PDA

View Full Version : Pregnant woman slammed onto street by NYPD cop

kahless
09-23-2014, 09:19 PM
Pregnant woman slammed onto street by NYPD cop in Sunset Park
http://pix11.com/2014/09/23/video-pregnant-woman-slammed-onto-street-by-nypd-cop-in-sunset-park/

— who is six months pregnant — not only landing on her stomach, but she and her developing child having to absorb the weight of a police officer on top of her as well.

Authorities say police were attempting to apprehend a man who was possibly in possession of a gravity knife when several family members, which included the pregnant woman, tried to intervene.
What happened is appalling and should not be happening in New York City. These videos are pictures of the truth and those who take them are performing a public service,” Rubenstein added.
Flores says that accountability of the NYPD’S 72nd Precinct needs to happen as a result of this case, as well as the recent stomping of a food vendor at a street fair.

“What we are seeing here is a group of officers that are acting more like criminals instead of people that are here to protect us and serve the interest of the people in this neighborhood,” Flores said.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSdzJlK99Fo

heavenlyboy34
09-23-2014, 09:32 PM
:eek: :mad: :( Get a rope!

specsaregood
09-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Authorities say police were attempting to apprehend a man who was possibly in possession of a gravity knife when several family members, which included the pregnant woman, tried to intervene.

I had to look that up as I didn't know what a "gravity knife" is.

A gravity knife is a knife with a blade contained in its handle, and which opens its blade by the force of inertia or gravity.[1] As the gravity knife requires gravity or spinning motion to propel the blade out of the handle, it differs fundamentally from the switchblade, which opens its spring-propelled blade automatically upon the push of a button, switch, or fulcrum lever.[1] The main purpose of this opening method is that it allows opening and closing to be done one handed, in situations where the other hand is occupied. A major historical use has been in issue to parachutists to cut off their parachutes when tangled in a tree or similar.

The gravity knife uses a button, trigger, or fulcrum lever to release the blade from both the open and the closed positions, and may use a side-folding or telescoping (out-the-front, or OTF) blade. While most military gravity knives utilize a locking blade design, other types may not mechanically lock open but rely instead upon friction to wedge the rear section of the blade against the interior of the handle.[2] Factory-made gravity knives have various types of buttons, triggers, and fulcrum levers, which usually are used to release the blade from both the open and the closed positions.

So its a knife where the blade is hidden completely unless activated and then it springs out. So assuming the knife was not out.... I can imagine hundreds of things that might look like a knife handle that has no knife -- even keychains-- especially in the dark as the video is taken.

And given the fact that they say, "possibly in possession" indicates to me that he did not in fact have one.

Which leads me to conclude that this "gravity knife" thing is just some new? probable cause bullshit the cops have thought up to use.

heavenlyboy34
09-23-2014, 09:41 PM

So its a knife where the blade is hidden completely unless activated and then it springs out. So assuming the knife was not out.... I can imagine hundreds of things that might look like a knife handle that has no knife -- even keychains-- especially in the dark as the video is taken.

And given the fact that they say, "possibly in possession" indicates to me that he did not in fact have one.
Which leads me to conclude that this "gravity knife" thing is just some new? probable cause bullshit the cops have thought up to use.

Perhaps a drop weapon?

specsaregood
09-23-2014, 09:47 PM
Perhaps a drop weapon?

No need. Evidently such knives are illegal to possess in NY. So I'm assuming all a cop has to say is they think they saw one and have probable cause to fuck your shit up. and since one where the knife isn't exposed looks pretty much like a hunded different things from small brick phones in a case to keychains, they can just say they thought you had one and have it be believable.

could this not be a hundred different generic things:
http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attachments/bundeswehr-forum/27422d1234476131t-german-gravity-knife-100_1741.jpg

mad cow
09-23-2014, 11:16 PM
“These videos are pictures of the truth and those who take them are performing a public service.”

Just one more instance of police brutality that would remain unknown,probably even on that block let alone nationally,if it wasn't for smartphones.
That would be three instances if you just count the ones shown in this short newscast.

There have been 100's posted here in the last year or so that would be equally unknown if the cops hadn't been caught in the act on camera.

Natural Citizen
09-23-2014, 11:29 PM
It looks to me like she got her legs crossed up and fell with officer friendly landing on her. Of course, they still didn't hesitate to plant a knee on her neck and hold her there in that dangerous position.

idiom
09-24-2014, 12:19 AM

Oh man it sounded like epic Sci-Fi terrorism. CIA gave ISIS super advanced weaponry from DARPA or somewhere blacker and now a terrorist is going to use a GRAVITY KNIFE on NYC.

Bloody switchblade.

So disappoint.

Mani
09-24-2014, 02:58 AM
No need. Evidently such knives are illegal to possess in NY. So I'm assuming all a cop has to say is they think they saw one and have probable cause to fuck your shit up. and since one where the knife isn't exposed looks pretty much like a hunded different things from small brick phones in a case to keychains, they can just say they thought you had one and have it be believable.

could this not be a hundred different generic things:
http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/attachments/bundeswehr-forum/27422d1234476131t-german-gravity-knife-100_1741.jpg

You mean it could have been this?

http://im01.taiwantrade.org/MAIN/resources/member/159671/productcatalog/358a243a-bbfd-4796-9086-32a33cd0b7db_0_SwitchBlade_multi_position1.jpg

thoughtomator
09-24-2014, 03:13 AM

He was also "possibly in possession" of a suitcase nuke. :rolleyes:

tod evans
09-24-2014, 03:49 AM
He was also "possibly in possession" of a suitcase nuke. :rolleyes:

Don't forget about the possibility of smuggling illicit narcotics in his veins...:eek:

kahless
09-24-2014, 09:17 AM
More info. NY Daily News and the NY Post have a longer video that shows another woman in the video thrown to the ground and the camera man claiming she suffered a broken arm.

Pregnant woman thrown, held belly-down to the ground by NYPD cop in Brooklyn
http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/brooklyn/exclusive-pregnant-woman-thrown-nypd-article-1.1950499

“I was afraid something happened to my baby. I am still afraid that something is wrong,” she said, referring to the abdominal pain that persists.
Amezquita suffered vaginal bleeding after the incident, and her belly and arm still bear bruises.

Cops wrestle pregnant woman to the ground in disturbing clip
http://nypost.com/2014/09/24/pregnant-woman-slammed-to-the-ground-by-police-caught-on-video/