PDA

View Full Version : Hollywood Actress Detained and Roughed Up By LAPD After Being "Mistaken" For a Prostitute

SeanTX
09-14-2014, 10:54 AM
Thank God we have these Heroes to keep us all safe from a "prostitute" kissing somebody in public.

Another great example of the "show me some ID!" tactic to escalate things -- when there was no probable cause or RAS to begin with, they had no reason to demand it and she had every right to refuse to show ID.

A lot of people would see this as "no big deal" -- "so what, she got stopped, then they let her go, and now she's whining -- she should just be happy they didn't take her to jail!"

However, I think it is a big deal, because ANY unnecessary interaction with a cop carries with it the possibility of a kidnapping, beating, or a street execution. The on-the-spot death sentence may be a very remote possibility, but it's still there -- it all depends on what the officer's mood is that day and how the interaction goes (you better not go off script).

Although being kidnapped, caged, and roughed up is quite likely (even though you've done nothing wrong). And this happens THOUSANDS of times each and every day.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/people/daniele-watts-arrested-django-unchained-actress-detained-in-los-angeles-after-being-mistaken-for-a-prostitute-9731871.html?dkdk

Hollywood actress was mistaken for a prostitute by the LAPD after she was seen kissing her husband in the street

Sunday 14 September 2014

Daniele Watts, an African-American actress who has starred in Hollywood films such as Django Unchained, has claimed she was "handcuffed and detained" by Los Angeles police officers after being mistaken for a prostitute.

Two police officers approached Watts and her white husband Brian James Lucas when they were seen showing affection in public, the actress said in a Facebook post.

She claims she refused to produce her photo ID when asked by police, and was then handcuffed and held in a police car as the officers tried to figure out who she was. She reportedly cut her wrist as she was handled roughly by the LAPD officers.

Watts also posted pictures to Facebook, in which she is handcuffed and crying. She was released shortly afterwards.

"As I was sitting in the back of the police car, I remembered the countless times my father came home frustrated or humiliated by the cops when he had done nothing wrong, " she wrote in the post.

"I felt his shame, his anger, and my own feelings of frustration for existing in a world where I have allowed myself to believe that “authority figures” could control my BEING… my ability to BE!!!!!!!

She continued: "Those cops could not stop me from expressing myself. They could not stop the cathartic tears and rage from flowing out of me. They could not force me to feel bad about myself. Yes, they had control over my physical body, but not my emotions.

snip

The incident comes weeks after California police officers detained an African American television producer who was traveling to a pre-Emmy Awards party. Charles Belk said he was unfairly treated because he "fitted a description".

An LAPD public information officer said there was no record of the incident as Watts wasn’t arrested or brought into the station for questioning, according to Variety.

acptulsa
09-14-2014, 10:56 AM
Prostitutes kiss people?

There goes another myth...

SeanTX
09-14-2014, 11:03 AM
First it was "driving while black" that would get you stopped and detained by the police, now it's kissing while black ...

aGameOfThrones
09-14-2014, 04:01 PM
contempt of cop. show ID or you're a prostitute. also, it doesn't help that you're black kissing a white man.

thoughtomator
09-14-2014, 04:03 PM
busted on a charge of EWNC - existing while not a cop

jkr
09-14-2014, 04:16 PM
WALKING
WHILE
BLACK

PaulConventionWV
09-14-2014, 05:29 PM
I literally just had one of my "friends" post this comment on Fedbook about that:

Look if you're going to be completely stupid and not provide an ID for no reason. Then you deserve everything that's gonna come to you for being such a DICK for no reason..Male or Female, Black or White...Just stop being annoying dicks to police and maybe in some cases such as this one...THERE WOULDN'T BE A SITUATION!!!

Needless to say, they're not my friend anymore. I literally almost lost my mind with the pure idiocy of it all. Nobody can think anymore. They're all freaking robots who think it's perfectly okay if an officer wants to strip you down naked in the middle of the street then taze you if you don't do it. It's completely psycho.

PaulConventionWV
09-14-2014, 05:31 PM
First it was "driving while black" that would get you stopped and detained by the police, now it's kissing while black ...

Nah, just kissing and thus soiling the purity of another white man. Kissing a black man is okay, just don't touch our precious white guys.

Yeah, that was sarcasm.

56ktarget
09-14-2014, 05:37 PM
You can thank the conservative justices on the Supreme Court for the growing power of the police.

FindLiberty
09-14-2014, 06:32 PM
I hope she recovers from the emotional damage from that encounter with the state's agents.

