PDA

View Full Version : Get this "Reagan for RP" Tv Ad to run in Iowa!

kevman657
12-02-2007, 05:06 PM
Hello,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yuzMYIXhTE

This ad would really get the attention of the conservatives who think Ron Paul isn't really conservative. Most don't know about his past with Ronald Regan, and almost all conservatives (especially neo) consider Reagen the standard for a good Republican.

Think about the reaction we can get. We can raise enough to advertise on KCCI 8 (local CBS for Des Moines Iowa) and local ads on CNN & Fox News. I'm also in talks with WHOTV NBC but they are a bit more expensive than CBS. Right now, I set the goal at $15,000 but we really need more to run a lot of ads. I will post the official quotes that we go with and what channel we decide to use on Monday or Tuesday.

We need to get this ad running fast considering the date of the Iowa Caucus. If we don't raise enough in time to run a decent campaign, we'll run the ad in South Carolina, a very important state as well. I think the target in New Hampshire is more independent voters so this ad would probably work better for the more conservative states.

http://ronpaulads.chipin.com/reagan-ad-for-rp-in-iowa

NOTE: The ad is not 100% finished. We need a video editor to go through and fix some of the little mess ups. If anyone has any suggestions or can help, let me know. Otherwise, I know someone that can do it for around $50/hour (shouldn't take too long)

Paulitician
12-02-2007, 05:10 PM
That needs a major makeover. That is not fit to go onto TV.

brumans
12-02-2007, 05:11 PM
It's a minute and six seconds long.. how are you going to shorten it to 30 seconds and still make it as effective?

Plus I don't think you can steal clips from MSNBC or copyrighted photos

literatim
12-02-2007, 05:11 PM
Paulitician is right, it needs a makeover. It needs higher quality production and shorter.

Paulitician
12-02-2007, 05:13 PM
Oh, it could be a minute long. I just don't think some of its attributes are fit for TV is all. Like saying "Fight on Ron..." and the text itself is lame.

Bodhi
12-02-2007, 05:14 PM
I think the idea is great, the execution is poor though.

kevman657
12-02-2007, 05:15 PM
Aren't they allowed to be one minute? And as far as the text, do you have some suggestions? I can pay someone to fix up the production and effects in the ad...

Just voice your ideas!

newmedia4ron
12-02-2007, 05:16 PM
no go
too long
copyright problems
no way
many videos that are ready for TV are here:http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=RonPaulAdCompetition

want a video that will change conservatives (does not meet TV requirements though)?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdc_brCjrZQ

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 06:36 PM
I've been trying, trying, trying, and trying to get this point across to the grassroots here that we MUST take advantage of Reagan liking Paul.

That WILL attract voters from our toughest demographics.

I don't think this exact youtube video is anywhere close to being THE ad, but it is the right concept, and a good starting point.

People need to get to work on this and get involved.

lasenorita
12-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Loved the beginning! "Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan. Ronald Reagan." cracks me up. :D

I think the second part does need a bit of work, though, before being considered for TV. A voice-over might work too. As for copyright, MSNBC's rules can be found here (http://linkanon.com/?r=http://www.broadcastingcable.com/article/CA6466923.html).

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 07:01 PM
I disagree on using this ad solely in Iowa though.

We all know SC is being neglected and that the way things are here right now we will come in 3rd at best here.

And this ad will have more impact here in SC than New Hampshire or Iowa.

But if some people think it needs to run in Iowa for some reason then I say we raise money to run an ad like this in both Iowa and SC. Iowa will be first priority simply because its primary is sooner than SC's, but I still think this needs to run in SC.

You guys are aware Paul has NO tv ads running in SC right now right? And that Thompson and Romney have been running them here for like forever now?

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 07:07 PM
bump seriously someone explain to me why this gets NO attention everytime its brought up?:confused::mad:

Paulitician
12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
I have no idea. It's a brainchild though. I've been suggesting it ever since Ron Paul first commercial, which was absolutely horrible. that they should make a commercial concerning Ron Paul and Ronald Reagan.

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
Yeah its not making sense why people jump on writing letters but not this. This will gain waaaay more voters than writing letters will I think.

evadmurd
12-02-2007, 07:19 PM
We'd have to do something with RP's pants, though. Actually I think I had a pair of those double-knitters, sad to say! LOL

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 07:24 PM
Yeah thats sad to say. You people living back then really DID have it bad didn't you lol? Hmm maybe the media's right and things aren't that bad lol....... ah ok no lol. (sigh)

evadmurd
12-02-2007, 07:25 PM
You don't know the half of it!

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 07:29 PM
I'm getting tempted to start the third thread about this in 3 days now since no one is really paying attention to this AGAIN.....:mad:

Maybe people are ignoring it because the topic says Reagan idk...:confused:

Adamsa
12-02-2007, 07:30 PM
The advert needs to be polished.

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 07:34 PM
The advert needs to be polished.

Huh? Advertisement?

If you're talking about the youtube video that is only to get the concept or idea across to people, no one that likes this idea is saying some random youtube video should be aired on television.

The idea is to create an ad showing how Reagan liked Paul, how similar they are, and how Reagan talked so good about Paul.

Its basically going to subliminally say Ron Paul is like Ronald Reagan to people watching the advertisment, which WILL gain us votes with the typical Republican voters.

JMO
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Two problems.

1-It's one minute and 7 seconds long, commercials are 30 seconds long.

2-It has no spoken words, it's all written. That will go nowhere on TV.

Paulitician
12-02-2007, 07:45 PM
You can have an ad that 1 minute long... Rudy's "Tested" ad for instance...

justinc.1089
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Two problems.

1-It's one minute and 7 seconds long, commercials are 30 seconds long.

2-It has no spoken words, it's all written. That will go nowhere on TV.

Ok I think this is either the second or third time I have said that is just some random youtube video! NOT the actual advertisement we would use!

That video is just getting the idea over to people. We need people to get on board with this and make some ideally 30 second long videos to consider for the actual advertisement.

kevman657
12-03-2007, 02:12 AM
Ok I think this is either the second or third time I have said that is just some random youtube video! NOT the actual advertisement we would use!

That video is just getting the idea over to people. We need people to get on board with this and make some ideally 30 second long videos to consider for the actual advertisement.

Exactly. I have emailed my video guy about how we could shorten it up, if anyone has any suggestions feel free to speak...

The Plan
12-03-2007, 03:12 AM
I don't have any problem with using a video for Ron on this subject matter.
Right now the video that's posted sucks and it looks cheap. That doesn't mean the subject matter sucks or the idea to put one like it on TV sucks. I don't have time to make videos myself or i would. Before i would donate to a cause like this i would have to see what i'm paying for and this one so far isn't worth my loot. Nothing personal.

ValidusCustodiae
12-03-2007, 03:57 AM
This is far too long for a regular TV spot, but I think some of you may enjoy it.

Common Sense
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vpwi0zwnWRE