PDA

View Full Version : Man whops kid, become a felon. Cops kill homeless man, get aquitted.

jmdrake
09-14-2014, 01:26 PM
Any questions?

This:

http://ll-media.tmz.com/2014/09/12/0912-adrian-peterson-son-injuries-5.jpg

Versus this:

http://www.freedomsphoenix.com/Uploads/Graphics/338/12/338-1209172032-kelly-thomas.jpg

tod evans
09-14-2014, 01:39 PM
More government will surely fix this...........:rolleyes:

Brian4Liberty
09-14-2014, 01:53 PM
Well, that's not really a good comparison. This woman had a more comparable amount of injuries after the Police whopped her. Just a couple of scrapes and bruises.

TheCount
09-14-2014, 02:06 PM
Any questions?

Yes. Why did you make a new thread about the thing you were already talking about in a different thread?

jmdrake
09-14-2014, 02:22 PM
Yes. Why did you make a new thread about the thing you were already talking about in a different thread?

People make new threads when there is a particular point to be made all the time. There were multiple Mike Brown threads, multiple Ray Rice threads, God knows how many ISIS threads. If you don't like the thread you don't have to read it.

Snew
09-14-2014, 02:27 PM
I seriously doubt any anti-spanker on this board is going to defend the cops. You're preaching to the choir.

Christian Liberty
09-14-2014, 04:35 PM
I seriously doubt any anti-spanker on this board is going to defend the cops. You're preaching to the choir.

I know, but do you recognize that there are orders of magnitude separating the two?

TheCount
09-14-2014, 04:43 PM
I know, but do you recognize that there are orders of magnitude separating the two?

For being so black-and-white on 99% of issues, you sure are acknowledging a lot of grey on this one.

Christian Liberty
09-14-2014, 04:49 PM
For being so black-and-white on 99% of issues, you sure are acknowledging a lot of grey on this one.

I don't think spanking is morally wrong.

TheCount
09-14-2014, 05:24 PM
I don't think spanking is morally wrong.

Well great, because we're not talking about spanking.

Christian Liberty
09-14-2014, 05:27 PM
Well great, because we're not talking about spanking.

It seems fairly certain to me that AP committed child abuse, based on the pictures. I'm not exactly sure what the best way to handle it in the particular case in question is. But what happened was clearly wrong.

JustinTime
09-15-2014, 02:41 PM
Im fine with spanking kids, I give parents a wide leeway when punishing their children because stripping parents of authority is a backdoor to turn over more authority to government.

That said, when you draw blood its time to put the paddle (or switch in this case) down. AP kept hitting the kid, and apparently hit him in the gonads too. Sorry, thats crossed the line IMO.

Of course a lot of people here will twist and wiggle and jump through hoops to justify what he did to keep from admitting the cops were right.

That aside, the OP makes a great point, far too much leeway is given the police when it comes to use of violence, the cops who beat Kelly Thomas to death should be having lots of fun in general population right now.

DaninPA
09-15-2014, 05:00 PM
Im fine with spanking kids, I give parents a wide leeway when punishing their children because stripping parents of authority is a backdoor to turn over more authority to government.

That said, when you draw blood its time to put the paddle (or switch in this case) down.

I'm fine with hitting wives, I give husbands a wide leeway when using violence to keep their wives in line because stripping husbands of authority is a backdoor to turn over more authority to government.

That said, when you draw blood it's time to put the fists down.

If your statement is morally acceptable why isn't mine?

Christian Liberty
09-15-2014, 05:48 PM

That said, when you draw blood its time to put the paddle (or switch in this case) down. AP kept hitting the kid, and apparently hit him in the gonads too. Sorry, thats crossed the line IMO.

Of course a lot of people here will twist and wiggle and jump through hoops to justify what he did to keep from admitting the cops were right.

That aside, the OP makes a great point, far too much leeway is given the police when it comes to use of violence, the cops who beat Kelly Thomas to death should be having lots of fun in general population right now.

No, they should have been executed. Prison is not a moral form of punishment and does not fit the crime.

I'm fine with hitting wives, I give husbands a wide leeway when using violence to keep their wives in line because stripping husbands of authority is a backdoor to turn over more authority to government.

Because the authority a husband has over his wife isn't equivalent to the authority a parent has over their child? Duh?

DaninPA
09-15-2014, 06:14 PM
Because the authority a husband has over his wife isn't equivalent to the authority a parent has over their child? Duh?

So a greater amount of "authority" over someone justifies using violence to force them to obey you? Where is the line between having enough authority and not having enough authority to violently aggress against another person?

otherone
09-15-2014, 07:21 PM

wow. sexist.

