PDA

View Full Version : Univision Debate?

Matt Collins
12-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Does anyone have any info on the Univision debate coming up?

AlexMerced
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
I have a thread on it, but it's dec 9th @ 7pm, Tancredo and Huckabee are not scheduled to attend, everyone else will be
the debate is in spanish

me3
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Someone should add it to the forum calendar if they have not done so already/

RPFTW!
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I'd prefer he didn't do this debate.

daikonv
12-02-2007, 06:40 PM
why? with tancredo and huckabee out, there will definitely be more time for RP to talk. Talking to the hispanic republicans on their channel can bring a lot of voters over to Dr. Paul's side.

cmc
12-02-2007, 06:40 PM
I'd prefer he didn't do this debate.
Why not?

RPFTW!
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Cause I imagine 99% of the people watching will be unassimilated blood sucking illegal immigrants

daikonv
12-02-2007, 06:46 PM
That's kind of presumptuous. Might as well say he should never talk because an illegal immigrant might hear his message. Bottom line is, there is a large hispanic republican community which are legal citizens, many of whom feel that giving illegal immigrants amnesty is unfair for the people who actually went through the legal process. If we can get this large pool of people to support Dr. Paul, then think of how the grassroots will continue to grow. Every new person joining this cause will be able to convince new people to support RP, making it easier and easier to to get him into office.

Matt Collins
12-02-2007, 06:51 PM
I dont know about the west coast of the US, but most Univision viewers in Florida are Puerto Ricans (they are Americans) and legal Cuban immigrants/exiles.

Although it is interesting to do a debate in Spanish because if you are voting then you are a citizen. If you are a citizen then you know how to read/write English.

RPFTW!
12-02-2007, 06:56 PM
That's kind of presumptuous. Might as well say he should never talk because an illegal immigrant might hear his message. Bottom line is, there is a large hispanic republican community which are legal citizens, many of whom feel that giving illegal immigrants amnesty is unfair for the people who actually went through the legal process. If we can get this large pool of people to support Dr. Paul, then think of how the grassroots will continue to grow. Every new person joining this cause will be able to convince new people to support RP, making it easier and easier to to get him into office.

If they are truly American than there would be no need to give them there own Spanish TV station, they would watch in English like everyone else imo.

daikonv
12-02-2007, 07:04 PM
that would be like telling people that come to america, forget your parent's culture, the language of your parents, history, etc. Think of an Italian dinner where no one could speak Italian. Some people are proud of their heritage. It doesn't mean they aren't American. It just means, they want to maintain the link to their family's heritage and history.

FireofLiberty
12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
I take it there won't be an English/non-translated version of the debate?

daikonv
12-02-2007, 07:11 PM
if its live i doubt it will be dubbed. There will most likely be an interpreter, hopefully.

chon
12-02-2007, 07:17 PM
Cause I imagine 99% of the people watching will be unassimilated blood sucking illegal immigrants

this kind of stuff ticks me off, the majority of illegals are honest hard working people who are trying help their family,not feed off the system. so for those of you who think like this jerk,gfy

0zzy
12-02-2007, 07:17 PM
If they are truly American than there would be no need to give them there own Spanish TV station, they would watch in English like everyone else imo.

They do speak English, but it's hard for them to understand politicians, hell I can hardly understand politicians! Why can't they have a channel with their native tung?

chon
12-02-2007, 07:28 PM
good job ozzy, being from south tx we know how it is

Matt Collins
12-02-2007, 07:31 PM
the debate is in spanish

So there will be no audio in English?!!? :confused:

chrismatthews
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
So there will be no audio in English?!!? :confused:

There should be an SAP version for english(GAP- gringo audio programming :) )
but i'm not certain of it.

AlexMerced
12-02-2007, 08:13 PM
why? with tancredo and huckabee out, there will definitely be more time for RP to talk. Talking to the hispanic republicans on their channel can bring a lot of voters over to Dr. Paul's side.

More hispnics vote republican that most people think cause of Catholicism, and getting the hispanic vote will put us over in early states like Florida and nevada, and it also helps in states like New York, texas, california

This debate can really turn the elections upside down, there are a lot latino republican voters

saahmed
12-02-2007, 09:17 PM

I have never understood this logic. Why should people throw away their culture to be American? What is American culture?

Matt Collins
12-06-2007, 09:21 PM
"SAP" version lol