Mr. and Mrs. Watts should consider joining these RP Forums and explore just how much deeper the tyranny-by-the-state rabbit hole goes...

otherone
09-14-2014, 07:16 PM
You can thank the conservative justices on the Supreme Court for the growing power of the police.

...too bad the flaccid progs don't have potency to stop them.

fisharmor
09-14-2014, 07:25 PM

We all got to see what works, on 12 April 2014.

I get the impression that people just dont care as much about black women, as they do about cattle.

pessimist
09-14-2014, 08:09 PM
I actually never had black or hispanic or asian or arab girlfriend :(

I only ever went out with white chicks, but not by choice- they just 'happened'. For some reason, I'm attracted to arty intellectual women who tend to be moody, bicurious, and progressive.

As for the topic. Crap! I forget what it was. Oh, some racist asshole cops bullying a black woman for kissing a white dude? Just another day for the LAPD.

pessimist
09-14-2014, 08:13 PM
You know, you don't see much of the white male/black female pairing. I see way more white male/asian female and black male/white female couples IRL.

pessimist
09-14-2014, 08:14 PM
black male/latina women is also becoming more common.

MelissaWV
I'm confused. Do prostitutes notoriously not have ID or something? Was it their surefire test? Would her ID say "not a prostitute"? Otherwise, it's almost like the cop was just being a total asshole. Nahhh.

pessimist
I prefer human/human couples. Please void my previous comments.

juleswin
09-14-2014, 08:20 PM
I'm confused. Do prostitutes notoriously not have ID or something? Was it their surefire test? Would her ID say "not a prostitute"? Otherwise, it's almost like the cop was just being a total asshole. Nahhh.

Ofc, the ID would not show if a girl is a prostitute but it could show if she is a repeat offender. I know this from the time I used to watch cops. The police would routinely ran the names of girls that they detain on their database and just about every time, their name show up on their database as repeat offenders. So someone refusing to show ID could be interpreted as the girls trying to prevent the cops from confirming their suspicion

pessimist
09-14-2014, 08:44 PM
I prefer human/human couples. Please void my previous comments.

I should clarify: I meant I shouldn't have singled out race- we are all human.

Anyway, while I never actually dated a nonwhite, I once awkwardly kissed an Asian back in HS. She was super shy and came from an extremely strict family...I don't remember how it happened but it was awkward.

RonPaulIsGreat
09-14-2014, 08:51 PM
If she had more whoopins as a child she'd know the proper response was to submit to authority. I blame her parents.

kylejack
09-14-2014, 08:59 PM
Ofc, the ID would not show if a girl is a prostitute but it could show if she is a repeat offender. I know this from the time I used to watch cops. The police would routinely ran the names of girls that they detain on their database and just about every time, their name show up on their database as repeat offenders. So someone refusing to show ID could be interpreted as the girls trying to prevent the cops from confirming their suspicion
Finding out that she has a bunch of previous prostitution convictions wouldn't do much to prove that she was engaged in prostitution this time. Anyway, these dickhead cops had no probable cause and I hope they're all fired.

56ktarget
09-14-2014, 09:58 PM
Ever notice how most bad rulings these days are 5-4?

oyarde
09-14-2014, 10:09 PM

Most of them are commies , just like most americans.

Mani
09-14-2014, 11:55 PM

:( Still asleep thinking these are left/right issues. Sigh..... Most of america is this way. Sometimes that's why I feel it's lost. "Blame Obama!" "Blame Republicans!" All just useless banter. :(

Mani
09-15-2014, 12:16 AM
I literally just had one of my "friends" post this comment on Fedbook about that:

Needless to say, they're not my friend anymore. I literally almost lost my mind with the pure idiocy of it all. Nobody can think anymore. They're all freaking robots who think it's perfectly okay if an officer wants to strip you down naked in the middle of the street then taze you if you don't do it. It's completely psycho.

Your friend's comment is sooo frustrating. And they are not alone, so many Americans think the same thing. :(

PaulConventionWV
09-15-2014, 06:51 AM

He was going to look up her arrest record to see if there was anything he could nab her on.

otherone
09-15-2014, 06:53 AM

lol.
Isn''t that what a 'pen and phone' is for? I guess fellating the health insurance complex is more important than safeguarding civil liberties?

otherone
09-15-2014, 06:56 AM
:( Still asleep thinking these are left/right issues. Sigh..... Most of america is this way. Sometimes that's why I feel it's lost. "Blame Obama!" "Blame Republicans!" All just useless banter. :(

He's a Dem, not a liberal.
Party before principle.

mosquitobite
09-15-2014, 07:17 AM
I'm just disgusted with this entire scenario.

jmdrake
09-15-2014, 07:39 AM

The have been rulings where the liberals were in the majority such as Kelo v City of New London which said state governments could steal land from middle class and poor people and give them to rich developers all in the name of increasing the tax base. I here I was thinking progressives were against gentrification? Silly me.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kelo_v._City_of_New_London#Majority_and_concurring

Scalia and Stephens were the only justices in the Hamdi case to declare that the executive branch could not detain U.S. citizens as "enemy combatants" without having congress vote to suspend habeas corpus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hamdi_v._Rumsfeld

I thought progressives were against abuse of power by the executive branch?

