PDA

View Full Version : Suggested alternative to sending tea packages through the mail

RonPaulVolunteer
12-02-2007, 06:01 PM
Again, my suggested alternative...

Here' my suggestion to make your point and NOT freak the nation out and ruin Paul's Presidency.

Start a chipin and start raising money. Buy the biggest amount of the cheapest tea you possibly can, and as a team, carry the stuff in massive sand bags marked "TEA" and dump it on the park opposite the White House on Dec 16th. Tell the FBI what you are doing and ask for their assistance in this peaceful protest, to give them the opportunity to watch over the operation. Not only would this buy you FAR more tea, you can have a press conference onsite and guarantee yourselves POSITIVE press coverage.

20 tonnes of tea (or bags stuffed with anything really) in public view with a band, hundreds/thousands of participants, press conference, invited media.

Perhaps we could have slimjims made with an explanation of what we're doing and have a tea bag stapled to it and hand them out around the city.

Why don't people develop this sort of idea?

forsmant
12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
stuff it full of poorly written newspapers.

RonPaulVolunteer
12-02-2007, 06:08 PM
stuff it full of poorly written newspapers.

Maybe some of the bags should be marked MSM instead of TEA. :D

RonPaulVolunteer
12-02-2007, 06:31 PM
bump

forsmant
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
You could fill it with pictures of your tea bags, wait that might be illegal or at the least inappropriate.:confused:

Mark Rushmore
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Maybe some of the bags should be marked MSM instead of TEA. :D

I don't think it'll come together in time and the Boston Rally / D.C. event would compete with many folks living in between... but if it did everyone could bring a bag marked with whatever issue brought them into to the campaign. It would be more poignant that way I think.

jake
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
not a bad idea, but the tea mailing already seems to be in full swing

RonPaulVolunteer
12-02-2007, 06:38 PM
not a bad idea, but the tea mailing already seems to be in full swing

Thanks Jake, but there's appears to be even support and total anger over the idea. Full swing is not a term I would use to describe it. Aborted perhaps.