PDA

View Full Version : Blimp for profit? Great! How much?

theantirobot
12-02-2007, 06:20 PM
I am really excited about this blimp thing. It's amazing how it's coming together. I have pledged $25, but I'm not paying yet. If the blimp company wants my money, they must have more transparency! How many salaries am I paying? How much are they?

I think it's great the people will be profiting from this. I would love to contribute to the well being of another Ron Paul supporter. How much? How well are we going to treat those on the front lines of our revolution? How much is it worth to us to promote this idea?

Weather or not the blimp happens depends on a consensus between we the people donating, and those who are running the blimp company. We must decide how much of a tax we will pay to the blimp company. If they tax us too much, they won't exist, and neither will our blimp. This project is huge. It is paving the way for a new mode of government/society.

James R
12-02-2007, 07:32 PM
Up to 42% because originally it was supposed to cost 350k per month. Now it is 500k per month.

Primbs
12-02-2007, 07:37 PM
The blimp is such a large project, it would wise to have paid professionals coordinating it. We can't just rely on volunteers who maybe here one day and gone the next.

There are rides to coordinate, press to manage, locations to secure for landing. It doesn't just happen by itself.

Someone has to be in charge of this full time project.

Every day the blimp has to pick up and drop off people. Budgets have to be managed etc.

leipo
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM
$150.000 a month.

rory096
12-02-2007, 07:45 PM
$150.000 a month.
This is an absurd claim and you know it. Stop trolling.

leipo
12-02-2007, 07:47 PM
This is an absurd claim and you know it. Stop trolling.

We'll see soon enough.

Doriath
12-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Up to 42% because originally it was supposed to cost 350k per month. Now it is 500k per month.

The just adjusted their rates tonight. $500k now gets 5 weeks.

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 07:55 PM
The just adjusted their rates tonight. $500k now gets 5 weeks.

Thats interesting, because they just added another staff person, so I assume its volunteer or pretty low pay.

xflashjr
12-02-2007, 08:11 PM
I thought we only needed 350k? why is it now 500,000? I am letting you know the blimp will never get off the ground. This is sad because of the grassroots nature that it started out to be.

The blimp is just like how large govt becomes a reality lol

We started with a great idea and before this idea even took off (pun intended :) it has developed into some large extravaganza! Seriously the blimp will not win an election. It will add to the spirit of the campaign and will generate alot of free press. One month to see if this plan even becomes real and if the sucess is there then add to it, if not it completed the original intent!

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 08:15 PM
I thought we only needed 350k? why is it now 500,000?

Its 400k. 500k for 5 weeks is 100k a week or 400k a month. So thats a 50k increase for overhead beyond what the blimp company was charging itself. That seems reasonable to me. Anyone else?

alexpasch
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php

xflashjr
12-02-2007, 08:43 PM
intially on the website it said they needed $350,000. I know I am not making this up!

steph3n
12-02-2007, 08:45 PM
intially on the website it said they needed $350,000. I know I am not making this up!

That is only for the blimp rental.

noumenon
12-02-2007, 09:05 PM
I agree that it's important to have a professional staff running things. I want this to all run smoothly, I don't want it to be a media nightmare. That's the last thing we need.
I'm sure we can make this happen, but let's not wait until it's too late!

Mental Dribble
12-02-2007, 09:10 PM
Thats another good point we need to make sure the people working this do it in a professional manner and can interact wit hthe press. They love trevor already. I posted this on the other threads, but i'll repost it here as well.

I jsut looked at it monthly.

With all of their salaries at a total of $28,000 for a month I guess thats not too bad. If they can bring in enough support to blow dec 16th out of the water it could be amazing. $378,000.00 isn't really that much more then the orginial amount asked.

It does cost money to make these things run. Being Disconnected from the hands on side of this makes it hard to get a grib on , but I am behind it!

I donated. I think its the right choice.

(P.S maybe they could cut their salaries just a little as a sign they are listening to our opinions and trying hard to make this work)

InRonWeTrust
12-02-2007, 09:14 PM
No one should be getting a "salary" for the Ron Paul blimp. This type of profiterring is going to cause problems. Up until now no one has tried to profit off of any of these major grass-roots moves, but this will cause friction and raise a lot of questions.

Get a fucking job if you need money. Don't try to make it off Ron's back.

rory096
12-02-2007, 09:15 PM
No one should be getting a "salary" for the Ron Paul blimp. This type of profiterring is going to cause problems. Up until now no one has tried to profit off of any of these major grass-roots moves, but this will cause friction and raise a lot of questions.

Get a fucking job if you need money. Don't try to make it off Ron's back.
They're quitting their jobs to run this project and make sure it's as effective as possible. I agree that $1000 a week is a bit too much because of the volunteer nature of this campaign, though, so I hope that they'll agree to take a slight pay cut.

InRonWeTrust
12-02-2007, 09:19 PM
They should raise the money for their "salaries" seperate from the blimp.