PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania police: 1 trooper killed, 1 injured in barracks attack; person being questioned

aGameOfThrones
09-13-2014, 12:33 PM
BLOOMING GROVE, Pa. — Two troopers were ambushed outside a state police barracks in northeastern Pennsylvania during a late-night shift change, leaving one dead and another injured, and authorities were questioning a person of interest, state police said Saturday.

One trooper was leaving the barracks in Blooming Grove, Pike County, and another was arriving when shots were fired at 10:50 p.m. Friday, State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan said.

A person of interest identified as Jeffrey Hudak, 48, was being questioned by police, Trooper Connie Devens said.

"No one is in custody or under arrest," she said. "Mr. Hudak is being questioned as a person of interest."

Noonan confirmed that one trooper was killed and the other was injured and taken to Geisinger Medical Center in Scranton, where he was in stable condition after undergoing surgery.

He provided few details on the shooting but said the attack seemed to be directed at state police.

"This has been an emotional night for all of us," Noonan told reporters.

Law enforcement officials from across the region, including New York and New Jersey, descended on northeastern Pennsylvania to help with the search on foot and by helicopter. The Blooming Grove barracks is in a wooded area, surrounded by state game lands.

At a news conference after daybreak Saturday, Noonan said authorities were following several leads.

"We can't say that the situation is completely in hand," he said.

Noonan said police did not believe the general public was at risk, but they are asking everyone to be on the lookout for anything suspicious.

"People in the area can come and go freely but should be alert," he said.

Several roads around the barracks, including parts of Interstate 84, were closed Saturday morning. Blooming Grove is a township of about 4,000 people about 35 miles east of Scranton.

Gov. Tom Corbett said he was praying for the slain trooper's family as well as the injured colleague.

"Every attack on an officer of the law is an attack on our state, our country and civilized society," Corbett said in a statement. "The incident in Blooming Grove shows, once again, that our first responders face constant danger in order that the rest of us may live in peace and safety."

http://www.startribune.com/nation/274996131.html

presence
09-13-2014, 12:55 PM
Gang Bangers Get Gang Banged

JK/SEA
09-13-2014, 12:56 PM
too bad...

in other news today, somewhere, someone is getting brutalized by a cop...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-13-2014, 02:26 PM
"Every attack on an officer of the law is an attack on our state, our country and civilized society," Corbett said in a statement. "The incident in Blooming Grove shows, once again, that our first responders face constant danger in order that the rest of us may live in peace and safety."

This is incorrect. Attacks are often personal. They are done for personal misdeeds to people who have done wrong. Actions have consequences.

tod evans
09-13-2014, 02:44 PM
This is incorrect. Attacks are often personal. They are done for personal misdeeds to people who have done wrong. Actions have consequences.

Honesty from the MSM.................HA!

phill4paul
09-13-2014, 02:50 PM

Indeed, for all we know the trooper may have traded sex for not giving a false ticket to someones teenage daughter and the father found out about it.

thoughtomator
09-13-2014, 03:01 PM
yep, my first thought was: what did they do to earn it...

aGameOfThrones
09-13-2014, 03:03 PM
AF...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-13-2014, 03:23 PM
Pretty convenient to drag down the whole society when you commit misdeeds. Some people never learn the meaning of personal responsibility.

thoughtomator
09-13-2014, 03:40 PM
More info on this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/gunman-kills-trooper-pa-police-barracks-article-1.1938346

This is by far the most interesting quote of the story:

Gov. Tom Corbett wanted to visit the area, but officials warned him to stay away when a “a very dangerous, armed criminal” has not been caught, the Times-Tribune reported.

Still, State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan assured residents the shooter is not believed to be dangerous to the public.

How could that be unless they know the guy is targeting cops specifically?

Dr.3D
09-13-2014, 03:43 PM
Wow, maybe they said something he didn't like about his church.

Working Poor
09-13-2014, 07:18 PM
When I heatd this I was thinking maybe they have started eating their own..

fisharmor
09-13-2014, 07:57 PM

Anti Federalist
09-13-2014, 08:12 PM
Let's see how many people get "Dornered", in the cop's mad dash to serve up an execution.

Anti Federalist
09-13-2014, 08:14 PM
I'll remember that the next time I read a story about some off duty cop being beat down by bunch of on duty cops.

AF...

oyarde
09-13-2014, 10:58 PM
More info on this:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/gunman-kills-trooper-pa-police-barracks-article-1.1938346

This is by far the most interesting quote of the story:

How could that be unless they know the guy is targeting cops specifically?

I noticed that too.

Anti Federalist
09-15-2014, 02:47 PM
Anything more on this?

presence
09-15-2014, 03:30 PM
Anything more on this?

Pennsylvania Trooper Who Survived Ambush Is Conscious, Talking

http://www.wfmynews2.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/15/pennsylvaniatrooper-who-survived-ambush-is-conscious-talking/15659813/

Kelly said in an emailed statement Sunday that police are getting a large number of tips, and some are "fantastic."
He said they are keeping details of the investigation quiet to preserve the integrity of the leads.

limequat
09-15-2014, 08:54 PM
20 -30 rounds from a .308?

I don't know of any "hunting" rifle that'll do that.
http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/AR-10-Super-SASS-618x412.jpg

phill4paul
09-16-2014, 07:31 AM
PA Troopers Got Off Easy

by Christopher Cantwell • September 14, 2014

One Pennsylvania State Trooper is dead, and another is wounded, after they were ambushed outside their barracks in Pike County Saturday night. “It’s a cowardly attack. It’s an attack upon all of us in society” said Pennsylvania State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan. Social media is abuzz with messages of support for the widow of Cpl. Bryon K. Dickson, and her two sons who have now lost their father. The wounded trooper, Alex Douglass, was in stable condition Saturday after surgery at Geisinger Medical Center in Scranton, reported The Morning Call.

Police from three states have descended upon the Poconos to search for the assailant, who has yet to be captured or identified. Police are being tight lipped, and are not disclosing whether the barracks had CCTV cameras, or whether there is any evidence at all. One man was being questioned as a person of interest, but not a suspect. Police now suspect the shooter to have left the area, having thoroughly searched for any sign of him, and found none.

Right now, we know nothing about the shooter. We don’t know his identity, his motives, his political beliefs, or whether he was a good or bad person. I hope that it stays this way, because I hope he is never caught.

What we do know is that Dickson became a law enforcement official in 2007, and had recently transferred to the Blooming Grove barracks a few months ago from Philadelphia. For the last seven years, he has threatened, intimidated, harassed, kidnapped, assaulted, and robbed an immeasurable number of people. We know this, because had he not done so, he would not be a police officer. That’s what a police officer is; a full time, well paid, violent enforcer of politicians’ edicts.

At some point in his life, Dickson likely had numerous career options. He could have been a construction worker, a food service professional, he could have gone into computers, medicine, psychology, or any number of different professions. Instead, he joined a gang. He decided to pick up a gun, and threaten the lives of his fellow Pennsylvanians. Instead of being productive or creative, he made a conscious decision to take from others by force. He did it for the same reasons other people join other gangs, money, power, and respect.

Every traffic stop he engaged in was a death threat. Every arrest a kidnapping. Every fine a theft. He was paid through taxation, a global system of coercion that presently enslaves the entire human race. He was an active participant and willing co-conspirator in the system of oppression that makes wars possible. Should Dickson have pulled you over on the highway, and you attempted to evade him, he would use whatever level of force was necessary to stop you, up to and including running your car off the road and shooting you in the face, with a gun you were forced to pay for.

After choosing this lifestyle, and having lived it for seven years, I’d say a quick death from an assassin’s bullet is really quite merciful. Should Dickson have been forced to make restitution for his crimes, he would easily have to work well beyond what most people consider retirement age, and even then would likely fall well short of making all of his victims whole before dying of old age.

If his death prevented a single traffic stop, then his killer is a hero. If it saved the taxpayers of Pennsylvania a single penny, then his killer is a freer of slaves. If it makes one young adult think twice about becoming a cop, then his killer saved an immeasurable number of people from theft, assault, imprisonment, and death.

If there were enough men like Dickson’s killer out there, then there would be no police. The moment being a cop was actually as dangerous as being a convenience store clerk, these worthless cowards would walk off the job so fast it would make your head spin. The war on drugs would end in a day. Millions of peaceful people would be released from the rape cages of the prison industrial complex. There would be no war. Tens of millions of children would no longer be force fed psychotropic drugs. Markets could begin repairing the thousands of years of damage that governments have inflicted upon human society.

Dickson was no hero, and his killer no villain. It’s really quite the contrary. It’s easy to feel sorry for his wife and children. It’s easy to turn on your TV and cheer for police to catch the “bad guy”. I’m going to ask you to do something more difficult.

Think.

You live in a world where violence is rewarded with money and power and respect by State sanction. Every once in awhile, somebody decides to punish and prevent that violence by using force against a cop. Rather than thank him for his bravery, society labels him the worst sort of criminal, and hunts him down like an animal.

I see this as profoundly sick. That as a species we heap praise upon people who kidnap and murder and steal in the name of “law”, but demonize those who risk their lives to do something meaningful to punish and prevent that violence. I will not engage in this behavior, and neither should you.

Cpl. Bryon K. Dickson was a violent criminal. His uniform does not excuse his crimes. His death marks the end of a 7 year crime wave, and I couldn’t be happier about it.

http://www.christophercantwell.com/2014/09/14/pa-troopers-got-easy/

presence
09-16-2014, 07:39 AM

Hear, hear!

fisharmor
09-16-2014, 08:07 AM
I certainly hope Cantwell wasn't planning on flying anywhere in the near future.

jbauer
09-16-2014, 08:39 AM

Probably ought to wait till the cop is cold. He might have been everything that article said but he was also a human being. 2 wrongs don't make a right and shooting someone without provocation goes against what I believe in.

sparebulb
09-16-2014, 08:48 AM
....shooting someone without provocation......

This remains to be determined.

It would be typical that we will not have an inkling of what the real reasons are until sometime after the first official version is debunked.

tod evans
09-16-2014, 09:07 AM
Probably ought to wait till the cop is cold. He might have been everything that article said but he was also a human being. 2 wrongs don't make a right and shooting someone without provocation goes against what I believe in.

I'll wager a cyber nickle right now that the shooter was provoked directly by the actions of the kops.

William Tell
09-16-2014, 09:17 AM
Cantwell is an idiot, he is as bad as any statist. How can he assume the killer was no villain? This enemy of my enemy is my friend stuff is retarded. Cop killers make the public sympathize more with the cops. Just as suicide bombers make their victims countrymen more patriotic.

aGameOfThrones
09-16-2014, 10:05 AM
Here you go...

Patrick Nelson • a day ago

We the people grant police and the government the power to coerce. If you want to go back to the articles of confederation instead of the constitution, there is an amendment process. But, consider why we no longer use the articles of the confederation. Murder is murder. If you want anarchy go to Africa. You can't go around just killing people because you feel their cause is unjust. If you want to do some real good, why don't you go kill all the black people in America? They are responsible for the most homicides in America, and they are a minority, shouldn't be too rough right? That's about how you are generalizing all of the police force.

