PDA

View Full Version : Another moron cop leaves K9 to die in vehicle

green73
09-12-2014, 07:59 AM
DUPLIN COUNTY, NC (WWAY) -- A Duplin County Sheriff's K-9 died last month after sitting in a hot squad car all night.

The sheriff disciplined Kela's handler, but the punishment is not as harsh as some people think it should be.

"I just think it's crazy, because they get on everyone else for leaving their animals in the car and dying, and they want to throw them in jail, but they can't do nothing about their own officer that kills one of their K9s," Duplin County resident Michael Foss said.

Duplin County Sheriff Blake Wallace says Dep. Kevin Williams was getting off duty August 19 when he got a call that his child was sick. Distracted, Williams left his K-9 Kela in the hot car overnight. She was found dead the next day.

"While it was a mistake, I'm sure he did not intend to do that, it is a tragic loss, you know financial loss for the county, as well as it creates a bad situation here that we've got to deal with," County Manager Mike Aldridge said.

Aldridge says he just found out about the dog's death, three weeks after it happened. So why were he, and the community not informed sooner?

cont.
http://www.wwaytv3.com/2014/09/11/duplin-county-k-9-dead-deputy-suspended

tod evans
09-12-2014, 08:03 AM
You or I punch a kop-dog for being aggressive we go to jail......

Kop literally tortures the poor thing to death and he walks. :mad:

SeanTX
09-12-2014, 08:04 AM
So why were he, and the community not informed sooner?

Because, "fuck you!", that's why.

Just another piece of taxpayer property destroyed, the carcass was probably unceremoniously dumped at the landfill (no Hero's funeral for that K9).

donnay
09-12-2014, 08:15 AM
Disgusting double standards. :mad: