PDA

View Full Version : A simple question for Liberty Political Advertising

jake
12-02-2007, 06:40 PM
On ronpaulblimp.com the offer is $1,000,000 for 2 months of blimp advertising time

The grassroots organizers originally had a figure of $350,000 per month, which works out to $700,000.

This means $300,000 profit on a 2 month lease. Someone is going to get very rich on this project.

so my question is, is this a fair assessment of the pricing and "profit" situation?

steph3n
12-02-2007, 06:42 PM
On ronpaulblimp.com the offer is $1,000,000 for 2 months of blimp advertising time

The grassroots organizers originally had a figure of $350,000 per month, which works out to $700,000.

This means $300,000 profit on a 2 month lease. Someone is going to get very rich on this project.

so my question is, is this a fair assessment of the pricing and "profit" situation?

I believe they are considering boarding for the staff of the blimp if it is to stay in locations for longer as well. I am hoping details about all this come out soon.
I'd also imagaine there is quite some fees to STORE a blimp overnight, rental at a small airport, etc, they are huge :D

rory096
12-02-2007, 06:46 PM
They have added a spotlight truck, smaller remote controlled blimps, lawyers, media liaisons, etc since that time. It's not going straight into the pockets of the guys running this.

chestertime
12-02-2007, 06:49 PM
dumbest idea ever. complete scam. it will turn out to be an embarrassing black mark on an otherwise successful grassroots campaign. i question the intelligence of anyone who donates.

rory096
12-02-2007, 06:50 PM
dumbest idea ever. complete scam. it will turn out to be an embarrassing black mark on an otherwise successful grassroots campaign. i question the intelligence of anyone who donates.
Any proof for this, or is this just baseless conjecture? Go away, troll.

fletcher
12-02-2007, 07:12 PM

It won't be a black mark on the grassroots campaign because it is no longer grassroots. It will be a black mark on the people who hijacked a grassroots project to start a business.

asmartchimp
12-02-2007, 07:15 PM

+1

McDermit
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
I believe they are considering boarding for the staff of the blimp if it is to stay in locations for longer as well. I am hoping details about all this come out soon.
I'd also imagaine there is quite some fees to STORE a blimp overnight, rental at a small airport, etc, they are huge :DThat stuff was all included in the $350k quote from the owner. The flat rate covers fuel, crew, and all things associated with the actual flight and transportation of the blimp. They went the extra step and included the artwork as well.

rory096
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM
That stuff was all included in the $350k quote from the owner. The flat rate covers fuel, crew, and all things associated with the actual flight and transportation of the blimp. They went the extra step and included the artwork as well.
Yes, and now, to make the project more effective, they've added various other things which will cost extra money.

alexpasch
12-02-2007, 08:10 PM
The problem is they started doing all these things without being sure they'd be able to afford them. Kinda like how the government spends money it doesn't have.

OptionsTrader
12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
It won't be a black mark on the grassroots campaign because it is no longer grassroots. It will be a black mark on the people who hijacked a grassroots project to start a business.

Sadly that is what it appears is going on. I am all for a limited scope, single PR stunt for 350,000 and pledged to donate 1/350 of that. But I am not interested in the recent shift toward a business.

Paul4Prez
12-02-2007, 08:15 PM

I'm not donating -- I'm buying advertising time for Ron Paul on the blimp!

Primbs
12-02-2007, 08:16 PM
If we don't do something bold and innovative the media will write off Ron Paul as a candidate who doesn't matter because Ron Paul is not polling well.

The media will want to make this a horse race between two or three candidates max.

We need a blimp and other campaign ideas to break into the public's conscience.

Otherwise we will be overwhelmed by Mitt Romney when he writes himself a check for twenty million dollars to use in Iowa and New Hampshire.

While the other guys have more money, we need to be innovative to counteract their advantage in money.

hillertexas
12-02-2007, 08:21 PM

+1

Rhys
12-02-2007, 08:28 PM
People who want to make money should step aside for people who can do it for free.... that being said, there is a lot of work to do for a blimp, even for a month so some form of Trust committee does need to exist in some form. be it a company or whatever. at some point though, a company can't really ask for donations and have it go over well.

If the blimp flies, great. don't get ahead of yourselves blimp team, please. we want a blimp, not a cool advertising company. you'll get a million dollars for your book, just get a blimp up please.