Steve Patrick Nelson • a day ago

The idea of the modern police force stemmed from the old "Company Towns" in the U.S. where a company, in most cases a coal company, owned all of the property, stores, and supplies in a town which housed their workers. These workers were indentured slaves, where their wages went to paying off their tools, room & board, food, etc. Sound familiar?

Nowhere in the Constitution does it mention anything about a police force. You are making random inferences about something you think you know about without any research or real knowledge on the subject, "bro." You also don't get to speak on behalf of "We The People" as that also includes those in this comment section that disagree with you.

Matthew Reece Patrick Nelson • 21 hours ago

"We the people" does not exist. Each individual person exists. This individual person never signed any social contract or document that establishes a state, and never would do so.

You must not have read the article, or you would understand that the killed person was an aggressor, and violence against an aggressor does not violate NAP.

Jack O'Brien Patrick Nelson • 21 hours ago

State troopers and incorporated police departments are not Constitutionally sanctioned.

So what was that you were saying about the amendment process?

Patrick Nelson THIN BLUE CASKET • a day ago

Go to Africa if you want freedom bro, or change our system here legally. It's pretty simple. Or keep being a little bitch and throw ad hominem into your argument when you can't come up with something logical.

Brandon Youngs Patrick Nelson • a day ago

You do realize, in order for me to leave, I have to pay this gang a large fee. On top of that fee, I have to go to another gang and get permission to enter their gangland. Also, the first gang is going to require I forfeit a large percentage of my property, just to leave, and again that assumes that the gang I am living under approves of my leaving in the first place.

Patrick Nelson Brandon Youngs • 20 hours ago

What large fee are you talking about? The fee for a pass port? If you leave, your property is still your property. You're an idiot. Where do you people come up with this shit? The whole world is gangland, except Africa. They are free over there bro, go have fun, unless you want to change things here, young keyboard warrior.

Matheus Grunt Patrick Nelson • 6 hours ago

Wrong. Police have zero constitutional right to even exist. Sheriff's that are elected, their offices, are the only constitutional law enforcement in the states you peon. The colonists & some of the founders also routinely engage in attacks against law enforcement back in the day (the British troops) and other govt officials. They even attacked them at homes sometimes. This is not evil, but a necessary work against what is wrong & impure & violating of the rule of law & our natural rights. It's happening slowly all over again. The American people, many of us, are fed up. This kind of action this man took in taking on these 2 troopers is going to keep up as the war these pigs partake in against us & the Constitution keeps up.

Patrick Nelson Matheus Grunt • 3 hours ago

It's implied consent. Just as much as congress has the right to levy taxes, the judicial branch has the right to enforce legislation. Murder because you think someone is unjust isn't constitutional. Sorry, your logic is deeply flawed. As well as how you are viewing civil rights as compared to civil liberties. I agree the people are fed up, and there is an avenue to direct our grievances to. Murder isn't going to help anything, besides hire a new cop, and piss off the rest of the station.

jimmyt • 5 hours ago

If you act aggressive police have the right to execute you.

Yet every video I see of cops is them acting aggressive, and citizens have a right to go home safe..

No sympathy for terrorist police forces

Patrick Nelson jimmyt • 3 hours ago

Citizens do not have a RIGHT to go home safe. That is not a right. You're silly. If a cop is aggressive you have the RIGHT to defend yourself, up to and including deadly force. For example, if a cop illegally enters your home, shoot him

aGameOfThrones
09-16-2014, 01:53 PM
And we have a winner. People, the police will be looking for a white person, a particular car color, and a male, but the police will shoot you anyway.

Pennsylvania authorities have identified a 31-year-old man they described as a survivalist with a strong desire to kill police officers as the man who allegedly shot and killed a state trooper in an ambush outside a police barracks Friday night.

Eric Matthew Frein, a Pennsylvania resident, allegedly used a .308-caliber rifle to gun down Cpl. Bryon Dixon and seriously wound a second officer -- Trooper Alex T. Douglass -- around 10:50 p.m. Friday, State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan told reporters Tuesday afternoon.

Eric Matthew Frein, 31, has been identified as the man police believe shot and killed one Pennsylvania state trooper and seriously injured another in an ambush outside of a barracks on Friday. (Pennsylvania State Police)

Noonan has described the attack as an ambush and said Dixon and Douglass had little chance to defend themselves. Dixon died hours later on Saturday morning, while Douglass was hospitalized in stable but critical condition.

While the shooter's motives remain unclear, Noonan said Frein had "made statements about wanting to kill law enforcement officers and also wanting to commit mass acts of murders.”

“He has expressed anti-government leanings in the past, especially toward law enforcement," Noonan said, adding that many of his rants appeared on social media.

Police began to suspect Frein after a resident noticed a truck submerged in a pond about two miles from the barracks in Blooming Grove in northeastern Pennsylvania where the shootings took place. Detectives searched the vehicle and found shell casings that matched a weapon used in the attack on Dixon, Noonan said.

The 31-year-old is charged with murder, attempted murder, assault and weapons offenses among other crimes, according to Noonan, who said court documents would be released later on Tuesday.

On Monday, Lt. Col. Bivens, deputy commissioner of operations, said Frein may have suffered a recent crisis in his life and had complained about the state police several times on social media.

“This spineless act may have been meant as an act of intimidation. Let me be very clear, we are not intimidated, we are coming after you," Bivens said on Monday.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na-nn-pennsylvania-state-police-suspect-identified-20140916-story.html

roho76
09-16-2014, 02:37 PM
So the shooter is not dangerous to the public but he's a threat to our state, country, and civilized society? Cop logic makes my brain hurt.

limequat
09-16-2014, 02:47 PM
So the shooter is not dangerous to the public but he's a threat to our state, country, and civilized society? Cop logic makes my brain hurt.

Because without cops, society itself would decay into a buttery mess. Get it?

presence
09-16-2014, 02:53 PM
Eric Mathews Frien is the suspect, this is the image released:

http://i.imgur.com/p6U2XU0.jpg

I enhanced the image here:

http://i.imgur.com/D1BDjMz.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zEvExVN.jpg

CPUd
09-16-2014, 06:29 PM
He is definitely a RPF member. Who hasn't posted in a few days?

SeanTX
09-16-2014, 07:03 PM
Police began to suspect Frein after a resident noticed a truck submerged in a pond about two miles from the barracks in Blooming Grove in northeastern Pennsylvania where the shootings took place. Detectives searched the vehicle and found shell casings that matched a weapon used in the attack on Dixon, Noonan said.

It looks like the thing that did him in was also Christopher Dorner's undoing : poor planning and lousy driving.

presence
09-16-2014, 08:07 PM
He is definitely a RPF member. Who hasn't posted in a few days?

Its kathy88!!! OMG http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9139/trollfaced.png

tod evans
09-17-2014, 09:54 AM
Suspect ID’d in Pennsylvania trooper ambush a marksman who ‘doesn’t miss’

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/17/suspect-idd-in-pennsylvania-trooper-ambush-sharp-shooter-who-doesnt-miss/

The father of the suspect named in the ambush killing of a Pennsylvania state trooper told police his son is an excellent marksman who “doesn’t miss,” a police affidavit released Tuesday said.

Hundreds of law enforcement officers fanned out across the dense northeastern Pennsylvania woods Tuesday as they tracked Eric Frein, a survivalist with two high-powered rifles and a grudge against police. Frein was identified by police as the gunman who killed one trooper and injured another in a late-night ambush outside a state police barracks.

His father, Michael, a retired major in the U.S. Army with 28 years of service, told police that his son is an excellent marksman. The suspect lived about 20 miles from the ambush site and lived with his parents until a few months ago, Lehigh Valley Live reported. A sniper training magazine was reportedly found inside the parents' home.

Frein, 31, of Canadensis, is "extremely dangerous" and residents in the area should be alert and cautious, State Police Commissioner Frank Noonan said at a news conference in which he revealed the suspect's name.

"He has made statements about wanting to kill law enforcement officers and also to commit mass acts of murder," Noonan said.

Frein was charged Tuesday with first-degree murder, homicide of a law enforcement officer and other offenses.

About 200 law enforcement officials were combing the rural area of northeastern Pennsylvania marked by dense forest, but "we have no idea where he is," Noonan said.

The gunman killed Cpl. Bryon Dickson, 38, and critically wounded Trooper Alex Douglass outside the barracks during a late-night shift change, then slipped away. The Times-Leader reported that surveillance cameras recorded the gunshots and the rescue to save the officers.

Authorities were led to Frein after a resident who was walking his dog in a wooded area 2 miles from the barracks Monday spotted a 2001 Jeep lightly submerged in a pond and called 911. Police found shell casings inside the vehicle that matched those found at the shooting scene, Noonan said.

Investigators also found Frein's Social Security card, a Pennsylvania Game Commission range permit, camouflage face paint, a black hooded sweatshirt, two empty rifle cases and military gear, Noonan said.

Frein has held anti-law enforcement views for many years and has expressed them both online and to people who knew him, said Lt. Col. George Bivens.

"This was not unexpected," Bivens said. "As we've interviewed a number of people, that's been the common theme. This was not a surprise."

Three state police patrol cars were parked at Frein's parents' home, a well-kept two-story residence in a private community. Several other cars were in the driveway Tuesday afternoon.

aGameOfThrones
09-18-2014, 10:37 AM
Thousands mourn slain trooper

SCRANTON, Pa. — Thousands of state troopers and police from around the country turned out in northeastern Pennsylvania Thursday to mourn a slain fellow trooper even as other officers intensified the search for his elusive killer.

Eric Matthew Frein, described by authorities as an anti-government survivalist, faces first-degree murder and other charges.

More than 1,000 fellow officers — including state troopers and police from New York, New Jersey, Chicago, and Minnesota — stood in formation.shoulder to shoulder, in front of the church.

The flag-draped coffin of the 38-year-old former Marine was carried through the streets in a silver hearse in a procession led by hundreds of officers on motorcycles, their red and blue lights flashing.

From the altar, Father Thomas Muldowney, Pennsylvania State Police chaplain, told the congregation, "We gather here in sorrow, disbelief and anger. But most importantly we gather here in faith."

He then raised the "singular question" that he said was on everyone's mind: "Why did this heinous act of violence take place?" He asked why there are evil people in the world "who do not respect human life."

While Muldowney said Dickson's death might beg the question as to whether God exists, he called on them to take note that "Bryon's life was truly a gift from God himself."

"Although our hearts today are heavy with grief, may we celebrate a life well-lived and find peace as we remember the many happy and special times that we shared with our fellow brother," he said. "May we believe that he is in a place where he will continue to watch over us as we move forward."

Gov. Tom Corbett was among those in attendance. Thousands of others mourned at Dickson's solemn viewing Wednesday in the rotunda of Marywood University in Scranton.

Meghan Barbour, 32, has been on the Pennsylvania force almost 10 years. She serves in the Harrisburg barracks and, like the vast majority of officers here, didn't know Dickson.

"Every officer out there, they are my brothers and my sisters'," she said. "We are all committed to finding him. We are not afraid. We will not back down."

