PDA

View Full Version : Big News! - Ron Paul to make an offer to Glenn Beck

greves
12-02-2007, 05:03 PM
Hey there folks, I've heard some good news. I don't have any articles on this, but I've heard a source close to Dr. Paul say that his current game plan for Glenn Beck is to make an offer: Beck takes back his claims linking Ron Paul supporters to terrorism, and Paul will go on the show.

Again, sorry I don't have any hard evidence on this yet - if something pops up you'll all be the first to know!

jwilli17
12-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Lol nice...

I called the campaign a few days ago about Beck and the response from the person was that he hasn't been fair to us supporters referring to the terrorist statement... so maybe that's a good sign.

RPFTW!
12-02-2007, 05:05 PM
Awesome!

Paulitician
12-02-2007, 05:07 PM
I hope that is not true. Just go on the show already! I don't think too many people would even remember that, and if they did, I hope they have the brain to realize it came from a comedic standpoint. Glenny can turn the offer around and say "ok, I'll admit your supporters aren't terrorists... they're just 9/11 truthers, neo-nazis etc etc." Just go on already, Ron Paul. 2 full hours to get your message out. I could see nothing better than that. Even if Glenn Beck is a jerk.

jondisx
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM
I hope that is not true. Just go on the show already! I don't think too many people would even remember that, and if they did, I hope they have the brain to realize it came from a comedic standpoint. Glenny can turn the offer around and say "ok, I'll admit your supporters aren't terrorists... they're just 9/11 truthers, neo-nazis etc etc." Just go on already, Ron Paul. 2 full hours to get your message out. I could see nothing better than that. Even if Glenn Beck is a jerk.

my thoughts exactly

V4Vendetta
12-02-2007, 05:09 PM
That Would be fantastic..... Good for Ron Paul... he is the man

newmedia4ron
12-02-2007, 05:10 PM
rumors *sigh*
thanks for distracting us

Magsec
12-02-2007, 05:10 PM
Well RP is standing up for the people who made his campaign happen....

greves
12-02-2007, 05:13 PM
rumors *sigh*

You can label it as you see fit. As I said, as soon as something pops up on this I'll post it here... I'm certain you'll find it just as reliable as I do now.

literatim
12-02-2007, 05:13 PM
I remember and am glad that Ron Paul cares about his supporters and is standing up for us. :)

Taco John
12-02-2007, 05:16 PM
This is awesome. He definitely shouldn't go on the show unless Beck is willing to apologize for his crass and careless statements. Time to acknowledge that he's been a weenie.

FreedomLover
12-02-2007, 05:19 PM
Maybe not so stupid...

I still would like to see him just go on the show

jondisx
every debate treats him unfairly, should he not go to those unless they promise to play nice? part of the attraction was that he could go on any show and hold his own with his message

CelestialRender
Aye, no stipulations, just go. RP can own GB in a debate any day, and we need the air time.

It would be silly to risk mucking this up.

Float the idea of GB taking back what he said? Great. But don't make it a sticking point.

Ron Paul Fan
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I support Ron Paul in any decision that he makes.

dmspilot00
12-02-2007, 05:21 PM
I somehow doubt Beck will make any kind of retraction. This is ridiculous. This isn't about Glenn Beck or what he said. This about getting Ron TWO HOURS OF FREE AIRTIME, AIRTIME WHERE HE CAN EXPLAIN HIS POSITION IN DETAIL AND WIN OVER VOTERS.

ThomasJ
12-02-2007, 05:22 PM
If Glen Beck did revoke that statment I think it would probably bring his chances of an interview up a good bit more.

The thing I am concerned with Beck is the almost bi-polar nature of his interactions with RP. At one moment he is supportive. The next he is implying that we are terrorists.

Take this as an example of forieng policy though.
RP should go on the show if Glen Beck does or does not. Trade with all nations Peace with all. No embargos or sanctions. I do not believe RP is under any bodily threat from GB so it is not a parralel to a enemy of war. So I say this is completly up to RP and his scedule.

FreeTraveler
12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
Well RP is standing up for the people who made his campaign happen....

