PDA

View Full Version : Where to draw the line?

Anti Federalist
09-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Where to draw the line?

http://sipseystreetirregulars.blogspot.com/2014/09/where-to-draw-line.html?m=1

By our words, our preparations, our training and our actions we, the armed citizenry of the Republic of the United States of America, still have the opportunity to convince them of our unyielding determination to remain free. It may be our last best hope to preserve uninterrupted both our God-given liberties and the domestic peace we have come to love too much. While it is better to be "awkward" than to be dead, it is better still to die fighting than to be enslaved without a fight.

Just ask the Germans of the Weimar Republic.

So THINK and ACT before you FEEL. The Founders did.

Anti Federalist
09-19-2014, 04:48 PM
At What Point Revolution?

Becky Akers

http://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog/at-what-point-revolution/

If you wonder about this question as much as I do, you’ll love this column. The author cites two historical examples as a guide to determining when the time “to throw off such government” has arrived. He surveys the early German resistance to the Nazis, which failed because while it waited for one big assault on liberty, Hitler instead increased the government’s power incrementally. (Hmmm. Where else do we see that in play?) The delay also allowed the Nazis to attack dissidents individually, arresting and imprisoning them. “Because their would-be tyrants represented ‘the government’ and cloaked their wolfish actions in ‘legal’ sheepskin, because their own ‘leaders’ could not or would not give the order [to revolt], they all ended up in a concentration camp — leaders and followers — without ever having struck a blow.”

The writer contrasts the German experience with that of the Founding Fathers, who rebelled despite living in some of the freest — if not the freest — conditions in history. Eighteenth-century Americans understood the seeds of tyranny the British Empire was sowing in its colonies and did not wait for the crop to germinate, sprout and flower into full-blown slavery.

Thanks to Bill Martin for calling my attention to this powerful comparison and lesson.

DaninPA
09-19-2014, 07:21 PM
Bump and rep to AF.

mad cow
09-19-2014, 07:39 PM
I would imagine that every individual will draw his own line somewhere,I know I have.

It is not America,circa September,2014 in my case.

limequat
09-19-2014, 08:06 PM
I don't know of many surviving jews that stayed stayed to fight. Most of those that lived to pass on their genes got out while the getting was good (or shortly thereafter).
I suspect the same will be true for us.

Anti Federalist
09-19-2014, 09:36 PM
I don't know of many surviving jews that stayed stayed to fight. Most of those that lived to pass on their genes got out while the getting was good (or shortly thereafter).

This much is true.

I'm fairly convinced there will be no widespread rebellion at all.

We are so far removed from the men who formed up at Concord and Lexington as to be a different species.

Anti Federalist
09-19-2014, 09:50 PM

This much is true.

We are so far removed from the men who formed up at Concord and Lexington as to be a different species.

HVACTech
09-19-2014, 09:52 PM
This much is true.

while I cannot argue your point..

I can state that, there IS a ready rebellion.
around here, there are plenty of guns and what not. they are just not sure.. why.

fr33
09-20-2014, 01:01 AM
There's a guy out in Pennsylvania who drew his line already and he's fucked.

kcchiefs6465
09-20-2014, 01:18 AM
People less grounded than I are going to become increasingly annoyed.

And what have the supposed "tough guys" done? They went and upped the ante. Acting with impunity they murder people, rob daily.. people are waking up. And I advocate nothing but a peaceful change to a voluntary and free market exchange of services and goods but the last thing they want is even a million people saying enough is enough. And what would happen if 10,000,000... just a few percent of the population... consciously said, no more?

The police and various counterproductive ticks need to find real jobs and repent for their previous sins. Not even to God if they aren't that particular type of person but at the very least to the people whose lives they've ruined.

They blew up a baby's face. Murdered grandmothers, mauled grandfathers, shot at kids, pull guns on innocent motorists. You don't think they understand the basic fundamentals of firearm handling? Why the pointing of MP-15s, even M-16s, at motorists? They're clearly capable and ready to destroy a human being at the slightest provocation. The police shot a man what, eighty times? Fist bumps around. I don't think many comprehend what that would do to a body. Where's the pictures of limbs ripped off, the head exploded? Lord knows what would happen if people understood the crimes these people are committing.

Of course I'll be monitored for even calling them what they are. Speech is stifled. Suspicious of neighbors.

I'll say this though, they are fucking tapeworms on the colon on America's collectivist asshole.