State Police Maj. Joseph Reed, one of hundreds of law enforcement officers here for the funeral, said he did not know Dickson personally. But he knew his work.

"He was an outstanding performer," said Reed, 56, who commands a post two hours south of here. "Every officer is touched by the tragedy. We're sad at the loss of a brother, but also determined to catch his killer."

"There have been a lot of concerns expressed about community safety and specifically the safety of our children attending schools in the area," State Police Lt. Col. George Bivens said. "While we can never completely rule out an act of violence, I am convinced that Frein has engaged in a personal battle with law enforcement, specifically the Pennsylvania State Police, and will likely stay focused on that fight."

"As I did the other day, I'd like to directly address Eric Frein again. "Eric, in the event you are listening to this broadcast on a portable radio, while cowering in some cold damp hiding place — we are coming for you," said Bivens. "And it's only a matter of time until we bring you to justice for this cowardly attack."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/18/pa-trooper-ambush/15815453/

Christian Liberty
09-18-2014, 11:00 AM
"Why did this heinous act of violence take place?" He asked why there are evil people in the world "who do not respect human life."

Should I help him out? Or can he figure it out on his own?

Not justifying this, BTW, just saying that violence begets violence. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

tod evans
09-19-2014, 10:06 AM
"Copsucker"
http://www.mydisplayimage.com/blog/premium/anim_blowjob.gif

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/09/19/police-trying-to-flush-pennsylvania-trooper-ambush-suspect-out-dense-woods/?intcmp=latestnews

Dickson "was no ordinary trooper," police Commissioner Frank Noonan said.

The word that best describes Dickson is "impeccable," Cpl. Derek Felsman said during his eulogy. Felsman said his best friend took perfect care of his wife, crafted flawless wood toys for his two sons and always wore a crisp and spotless uniform with gleaming leather boots and belt.

Dickson regularly worked past quitting time to take drunken drivers off the street, Felsman said.

"He held himself to the highest standards as evidenced in every aspect of his life," he said.

"Copsucker"
http://www.mydisplayimage.com/blog/premium/anim_blowjob.gif

MelissaCato
09-19-2014, 10:42 AM
What uniform & patch (http://www.fbi.gov/philadelphia/press-releases/2014/alleged-shooter-of-two-pennsylvania-state-troopers-added-to-fbis-ten-most-wanted-fugitives-list) is the shooter wearing in this picture ? Doesn't look American to me. :cool:

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-19-2014, 10:52 AM
When law enforcement officers are violently targeted, we take it seriously—and personally,” said SAC Hanko.
The FBI is offering a reward of up to $100,000 for information leading directly to the arrest of Eric Matthew Frein.

$100,000. Wonder how that compares to someone else.

“The FBI is committed to finding this suspect, keeping the public safe,...

Frein does not appear to be interested in the public.

SeanTX
09-19-2014, 11:06 AM
On another forum I saw someone local to the situation who posted complaining about how this shooter was totally disrupting their lives with school closings, road closings, checkpoints, events being canceled, etc.

Uh, I don't think the shooter is responsible for that -- it's the LEOs who are being total control freaks and not wanting to let a "crisis" go to waste, and they're on a vendetta to get somebody who killed someone in their gang.

Plus it's lots of sweet overtime $$$ for them, along with a chance to condition the public to accept whatever they dish out. Maybe it's stuff like this that motivated the shooter in the first place. People are too stupid to see that it's the police state disrupting their lives, not the shooter.

phill4paul
09-19-2014, 11:14 AM
What uniform & patch (http://www.fbi.gov/philadelphia/press-releases/2014/alleged-shooter-of-two-pennsylvania-state-troopers-added-to-fbis-ten-most-wanted-fugitives-list) is the shooter wearing in this picture ? Doesn't look American to me. :cool:

The suspect in last week's fatal ambush outside a rural Pennsylvania State Police barracks belonged to a 'military simulation unit' whose members play the role of soldiers from Cold War eastern Europe.
Eric Frein, 31, 'appears to have assumed that role in real life' as he seeks to avoid capture, Lt. Col. George Bivens said.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2758933/Big-break-ambush-probe-suspects-abandoned-SUV.html#ixzz3DmaijJPN
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/09/17/1410985845127_wps_19_NEW_PICS_PA_State_Police_.jpg

phill4paul
09-19-2014, 11:14 AM
dbl post.........

Origanalist
09-19-2014, 11:25 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/18/pa-trooper-ambush/15815453/

Ugh, why don't they just declare a national day of mourning?

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/wpvi/images/cms/314177_1280x720.jpg

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/wpvi/images/cms/314187_1280x720.jpg

http://cdn.abclocal.go.com/content/wpvi/images/cms/314194_1280x720.jpg

http://blogs.thetimes-tribune.com/timescaptured/wp-content/gallery/state-trooper-cpl-bryon-k-dickson-ii-viewing/TT19Funeral8.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/1609749_734853286550028_6970804166172567480_n.jpg? oh=daed437fb034e756963dfd4c01a8c2db&oe=548B4F71&__gda__=1419436010_e058bc1142624fed1f8af40548d6e96 2

http://www.goheroes.us/uploads/3/1/9/3/31932445/9662224_orig.jpg

FloralScent
09-19-2014, 11:43 AM

Pericles
09-19-2014, 03:48 PM

Made up stuff to kinda look Warsaw Pact.

Anti Federalist
09-19-2014, 05:11 PM
$100,000. Wonder how that compares to someone else.

Us Mundanes don't get taxpayer funded rewards to help try and catch people who kill us.

Anti Federalist
09-19-2014, 05:14 PM
So many cops...

The standing army of oppression.

Anti Federalist
09-19-2014, 05:21 PM
"As I did the other day, I'd like to directly address Eric Frein again. "Eric, in the event you are listening to this broadcast on a portable radio, while cowering in some cold damp hiding place — we are coming for you," said Bivens. "And it's only a matter of time until we bring you to justice for this cowardly attack."

False bravado.

Just like the Dorner situation.

The fact is, until the cops burn this man down, (and they will, cyber nickel says he's killed long before an arrest) he can, if he wants to, reach out and touch any one of them as they go about their daily business.

He has the element of surprise, unless cops are willing to retreat to their bunkers and just kill anybody who gets within 100 yards.

RJB
09-19-2014, 06:13 PM
unless cops are willing to retreat to their bunkers and just kill anybody who gets within 100 yards.

You alarmist. That would never happen.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef017ee85cb1e4970d-640wi

squarepusher
09-19-2014, 07:19 PM
You alarmist. That would never happen.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/.a/6a00d8341c630a53ef017ee85cb1e4970d-640wi

grey nissan titan!!

Christian Liberty
09-19-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm surprised nobody has quoted Cantwell yet (note: I do not agree with him.)

aGameOfThrones
09-19-2014, 09:05 PM
I'm surprised nobody has quoted Cantwell yet (note: I do not agree with him.)

post 20? he is kinda right.

GunnyFreedom
09-19-2014, 09:20 PM

http://www.recoilweb.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/AR-10-Super-SASS-618x412.jpg

This one will get you 10 round mags in .30-06

http://reho.st/http://www.benelliusa.com/sites/default/files/styles/firearm_1004/public/originals/product-firearms/r1-big-game-rifle-apg.png?itok=G5Sc0Swu

GunnyFreedom
09-19-2014, 09:37 PM
grey nissan titan!!

It's coming right for us!!!

Christian Liberty
09-19-2014, 09:39 PM
post 20? he is kinda right.

I had this one in mind: http://www.christophercantwell.com/2014/09/14/pa-troopers-got-easy/

fisharmor
09-19-2014, 11:12 PM
I had this one in mind: http://www.christophercantwell.com/2014/09/14/pa-troopers-got-easy/

Well for the official NSA record, I do not in any way agree with or endorse anything Cantwell wrote in that article.

aGameOfThrones
09-20-2014, 01:35 PM
Authorities wearing bulletproof vests and carrying heavy rifles fanned out Saturday in the neighborhood around the home of a man suspected in the fatal shooting of a Pennsylvania State Police trooper, exercising extreme caution as they combed a heavily wooded area for a suspect described as a self-taught survivalist.

Although Eric Frein isn't in custody, "our troopers are determined to find him and bring him to justice," said state police spokeswoman Maria Finn.

"Due to the violent nature of his crimes, extreme precautionary measures are being taken," Finn said.

Police did not release details of their search, including how big of an area they are checking, whether they have Frein surrounded or how much longer it will be before residents can move about freely.

Authorities closed roads in the wooded neighborhood of Barrett Township, in the Pocono Mountains about 100 miles north of Philadelphia, and issued a shelter-in-place warning to residents as they sought a man they said had a grudge against law enforcement and government.

Gunfire was reported around Friday night but authorities have not discussed that report, including if there were any injuries.

State police told residents in the townships of Price and Barrett to stay inside and asked others not to travel to the area because of heavy police activity. Some who had been kept away were allowed to return to their homes Saturday morning.

With dozens of homes on lockdown, Andrew Killinger and Kerriann Sanders had to make alternate wedding plans.

The wedding was supposed to be at their home, but Killinger left Friday evening to pick up the food and, when he returned, police would not let him back in. He spent the night in his sport utility vehicle while Sanders spent a nerve-wracking night at home with their 2-year-old daughter.

The couple got the wedding rescheduled at nearby Pocono Manor on Saturday, and Sanders persuaded local authorities to send a police cruiser to pick her up and drive her and her daughter out of the neighborhood. Police told the couple nothing about what is happening.

"They're keeping it hush-hush," Killinger said.

Joe Ksiaskiewicz tried to pass through a roadblock to get home late Saturday morning, but was stopped by officers.

Ksiaskiewicz said the officers told him it was a "critical time" and would not let him pass. He had hoped to get through to be with his 27-year-old daughter, Ellen, who was stuck at home while he and his wife spent the night with their older daughter because they couldn't enter their neighborhood.

"She's ready to be done," Ann Winner said of her sister. "She's been listening to helicopters all night."

Canadensis resident Richard Barry couldn't get home from work Friday night before the roadblocks went up. Barry said Saturday morning that he heard from family members who were at home and they told him police were going through their yard and the dog was barking.

Worried about his family, he said he preferred to wait near police in hopes of hearing something rather than staying overnight at the firehouse.

"I'm hoping that sooner or later he (Frein) just says 'I give up. You win,'" Barry said.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-hunker-ambush-suspects-woods-25641205

presence
09-20-2014, 02:03 PM

Remmington 750 woodmaster in 308 winchester could certainly get off 30 shots in short order.

$1000

http://cdn2.armslist.com/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2011/08/15/178240_01_remington_742_woodsman_308_640.jpg

It probably won't last weeks in muddy trenches but in a pinch it'll do just fine

Anti Federalist
09-20-2014, 02:21 PM
When did cops gain the right to arrest and restrain whole towns?

phill4paul
09-20-2014, 02:28 PM

Dunno. Pretty sure it was instituted in xx B.C. when discovered that "Might makes right." Wasn't there a town recently when the cops marked everyone's hand with an "X" once they had presented their papers.

aGameOfThrones
09-20-2014, 02:35 PM

Mundane on Mundane murder doesn't get closed roads like this.

