PDA

View Full Version : Woman's car runs of out gas. Masked cop beats her with baseball bat.

Mani
09-24-2014, 04:33 AM
Wha!?! :eek:

Ya...what I just put in the title is 100% fucking accurate. I'm not putting a misleading title..

Someone mentioned it's crazy to think cops have a tendency toward violence....A 30 year veteran of the force....

In the cops defense, I'm sure he feared for the safety of his father's empty home...So he had no choice but to club the woman with a baseball bat...

Someone please follow up on this....Oct 10th is his sentencing..I'm expecting a severe wrist slap..One that might leave a red mark for about 15 seconds.

http://countercurrentnews.com/2014/09/cop-puts-on-mask-beats-woman-then-gets-paid-leave/

http://www.contracostatimes.com/contra-costa-times/ci_26491056/walnut-creek-cop-suspected-attacking-woman-bat-charged

A Walnut Creek police officer who beat a woman with a baseball bat believing he was defending a vacant Richmond house owned by his father entered pleas to two felonies and an enhancement at his arraignment Monday.

Gregory Thompson, out of custody and wearing a light-brown suit, pleaded no contest to felony assault with force likely to cause great bodily injury and felony vandalism, and admitted to a firearm enhancement. After the hearing, Thompson, 53, raced from the courthouse with a phone held against his ear and got into a waiting vehicle without responding to any questions.

Prosecutor Barry Grove said his office would recommend Thompson, a 30-year veteran of the Walnut Creek Police Department, be sentenced to one year in County Jail but that a judge could impose as many as five years in state prison -- though such a harsh penalty would be "unlikely," Grove said.

"To his credit," Grove said, "he admitted guilt early. Hopefully, he can get on with the rest of his life." (Ya, the cop has suffered enough. Because mundanes who happen to be holding baseball bats, knives, toy guns, get...hmmmm...a death sentence for holding those items.....But a masked cop that beats an innocent woman with a bat?? Ya poor cop needs to move on with his life...)

Thompson, a Martinez resident, was arrested Aug. 16 around 2 a.m. after officers responded to reports of a screaming woman and a bat-wielding masked man in the 4000 block of Clinton Avenue. Thompson identified himself as a police officer, Richmond police Capt. Bisa French said, and while he was talking to police, the victim came out of the bushes where she had been hiding. She told police she ran out of gas and was walking for assistance when the attack happened.

We can prove he went down there because people had been breaking into his father's vacant house," Grove said. "He found a woman on the street. It appears he in some way believed that she was attempting to break into the house and seek shelter, and with a ski mask and gloves, he beat her with a baseball bat." (Because that's completely normal thinking right!?! Ski mask and gloves!? No malicious intent there...:rolleyes:)

The prosecutor said the woman suffered non-life-threatening injuries, adding that investigators checked the woman's car and confirmed it was out of gas.

Walnut Creek police Capt. Mark Perlite said Thompson had been placed on paid administrative leave. Grove said the felonies and the firearm enhancement would prohibit Thompson from resuming his law enforcement career.

Grove said Thompson can eventually return to court and ask the judge to reduce his felonies to misdemeanors. Thompson is scheduled to be sentenced Oct. 10.

I love the fact that a woman is stranded in the middle of the night...and Being a 30 year veteran PEACE OFFICER, who's faux job it is to PROTECT AND SERVE the public for a living....seeing a stranded woman alone...looking for help or for shelter................his reaction is..............................to beat her with a bat.

Czolgosz
09-24-2014, 04:41 AM
Why wouldn't he just call the Police? L O L

Mani
09-24-2014, 04:50 AM
Why wouldn't he just call the Police? L O L

Because....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBkx3CWvnRA

Root
09-24-2014, 05:56 AM
She did it to her self. This is why we need maps of where all the cops and cop families live, for our own safety.

Origanalist
09-24-2014, 06:11 AM
He didn't have time to don his super hero outfit, so he had to settle for a ski mask.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-hJmYtNlpTu8/T-YtglSmW9I/AAAAAAAAQfU/n0UBN_-ZX1c/s1600/spider-man3-venom-topher-grace.jpg

Cissy
09-24-2014, 09:47 AM
Grove said Thompson can eventually return to court and ask the judge to reduce his felonies to misdemeanors.

This is why it is called the Just-Us System.

How many people who are *not* wearing magical government costumes would have felonies reduced to misdemeanors if they wore a mask and gloves and beat another person with a baseball bat?

KCIndy
09-24-2014, 06:05 PM
This is why it is called the Just-Us System.

How many people who are *not* wearing magical government costumes would have felonies reduced to misdemeanors if they wore a mask and gloves and beat another person with a baseball bat?

I was thinking the same thing. Any non-cop in the same situation would probably be sentenced to several years - and in prison, not the county jail. I wonder if this clown will collect back pay while he's in the slammer?

presence
09-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Sorry, but donning the ski mask makes it attempted murder.

Mani
09-24-2014, 08:53 PM
Sorry, but donning the ski mask makes it attempted murder.

Oh but he admitted it right away...so that makes it all better....so he can get his slap on the wrist and get on with his life....

Dr.3D
09-24-2014, 09:07 PM
Wow, if he had tried that on some of the women I know, he would have been shot.