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant,
through the deployment of seven F-16 fighter jets in Iraq.

The Iraqi state television said in a newsflash followed by IraqiNews.com that
“the government of Denmark decided to deploy seven F-16 aircraft in Iraq to fight the organization ISIS.”

The Danes F-16's are "quite capable" partners in this operation -
they have been with the USA-led coalition forces in the hunt for bin Laden from the git-go -
- unfortunately losing approximately 40 Dane Special Forces freedom fighters in that fight against AQ -
their valuable pilots will be now part of the war efforts against the offshoot ISIL - a first derivative of al Queda in Irag fwiw.

You can bet swede frogmen are perched at their posts in the Baltic, watching for bears in the waters too - as usual.

After all, this is WW III ya' know.

extortion17
09-27-2014, 06:41 AM
btw hollywood . . .

there will be absolutely no problem with the dane patrols of airspace -
they know how and when to use the sidewinders when we engage with the bear(s)

The Danes are trusted partners . . . always 'ave been.

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/f16dane002a_zpsf5eb359e.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/f16dane002a_zpsf5eb359e.jpg.html)

extortion17
09-27-2014, 09:32 AM
our miramar and twenty-nine palms and oceanside camp friends will fight next to a Dane anyday . . . fwiw

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/danejetsoo1s_zps953e7fef.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/danejetsoo1s_zps953e7fef.jpg.html)

Danke
09-27-2014, 10:12 AM
our miramar and twenty-nine palms and oceanside camp friends will fight next to a Dane anyday . . . fwiw

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/danejetsoo1s_zps953e7fef.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/danejetsoo1s_zps953e7fef.jpg.html)

Retired J35 Draken?

extortion17
09-27-2014, 10:27 AM
Retired J35 Draken?
not retired . . . this one waiting for a Saab re-paint job I guess by now

it is afterall the Danish F-35's (awesome) that the axis nations of the Levant and Mother Russia will worry about from our Danish friends -
in Russia's own back yard with F-35's semi-operational . . .
it is called having Putin by the huevos in California anyhoo.

Danke
09-27-2014, 10:59 AM
not retired . . . this one waiting for a Saab re-paint job I guess by now

it is afterall the Danish F-35's (awesome) that the axis nations of the Levant and Mother Russia will worry about from our Danish friends -
in Russia's own back yard with F-35's semi-operational . . .
it is called having Putin by the huevos in California anyhoo.

It is a retired piece of junk. Easily defeated in a fight.

extortion17
09-27-2014, 11:18 AM
It is a retired piece of junk. Easily defeated in a fight.

such bullsheeet talk is so cheeeeep - cheeeep -cheeeep little bird man

and btw so is the F-35 that the Danes have too . . .
but keep in mind either of 'em blow your sorry arse hole and ISIL's out of the sky and your home any daaaaay
but at least provide air space monitioring . . . so what is your point commie ?

Git it fool ?