Christian Liberty
09-20-2014, 02:51 PM
Well for the official NSA record, I do not in any way agree with or endorse anything Cantwell wrote in that article.

I don't agree with him either, but are statements of emotional feeling criminal now? Because that's basically all it was.

phill4paul
09-20-2014, 03:01 PM
I don't agree with him either, but are statements of emotional feeling criminal now? Because that's basically all it was.

As the OP of post #20 I'm in agreement with Cantwell. Otherwise I probably would not have posted it. In my world cops ARE the enemy that they see ME as. I don't steal from them, I don't kidnap them, I don't imprison them, I don't rape or torture them, I don't beat them and I don't kill them indiscriminately. Yet, that happens everyday to people that are not unlike me. These individuals that allow it just don't have my resolve. Gawd save the pig that does any of these things to someone I care about.

fr33
09-20-2014, 11:58 PM
So they haven't got him yet? Last night the google news feed said they had him trapped in a house and exchanging fire. Tonight that same feed says their are still looking for him. I wish him luck and the hope that he doesn't endanger anyone else that is not a LEO.

aGameOfThrones
09-21-2014, 07:46 AM
Local residents celebrate Thank a Police Officer Day despite deadly manhunt

By Cristen Manion, Multi Media Producer - email

CANADENSIS, Pa. - In the midst of a dangerous manhunt, local residents celebrated "Thank A Police Officer Day" Saturday.
The recent ambush of a Pennsylvania State Troopers barracks left police searching for Eric Frein, 31, who is accused of killing one officer and wounding another.

Citizens in local communities took time to thank policemen on the national day to show gratitude to officers who often do a thankless job.

Locally, many folks say they recognize the work police do to help keep them and the community safe.

Brianna Stefansky, from Shapsville, PA, said, "We don't know the danger they go through on a daily basis and what they put their lives on the line for, so everyone should give them a thanks, and not judge them or criticize them for the way they handle things."

In Warren, a recent drug bust highlighted the dangers police must deal with, including crimes involving shoot outs taking place involving more firepower.

Other area police departments say they also face dangerous calls on a regular basis.

Joe Lofaro from Brookfield said, "Parents should teach their children to respect police. They buried a cop the other day from PA, it's disgusting. Why shoot someone who is innocent, who has family, just because they don't like cops? It should be the opposite- police are here to protect people."

"I think cops should be respected. They should be thanked for what they do. They do have a very risky job," said Lofaro.

Meanwhile, communities in Pennsylvania remain on edge as they move back in to their homes.

Police closed off a community for two nights in a row in order to search for Frein, who was allegedly living with his parents.

http://www.wfmj.com/story/26586061/local-residents-celebrate-thank-a-police-officer-day-despite-deadly-manhunt

tod evans
09-21-2014, 04:29 PM
"Parents should teach their children to respect police."

Sorry dude I love my kid, he gets the truth.

Anti Federalist
09-21-2014, 04:35 PM
So they haven't got him yet? Last night the google news feed said they had him trapped in a house and exchanging fire. Tonight that same feed says their are still looking for him. I wish him luck and the hope that he doesn't endanger anyone else that is not a LEO.

By far and away, the biggest threat to the "civilians" in the area are the thousands of amped up cops, frantically hut hutting about, looking to get their killing on.

(insert Thank You Police picture here)

Christian Liberty
09-21-2014, 05:10 PM
I certainly hope Cantwell wasn't planning on flying anywhere in the near future.

Can they actually stop him from flying for expressing emotion? How would they justify that?

Cantwell is an idiot, he is as bad as any statist. How can he assume the killer was no villain? This enemy of my enemy is my friend stuff is retarded. Cop killers make the public sympathize more with the cops. Just as suicide bombers make their victims countrymen more patriotic.

Cantwell isn't quite as bad as a statist, but I agree that he is definitely the black sheep of the liberty movement.

Christian Liberty
09-21-2014, 05:11 PM
Sorry dude I love my kid, he gets the truth.

You're awesome.

Christian Liberty
09-21-2014, 05:12 PM
How did I miss post #20?

Anti Federalist
09-21-2014, 05:25 PM
often do a thankless job

Millions of people do even more thankless and dangerous jobs everyday, that are much more necessary to the functioning of a complex society, than cops.

And they do not get "Official State Days Of Mourning" and ejaculations of copsucking when they get killed on the job.

Wolfgang Bohringer
09-21-2014, 06:01 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/police-hunker-ambush-suspects-woods-25641205

"They're keeping it hush-hush," Killinger said.

I like how the occupying army doesn't trust the natives to know anything about what they're up to. Its like any other of their military operations in occupied Iraq or Afghanistan. Sure, the TV says they're bringing democracy. But on the ground the the soldiers despise the "Hajis" who they all know are actually hiding and supporting the turrurists.

Anti Federalist
09-23-2014, 12:22 AM
http://oi57.tinypic.com/23qyrg7.jpg

The Goat
09-23-2014, 07:47 AM
http://oi57.tinypic.com/23qyrg7.jpg

http://www.usmbooks.com/images/DANKT/DankenDir2b.jpg

FάHRER,
WIR DANKEN DIR! ....
(ADOLF HITLER,
WE THANK YOU! ....)

SeanTX
09-23-2014, 04:06 PM
A law firm is offering to help residents who feel their rights have been violated during all of this, and a cop/copsucker comments : "bakerdude 4 minutes ago -- This is disgraceful, and why lawyers get a bad rap. Because some of them deserve it. I hope this law firm loses business as a result of this, but they probably don't have much in the first place."

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/09/law_firm_targets_pennsylvania.html

Law firm targets Pennsylvania State Police for handling of Eric Frein manhunt

Nick Falsone | The Express-Times By Nick Falsone | The Express-Times
on September 23, 2014 at 5:08 PM, updated September 23, 2014 at 5:51 PM

A law firm is soliciting residents in Pike and Monroe counties who have been affected by police activity related to the manhunt for Eric Frein, the suspect in the Sept. 12 Pennsylvania State Police ambush that left one trooper dead and wounded another.

Joshua Prince, of the Bechtelsville, Pa.-based Prince Law Offices, posted a message on the firm's website Monday night encouraging residents to contact the firm if they believe their rights have been violated by police during the search for Frein, who is sought in the shooting outside the state police Blooming Grove barracks in Pike County.

"If you are a resident of Pike or Monroe County and had your rights violated by the (Pennsylvania State Police), either by unlawfully evicting you from your home or searching your vehicle without a warrant, please contact us to discuss your legal options," the message says.

Prince, in his message, cites media reports of police checking vehicles without warrants or probable cause and not allowing residents to return to their homes during periods of the search.

snip

"During our search operations in the area, we have been diligent in respecting the rights of the public while working hard to keep both residents and law enforcement safe," Trooper Adam Reed said.

snip

Anti Federalist
09-23-2014, 05:43 PM
and a cop/copsucker comments : "bakerdude 4 minutes ago -- This is disgraceful, and why lawyers get a bad rap. Because some of them deserve it. I hope this law firm loses business as a result of this, but they probably don't have much in the first place."

I hope they set up a pro bono fund that I can contribute to.

Copsuckers...SMMFH

phill4paul
09-23-2014, 05:45 PM
Hasn't he made it longer than Dorner?

tod evans
09-23-2014, 05:46 PM
Hasn't he made it longer than Dorner?

I hope he keeps making it.

Christian Liberty
09-23-2014, 07:47 PM
I hope he keeps making it.

Why?

HVACTech
09-23-2014, 08:17 PM
Why?

this is a clear demonstration of how far "they" are above us.

mundane.

aGameOfThrones
09-23-2014, 09:04 PM
I may give a fuck when one of them gets murdered when police stop getting away with murder, rape, kidnappings, theft, torture and beatings, but until then....

http://i.imgur.com/g11PY.gif

Christian Liberty
09-23-2014, 09:10 PM
this is a clear demonstration of how far "they" are above us.

mundane.

I don't understand how this relates to my question.

I feel like I'm completely alone in my views on police on here. I'm caught between the hardcore Cantwellites and the people who actually believe in the whole "good cop" myth...

FloralScent
09-23-2014, 10:07 PM
So he was "planning this for months, maybe years" and he left the cops a gift-wrapped stash of evidence in a half submerged truck.

Philhelm
09-23-2014, 10:13 PM
Who here hasn't logged in for several days?

tod evans
09-24-2014, 02:36 AM
Why?

I feel like I'm completely alone in my views on police on here. I'm caught between the hardcore Cantwellites and the people who actually believe in the whole "good cop" myth...

I do not share your views that there can be innocent members of a group who has openly declared war on the citizenry.

The public will probably never be permitted to hear this guys justification for fighting back instead he'll be painted as a psychotic killer of an elite..

I instinctively gravitate to the opinion that the dead kop was targeted for a reason and that reason is probably because of a life or lives he ruined in his quest to suck the states tit.

fr33
09-25-2014, 10:52 PM
Still not caught. Almost 2 weeks of evading. They have about a thousand men searching for him but he has them so scared, due to their training, that they can't catch him. Imagine if a dozen of him were out there...

Let the "peacekeepers" have a turn at the "hunger games".

CPUd
09-25-2014, 11:06 PM
Who here hasn't logged in for several days?

We thought it might be kathy88, but she is a woman, and has been active on facebook.

Anti Federalist
09-25-2014, 11:31 PM
I don't understand how this relates to my question.

You may be.

What, exactly, is your question?

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-26-2014, 01:40 AM
“We are aware of some conversations … it’s clear that he has been planning this for some time. I really don’t want to go beyond that with specifics about what he has told other people but it is very clear to us that he has held these beliefs, I just think other people didn’t think he would act on this.”

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/21/pennsylvania-police-gun-eric-frein-manhunt

Why not the specifics? :rolleyes:

limequat
09-26-2014, 06:23 AM
Noonan confirmed that one trooper was killed and the other was injured and taken to Geisinger Medical Center in Scranton, where he was in stable condition after undergoing surgery.

He provided few details on the shooting but said the attack seemed to be directed at state police.
"This has been an emotional night for all of us," Noonan told reporters.

Pennsylvania's attorney general on Thursday identified top state officials who received pornographic emails on government computers, reversing course after a long-running fight with reporters who sought the release of the information.

All of the officials named by Attorney General Kathleen Kane served under Governor Tom Corbett when he was attorney general and his successor, Linda Kelly.

The list includes two current officials in the Republican governor's administration: Frank Noonan, the commander of the Pennsylvania State Police, and E. Christopher Abruzzo, the state's top environmental official.

Maybe Franky is too busy relaxing to find this Gustavo Freen character. Oops, I mean Eric Frein.

Anti Federalist
09-26-2014, 12:35 PM
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/sep/21/pennsylvania-police-gun-eric-frein-manhunt

Because he might have stated legitimate grievances...

Wolfgang Bohringer
09-26-2014, 01:01 PM

Officer Safety--ok? Now, go back inside your house and you will be notified when you're allowed to look out your windows.

