PDA

View Full Version : "Operation Open House"

mactaggart
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
Hi Everybody...

We were discussing this in our Meetup today, and I would invite help and participation from anyone who can contribute.

First, the idea...
"Operation Open House" is essentially a plan to give each Meetup across the country a blueprint for presenting the effectiveness and enthusiasm of the RP grassroots operation to the GOP powers that be in their area. We need to show these people how organized, motivated, and effective we are, so that:

a) They see that we are real people, dedicated to the principles we say we are dedicated to, and not "propped up by George Soros" or whatever other nonsense they're being spoonfed by the frightened so-called frontrunners.

b) They can start to imagine how nice it would be to be able to be a part of this themselves in the general election

c) We can work together to spread the word and put RP in the White House.

So here's what we need...

- A listing of all the cool initiatives that came out of the grassroots. Please post these in this thread. Obvious ones too...just come up with the list that you would want the muckety-mucks to know about if it was your presentation.

- "Behind the scenes" video...of RP bloggers, Meetups, T-Shirt sales, door knocking activities, robocalling, live calling, all of it. Post the YouTube links in this thread as well, so we can all use / splice them once they're all turned in.

- Testimonials from people that our efforts have touched. Preference is for those people that we have reached out to and convinced to change their registration, but anything in the "the organization affected me by..." genre would help.

- Finished products. Mash up the ingredients above and send us what you come up with. Remember the theme. It should be usable as part of a presentation to local and state GOP officials, in a face-to-face setting, to show them what they would be getting by helping us get RP to the general election. Finished product suggestions could be videos, PowerPoint presentations, articles, flash presentation CDs, et cetera.

Timeline
I would like to have at least some of the finished products ready to go for the week following Tea Party. I think we all know it's going to be huge. That is the perfect time to reach out. Both groups need each other. The GOP needs the energy that the RP wing brings to the table. We need their help in reaching the base.

Questions, and any other suggestions are welcome...if you want to email me, please use mactaggart+openhouse at gmail. I think this could be very useful in bringing us all together. We have a very energized, positive whirlwind effort going...people will fall in love with it if we show it to them.

- MacT

mactaggart
12-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Here are some themes that I believe would help us:
- Registration drives
- Events that revolve around planks in the GOP platform...low taxes, immigration, etc
- The benefits of decentralization
- Examples of local and state organizations already working together successfully
- Numbers, numbers numbers

I'm looking forward to hearing from you all.

mactaggart
12-04-2007, 09:50 AM
Also, we are going to need presenters and targeted audiences. Local meetup members - this would make a great small project for some of your volunteers to take on.