PDA

View Full Version : It can't happen to me? Authoritarian school becoming more prevalent?

Intoxiklown
09-16-2014, 02:37 PM
My niece was suspended today......for passing notes.

I know very little at this point, but apparently, my 11 year old niece passed a note saying she would like to cuss the teacher out. They consider this a threat, and suspended her. My mother (her legal guardian since my sister's death), is to call the principal tomorrow morning, and apparently set up a hearing.

Heads up, I am in Dothan, Alabama. So, if you hear about some redneck throwing a shit fit and getting in trouble for it.....at least you'll all know who it is.

DamianTV
09-16-2014, 03:02 PM
Redneck Town or not, the level of Authoritarian Education will be in EVERY Public School in this country, and many private ones as well.

This, unforunately is EXACTLY what is taught in Schools. They dont teach Math, Reading, Science, or Arts. They teach Emotional Dependancy on Authority in ALL of its forms. Math and Science have become Topics of Discusson while teaching the Lesson of Authority.

Seven Lessons of a School Teacher
http://www.newciv.org/whole/schoolteacher.txt

The guys name is John Taylor Gatto. I've seen a couple videos he has made on youtube, and they are ALL worth watching.

There may be a solution for you. Some of us here call it 'Unschooling', or some other form of that. Basically, we know we have to undo the tremendous damage that is being done to our children by the Public Indoctrination System while at the same time, truly Teaching our young citizens of tomorrow.

Never let Education stand in the way of Learning.

Yet, that is exactly what has happened. Education has become an obstacle to learning. Its like teaching someone how to do a job wrong, on purpose, then holding them accountable when they screw up, and doing it all as a big fat joke. We have the most expensive educational system in the world, yet we are DEAD LAST in the quality of that education. There is only one possible conclusion that should be arrived at. That conclusion must be that Education and Learning are NOT synonymous. Education has devolved into a form of Indoctrination, and the terms are practically interchangable. Learning is True Wisdom and every effort to prevent True Learning from happening will be made. Homeschoolers are demonized to an extreme degree. Sending children to these Indoctrination Centres is all but required by law under penalty of death. Educational Awards like Certificates and Diplomas are as worthless as the paper they are printed on. They do not reflect that a person has skills. They reflect that a person put up with a lot of bullshit and spent a lot of money on a really expensive piece of paper that does not reflect any form of True Wisdom enabled by Learning.

There is plenty of material in the Education Freedom (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?43-Education-Freedom) forum.

How Higher Education in the US Was Destroyed in 5 Basic Steps
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?459262-How-Higher-Education-in-the-US-Was-Destroyed-in-5-Basic-Steps

Just one example. And most of it will back up exactly what youre dealing with. Just be glad that your neice was not murdered by cops for her "behavior".

helmuth_hubener
09-16-2014, 03:15 PM
My sympathies, Intoxiklown. It's enough to make you want to hoist the black flag.

presence
09-16-2014, 03:27 PM
Math and Science have become Topics of Discusson while teaching the Lesson of Authority.

so true

Lucille
09-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Look on the bright side. Your niece gets a few days release from state custody, and it gives you an opportunity to pitch homeschooling or online ed to the both of them.

Lindsey
09-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Look on the bright side. Your niece gets a few days release from state custody, and it gives you an opportunity to pitch homeschooling or online ed to the both of them.

This. If at all possible, save your niece - get her out of school.

Anti Federalist
09-16-2014, 03:47 PM
Government schools are child abuse.

aGameOfThrones
09-16-2014, 03:49 PM
inmate 54321 got a write-up for not following rules and threatening a CO.

phill4paul
09-16-2014, 05:21 PM
Government schools are child abuse.

Indeed. Just creating more automatons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njG7p6CSbCU

As soon as your born they make you feel small
by giving you no time instead of it all
Till the pain is so big you feel nothing at all
Working Class Hero is something to be

They hurt you at home and they hit you at school
They hate you if you're clever and despise a fool
Till you're so fucking crazy you can't follow their rules

When they've tortured and scared you for 20 odd years
then they expect you to pick a career
When you can't really function you're so full of fear

Keep you doped with religion, sex and T.V.
and you think you're so clever and classless and free
but you're still fucking peasants as far as I can see

There's room at the top I'm telling you still
but first you must learn how to smile as you kill
if you want to be like the folks on the hill

Yes , A Working Class Hero is something to be
If you want to be a hero well just follow me
If you want to be a hero well just follow me

Lucille