SeanTX
09-26-2014, 01:08 PM
Because he might have stated legitimate grievances...

A few years back here in TX (in Mansfield I think) some young guy rigged up his SUV to explode and fired off over 100 rounds at the police station there. No Heroes were harmed, and I think they either took him out or he did it himself.

It was kind of a weird news story at the time because it seemed like they were going out of their way to keep it hush hush. I've always wondered if maybe the guy had some serious grievances with the local PD that they just didn't want to get out there (thus possibly encouraging others to do the same).

devil21
09-26-2014, 09:18 PM
A possible motive for retribution to Trooper Friendly is revealed. Sleeping with other men's wives usually doesn't end well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2771034/Police-hunting-survivalist-cop-killer-search-haunted-hotel-used-MTV-show.html

As MailOnline exclusively reported on Thursday, Frein may have believed Douglass, 31, was having an affair with the fugitive's sister-in-law Melissa Frein.

Melissa Frein lives less than half a mile away from Douglass in Olyphant, Pennsylvania and police admit the two knew each other. They say they aggressively interviewed Melissa about rumors of an affair but say they now do not believe the two were involved.

I don't think that transgression deserves a death sentence but it would explain why the police aren't concerned about the general public being harmed.

fr33
09-26-2014, 09:34 PM
I don't think that transgression deserves a death sentence but it would explain why the police aren't concerned about the general public being harmed.

If I lived in the area I wouldn't be worried about Frein. I'd be worried about the cops trespassing or possibly shooting me. A man that targets only police is not my enemy.

Christian Liberty
09-26-2014, 10:44 PM
A possible motive for retribution to Trooper Friendly is revealed. Sleeping with other men's wives usually doesn't end well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2771034/Police-hunting-survivalist-cop-killer-search-haunted-hotel-used-MTV-show.html

But could the combination of being a cop AND having an affair bring things up to that level?

devil21
09-27-2014, 02:05 AM
But could the combination of being a cop AND having an affair bring things up to that level?

Trooper played a dumb game and won a dumb prize.

The shelter-in-place martial law exercise lockdowns and civil rights violations of the people in the area are the most egregious violations.

aGameOfThrones
09-28-2014, 03:30 PM
who is the terrorist?

Manhunt for Frein escalates around Snow Hill Falls neighborhood near state forest

http://media.philly.com/images/20140928_inq_strooper28-b.JPG

Laura MCCrystal, Inquirer Staff Writer

Posted: Sunday, September 28, 2014, 11:19 AM

PRICE TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- The manhunt for Eric Frein appears to have narrowed to a wooded area bordering a state forest, where residents have once again been advised to stay home as troopers patrol on foot and helicopters circle overhead.

Police presence that intensified Saturday afternoon escalated Sunday morning in a rural neighborhood here, where residents live on lots of several acres off dirt roads. Frein, charged with killing a state trooper and wounding another, continues to evade capture after more than two weeks in the Poconos woods.

The focused search includes the back yard of 61-year-old Pat Snively, who said helicopters hovered so low to the ground near her home that trees swayed wildly in the wind and she could see the faces of the pilots.

"It looked like Black Hawk Down, those helicopters," she said.

Snively and her neighbors also lost power for several hours Saturday evening. PPL Electric reported that 78 customers lost power in the area; state police could not confirm that the outage was caused by wind from the helicopters.

The search appeared to be centered in the woods just behind Snively's home. Her grandchildren were playing in her back yard yesterday afternoon when an armed trooper in camouflage signaled to her son.

The trooper advised them to take the children inside -- and stay there. A man who believed to be Eric Frein had been spotted in the woods behind their home, the trooper told them, but he had run away.

Trooper Adam Reed said he "can't provide information on the possibility of recent sightings," but confirmed that the police were focusing their search on the Snow Hill Falls neighborhood, where Snively lives.

As the search enters a third week, many residents have attempted to resume their normal routines. But the nearly 1,000 law enforcement officers who have descended on the woods in Monroe and Pike counties have shown no sign of stopping the search. By Sunday morning, Snively said more state troopers were arriving in white vans, and police cruisers lined the road.

"I don't mind, as long as they catch him," she said.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/20140929_Manhunt_for_Frein_escalates_around_Snow_H ill_Falls_neighborhood_near_state_forest.html

Anti Federalist
09-28-2014, 04:28 PM

Yep, yep, yep, yep, yep...I honestly wonder, what would Boobus mind?

Anti Federalist
09-28-2014, 04:29 PM
As the search enters a third week, many residents have attempted to resume their normal routines. But the nearly 1,000 law enforcement officers who have descended on the woods in Monroe and Pike counties have shown no sign of stopping the search. By Sunday morning, Snively said more state troopers were arriving in white vans, and police cruisers lined the road.

One man, two shots fired.

1(2)...x...1000 = ?

Anti Federalist
09-28-2014, 04:33 PM
????

Where are the apologists in this thread?

Just noticed...

Danke
09-28-2014, 04:38 PM
????

Where are the apologists in this thread?

Just noticed...

You scared them away.

RJB
09-28-2014, 04:40 PM
You scared them away.

It was not just the machete but the look in his eyes.

aGameOfThrones
09-28-2014, 04:46 PM
mundane kills 1 cop = a 1000 men manhunt

cop kills 1 mundane = a 1000 men coverup

Anti Federalist
09-28-2014, 05:32 PM
mundane kills 1 cop = a 1000 men manhunt

cop kills 1 mundane = a 1000 men coverup

Funny, how that works, isn't it?

SeanTX
09-30-2014, 02:43 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/police-say-alleged-cop-killer-eric-frein-planted-pipe-bombs-n215131

Police Say Alleged Cop-Killer Eric Frein Planted Pipe Bombs

Authorities Confirm Eric Frein Left Behind Pipe Bombs
NBC News

Police hunting for accused cop-killer Eric Frein found two "fully functional" pipe bombs in the Pennsylvania woods. State Police Lt. Col. George Bivens said the explosives could have been detonated by a tripwire or lighted fuse, which he said was consistent with Frein's "gutless efforts to kill and injure law enforcement from a distance." At a Tuesday news conference, Bivens said search teams have also found other supplies that Frein "hastily" left behind but declined to describe them.

"I am calling on you, Eric, to surrender," Bivens said, directly addressing the fugitive, who is on the FBI's most-wanted list with $175,000 in reward money offered for his capture. "You are clearly stressed. You are making significant mistakes." At the same time, he acknowledged the difficult terrain has prevented police from getting close enough to Frein to capture him after he's been sighted.

snip

limequat
09-30-2014, 02:52 PM
"I am calling on you, Eric, to surrender," Bivens said

...because 1000 LEO getting paid overtime can't find this one dude.

Root
09-30-2014, 02:57 PM
I'm so glad they can't find this guy. I wonder if he studied how/where Dorner went wrong.

Run Eric Run!!

limequat
09-30-2014, 03:05 PM
I wonder what Frein's plan is...

Pick them off one by one until he dies? Or just evade capture as long as possible? Seems to be the latter.

fisharmor
09-30-2014, 03:05 PM
So, what kind of tree can you plug a TV into, so that Frein would have been able to hear Bivens calling for him to surrender?

The utter stupidity of law enforcers is only topped by the stupidity of those who can't see it.

limequat
09-30-2014, 03:06 PM
Oh, and I like how the media is concerned he might be armed. He might even have an AK47!. An AK that shoots .308, lol!

limequat
09-30-2014, 03:07 PM
So, what kind of tree can you plug a TV into, so that Frein would have been able to hear Bivens calling for him to surrender?

The utter stupidity of law enforcers is only topped by the stupidity of those who can't see it.

They think he has a radio.

I wonder if the reason they're having such trouble is because people are calling in bad tips.
I bet some jerk-offs are calling in Frein sightings in South Carolina. I hope it's not any of you RPFers. That wouldn't be cool.

phill4paul
09-30-2014, 03:08 PM
"gutless efforts to kill and injure law enforcement from a distance."

Does the Lt. Col. use the word "gutless" when referring to the tactics of the men and women in the U.S. armed services?

limequat
09-30-2014, 03:12 PM
Does the Lt. Col. use the word "gutless" when referring to the tactics of the men and women in the U.S. armed services?

Sigh...that's not fair.

What he means that it would be much more manly to bust into their houses in the middle of the night and assault their children. I mean, that's what their brethren did in Georgia right?

Or maybe he means that it would be better to shoot them while they're not armed, like they did John Crawford?

Or maybe they mean that it would be better to shoot their wives in the head like they did Miriam Carey?

fisharmor
09-30-2014, 03:13 PM
I bet some jerk-offs are calling in Frein sightings in South Carolina. I hope it's not any of you RPFers. That wouldn't be cool.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-30-2014, 04:40 PM
Two bombs planted? Sounds dubious. True or lying?

They sight this guy and can't run him down? LOL. I live in the same mountain range. They act like it's the Himalayas.

Wonder who sighted Bigfoot today?

RJB
09-30-2014, 05:04 PM
They sight this guy and can't run him down? LOL. I live in the same mountain range. They act like it's the Himalayas.

Wonder who sighted Bigfoot today?

Yeah, I don't buy that either. They have 1000 cops, dogs, helicopters with optics for seeing heat, God knows what else. I would bet he is not in that area.

They're hallucinating on a dangerous combo of propaganda, 'roids, and adrenalin.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
09-30-2014, 05:11 PM
Maybe they should hire one of those mystic-swami-somethings and summon Chris Kyle's ghost.

aGameOfThrones
09-30-2014, 06:30 PM
Yeah, I don't buy that either. They have 1000 cops, dogs, helicopters with optics for seeing heat, God knows what else. I would bet he is not in that area.

They're hallucinating on a dangerous combo of propaganda, 'roids, and adrenalin.

The Predator had all those things, but a muddy Arnold still managed to kick his ass

SeanTX
09-30-2014, 10:03 PM
It looks like PA state troopers took out one of their own in a "training accident." I'm sure it will be added to the statistics, to inflate the "death by gunshot" count.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GUN_TRAINING_TROOPER_SHOT?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-09-30-23-28-22

Sep 30, 11:28 PM EDT

Pennsylvania trooper shot dead during gun training

CONSHOHOCKEN, Pa. (AP) -- A state trooper was accidentally shot during a gun training exercise at a safety facility on Tuesday and later died.

Trooper David Kedra was shot in the chest during a yearly training exercise at the Montgomery County Public Safety Training Complex in Conshohocken, near Philadelphia, state police said. He's the second trooper to be shot dead this month following Cpl. Bryon Dickson's death in an ambush on Sept. 12.

Kedra, 26, was flown by helicopter to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead. He had been a member of the Pennsylvania State Police since June 2012.

snip

The shooting remains under investigation, and state police didn't disclose many details about it.

snip

XNavyNuke
10-09-2014, 08:30 PM
Halloween events postponed due to manhunt. Boogity, boogity!

http://www.pahomepage.com/story/d/story/manhunt-causes-halloween-event-postponements-cance/15363/CuxS3MCkfky5OyPXNdjRXA

. Megliola said safety was one reason. Police rushing to respond to a Frein sighting could accidentally hurt someone. Having a large crowd gathered across a wide area could be tempting for anyone plotting an attack. Streets full of costumed characters could provide an easy way for the suspect in hiding to blend in and sneak away.

