PDA

View Full Version : Blimp comments

phoenixrising
12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
OK...I have been waiting & waiting for my membership to be accepted so I could finally post ;) In the interim I read all 23 pages of posts. Ohmygoodness!

It was interesting how easily so much valuable & priceless energy was diverted from "the cause". Amidst all the e/m's going back & forth I am anticipating the same people reading or posting still got time in the last few days to canvas new RP supporters. We can never stop w/this process. ;)

I know we all have freedom of speech ...at this time anyway. Yet, lets do our best to remain respectful of each other.

I was one of those apathic people--until I discovered Ron Paul. I haven't been this excited in YEARS!!! One thing I respected most was he did not stoop to name calling or smears. Why stoop to anyones level that is less than desirable?

Why do it here?

The topic of the newly formed for profit blimp is fine. Yet because it is no longer a volunteer effort--I believe they need to put a forum on their own website now--otherwise people here may get distracted ...or worse yet...not like *some* of the banterng going on. It just doesn't fit in this forum IMHO. It doesn't follow Ron Paul's personna either.

OK...w/that said, when one starts up a company -- you get to play by their rules. If you don't like them...you find another company. It's as simple as that. It's called freedom of *choice*.

I think some of the disagreement started when the Blimp blitz was announced...it was from vol's. Being that we are all vol. here....we felt our input was important.

If it has changed format now -- so be it. Go to their website--talk about it on their forums & decided if you agree w/their legalities. If you want better clarity on salaries--settle it there. If you want clarification of their refund policy--go there.

When it is all ironed out...present a link for us to decide if we are still in on donating our pledges.

Just remember how quickly the pledges for $425K came in--there was excitement for a cause!! A HUGE presence that couln't be ignored by media, press & people!

Let's just get the excitement back. No matter what is on the blimp...Ron Paul will have a BLIMP folks!!! You cannot take time to rehash everything AND get it in the air on time. Just go for it! :)

For whatever it's worth...I signed up to pledge. I haven't been able to monitor this forum for a couple days...so I was out of touch w/where the blimp stood re; paying up. Today I finally discovered what was going on.

I will say w/o a refund policy -- many people will probably donate less. I probably will donate less --only because I can't afford to put extra $$ in -- that Congressman Paul may never benefit from if the blimp doesn't get off the ground. Yet, I also understand how a business needs to be run!

Bottom line is I REALLLLLY want that blimp up & running...all because of RP supporters! History that will be remembered at the very least!!

One last thing...not sure if you all know there is another forum called ronpaulforum.com (w/o the *s*) ...& I have heard nothing about the blimp there.

Another suggestion to trevor & Elijah (sp?) is ...when you get it all together maybe you want to make sure all the meetup groups are aware as well.

Bottom line -- move the topic to the blimp website. Get it off here so we can refocus for NH & Iowa. ;)

....just my 2 cents.

Mesogen
12-02-2007, 05:52 PM
The blimp is probably the stupidest thing I've heard of in this whole campaign.

I guess I'll be banned now.

forsmant
12-02-2007, 05:55 PM
Blimp this!:D

Rhys
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
For real... worry about Ron Paul, not the blimp.

Even if it's the stupidest thing ever done... big deal. Just do something else, and maybe your thing can be the next big stupidest thing ever to get mucho attention.

The blimp isn't the alpha or the omega of Ron Paul. It's just a damned blimp that we have no control over, so move on.