PDA

View Full Version : Line for phone calling?

ross11988
12-02-2007, 05:47 PM
Hello everyone. I got a list of republicans, libertarians, non partisans in my county with their phone numbers. Now I am looking for a line when they pick up the phone. So far I got:

“Hi, my name is ________. I am calling my neighbors here in the Poconos today on behalf of Ron Paul, a Republican candidate for President, and I’m discovering that many people share a lot of the same concerns for our country. Would you mind if I asked you what you think is the biggest issue facing our country today?”

disciple
12-02-2007, 06:01 PM
That 's a great line.

Edward
12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
Are you really calling on Paul's behalf?

ross11988
12-02-2007, 06:04 PM
Are you really calling on Paul's behalf?

Best that I could think off. You got something better?

jcims
12-02-2007, 06:08 PM
Best that I could think off. You got something better?

just cruising by, lol... maybe 'in support of'? another option might be to keep his name out until you get some interaction (e.g. if they tell you to bugger off, they might not have a positive lasting impression)

on the road again...

greves
12-02-2007, 06:09 PM
“Hi, my name is ________. I am taking a day off work to call my neighbors here in the Poconos today unpaid, out of support for Ron Paul, a Republican candidate for President. I’m finding that many people share a lot of the same concerns for our country. Would you mind if I asked you what you think is the biggest issue facing our country today?”

Feel free to remove the "day off work" bit if it sounds too... hokey. :-D

McDermit
12-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Might throw in that you're a volunteer. Otherwise, I think it's a great opener.

Or you could go "I am calling my neighbors here in the Poconos today to see how you feel about Ron Paul, a Republican candidate for President, and I’m discovering that many people share a lot of the same concerns for our country. Would you mind if I asked you what you think is the biggest issue facing our country today?”

or replace how you feel about with what you think about (could vary depending on whether a man or woman is answering)

McDermit
12-02-2007, 06:12 PM
“Hi, my name is ________. I am taking a day off work to call my neighbors here in the Poconos today unpaid, out of support for Ron Paul, a Republican candidate for President. I’m finding that many people share a lot of the same concerns for our country. Would you mind if I asked you what you think is the biggest issue facing our country today?”

Feel free to remove the "day off work" bit if it sounds too... hokey. :-D

I kinda like that. A bit hokey, sure... but this is Northeast PA! lol.

ross11988
12-02-2007, 06:16 PM

Yes that is a major factor that we have to keep in mind ;)

davidhperry
12-02-2007, 06:20 PM
Tell them up-front how long the call will be - people don't want to be on an open-ended call. Tell them it will only take 2-3 minutes of their time and you're not looking for any kind of donation. You'll get a lot more people to hang with you that way.

ross11988
12-02-2007, 06:33 PM
Tell them up-front how long the call will be - people don't want to be on an open-ended call. Tell them it will only take 2-3 minutes of their time and you're not looking for any kind of donation. You'll get a lot more people to hang with you that way.

Hmm good point.

jcims
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
What about something along these lines?

"Hi, my name is ________, and right now i'm sitting here, pen in hand, willing to write down anything you would like to say to Republican Presidential candidate Ron Paul. I live in the area and am doing this on my own time...i'm just a concerned citizen trying to others in the area to get a feel for what is important to them..."

Edit: Needs some work, but you get the idea.

Edward
12-02-2007, 06:37 PM
Tell them up-front how long the call will be - people don't want to be on an open-ended call. Tell them it will only take 2-3 minutes of their time and you're not looking for any kind of donation. You'll get a lot more people to hang with you that way.Yep, yep. And do NOT ask, "How are you?"

newmedia4ron
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Pitching Ron Paul (http://bhday.wordpress.com/2007/10/29/pitching-ron-paul/)

ross11988
12-02-2007, 06:43 PM
How about this:

“Hi, my name is ________. I am calling my neighbors here in the Poconos today in support of Ron Paul, a Republican candidate for President, and I’m discovering that many people share a lot of the same concerns for our country. Would you mind if I took 5 minutes of your time and asked you what you think is the biggest issue facing our country today?”

ross11988
12-02-2007, 07:10 PM
Would it may be a good idea if we left Ron Pauls name out?

freedominnumbers
12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
Might throw in that you're a volunteer. Otherwise, I think it's a great opener.