XNN

Anti Federalist
10-09-2014, 08:50 PM
Police rushing to respond to a Frein sighting could accidentally hurt someone.

That, more than anything else.

Funny, there never seems to be any concern about thousands of cops hut hutting around and running people down when one of us gets shot.

Why is that, you suppose?

Oh, I know why...because there are not thousands of cops hut hutting about when one of us gets shot.

Some animals more equal than others, indeed.

GunnyFreedom
10-09-2014, 10:31 PM
That, more than anything else.

Funny, there never seems to be any concern about thousands of cops hut hutting around and running people down when one of us gets shot.

some animals are more equal than others.

DamianTV
10-10-2014, 11:40 AM
some animals are more equal than others.

As soon as that starts happening, there an be no Rule of Law of Equal Men.

aGameOfThrones
10-10-2014, 01:33 PM
Not enough cops or resources to be everywhere, to stop every crime, to solve every murder, but.... There are exceptions.

presence
10-11-2014, 12:13 PM
I suspect EVERYTHING found in the woods from soiled diapers, to tuna cans, to the note:

"He dropped. I was surprised at how quick. I took a follow-up shot on his head and neck area. He was still and quiet after that."

...was dropped BEFORE the shooting purposefully to keep the investigation focused on the poconos while Frein dipped out.

Anti Federalist
10-18-2014, 01:02 PM
And in other, forgotten, news...

Pennsylvania police spot mud-covered, rifling-wielding Eric Frein; accused cop killer evades capture again: report

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/pa-police-spot-eric-frein-carrying-rifle-covered-mud-article-1.1979017

Pennsylvania police caught another glimpse of an at-large accused cop killer, but they still haven't caught him.

Investigators said they spotted an armed man in a rural part of Paradise Township Saturday, a source told CNN.

He was wearing all black, and his face was covered in mud.

phill4paul
10-18-2014, 01:16 PM

Pennsylvania police spot mud-covered, rifling-wielding Eric Frein; accused cop killer evades capture again: report

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/pa-police-spot-eric-frein-carrying-rifle-covered-mud-article-1.1979017

Pennsylvania police caught another glimpse of an at-large accused cop killer, but they still haven't caught him.

Investigators said they spotted an armed man in a rural part of Paradise Township Saturday, a source told CNN.

They just published a photo!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Smalfut.jpg

Anti Federalist
10-18-2014, 01:25 PM
They just published a photo!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/25/Smalfut.jpg

I was thinking:

http://www.worldaffairsboard.com/attachments/central-south-asia/30694d1352734071-apache-attack-predator-mud.jpg

KCIndy
10-18-2014, 02:39 PM
Frein has dodged police numerous times during his five weeks on the lam. They've spotted him several times in a 5-square-mile area of Northeast Pennsylvania. He was always too far away, and police could not get to him through the difficult terrain, they said.

Last month, officers discovered Frein's campsite and a journal he used to detail the killing, but the suspect was nowhere to be found.

The manhunt costs police about $1.1 million a week.

Let's imagine this guy had shot a school teacher. Or a bus driver. Or a doctor. Or a waitress. Or an office manager. Or....

Does anyone seriously believe this search would have lasted past the first week, if even that long??

Occam's Banana
10-18-2014, 02:50 PM
A list for your consideration:

- Aiyana Jones
- Kelly Thomas
- Jose Guerena
- Eric Garner
- etc.
- etc.
- etc.

Nothing is going to change - in fact, things are only going to get worse - until "mundanes" at large (and not just us "anti-government" malcontents) start reacting to the murders on the list above the same way that cops reacted in the article below ...

Thousands mourn slain trooper

SCRANTON, Pa. — Thousands of state troopers and police from around the country turned out in northeastern Pennsylvania Thursday to mourn a slain fellow trooper even as other officers intensified the search for his elusive killer.

Eric Matthew Frein, described by authorities as an anti-government survivalist, faces first-degree murder and other charges.

More than 1,000 fellow officers — including state troopers and police from New York, New Jersey, Chicago, and Minnesota — stood in formation.shoulder to shoulder, in front of the church.

The flag-draped coffin of the 38-year-old former Marine was carried through the streets in a silver hearse in a procession led by hundreds of officers on motorcycles, their red and blue lights flashing.

From the altar, Father Thomas Muldowney, Pennsylvania State Police chaplain, told the congregation, "We gather here in sorrow, disbelief and anger. But most importantly we gather here in faith."

He then raised the "singular question" that he said was on everyone's mind: "Why did this heinous act of violence take place?" He asked why there are evil people in the world "who do not respect human life."

While Muldowney said Dickson's death might beg the question as to whether God exists, he called on them to take note that "Bryon's life was truly a gift from God himself."

"Although our hearts today are heavy with grief, may we celebrate a life well-lived and find peace as we remember the many happy and special times that we shared with our fellow brother," he said. "May we believe that he is in a place where he will continue to watch over us as we move forward."

Gov. Tom Corbett was among those in attendance. Thousands of others mourned at Dickson's solemn viewing Wednesday in the rotunda of Marywood University in Scranton.

Meghan Barbour, 32, has been on the Pennsylvania force almost 10 years. She serves in the Harrisburg barracks and, like the vast majority of officers here, didn't know Dickson.

"Every officer out there, they are my brothers and my sisters'," she said. "We are all committed to finding him. We are not afraid. We will not back down."

State Police Maj. Joseph Reed, one of hundreds of law enforcement officers here for the funeral, said he did not know Dickson personally. But he knew his work.

"He was an outstanding performer," said Reed, 56, who commands a post two hours south of here. "Every officer is touched by the tragedy. We're sad at the loss of a brother, but also determined to catch his killer."

"There have been a lot of concerns expressed about community safety and specifically the safety of our children attending schools in the area," State Police Lt. Col. George Bivens said. "While we can never completely rule out an act of violence, I am convinced that Frein has engaged in a personal battle with law enforcement, specifically the Pennsylvania State Police, and will likely stay focused on that fight."

tod evans
10-18-2014, 02:52 PM
A list for your consideration:

- Aiyana Jones
- Kelly Thomas
- Jose Guerena
- Eric Garner
- etc.
- etc.
- etc.

Nothing is going to change - in fact, things are only going to get worse - until "mundanes" at large (and not just us "anti-government" malcontents) start reacting to the murders on the list above the same way that cops reacted in the article below ...

Never forget it was them what declared war on their countrymen..........

KCIndy
10-18-2014, 03:00 PM
I don't live in PA, but doesn't deer season begin about now? I wonder if this woman saw Frein, or if it was a deer hunter who had strayed into the area.

Occam's Banana
10-18-2014, 03:00 PM
The word that best describes Dickson is "impeccable," Cpl. Derek Felsman said during his eulogy. Felsman said his best friend took perfect care of his wife, crafted flawless wood toys for his two sons and always wore a crisp and spotless uniform with gleaming leather boots and belt.

Yeah, well, I know about some other "impeccable" officers who always wore crisp and spotless uniforms with gleaming leather boots and belt.

http://geocitiessites.com/Vienna/Strasse/8514/ss_officers.gif

Hell, I'll bet they even loved their wives and children, too ...

Anti Federalist
10-18-2014, 03:07 PM
I don't live in PA, but doesn't deer season begin about now? I wonder if this woman saw Frein, or if it was a deer hunter who had strayed into the area.

Hunting has been banned in the area.

tod evans
10-18-2014, 03:13 PM
Hunting has been banned in the area.

No meat for the paupers whilst one who has affronted the king remains free......

Occam's Banana
10-18-2014, 03:29 PM
Joe Lofaro from Brookfield said, "Parents should teach their children to respect police. They buried a cop the other day from PA, it's disgusting. Why shoot someone who is innocent, who has family, just because they don't like cops? It should be the opposite- police are here to protect people."
http://www.wfmj.com/story/26586061/local-residents-celebrate-thank-a-police-officer-day-despite-deadly-manhunt

Yeah? Well, they buried Jose Guerena and little Aiyana Jones, too. How disgusted were you by that, Lofaro?

"Why shoot someone who is innocent (Aiyana Jones, Jose Guerena, etc.), who has family, just because they aren't cops?"

Who wants to bet me that that this asshole wouldn't just dismiss that question with more excuses and copsuckery?

fr33
10-18-2014, 10:55 PM

Damn. I was hoping he was no longer in the area they think he's at. He still could be though.

phill4paul
10-19-2014, 10:04 AM
A bill headed to Gov. Tom Corbett's desk would give police officers from other states the power to arrest alleged cop killer Eric Frien if they track him down within Pennsylvania borders.

According to a report on pennlive.com, the state Senate on Thursday unanimously passed a bill that would extend the arrest powers to out-of-state officers when the governor has declared an emergency and it would remain in effect until the disaster emergency declaration is terminated.

The House already passed the bill so it now awaits Corbett's signature.

A Corbett spokesman told pennlive.com an emergency was declared in the manhunt for Frein, who is charged in fatal shooting of state police Cpl. Bryon Dickson and wounding of Trooper Alex Douglass outside the Blooming Grove Township state police barracks in Pike County on Sept. 12.

Officers from New Jersey and New York have been assisting in the search for Frein, but do not legally have the authority to arrest him; the bill on Corbett's desk would change that.

A public information officer for the Pennsylvania State Police says the bill is a "common sense solution," according to the pennlive.com report.

The Corbett spokesman told the website the governor is reviewing the bill and has 10 days to sign it.

The search for Frein focusing on the Pike-Monroe county border is entering its 35th day on Friday.

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/breaking-news/index.ssf/2014/10/eric_frein_manhunt_lawmakers_a.html

Anti Federalist
10-19-2014, 10:15 AM
Officers from New Jersey and New York have been assisting in the search for Frein, but do not legally have the authority to arrest him; the bill on Corbett's desk would change that.

You think that would have stopped any of them from shooting him?

phill4paul
10-19-2014, 10:21 AM
You think that would have stopped any of them from shooting him?

Not at all. They didn't have "arresting powers" so what else were they to do?

Anti Federalist
10-19-2014, 11:23 AM
Not at all. They didn't have "arresting powers" so what else were they to do?

Officer safety would be ensured.

phill4paul
10-19-2014, 11:29 AM
Officer safety would be ensured.

Well, now that it is an official state "emergency" it's about time for the guv'nor to call out the state guard.

tod evans
10-19-2014, 12:52 PM
Well, now that it is an official state "emergency" it's about time for the guv'nor to call out the state guard.

With all the ineffectual press it won't be long until this is declared a national emergency...

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-21-2014, 01:21 AM
Seems a good majority of the ABC news comments go against the lice. People are heavily mocking them. A funny one about Frein getting a haircut in the woods. One or two people said they'd help Frein.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/woman-describes-chilling-moment-spotted-shooting-suspect-eric/story?id=26315673

tod evans
10-21-2014, 04:16 AM
Please send a few more million tax-dollars...:mad:

Police report possible new sighting of ambush suspect Eric Frein

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/10/21/police-report-possible-new-sighting-ambush-suspect-eric-frein/?intcmp=latestnews

Pennsylvania State Police did not recommend that schools close, district spokeswoman Wendy Frable said.