QFT. This again shows what an admirable man he is, to stand up and risk losing some valuable publicity to defend those who support him. I can't say I'm surprised by this stance, but I'm certainly pleased and flattered. This goes back to his saying "I've joined your revolution" and proves he's a statesman. Can you imagine a politician making this decision?

FreedomLover
12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
If Glen Beck did revoke that statment I think it would probably bring his chances of an interview up a good bit more.

The thing I am concerned with Beck is the almost bi-polar nature of his interactions with RP. At one moment he is supportive. The next he is implying that we are terrorists.

Take this as an example of forieng policy though.
RP should go on the show if Glen Beck does or does not. Trade with all nations Peace with all. No embargos or sanctions. I do not believe RP is under any bodily threat from GB so it is not a parralel to a enemy of war. So I say this is completly up to RP and his scedule.

Glenn beck has been nice to Ron Paul in the past, he seems amicable to most of his positions, he just thinks his supporters are completely insane.

JustBcuz
12-02-2007, 05:27 PM
IMHO.

You guys need to chill on the Beck thing.

It'll get worked out. And I've heard some rumors too, but that's all they are, just rumors...all I'm saying is just don't sweat this. We've got more important things to do.

Ya'all did your jobs, you got Beck to offer the time. Now let the campaign figure out how to best utilize that offer.

Once again, just MHO.

yongrel
12-02-2007, 05:31 PM
http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/07/09/rumors.jpg

dmitchell
12-02-2007, 05:54 PM
False. This is the least professional thing I have ever heard. Anyone who actually believes this is a good idea shouldn't be allowed within 100 feet of Ron Paul's campaign.

greves
12-02-2007, 05:58 PM
dmitchell: I'm not sure why you'd say that, but you could always take it up with the campaign (in a friendly and polite manner, please.)

theoddmonkey
12-02-2007, 06:08 PM
I support Ron Paul in any decision that he makes.

Ah, the way it should be with a president.

sparebulb
12-02-2007, 06:32 PM
If some of you people love Glen Bleckt so much--why don't you marry him.

Ron Paul Fan
12-02-2007, 06:34 PM
Ah, the way it should be with a president.

I am not going to withdraw my support of Ron Paul just because he decides to go or not to go on Glenn Beck's show. I support Ron Paul because I believe in freedom!!!!!!!!!

speciallyblend
12-02-2007, 06:39 PM
done with beck,click

idiom
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I would be suprised by this. I mean I think that there are a lot of us who are either crazies or potential crazies.

Show of hands if you have a copy of the Jolly Roger Cookbook?

Flash
12-02-2007, 06:42 PM

Take this into consideration. If Ron Paul does do a one-hour show without Beck apologizing, the Beck could once again call Paul a terroist. Although if Beck DOES apologize and admit he was wrong, then it would be pretty silly to call him a terroist the next day.

And I haven't met one Neo-Nazi that is for Ron Paul. Stormfront isn't even a Neo-nazi site, I have no idea where you get that information from.

And 9/11 truthers probably support Kucinich too.

paulitics
12-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Take this into consideration. If Ron Paul does do a one-hour show without Beck apologizing, the Beck could once again call Paul a terroist. Although if Beck DOES apologize and admit he was wrong, then it would be pretty silly to call him a terroist the next day.

And I haven't met one Neo-Nazi that is for Ron Paul. Stormfront isn't even a Neo-nazi site, I have no idea where you get that information from.

I've seen quite a few Kucinich truthers, they may not be as loud though. :cool:
They tend to blame it on the Bush administration, more than powers higher than the bush administration.

I've also seen some racist Fred supporters,and gay bashers who are Fred supporters. The Neo-nazi site seems suspect, but I guess some will support guys like RP or Buchanan.

Paulitician
12-02-2007, 06:50 PM

It doesn't freaking matter if you've never met a neo-nazi Ron Paul supporter. I never said Stormfront is a neo-nazi site (but to say none dwell at the forum would be folly). Do you think propagandists like Glenn Beck care if they are factually correct? No, he's still capable of saying it though. My point is, "just go on the show Ron Paul." I'll be glad if Ron Paul got an apology from Glenn Beck, but that is not the biggest issue now. The biggest issue is that Ron Paul needs to get his message out to the people of the United States and get voters.