Cleaner44
09-15-2014, 08:37 AM

Ever notice how most rulings are 5-4 because they vote based on politics rather than being honest, non-partisan and impartial?

The Supreme Court is just a tool for the Republicans and Democrats to further their grabs for power.

acptulsa
09-15-2014, 09:20 AM

Yeah, it has been that way for over three decades. The difference is, when Sandra Day O'Connor was on that bench she'd vote with the big R faction when the big D faction wanted to screw us (which was about half the time) and she'd vote with the big D faction about half the time. Now the one or two swing voters never fail to vote to screw us.

Reagan didn't do much right, but appointing Sandra Day O'Connor was a big help in slowing the slide to the despicable state the country's in now. You miss out on important things like that when you're too brainwashed to see past those big Ds and Rs.

AuH20
09-15-2014, 09:43 AM

I really wish there was a true political division in this country but there isn't. It's as real as wrestling. Take for example, when Bush and the republicans held Congress? What happened? The status quo happened, proving that Quigley's revelations are most likely true.

http://www.therightplanet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/05/Quigley-Carroll-right-left-quote.png

Philhelm
09-15-2014, 10:39 AM
Prostitutes kiss people?

There goes another myth...

Sometimes they do...or so I've heard...

Philhelm
09-15-2014, 10:41 AM
"As I was sitting in the back of the police car, I remembered the countless times my father came home frustrated or humiliated by the cops when he had done nothing wrong, " she wrote in the post.

"I felt his shame, his anger, and my own feelings of frustration for existing in a world where I have allowed myself to believe that “authority figures” could control my BEING… my ability to BE!!!!!!!

This is it, in a nutshell.

enhanced_deficit
09-15-2014, 11:30 AM
First it was"driving while black" that would get you stopped and detained by the police, now it's kissing while black ...

Or could be worse if drive is in the White House neighborhood:

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/azz1.jpg

Miriam Carey was shot five times from behind (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?455242-Miriam-Carey-was-shot-five-times-from-behind&)

Entire House Of Reps Gives Standing Ovation To Cops After Killing Unarmed Mother (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?429504-Entire-House-Of-Reps-Gives-Standing-Ovation-To-Cops-After-Killing-Unarmed-Mother&)

thoughtomator
09-15-2014, 11:35 AM
And now... the rest of the story:

Django Unchained actress who claimed she was harassed by LAPD officers for kissing her white boyfriend was actually having sex with him in car, reveal witnesses

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2756165/Django-Unchained-actress-claimed-harassed-LAPD-making-boyfriend-car-actually-having-sex-witnesses-claim-police-audio-claims-went-racism-rant.html

jmdrake
09-15-2014, 11:37 AM
Or worse:

http://www.whatdoesitmean.com/azz1.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=QOIB3jwJMx1PKM&tbnid=TXpkhJ3LfWrIXM:&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.whatdoesitmean.com%2Findex171 2.htm&ei=8iEXVN7dOsq68QGGj4HgAQ&bvm=bv.75097201,d.cGU&psig=AFQjCNHGjzGoIvon_1KAaUt0DVqpjgXrpg&ust=1410888558100871)

Wow! Didn't know that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGHzE9ie-M8

enhanced_deficit
09-15-2014, 11:43 AM
Wow! Didn't know that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGHzE9ie-M8

Wolf Blitzer is at least glad that Patti is Okay.. even if the unarmed black mother was executed after driving near the White House and making a wrong turn.

jmdrake
09-15-2014, 11:47 AM

Django Unchained actress who claimed she was harassed by LAPD officers for kissing her white boyfriend was actually having sex with him in car, reveal witnesses

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2756165/Django-Unchained-actress-claimed-harassed-LAPD-making-boyfriend-car-actually-having-sex-witnesses-claim-police-audio-claims-went-racism-rant.html

Don't you mean "allege witnesses"? There was a witness that said the man that got shot in Walmart was brandishing an assault rifle when all it was was a BB gun. And since when are you required to carry ID when you aren't driving? "I have a right to ask for your ID". Response to officer "Well I have a right not to carry ID when I'm not driv ing."

brushfire
09-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Dont fk with the privileged class.

aGameOfThrones
09-15-2014, 11:57 AM

"Upon further investigation it was determined that no crime had been committed. Ms. Watts and her companion were subsequently released,' police said. "

I think someone just called the cops just cause. anyway, contempt of cop...

Watts: (sobbing) I don’t understand how we live in a free country where I’m at a parking lot making out with my boyfriend and I get arrested just because somebody called the cops. I don’t understand how we live in a free country where cops can put you in handcuffs… for nothing.
Sgt. Parker: (speaking to someone in background) Stay here, I’d be careful… A little emotional.
Sgt. Parker (to Watts): What’s your first name? Why do you think you’re in handcuffs? Do you think we put you in handcuffs or you did?
Watts: I put myself in handcuffs?
Sgt. Parker: Who do you think put yourself in handcuffs? Who do you think put you in handcuffs?
Watts: I think that this officer right here put me handcuffs because…
Sgt. Parker No, I think you did the minute you left the scene.
Watts: Yes, because I was being treated as a criminal before I even did anything.
Sgt. Parker: I’m sorry, do you… do you see the gentleman here in handcuffs? Is the gentleman here in handcuffs before you? No, he’s not.
Watts: Do you think that I’m stupid?
Sgt. Parker: I don’t think you’re stupid at all
Watts: What’s your first name Officer Parker?
Sgt. Parker: My name is Sergeant Parker and that’s all you need to know.
Watts: Why do you need to know my first name but I don’t need to know your first name?
Sgt. Parker Because I need to identify you as a source of a radio call
Watts: So I think I’d like to identify you to my publicist, what’s your first name?
Sgt. Parker: Now you see why you’re in handcuffs?
Watts: Why because you’re afraid of the news getting out about you arresting someone who’s innocent, who was making out with her boyfriend?
Sgt. Parker: I’ve been on the news many times.
Watts: Awesome.
Second officer: Ma’am, I explained to you over there why you’re in handcuffs
Watrts: Because you asked me to turn around and face the wall and I did.
Second officer: When you left my supervisor when he told you stay…
Watts: Did he tell me to stay or did I say I am walking away and I was talking to my dad? Did you hear him tell me to stay here?
Sgt. Parker: You can’t walk away ma’am
Second officer: He didn’t say anything to you as you walked away…
Watts: You didn’t say anything to me as I was walking away.

FloralScent
09-15-2014, 12:00 PM

CONservative = Commie lite

Anti Federalist
09-15-2014, 02:57 PM

moostraks
09-15-2014, 03:08 PM

Rich ain't it? I read that and was thinking is this seriously the conversation that occurred? Privileged class indeed they consider of themselves...

MelissaWV
09-15-2014, 03:42 PM

Which would make more sense if there weren't that pesky self-incrimination thing somewhere in some old, dusty document :>

rpfocus
09-15-2014, 05:16 PM

"Upon further investigation it was determined that no crime had been committed. Ms. Watts and her companion were subsequently released,' police said. "

Get in line, worker.

loveshiscountry
09-15-2014, 06:13 PM

Witnesses told police they were watching her and her boyfriend have sex in the passenger seat with the door open.
One eyewitness said the man was sitting in the seat while she was straddling him, in plain sight of everyone around them.
'A Caucasian guy in a business suit comes downstairs and says, "Can you guys stop putting on a show? I have people who are trying to work up there",'

"A Caucasian guy", nice

The kicker may be the "putting on a show". Both probably had their clothes on.
Publicity maybe?

LibForestPaul
09-15-2014, 06:44 PM

99%

osan
09-15-2014, 07:49 PM
WALKING
WHILE
BLACK

Not Swinging From A Piano Wire Noose While Black

It is so ridiculous at this point, I cannot help but get a sensation of the surreal similar to that while watching "Brazil".

All I can say is that if this bitch starts coming apart on a national scale, cops are going to start wishing they had chosen another profession, like child-molester or drug lord because I think they will be piecemeal turned into a very endangered species. People are fed up with them and when "law and order" takes a vacation I suspect there will be an awful lot of payback coming down the various pikes, coast to coast.

I, for one, will not be expending any energy shedding tears.

You made the bed, now lie in it.

osan
09-15-2014, 07:54 PM
I hope she recovers from the emotional damage from that encounter with the state's agents.

Mr. and Mrs. Watts should consider joining these RP Forums and explore just how much deeper the tyranny-by-the-state rabbit hole goes...

Nah, most people just are not up to staring down that bottomless black hole. That's not for the weak, and Joe Meaner is most definitely weak... mostly by choice.

osan
09-15-2014, 08:14 PM
I actually never had black or hispanic or asian or arab girlfriend :(

You haven't missed anything, save the experience. Dated a black girl awhile - meh... nothing to write home about. Then there was Sophia... toasty little Puerto Rican number whom I loved dearly ( sophiaramos.com - she's a singer and damned good). Had Japanese, Chinese, and Philipino gfs. Married to a half-Indian/half-Chinese girl, who is the best wife in the world, no joke.

I only ever went out with white chicks, but not by choice- they just 'happened'. For some reason, I'm attracted to arty intellectual women who tend to be moody, bicurious, and progressive.

Perhaps your tastes need some tuning... at least on that "progressive" thing. I cannot "be" with such women. They are humorless, narrow-minded in the extreme, and choose with vise-like shutness to hold the most freakishly stupid world views and opinions imaginable. Half the time I don't even want to be in the same room with them, especially if for some incomprehensible reason they decide they have cause to open their mouths for any reason other than putting my considerable part into it. The noises that issue from such, erm... "women" can take the paint off any wall you care to name, even those with none on them. Their speak reduces the power of the Medusa to pale mercy. In fact, any sensible man soon finds himself praying to be turned to stone just to end the agony of having to hear another word from these shrieking clarions of brain-boiling stoopidity.

'Nuff said.

osan
09-15-2014, 08:17 PM
I should clarify: I meant I shouldn't have singled out race- we are all human.

Obama: Sub-human.
Hillary: Sub-human.
Nancy: Sub-human.
And so on down the line.

Just because they vaguely seem human, it does not follow that they are. Would you label a mannikin "human"?

rpfocus
09-15-2014, 08:54 PM
After hearing the audio, all sympathy is gone. Take her away, officer. What a brat.

kylejack
09-15-2014, 08:59 PM
After hearing the audio, all sympathy is gone. Take her away, officer. What a brat.
Pfft. Being a brat when being unlawfully detained with no probable cause is everyone's right as an American.

Brian4Liberty
09-17-2014, 10:48 AM
So it boils down to the fact that they were having some exhibitionist sex in public, and people were complaining, even asking them to stop before calling the Police. She tried to get out of it by playing the race and fame cards.

'Django Unchained' Actress -- Cops: After Car Sex She Pulls Race, Fame Card (POLICE AUDIO)
'Django' Actress
Cops: After Car Sex
She Pulls Race, Fame Card

The "Django Unchained" actress who claimed she was harassed and hurt by cops after making out with her boyfriend was actually having sex in her car according to witnesses ... then went on a rant with cops accusing them of racism and not knowing who she was ... according to police audio obtained by TMZ.

Daniele Watts had just left CBS studios in the San Fernando Valley around 2 PM Thursday. She says she was making out with her BF, but we've learned witnesses from the nearby Art Directors Guild office building told cops they were watching her and her BF have full-on sex in the passenger seat WITH THE DOOR OPEN!
TMZ obtained police audio of the incident. Watts instantly plays the race card when Sgt. Jim Parker asked for her ID. She quickly moves from the race card to the fame card -- then storms off, refusing to show her ID.
She was apprehended by another cop a short distance away and brought back...
Audio, video and more:
http://www.tmz.com/2014/09/15/django-actress-daniele-watts-lapd-race-card-fame-audio/

AuH20
09-17-2014, 12:22 PM
So it boils down to the fact that they were having some exhibitionist sex in public, and people were complaining, even asking them to stop before calling the Police. She tried to get out of it by playing the race and fame cards.

Yup. She's a real victim. A victim of stupidity.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2759136/Django-Unchained-actress-claimed-LAPD-harassed-just-kissing-boyfriend-pictured-witnesses-straddling-grinding-car-breasts-exposed.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/17/1410962575377_wps_15_MINIMUM_FEE_TO_BE_AGREED_.jpg

Brian4Liberty
09-17-2014, 01:20 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2759136/Django-Unchained-actress-claimed-LAPD-harassed-just-kissing-boyfriend-pictured-witnesses-straddling-grinding-car-breasts-exposed.html

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/17/1410962575377_wps_15_MINIMUM_FEE_TO_BE_AGREED_.jpg

You have to wonder what kind of game is going on here. Were they doing this for their own gratification, or was this an intentional set-up for a lawsuit against the Police and city?

The couple immediately claimed that the Police said she was a prostitute. But the audio disagrees with that.

They engaged in a sex act that would be consistent with being a street prostitute. She refused to give ID, which could create the impression that she was a prostitute. They put out a false story that this was a identification as a prostitute, and that race was an issue. Was this all an act?

juleswin
09-17-2014, 07:18 PM
Alas, the truth has revealed itself. Its always good to have a reminder that the people usually complaining about the police come from the same poll the idiot police are selected from.