"We would not bring the students in if we did not have reassurance from police they felt the campus was safe," she said Monday morning.

Hours later, as police ramped up their search efforts in the area in response to the latest possible sighting, district officials moved outdoor after-school athletic practices to another campus. And late Monday, the district posted on its website a statement saying students will remain inside on Tuesday.

State police have said they believe Frein, a self-taught survivalist, has a hatred of law enforcement and wants to target police, not the general public.

State police said Monday that blood found at two homes in the search area is not linked to Frein. DNA testing ruled out any link to Frein in blood droplets found on a covered porch in the area. Material found on a back door at a second home near the first turned out not to be human blood.

Police believe Frein could be breaking into vacant cabins or vacation homes to look for food or take shelter.

Pericles
10-21-2014, 09:18 AM
It gets better:

Word is Frein's wife was having an affair with a state trooper, who was the target, and Frein got the wrong one. This is why the state police know the public is in no danger, and there is no interest in taking Frein alive. His story would get embarrassing for at least one state trooper.

pcosmar
10-21-2014, 09:28 AM
Damn. I was hoping he was no longer in the area they think he's at. He still could be though.

And what makes you think this unidentified apparition was Frein?

cuz they said so?

I have no idea where he is,, but it is apparent that he is not hunting cops. (or there would be more down)

I am more inclined to believe there was some reason for him shooting the ones he did,, but that is not being investigated.

pcosmar
10-21-2014, 09:32 AM
It gets better:

Word is Frein's wife was having an affair with a state trooper, who was the target, and Frein got the wrong one.

Got a link? Is there anything to back that or is it just someones speculation?

I suspect it was something,, a reason,, but have no idea of particulars.

FloralScent
10-21-2014, 09:37 AM
Got a link? Is there anything to back that or is it just someones speculation?

I suspect it was something,, a reason,, but have no idea of particulars.

The rumor is, it was Frein's sister-in-law cheatin' on his brother.

Anti Federalist
10-21-2014, 10:06 AM
Remember that scene in V for Vendetta, where he ships a million Guy Fawkes masks out to everybody?

Wonder how much a couple hundred thousand Eric Frein masks would cost?

Christian Liberty
10-21-2014, 11:56 AM
As the OP of post #20 I'm in agreement with Cantwell. Otherwise I probably would not have posted it. In my world cops ARE the enemy that they see ME as. I don't steal from them, I don't kidnap them, I don't imprison them, I don't rape or torture them, I don't beat them and I don't kill them indiscriminately. Yet, that happens everyday to people that are not unlike me. These individuals that allow it just don't have my resolve. Gawd save the pig that does any of these things to someone I care about.

Cantwell and those who agree with him WOULD kill them indiscriminately in retaliation. THat's all I was arguing against. I'm not afraid of Eric Frein but I'm not really sure why you guys are rooting for him...

pcosmar
10-21-2014, 12:29 PM
I'm not afraid of Eric Frein but I'm not really sure why you guys are rooting for him...

I'm not afraid of Eric Frein. And I am not "rooting" for him.

I am questioning the incredibly massive police response to him, and am curious about his motivation.

I believe it is possible that he had a very good reason for what he did. (and even if it was not a good reason, there was/is a reason)

Beyond that,, Police should not exist in a free society. period. the existence of Authoritarian Control Enforcers is only proof that we do NOT live in a free society.

Philhelm
10-21-2014, 01:11 PM
...and Frein got the wrong one.

"Wrong" is such a subjective term though.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-21-2014, 03:21 PM
So, if the extra-marital stuff is true and Frein did it, then this would be more accurately described as somebody who killed a person who was philandering. "Cop killer" sounds emotional, irrelevant, and even inaccurate. If someone shoots the mailman, then they are not described as a "mailman" killer.

I did not see any evidence of Frein being anti-government, hating government, or hating law enforcement. Could be true, but does not seem to be any evidence.

So, it seems to boil down to spending millions of dollars on finding the killer of a philanderer. I'd bet people involved in extra marital affairs get pummeled weekly and a few are even killed. Don't see anything special in the context of the captain's claim that the shooter's action is an attack on everybody. Seems more like a family matter where a specific person might have been targeted for a specific reason. So far, the occupation appears totally irrelevant.

Pericles
10-21-2014, 03:32 PM
The rumor is, it was Frein's sister-in-law cheatin' on his brother.

Anonymous said...Correction is in order. Frien is/was NOT married. It was his Brother's wife who allegedly had the affair with Trooper Douglas. Frien's brother lives near Trooper Douglas. This has been out there since the shooting and has been denied by the State Police. Frien has been unavailable for comment.

Pericles
10-21-2014, 03:33 PM
"Wrong" is such a subjective term though.

OK - not the intended target.

pcosmar
10-21-2014, 03:36 PM
So, if the extra-marital stuff is true

If true it would be a reason. I am not sure if it is true or not.
It may,, also have been for some other legitimate reason.. some reason unknown,, or some reason related to that.

(speculation) perhaps Frein confronted him,,and had words.. and perhaps the cop threatened Frein or his family.

Perhaps there was a damn good reason to kill the bastard.(Justifiable Homicide) but this won't even be investigated,, or even suggested by either police or media.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-21-2014, 03:39 PM
If true it would be a reason. I am not sure if it is true or not.
It may,, also have been for some other legitimate reason.. some reason unknown,, or some reason related to that.

(speculation) perhaps Frein confronted him,,and had words.. and perhaps the cop threatened Frein or his family.

Perhaps there was a damn good reason to kill the bastard.(Justifiable Homicide) but this won't even be investigated,, or even suggested by either police or media.

He'll just be killed if they even get a view of him. No doubt he will be silenced.

pcosmar
10-21-2014, 03:44 PM
OK - not the intended target.

That is not clear either.. as it is speculation and rumor.

Perhaps the one killed had made legitimate threats against Frein.. on behalf of the fellow trooper,, or something else altogether.

two things are clear (despite speculation elsewhere)
1. Frein is not targeting cops randomly,,, or there would be several more bodies lying around.
2. Frein is not a complete idiot, (or he would be a cold body by now)

limequat
10-21-2014, 09:01 PM
So back to the thread title...who is the person of interest? Jeffrey Hudak was mentioned Sep 13, but then disappeared. He's an ex-cop who was debadged after he beat his girlfriend.
http://articles.mcall.com/2004-08-05/news/3557791_1_police-officer-girlfriend-jeffrey-hudak

Did they think he held a grudge for 10 years?

devil21
10-22-2014, 02:35 AM
It's a LEO drill. "Active Shooter Exercise"

FloralScent
10-22-2014, 06:40 AM
It's a LEO drill. "Active Shooter Exercise"

It has to be. Cops 100 years ago would've had this guy within a week.

RJB
10-22-2014, 07:06 AM
I watched the weather channel and they were claiming that the "noreaster" coming in would blow the fall foliage off the trees and make it easier for people in helicopters to spot him.

I'm wondering how many times a helicopter spotter saw Frein carrying a rifle and dressed in cammies and thought he was a cop?

tod evans
10-22-2014, 07:08 AM
Hell yeah!

More helicopters ought to play well on the newz, maybe a few blackhawks?....

RJB
10-22-2014, 07:13 AM
Hell yeah!

More helicopters ought to play well on the newz, maybe a few blackhawks?....

Buzzing 30 feet over the local residence's houses at 3 in the morning is a great way to win the hearts and minds. Look what it did in Iraq...

Occam's Banana
10-22-2014, 07:23 AM
Buzzing 30 feet over the local residence's houses at 3 in the morning is a great way to win the hearts and minds. Look what it did in Iraq...

This ain't Eye-Rack! This is 'MURRICA!!

The focused search includes the back yard of 61-year-old Pat Snively, who said helicopters hovered so low to the ground near her home that trees swayed wildly in the wind and she could see the faces of the pilots.

"It looked like Black Hawk Down, those helicopters," she said.

[...]

limequat
10-22-2014, 09:54 AM
Here's my theory:

1) Frein secures fake ID
2) Frein submerges Jeep and painfully obvious clues such as his SS card in mud
3) Frein lights up 2 cops
4) "Smith" drives across the border to Canada.
5) "Smith" laughs his ass off about being "Surrounded" in the woods for over a month

NorthCarolinaLiberty
10-22-2014, 09:59 AM
Here's my theory:

1) Frein secures fake ID
2) Frein submerges Jeep and painfully obvious clues such as his SS card in mud
3) Frein lights up 2 cops
5) "Smith" laughs his ass off about being "Surrounded" in the woods for over a month

I was speculating too. According to lice, Frein turned off his lights with helicopters overhead. He then drives into the pond because he can't see. I don't think it would be easy to get all of his "survivalist" gear and rifle while he is sinking. The lice said they found his empty cigarette packs. Seems to me those were likely to get wet. It's obvious the lice have told lot A LOT of lies, so hard to tell what really happened.

RJB
10-22-2014, 10:04 AM
Here's my theory:
I picture a more southern escape route:

http://cache4.asset-cache.net/gc/90338365-man-relaxing-on-deckchair-on-tropical-beach-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=gnsP8k4ts8%2FUtCMdMCVe5oLhZoWYBTlhOLFXnZjrNXQ%3D

devil21
10-22-2014, 02:13 PM
It has to be. Cops 100 years ago would've had this guy within a week.

Another forum has been following this whole thing really closely and there's a crap ton of evidence to suggest it's a drill, even some deleted PA gov't records (though still available through webarchive.org) indicating an Active Shooter Drill scenario scheduled in Monroe Co PA in 2014.

Anti Federalist
10-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Donations Pour in to Buy Eric Frein Lookalike a Car

http://abcnews.go.com/US/donations-pour-buy-eric-frein-lookalike-car/story?id=26424839

Thousands of dollars have been raised for a Pennsylvania man who said he's continually accosted by cops as he walks to work through the woods where police are searching for suspected cop killer Eric Frein.

Supporters who heard about James Tully's plight raised nearly $14,000 online to buy him a car. Tully said he walks five miles from his home in Canadensis to his job at a metal manufacturing factory, and his path crosses right through the manhunt area in the Pocono Mountains. He told ABC affiliate WNEP that he's been stopped by police at least 20 times, and was once even ambushed at gunpoint by authorities who thought he was the suspect.

Since neighbor Dawn DeBiase launched the GoFundMe campaign this week, hundreds of sympathetic people have donated.

"If everyone was willing to walk 10 miles to make a dollar, the world would be a different place," one supporter wrote.

"I am retired now but I can remember times when I had no car to get to work and I found people willing to help me," said another donor. "Just like all these great people helping you. Good luck to you."

DeBiase posted a message from Tully's mother on the fundraising page Thursday night.

"I don't know if James is aware of the present total as he is at work right now," she wrote, according to DeBiase's update. "But I am blown away. I don't have the words to thank each of you for your kindness to my son. To say thank you seems so inadequate, but I don't know what else I could say. Many thanks to everyone who donated and posted encouraging messages. Thank you especially, Dawn for organizing this."