Or you could go "I am calling my neighbors here in the Poconos today to see how you feel about Ron Paul, a Republican candidate for President, and I’m discovering that many people share a lot of the same concerns for our country. Would you mind if I asked you what you think is the biggest issue facing our country today?”

or replace how you feel about with what you think about (could vary depending on whether a man or woman is answering)

Because everyone knows men think and women feel. :p

Highstreet
12-02-2007, 07:23 PM

Why the different website
"ronpaulsteaparty.com"

vs

"teaparty07.com"

I understand for a backup site, but why are the number of pledges different?

McDermit
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Why the different website
"ronpaulsteaparty.com"

vs

"teaparty07.com"

I understand for a backup site, but why are the number of pledges different?
I don't care to be associated with any project spearheaded by Trevor, so I'm sticking with Rob's backup site. *shrug*

The second site (created by TechnoRob) includes the pledges from both sites. The teaparty07.com site counts only their own pledges.

McDermit
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Because everyone knows men think and women feel. :p

marketing 101 at it's finest :p

McDermit
12-02-2007, 07:42 PM
Would it may be a good idea if we left Ron Pauls name out?

Nah, unless you're just doing a survey.

The point is to get name recognition, and get people to learn about and ultimately vote for RP. His name is a pretty important part of that. If you play it like you're not doing this to help a particular candidate, and someone has a 3 min convo with you, only to THEN find out that you're just another guy pushing a candidate, they may not be left with the best feeling.

McDermit
12-02-2007, 07:53 PM
How about this:

“Hi, my name is ________. I am calling my neighbors here in the Poconos today in support of Ron Paul, a Republican candidate for President, and I’m discovering that many people share a lot of the same concerns for our country. Would you mind if I took 5 minutes of your time and asked you what you think is the biggest issue facing our country today?”

Personally, I like the shorter version.

If you want to play by the rules of telemarketing and market research 101... By asking whether they mind, you're giving them an out - a place where they can simply respond yes or no and hang up. Ideally, you want to be polite, but frame your questions without giving them an easy out.

“Hi, my name is ________. I am calling my neighbors here in the Poconos today in support of Ron Paul, a Republican candidate for President, and I’m discovering that many people share a lot of the same concerns for our country. *tiny pause* I'd like to know what you think - what is the biggest issue facing our country today?”

McDermit
12-02-2007, 07:57 PM
And if anyone says they aren't interested in talking or that it's a bad time, by all means, ask when would be a better time to call. Make note of it, and be CERTAIN to call then. Even if you can't do it yourself, forward their name/number/preferred time to another member of the group who can do the follow up.

Don't ask "Is there a better time I could call?" You're more likely to get a "no" *click*

Try "When would be a more convenient time for you?" Many who would have simply said no and hung up will instead give you a timeframe if you ask right.

ross11988
12-02-2007, 07:59 PM
And if anyone says they aren't interested in talking or that it's a bad time, by all means, ask when would be a better time to call. Make note of it, and be CERTAIN to call then. Even if you can't do it yourself, forward their name/number/preferred time to another member of the group who can do the follow up.

Don't ask "Is there a better time I could call?" You're more likely to get a "no" *click*

Try "When would be a more convenient time for you?" Many who would have simply said no and hung up will instead give you a timeframe if you ask right.

good idea

ross11988
12-12-2007, 07:59 PM
Yea i need something alot shorter and something thats attention. Tonight didnt go too well

ross11988
12-12-2007, 08:46 PM
bump