PDA

View Full Version : Robertson Patriarch Under Fire for Comments about Infidelity and STD transmission

AuH20
09-11-2014, 09:37 AM
Phil is absolutely correct. Monogamy was and still is basically a survival strategy, considering the gamut of debilitating diseases one can contract. In fact, I met one woman the other day who contracted HTLV from her cheating husband and can barely walk due to partial paralysis of her legs. It's so sad.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/09/10/duck-dynasty-patriarch-phil-robertsons-latest-claims-about-the-bible-immoral-conduct-and-stds-lambasted-as-dangerous/

“If you just look at the physiological downside to immorality,” Robertson said. “Is this coincidental that viewing all of the immoral conduct that America now’s participating in — I’ve asked a lot of people, ‘Do you think it’s a coincidence that all of these debilitating … diseases follow that kind of conduct?’”

The reality TV star then highlighted specific diseases that he said would be avoided if people simply stayed in committed, biblical relationships.

“God says, ‘One woman, one man’ and everyone says … ‘Oh, that’s that old Bible stuff.’ And I’m thinking, well, let’s see now… a disease free guy and a disease free woman marry and they keep their sex between the two of them,” Robertson continued. “They’re not going to get chlamydia, gonorrhea, syphilis or AIDS. It’s safe.”