Not a single one condemned the baby being disfigured. Not one. I remember the case of the cop speeding lights off, rear ending a vehicle and killing the grandmother leaving the granddaughter who was being cared for by her truly orphaned. And the judge joked, and the police laughed, and they cheered and clapped, when he was acquitted in a semi-secret court proceeding.

phill4paul
09-20-2014, 02:54 PM
My line has been drawn, on a personal level, long ago. As far a societal, that remains to be determined based on the actions of others. That is to say that I will not submit. Personally. I will not be cuffed nor will I be imprisoned. I will kill and, ultimately, be killed in any attempt to facilitate the aforementioned. For others? I dunno. It depends on the situation. If you are on the bottom of a pig scrum for no other reason than "contempt of cop" I'm gonna draw and do my best to help out. As far as the big picture...I haven't really been looking ahead beyond friends, family, community.

Pericles
09-20-2014, 08:17 PM
Perhaps it is instructive to look at Chris Dorner and Bundy Ranch and why both incidents set the authorities on their ear, but had different outcomes. An individual being screwed over is less likely to get a sympathetic response as long as the incident is about the individual. Success seems to be predicated on surviving the initial incident and being able to turn the conflict into a matter of principle that transcends the self interest of the individual.
Packs need to work out their deployment and engagement criteria (different lines in the sand) that will provoke response without an order being given. This was the failure of the Reichsbanner.

pcosmar
09-20-2014, 08:34 PM
There's a guy out in Pennsylvania who drew his line already and he's fucked.

It does little good one at a time without a plan.

And they have pretty well insured that there will be no organization.

HVACTech
09-20-2014, 08:56 PM
My line has been drawn, on a personal level, long ago. As far a societal, that remains to be determined based on the actions of others. That is to say that I will not submit. Personally. I will not be cuffed nor will I be imprisoned. I will kill and, ultimately, be killed in any attempt to facilitate the aforementioned. For others? I dunno. It depends on the situation. If you are on the bottom of a pig scrum for no other reason than "contempt of cop" I'm gonna draw and do my best to help out. As far as the big picture...I haven't really been looking ahead beyond friends, family, community.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=E-62QgzmcDQ

Anti Federalist
09-20-2014, 09:00 PM
Not a single one condemned the baby being disfigured. Not one. I remember the case of the cop speeding lights off, rear ending a vehicle and killing the grandmother leaving the granddaughter who was being cared for by her truly orphaned. And the judge joked, and the police laughed, and they cheered and clapped, when he was acquitted in a semi-secret court proceeding.

Not a one.

I saw not a single letter of disapproval from an active duty cop or police "official".

Anti Federalist
09-20-2014, 09:03 PM

Not a one.

I saw not a single letter of disapproval from an active duty cop or police "official".

fisharmor
09-20-2014, 09:03 PM
No Germans participated in the first crusade.
Their whole attitude was "Why will I march thousands of miles when Christ's killers are among us?" So they started offing all of the local Jews.

Today's German crusaders will do likewise. When you attack an officer of the state, you attack the state. They have said this outright in official statements. Once they get a whiff of any kind of organization state-side, the whole war on terror will basically end.
It will of course continue in name, but it will consist strictly of sniffing out meetings to discuss the sorts of things you gentlemen have discussed here.

Why would they waste their time in 130 degree heat on the other side of the globe, at that point?

kcchiefs6465
09-20-2014, 09:34 PM
Not a one.

There are many of them here, too.

One just got sentenced too, I think. (or is sentencing the 24th?) I'll have to make a thread in remembrance of his punk ass whining about a year and lack of a prospect for a career.

Anyways though, of those here who are police officers, not a one decried that incident. Paycheck more important than a conscious I suppose.

fr33
09-21-2014, 12:57 AM
It does little good one at a time without a plan.

And they have pretty well insured that there will be no organization.

I posted that he was fucked yesterday when the headlines were that police had him cornered and exchanging fire. 24 hours later the headlines say they are now back to searching for him. I'm glad to see him able to outwit them for the time being. It seems obvious that he has some training.

limequat
09-21-2014, 09:26 AM
No Germans participated in the first crusade.
Their whole attitude was "Why will I march thousands of miles when Christ's killers are among us?" So they started offing all of the local Jews.

Today's German crusaders will do likewise. When you attack an officer of the state, you attack the state. They have said this outright in official statements. Once they get a whiff of any kind of organization state-side, the whole war on terror will basically end.
It will of course continue in name, but it will consist strictly of sniffing out meetings to discuss the sorts of things you gentlemen have discussed here.

Why would they waste their time in 130 degree heat on the other side of the globe, at that point?