She is about to find out what happens to you after your 15 mins of fame is over.

PRB
09-17-2014, 08:24 PM

it's neither, but keep letting the PC liberal media get to you.

She was not arrested for being black or kissing. She was questioned because bystanders called it in, at that point, she was asked for ID. Here comes the conspiracy theory, why wasn't HE asked for ID? Why wasn't HE arrested? Oh of course, he wasn't black.

Not so fast, she apparently, as an actress, never saw the movie Crash. The police asked for both people to ID, only one person complained.

Just FYI "If somebody did the same thing and wasn't my skin color, that person would never be arrested" is not a defense if you committed a crime, if you didn't commit a crime, there's no point it being defensive. TMZ photos don't prove they did anything illegal or lewd, but definitely enough to say it wasn't merely kissing.

Did the neighbors overreact? Sure. Did the police need to harass people just because they were prostituting? No. But at the end of the confrontation, who got herself arrested for talking back instead of just presenting ID? She did.

Who wins? She did, because she's a famous martyr for people who think if you don't ID yourself, you're free to walk away, instead, she's ID'd anyway and the police wasted everybody's time. Way to go for Constitutional rights. Hollywood crybabies bore me.

PRB
09-17-2014, 08:28 PM
You have to wonder what kind of game is going on here. Were they doing this for their own gratification, or was this an intentional set-up for a lawsuit against the Police and city?

The couple immediately claimed that the Police said she was a prostitute. But the audio disagrees with that.

They engaged in a sex act that would be consistent with being a street prostitute. She refused to give ID, which could create the impression that she was a prostitute. They put out a false story that this was a identification as a prostitute, and that race was an issue. Was this all an act?

I doubt it was an intentional set up for a lawsuit, but I do think she overreacted at her first opportunity, just like Meg Mclain ("Female radio host cuffed to chair, ticket ripped up...") Some people are just attention whores and wannabe martyrs. I don't think it was an act in the sense that she intentionally baited for publicity, I think she genuinely believes she's a victim of police brutality, as any good liberal or libertarian or anarchist should.

PRB
09-17-2014, 08:29 PM

as far as I can tell, they're still fully clothed. while what they doing isn't common, it doesn't look lewd or illegal to me.

kylejack
09-17-2014, 08:29 PM
The pictures don't show jack shit. Looks to me like they were making out and some prudes got flustered and called the cops and lied. The cops didn't even arrest her.

PRB
09-17-2014, 08:37 PM
The pictures don't show jack shit. Looks to me like they were making out and some prudes got flustered and called the cops and lied. The cops didn't even arrest her.

she WASN'T arrested??!

aGameOfThrones
09-17-2014, 08:49 PM

http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/KirkCousinsHumpingCelebration.gif

Mani
09-17-2014, 09:31 PM
http://www.juanelway.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/KirkCousinsHumpingCelebration.gif

CALL THE POLICE!!! :eek:

Lady sounds like an idiot, but so do the witnesses. That doesn't look like a full on sex act. And if they were in the middle of sex, did the police stand around and let them put their clothes back on??? I'm sure there would have been photos of that. And I don't recall hearing about cops....waiting around...Tapping their toes while a couple puts their pants back on. The sex act sounds like B.S. from the terrified/grossed out neighbors.

Idiots all around.

kylejack
09-17-2014, 10:08 PM
she WASN'T arrested??!
That's right, she wasn't arrested. She was detained for a while.

kylejack
09-17-2014, 10:09 PM
Lady sounds like an idiot, but so do the witnesses. That doesn't look like a full on sex act. And if they were in the middle of sex, did the police stand around and let them put their clothes back on??? I'm sure there would have been photos of that. And I don't recall hearing about cops....waiting around...Tapping their toes while a couple puts their pants back on. The sex act sounds like B.S. from the terrified/grossed out neighbors.

Yeah, the supposed smoking gun photos are of a woman wearing jeans and sitting on the guy's lap. No proof of any sex here at all, just some nosy prudes.

Brian4Liberty
09-18-2014, 12:56 AM

Yep, nothing to see here...

Mani
09-18-2014, 01:46 AM

CALL THE POLICE! The horror...The Horror...

