PDA

View Full Version : James Foley's Parents Say Officials Threatened Family Over Ransom

surf
09-12-2014, 05:40 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/International/government-threatened-foley-family-ransom-payments-mother-slain/story?id=25453963
didn't see this horrible bit of news posted here. it's absolutely disgusting.... can't believe this crap.

limequat
09-13-2014, 09:09 AM
If they would have paid the ransom, it would have lifted the veil on the fact that he was already dead.

limequat
09-13-2014, 09:11 AM
I wonder if this family will ever put 2 and 2 together.

Origanalist
09-13-2014, 10:08 AM
I would have ended up in prison or dead, screw the administration.

qh4dotcom
09-13-2014, 03:26 PM
I wonder if this family will ever put 2 and 2 together.

I wonder if this family will ever realize it was not a good idea to let their son travel to the Middle East...yes I know, he's an adult and has the freedom to do so but they should have done everything they could to talk him out of going.

luctor-et-emergo
09-13-2014, 03:34 PM
If they would have paid the ransom, it would have lifted the veil on the fact that he was already dead.

Well that is what my thought was with those video's, didn't they execute them all at the same time, using these videos in a trickle feed to get max exposure for them ? I have 0 evidence for this but I'd say it would be likely. Especially since they asked for a ridiculous ransom, 100mln ?
It would explain why the seal team operation to save them was called "successful although not able to return them(referring to the kidnapped)". Or something along those lines.

surf
09-13-2014, 05:30 PM
everyone here seems to be able to ignore the very real and perhaps deadly limit placed on the liberty of the victim's family. it's been frustrating trying to discuss this as a freedom issue when everyone seems to point to the perceived idiocy of this poor man and his parents. then most veer to some strange world where the government must have known best what to do (in spite of past and the present result).

and just about everybody ignores that, yes, he died and his family was threatened with prosecution for trying to prevent this.