The Free Hornet
09-15-2014, 07:37 PM

Seriously, how are you with wives killing husbands and claiming self-defense with little-to-no collaboration? Maybe you have a win-win proposition or more like a lose-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose-lose-BIG-ASS-WIN proposition.

Well, that's not really a good comparison. This woman had a more comparable amount of injuries after the Police whopped her. Just a couple of scrapes and bruises.

Which set of injuries are more comparable to hers? Keep in mind that I don't like how that shoulder wound or the face wounds look. Also, Kelly's disheveled beard and being near death somewhat exacerbate his picture. As I see it, that lady and Kelly were hit with a strata of force not evident in the whooped kid pics.

DaninPA
09-15-2014, 07:45 PM
wow. sexist.

What? Do you understand the point I'm trying to make?

otherone
09-15-2014, 07:51 PM
What? Do you understand the point I'm trying to make?

Of course.
Why do you assume the male is the aggressor in your comparison?

DaninPA
09-15-2014, 07:55 PM
As I see it, that lady and Kelly were hit with a strata of force not evident in the whooped kid pics.

What "strata of force" is acceptable when using violence on anyone, excepting self defense?

JustinTime
09-15-2014, 07:57 PM

Because you said hitting and I said SPANKING. I'm okay with spanking wives.

JustinTime
09-15-2014, 08:02 PM
No, they should have been executed. Prison is not a moral form of punishment and does not fit the crime.

Executions are too much power for governments to have, especially ones as corrupt as ours.

DaninPA
09-15-2014, 08:03 PM
Of course.
Why do you assume the male is the aggressor in your comparison?

I don't. Feel free to substitute husbands for wives and vice versa. I want to know why it's not acceptable to inflict physical violence against an adult in order to force compliance, but it's OK to do it to your child.

DaninPA
09-15-2014, 08:05 PM
Because you said hitting and I said SPANKING. I'm okay with spanking wives.

Spanking isn't hitting? And it's OK unless it draws blood?

JustinTime
09-15-2014, 08:08 PM
I don't. Feel free to substitute husbands for wives and vice versa. I want to know why it's not acceptable to inflict physical violence against an adult in order to force compliance, but it's OK to do it to your child.

Because children's reasonin ability isn't the same as an adults and sometimes they need a spanking.

Who is going to step between parent and child? That's right, government.

If the kid breaks the government's rules what will government do? You guessed it, use far far more violence than mom and dad ever dreamed of.

familydog
09-15-2014, 08:08 PM

I suggest you define the term authority and explain how it relates to a wife differently than a child. Otherwise, it's difficult to understand what you are trying to say.

JustinTime
09-15-2014, 08:18 PM
Spanking isn't hitting? And it's OK unless it draws blood?

Yeah.

DaninPA
09-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Because children's reasonin ability isn't the same as an adults and sometimes they need a spanking.

Right. And women's reasoning ability isn't the same as men's and sometimes they need a slap on the cheek.

Who is going to step between parent and child? That's right, government.

I do not advocate government interference in the family. But I think a parent who assaults their child should be ostracized by his/her community.

If the kid breaks the government's rules what will government do? You guessed it, use far far more violence than mom and dad ever dreamed of.

Irrelevant to our discussion.

The Free Hornet
09-15-2014, 08:32 PM
What "strata of force" is acceptable when using violence on anyone, excepting self defense?

Answering a question with a question? How rude!

I think the motorbike-game case is a self-defense issue. Imagine if it was some random 4 yo pushing YOUR kid off a motorbike onto the hard ground. I won't suggest the same course of action is likely, but that shit can get real (possibly between parents and far more serious injuries).

The beaten lady and the homeless guy are not self-defense cases (AFAIK!!!!!). I believe the kid's case involves a NAP violation by the beaten.

jmdrake
09-16-2014, 03:06 AM

Oh sure. Don't draw blood. But I don't think people realize how much easier it is to draw blood, or at least a whelp, from a flimsy little switch than from a big old leather belt or a big, hard, wooden paddle. And yet I've known a lot of sweet old ladies who were not mean at all who swore by the switch. That said, Peterson clearly went to far by any "standard" I've ever seen. Usually the switching is on the leg. He ended up on the boy's back and I'm not sure how he ended up hitting the scrotum. But my point is the media coverage. Sure, part of it is the fact that he (Peterson) a football player. But still, more people should have known about the Terry Anderson story than do. He should be as famous as Mike Brown or Trayvon Martin or (at this point) Anderson Peterson or Ray Rice. They should have talked about him on all of the talk shows and morning shows and 60 minutes. His face should have been drilled into people's heads so they couldn't forget it. That didn't happen. That's my point. We're being manipulated. Every manipulation ends up with more power in the hands of the state.