Mani
09-18-2014, 01:51 AM
CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i0.wp.com/www.gistreel.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Scott-And-Kourtney.jpg?resize=231%2C280

CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10255913-md.jpg

CALL THE POLICE!! NOT IN FRONT OF THE CHILDREN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/18/article-2174662-141968A1000005DC-598_634x352.jpg

Brian4Liberty
09-18-2014, 02:13 AM

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/18/article-2174662-141968A1000005DC-598_634x352.jpg

Poor girl. Scarred for life...

kylejack
09-18-2014, 06:18 AM

You can't do that maneuver when the woman is wearing jeans.

green73
09-22-2014, 08:38 AM
Civil rights leaders demand ‘Django Unchained’ actress apologize to LAPD

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/21/civil-rights-leaders-demand-django-unchained-actre/

AuH20
09-22-2014, 08:43 AM

You do realize that a shop-owner told them to move to another location earlier (which they complied)? And that the shopowner didn't call the police. This has nothing to do with so-called 'prudes.'

jmdrake
09-22-2014, 12:07 PM
Civil rights leaders demand ‘Django Unchained’ actress apologize to LAPD

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/21/civil-rights-leaders-demand-django-unchained-actre/

But audio recorded by a sergeant captured Ms. Watts refusing to give her identification and arguing with the officers. TMZ also released photos that appeared to show the actress straddling her boyfriend in the passenger seat of a car with the door open. An eyewitness told TMZ that Ms. Watts’ bare breasts were exposed.

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/21/civil-rights-leaders-demand-django-unchained-actre/#ixzz3E4Kn0FPx
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Pics (of the exposed breasts) or it didn't happen. Seriously though, since when did a lap grind become sex? If that's all Monica had done to Bill then I would say his "I did not have sex with that woman" claim would be true. And is the LAPD going to start interrogating strippers who do lap dances? I mean...fair is fair.

enhanced_deficit
09-22-2014, 01:54 PM
CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CALL THE POLICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://gallery.photo.net/photo/10255913-md.jpg

No don't call anyone, love an change is all around.

http://www.wtop.com/emedia/wtop/23/2383/238391.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=mBPy13MonOCEDM&tbnid=CutcH3EhlPWyIM:&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wtop.com%2F209%2F2764860%2FPh oto-of-gay-Marines-homecoming-kiss-goes-viral&ei=T10gVNP5A8XPggTynIGQAg&bvm=bv.75775273,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNHtDCaoKC8UgGpiJThDIPgg1y1m5Q&ust=1411493560773809)
http://www.constantinereport.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/barack-anti-gay-marriage-law.jpg (http://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&docid=VH96szwV03LAqM&tbnid=hiknitvpiQbyTM:&ved=0CAcQjRw&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.constantinereport.com%2Fchris tian-wingnut-scott-lively-claims-obama-is-secretly-gay%2F&ei=C30gVLn2LYzBggSVw4GwAQ&bvm=bv.75775273,d.eXY&psig=AFQjCNEWGdC-eD7DBFFYPJx2weN0aZk9iQ&ust=1411501693007702)

PaulConventionWV
09-22-2014, 03:33 PM
99%

What? 99% what?

PaulConventionWV
09-22-2014, 03:42 PM

That's not a good mindset. Just because someone has what you perceive to be an unpleasant attitude (with good cause), it doesn't mean they deserve to be harassed.

PaulConventionWV
09-22-2014, 03:55 PM

You know what, after I just heard the audio, I came to the exact opposite conclusion as you. She is absolutely right. I mean, minus the race card thing, which was stupid, the cop said some blatantly untrue things such as "I have the right to ID you" and he actually said that getting a call is "probable cause". Well, as a Political Scientist, I can tell you with absolute certainty that a telephone call is far from probable cause. It's not even reasonable suspicion. It's just a freaking telephone call. That cop was wrong to ID them and although she did get a little unhinged (or, "unchained", if you will), she was right about not having to ID herself and the cop was completely wrong about everything that came out of his mouth, which clearly shows the state of law enforcement. They don't even know the laws, they just kind of make things up as they go along to find the most plausible excuse to arrest, beat, rob or kill someone. She had every right to be upset about that because the cop was an idiot.

PaulConventionWV
09-22-2014, 04:00 PM

Refusal to give ID means absolutely nothing. I don't care who you are, I'm not obligated to identify myself to you. It really doesn't matter what they intended to do because as far as I know, they didn't do that, and besides, who cares? If they were acting, it was a pretty shitty act considering it was all recorded and their claims could be disproved immediately.

And really, a prostitute doing it right there in public? I doubt it.

osan
09-22-2014, 06:31 PM

Almost makes me wish I had cataracts.

specsaregood
09-22-2014, 06:33 PM
And really, a prostitute doing it right there in public? I doubt it.

You have a lot of experience with exactly what prostitutes will and won't do I take it?

BlackTerrel
09-22-2014, 07:11 PM
How is an ID even relevant here? Would her ID confirm if she was having sex with her boyfriend or not?