It is in the state's best interest to maintain endless war. It doesn't care about the comfort of its soldiers.
The state is aware that the parasite cannot live without the host. Will it provoke the liberty lovers in attempt to excise the cancer? Or will it hold back for fear of killing the host?
The state has no qualms about destroying guys like Frien, Dorner, even Koresh and his followers. Apparently the Bundy Ranch was a bridge too far.

limequat
09-21-2014, 09:27 AM
I posted that he was fucked yesterday when the headlines were that police had him cornered and exchanging fire. 24 hours later the headlines say they are now back to searching for him. I'm glad to see him able to outwit them for the time being. It seems obvious that he has some training.

Link to the Exchanging Fire article?

acptulsa
09-21-2014, 09:39 AM
while I cannot argue your point..

I can state that, there IS a ready rebellion.
around here, there are plenty of guns and what not. they are just not sure.. why.

+rep

As far as I'm concerned, you've put your finger on our biggest problem.

"There is one thing in common with all revolutions (in fact, they are pretty much like wars in that respect), nobody ever knows what they are fighting about."--Will Rogers

Well, if we do a good enough job of selling Rand Paul, and do a good enough job of documenting the voter fraud that denies him the White House (which is vitally important), we'll have our motivation to fight. One more 'third time's the charm' attempt to use the Constitution to institute a bloodless revolution, then it's time to reinstitute Constitutional law and Constitutional order...

Anti Federalist
09-21-2014, 01:31 PM
+rep

As far as I'm concerned, you've put your finger on our biggest problem.

Well, if we do a good enough job of selling Rand Paul, and do a good enough job of documenting the voter fraud that denies him the White House (which is vitally important), we'll have our motivation to fight. One more 'third time's the charm' attempt to use the Constitution to institute a bloodless revolution, then it's time to reinstitute Constitutional law and Constitutional order...

Regulation without Representation.

Anti Federalist
09-21-2014, 01:33 PM

Hundred bucks says it was idiot cops shooting at each other.

fr33
09-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Link to the Exchanging Fire article?

Here's one example: http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/26581972/shots-fired-police-surround-man-wanted-for-pa-ambush-shooting

BLOOMING GROVE, PA (RNN) – The man accused of ambushing and shooting two Pennsylvania State Police officers has been cornered and believed to have exchanged fire with law enforcement on Friday.

Local officials in Monroe County, PA have confirmed that they've exchanged gun fire at 6:40 p.m. ET with a person they believe is Eric Frein. Authorities reportedly have cornered him at a home where he's been hiding, according to CNN, and there's a heavy police presence in the area.

CNN reporter Jason Carroll reported that Frein broke into the home where he's currently surrounded. The home is nearly 40 miles from where Frein shot the two troopers.

Officials believe they followed the suspect into the dense forests of northeastern Pennsylvania, not far from his family's home in the Pocono Mountain area in Canadensis, PA. It's the same area law enforcement began searching on Thursday after receiving a tip that Frein was spotted in the woods.

Frein, 31, has been described as an anti-government, self-trained “survivalist” and Cold War re-enactor who shot two officers on Sept. 12, killing Cpl. Bryon Dickson and wounding Trooper Alex Douglass. Law enforcement describe Frein's attack from behind a police barrier as a planned ambush of officers.

Residents of the surrounding areas have been placed on high alert, and asked to stay from windows and doors.

I had read a CNN article but 24 hours later they had changed the title and edited the entire post. I guess it was more of a live update thing.

limequat
09-22-2014, 05:57 AM
Cool, thanks.

tod evans
09-22-2014, 06:02 AM
Where to draw the line?

HVACTech
09-22-2014, 06:26 AM
it seems the whole global warming fiasco is falling apart. maybe mother nature is on our side?
record sea ice is being ignored in favor of bashing calm winds.. they are calling it "stilling"
it looks to me like a record cold winter is on it's way.
the TPTB will have a real problem on their hands if it is.

TheCount
09-22-2014, 06:57 AM
I think we should draw the line at years and years of posting on the internet that we've drawn the line and/or are over the line.

limequat
09-22-2014, 07:39 AM
The reality is that most of us live comfortable lives, have kids, hobbies, etc.
When those things start disappearing is when you'll see blood in the street. Until then, we work the system.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-29-2014, 01:33 PM
I think we should draw the line at years and years of posting on the internet that we've drawn the line and/or are over the line.

I don't really know what this means because the grammar is so poor. It does however, seem to be in line with your other posts, none of which have anything to do with liberty. You have over 500 posts and I've yet to see one pro liberty post from you. There is another RPF poster whose stated purpose is belittling RPF members. Is that your purpose too? Are you also that user with two accounts?

Pray tell, "Count," what is your reason for being on this forum?

09-29-2014, 03:29 PM
The reality is that most of us live comfortable lives, have kids, hobbies, etc.
When those things start disappearing is when you'll see blood in the street. Until then, we work the system.

Pretty much yeah.