Pennsylvania State Police declined to make an official comment, but said that if Tully feels he was mistreated, he should file a complaint.

Anti Federalist
10-24-2014, 12:14 PM
Chip to buy a car.

http://www.gofundme.com/g43pg8?utm_content=bufferecc7c&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Occam's Banana
10-24-2014, 01:18 PM
Pennsylvania State Police declined to make an official comment, but said that if Tully feels he was mistreated, he should file a complaint.

LOL. "Get out of my city ..." (or would it be "get out of my state" in this case?) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1YvwTHKuQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H1YvwTHKuQQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8v7lF5ttlQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8v7lF5ttlQ

SeanTX
10-27-2014, 11:08 AM
Now they are destroying private property in the search (part of a barn was torn down because a heat signature was detected inside -- it turned out to be raccoons).

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-frein-manhunt-20141027-story.html#page=1

In Pennsylvania woods, Eric Frein eludes a massive manhunt

By Timothy M. Phelps

snip

The search has left some residents and hunters shaking their heads, frustrated by the sudden invasion of swarms of police camped out at a former school just down the road. One local said he had been stopped seven times by police while walking to work. Business at most stores is down because hunters have been temporarily banned from the woods.

In one recent incident in the town of Swiftwater — the current focal point of the search — police demolished the front of a barn after apparently seeing body heat on their thermal imaging equipment. It turned out to be a family of raccoons, residents say.

snip

Anti Federalist
10-27-2014, 11:16 AM
"Yeah, well, tough fucking shit Mundane. Be lucky we didn't thump your head for you in the bargain. Now, move the fuck along." Trooper Friendly.

Now they are destroying private property in the search (part of a barn was torn down because a heat signature was detected inside -- it turned out to be raccoons).

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-frein-manhunt-20141027-story.html#page=1

torchbearer
10-27-2014, 11:32 AM
Why?

Ever seen 'First Blood' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083944/)?

Anti Federalist
10-27-2014, 11:39 AM
Ever seen 'First Blood' (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0083944/)?

"There wouldn't be no trouble except for that King Shit cop! All I wanted was something to eat. But the man kept pushing sir."

Pericles
10-27-2014, 11:45 AM
"There wouldn't be no trouble except for that King Shit cop! All I wanted was something to eat. But the man kept pushing sir."

"No, I'm here to protect you from him."

AuH20
10-27-2014, 11:49 AM
$1.1 million per week. I think it's time to quit.

AuH20
10-27-2014, 11:58 AM
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-eric-frein-police-citations-20141018-story.html#page=1

http://www.trbimg.com/img-544537be/turbine/mc-graphic-citations-drop-20141020/750/750x422

thoughtomator
10-27-2014, 12:03 PM

Not until they are completely bankrupt will they learn this lesson.

AuH20
10-27-2014, 12:03 PM
http://www.mcall.com/news/nationworld/pennsylvania/mc-eric-frein-manhunt-profilers-20141017-story.html

AuH20
10-27-2014, 12:18 PM
ROFL. Mass murder? I'm pretty sure he's dangerous to a very tiny segment of the population.

http://www.ecanadanow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/BxvD3piIcAAEAWm.jpg

devil21
10-27-2014, 02:07 PM
^^^^^
Some random cop support group making their own posters to hunt down someone that likely doesn't even exist. That'll end well.

torchbearer
10-27-2014, 05:12 PM
I'd have a beer with the guy.

limequat
10-27-2014, 08:48 PM
ROFL. Mass murder? I'm pretty sure he's dangerous to a very tiny segment of the population.

That picture reminds me of this guy:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_d9kZfc4kK-Y/TMAEK8b86LI/AAAAAAAAORg/nlGc37LrXXU/s400/picture-3%5B1%5D.jpg

brushfire
10-27-2014, 09:03 PM
That picture reminds me of this guy:

Kinda reminds me of Camron

http://www-static.weddingbee.com/pics/247943/dying.gif

Dr.3D
10-27-2014, 09:11 PM
http://www.mcall.com/news/local/mc-eric-frein-police-citations-20141018-story.html#page=1

http://www.trbimg.com/img-544537be/turbine/mc-graphic-citations-drop-20141020/750/750x422
Just goes to show, when the cops are busy, there is less crime. :p

Anti Federalist
10-27-2014, 09:30 PM
Good.

Anti Federalist
10-27-2014, 09:33 PM
From the webpage:

WELCOME TO TRUE BLUE WARRIORS.org TBW is an organization founded by Federal Law Enforcement Agents whose mission is to bring awareness to the everyday lives of our every day Heroes who "were born with a soul that has courage to wear the badge"© and all those working behind the scenes. Though we will recognize and honor those who gave their all, the main focus will be on the living and what LEOS from across the country do on a daily basis Saving, Serving and Protecting the People ... no matter the color of their uniform, the shape of their badge nor the signer of their paycheck. TBW is here to bring awareness of the service and sacrifices of the Men, Women and 4-legged Heroes who put their lives on the line with no hesitation nor reservation...for the People. To give a small glimpse into a LEO'S daily life and to remind the People that we too, are human.

Our Official motto is "A Family Born Not From A Blood Line ... But Bonded In Life By A Blue One"

Sounds like La Cosa Nostra...

Anti Federalist
10-27-2014, 09:36 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpa1/v/t1.0-9/s552x414/10154498_730726196975552_3821111451958937603_n.png ?oh=15b276d06c1dfb8c5b42342bd284bf2e&oe=54AD1154&__gda__=1424337330_4d22ef6abdf5812806a0af184da665c 3

Christian Liberty
10-27-2014, 09:55 PM
Its stuff like this:

And this:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by AuH20 http://www.ronpaulforums.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=5683635#post5683635)

That lead people to think like this:

I'd have a beer with the guy.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming;)

devil21
10-28-2014, 01:31 AM

Cops don't want get out of their tech bubbles known as cars for fear of getting their balls shot at?

devil21
10-28-2014, 01:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k-rcOPz9vM

torchbearer
10-28-2014, 03:50 PM
the guy could have left a dummy truck with planted materials there on purpose, then have another transport waiting elsewhere.
Thus keeping the LEOs stuck in a search mode in one area.
The guy didn't walk out of there and there is a small domestic army seaching that area.
Either he is John Rambo, or the truck in the pond was a decoy.

torchbearer
10-28-2014, 03:52 PM

lulz

torchbearer
10-28-2014, 03:53 PM
As soon as that starts happening, there an be no Rule of Law of Equal Men.

“The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.”

Anti Federalist
10-28-2014, 04:31 PM
I'll remember that the next time I read a story about some off duty cop being beat down by bunch of on duty cops.

Remembered.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?462095-Santa-Fe-sheriff%92s-deputy-fatally-shot-in-the-back-by-partner-after-alcohol-fueled-fight

AuH20
10-30-2014, 10:45 AM
why wouldn't it be safe?

http://www.wfmz.com/news/economic-impact-of-frein-search-being-surveyed/29417870

One thing that will be hard for business owners to anticipate is the "when" -- when will business pick up? Police are still in the area searching for Eric Frein and customers continue to stay away. “There are still customers calling me and asking me if it’s okay to come here," said Justine Knipe, owner of Mountainhome Candle. "I assure them that it’s very safe to come here, there is no reason why they shouldn’t. But they’re still afraid.”

Anti Federalist
10-30-2014, 10:49 AM
why wouldn't it be safe?

http://www.wfmz.com/news/economic-impact-of-frein-search-being-surveyed/29417870

I know I wouldn't choose to vacation or spend a weekend in an area with a 1000 hut hutting cops running about.

torchbearer
10-30-2014, 11:10 AM
One man, draining the swamp.

phill4paul
02-19-2016, 09:49 AM
A follow-up on the original "person of interest, Mr. Huldak....

Man wrongly suspected in Frein case sues state troopers

A Clarks Summit man wrongly suspected of killing a state police trooper and wounding another in the Blooming Grove barracks ambush was forced from his mother’s home at gunpoint and questioned for hours before being released, according to a federal lawsuit filed Thursday.

Jeffrey Hudak says he was traumatized by overzealous troopers, who arrested him based on pure speculation because his estranged wife reportedly had a relationship with Trooper Alex T. Douglass of Olyphant, who was wounded in the Sept. 12, 2014, sniper attack that killed Trooper Bryon K. Dickson II of Dunmore.

“While the Pennsylvania State Police were understandably emotional and angry ... they unfortunately ignored, trampled and violated the plaintiff’s rights during their zealous and emotionally driven pursuit of the actual person responsible,” Mr. Hudak’s attorney, George Reihner of Scranton, says in the lawsuit.

Police also damaged Mr. Hudak’s reputation by releasing his name and photograph to the public and by tipping off members of the news media, the suit says. News stories about his arrest are still available online.

Mr. Hudak was taken into custody about 12 hours after the man authorities now say was the real culprit — Eric Matthew Frein — opened fire on Cpl. Dickson and Trooper Douglass from a wooded area across from the state police barracks in Blooming Grove.

Mr. Frein, who is charged with first-degree murder and multiple other offenses and pleaded not guilty, remained on the lam for 48 days before he was captured near an abandoned airport hanger in Monroe County. He is jailed at the Pike County Correctional Facility awaiting trial in Pike County Court.

In the hours after the shooting, authorities focused on Mr. Hudak. In an “incredible and threatening display” of force, a barrage of police officers surrounded his mother’s Scranton home and demanded he come out with his hands up. He was handcuffed immediately and thrown into the back of a police cruiser without being told why he was being arrested, the suit says.

He was taken to the state police barracks in Dunmore, where Corporal Benjamin Clark and Trooper Kyle Hnat intensely questioned him for hours, refusing his request to see an attorney and initially preventing him from using the bathroom or making a phone call, the suit says.

The suit names Corporal Clark and Trooper Hnat as defendants, as well as four other troopers whose identities are not yet known. It does not name the state police as a defendant.

Contacted Thursday, Trooper Adam Reed , spokesman for state police in Harrisburg, said the department does not comment on pending litigation.

The suit alleges police did not have probable cause to arrest Mr. Hudak as their suspicions were based on the belief he committed the acts because his wife, from whom he was separated for about 18 months at the time, was allegedly in a relationship with Trooper Douglass.

“This ... accusation, gross innuendo and/or rank speculation — bereft of any supporting fact, evidence and/or detail whatsoever — does not and cannot form the basis for probable cause,” the suit says.

Mr. Hudak was interrogated for about six to eight hours as authorities worked to verify his whereabouts at the time of the shooting, Mr. Reihner said in a phone interview Thursday.

“It was very intense. They were accusing him of murder and attempted murder. He said his heart was beating out of his chest,” Mr. Reihner said. “Everything he told them turned out to be 100 percent accurate, but they kept him in custody even after that.”

Even after he was released, police continued to follow him for about three days, Mr. Reihner said.

http://thetimes-tribune.com/news/man-wrongly-suspected-in-frein-case-sues-state-troopers-1.2009095