Obviously there was nothing since they didn't charge her.

phill4paul
09-22-2014, 07:16 PM
How is an ID even relevant here? Would her ID confirm if she was having sex with her boyfriend or not?

Obviously there was nothing since they didn't charge her.

It would confirm her identity in the matrix. All priors. It would be enough to charge her if she had ever been convicted of solicitation. At that point it wouldn't matter if she had just been hanging out with a boyfriend. She would have been identified as having a prior history and that is enough for current detention, charges, court costs, bail bonds...the whole money circus that comes from merely being charged. And priors make up a large prtion of that.

Mani
09-23-2014, 12:19 AM
It would confirm her identity in the matrix. All priors. It would be enough to charge her if she had ever been convicted of solicitation. At that point it wouldn't matter if she had just been hanging out with a boyfriend. She would have been identified as having a prior history and that is enough for current detention, charges, court costs, bail bonds...the whole money circus that comes from merely being charged. And priors make up a large prtion of that.

I get the feeling they like to check ID for the off chance there is a warrant for her arrest for overdue library books or whatever the hell else possible fine there could be. Since there are a zillion possible fines one could have. A person could easily have a fine that goes unpaid or that slipped through the cracks, or a change of address it's bouncing back or a bunch of things. And the unknown civilian could suddenly find themselves under arrest. The cops will then gladly throw them in the back of the squad car and be very happy they have the opportunity to rough up a loud mouthed mundane.

It's the perfect scenario for them.

I had a relative use my car while I was overseas. I had turned off my Sunpass (my electronic toll sticker), since I had moved. My relative had no idea since It used to be active and it's a sticker so you can't tell if it works or not. He saw the sticker, and I never mentioned it was off (I hardly used toll roads in Miami so it never occurred to me)....So they borrowed my car for a few weeks, twice a day going through the automated toll lane . I had 30 or 50 violations all unpaid for months. My mail was all screwed up since I was renting out my home, and didn't really have a USA address.

F'ing disaster. I was afraid to come back to the US, and find out I was wanted for hundreds and hundreds of dollars in months long unpaid toll violations. (I think they were like $.25 or .$50 tolls which some went as high as $25 USD in fines)

Took me friggin HOURS to go through and try to find every single individual violation and make sure they all got paid (my relative paid them, but finding them all was a pain, because the fine letters would come in waves, and take extra long because of rerouting the mail). I'd find 20 and get them paid, and then a few weeks later another 15 angry gov't letters would show up. Then a few weeks later a bunch more. It took 9-10 months or so to resolve the whole thing. I think it was almost a year of headache. Especially because I wasn't in the U.S. and had to rely on other people to pay for it and keep an eye out for them all, and calling the toll authorities and be put on hold for hours while in the middle of the night for me. I was very paranoid one was going to slip through the cracks. It was such a painful experience.

I remember in college people would get parking tickets all the time, and sometimes you'd see a few laying in the bushes or on the ground on a windy or winter day, and you'd wonder if that was going to fuck someone over 3-4 months later.

The point is, there is a real possibility a person could have some unpaid gov't fine, that went months unpaid, lead to a unattended court hearing, and a rubber stamp warrant was issued. The person may have no idea, until they encounter a cop, who FIRST THING...asks for ID, and runs the database and happily realizes he's found a criminal and lays down the law on a stupid lowlife mundane.

PaulConventionWV
09-23-2014, 07:00 PM
You have a lot of experience with exactly what prostitutes will and won't do I take it?

No, but just saying. If I was one, I certainly wouldn't do it in broad daylight on the side of a road by a public sidewalk. All jokes aside, am I wrong?

Mani
09-23-2014, 08:54 PM
No, but just saying. If I was one, I certainly wouldn't do it in broad daylight on the side of a road by a public sidewalk. All jokes aside, am I wrong?

You are not wrong. It's pretty well understood that prostitutes know their profession is illegal so TEND to avoid scenarios of "getting caught in the act" or a scenario that would have the cops called. While I'm also not an expert, I think that's a pretty basic understanding.

PRB
09-24-2014, 01:15 AM
You are not wrong. It's pretty well understood that prostitutes know their profession is illegal so TEND to avoid scenarios of "getting caught in the act" or a scenario that would have the cops called. While I'm also not an expert, I think that's a pretty basic understanding.

that doesn't mean there aren't desperate, high/intoxicated or amateur ones which don't use their brains, does it?

Mani
09-24-2014, 02:51 AM
that doesn't mean there aren't desperate, high/intoxicated or amateur ones which don't use their brains, does it?

I said...tend to avoid.....