Adamsa
12-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Silly, it was David Horowitz not Beck who insulted Ron Paul supporters. Beck was just saying how fringe elements in the country can be harnessed.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Silly, it was David Horowitz not Beck who insulted Ron Paul supporters. Beck was just saying how fringe elements in the country can be harnessed.

Beck set up the segment, and i'm sure he has all the pull when it comes to what he is going to talk about... and who he is going to invite on his show to support his demagoguery.

Adamsa
12-02-2007, 07:02 PM
Beck set up the segment, and i'm sure he has all the pull when it comes to what he is going to talk about... and who he is going to invite on his show to support his demagoguery.

But you're making assumptions on grounds you don't know. :(

Beck is an idiot with a big mouth, but nothing else.

Geronimo
12-02-2007, 07:03 PM
rumors *sigh*
Exactly!

JPFromTally
12-02-2007, 07:11 PM
This doesn't sound like something Dr. Paul would do.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 07:33 PM
But you're making assumptions on grounds you don't know. :(

Beck is an idiot with a big mouth, but nothing else.

CNN shows are produced. The whole thing is scripted. They know what they are doing. He make look stupid, and he may say stupid things... but he isn't really stupid. He may be ignorant, but not stupid.

traviskicks
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Hey there folks, I've heard some good news. I don't have any articles on this, but I've heard a source close to Dr. Paul say that his current game plan for Glenn Beck is to make an offer: Beck takes back his claims linking Ron Paul supporters to terrorism, and Paul will go on the show.

Again, sorry I don't have any hard evidence on this yet - if something pops up you'll all be the first to know!

Paul should go on regardless. We can't let petty personality conflicts get in the way of the liberty message.

DirtMcGirt
12-02-2007, 07:35 PM
Perfect response from the good doctor

evadmurd
12-02-2007, 07:44 PM
Uh, isn't it his show? He can say or do anything his viewers/sponsors let him get away with. Just go on the friggin' show. RP can take care of himself. The truth speaks loudly.

apc3161
12-02-2007, 07:50 PM
Glenn Beck shouldn't have to apologize for anything in order for Ron to go on his show. There should be no preconditions, Paul should just have a chance to explain himself on the show.

Who are we now, President Bush? We won't talk to the Iranians until they agree to our preconditions. No, we are better than that.

Just go on the show, talk about the issues, and explain to Beck why he was wrong by accusing us of being terrorists by donating on november 5th.

Flash
12-02-2007, 07:53 PM
It doesn't freaking matter if you've never met a neo-nazi Ron Paul supporter. I never said Stormfront is a neo-nazi site (but to say none dwell at the forum would be folly). Do you think propagandists like Glenn Beck care if they are factually correct? No, he's still capable of saying it though. My point is, "just go on the show Ron Paul." I'll be glad if Ron Paul got an apology from Glenn Beck, but that is not the biggest issue now. The biggest issue is that Ron Paul needs to get his message out to the people of the United States and get voters.

I think we all know for a fact O'Reilly edits his show. I doubt Beck doesn't edit his own show to make it look like hes winning the debate.

francisco
12-02-2007, 07:58 PM

Dr. Paul should also require that Beck give basic respect that the campaign and grassroots deserves (by dint of money raised, straw poll results, documented size and passion of grassroots support), by including Dr. Paul in his polls.

sandersondavis
12-02-2007, 08:01 PM

I call BS on this one, it just isn't Ron Paul's style.

francisco
12-02-2007, 08:03 PM
Glenn Beck shouldn't have to apologize for anything in order for Ron to go on his show. There should be no preconditions, Paul should just have a chance to explain himself on the show.

Who are we now, President Bush? We won't talk to the Iranians until they agree to our preconditions. No, we are better than that.

Just go on the show, talk about the issues, and explain to Beck why he was wrong by accusing us of being terrorists by donating on november 5th.

I don't think Ron Paul has any obligation to voluntarily subject himself to be a victim of false accusations or rude behavior.

A key part of the Freedom Message is that individuals should have the free choice of association.

It is entirely appropriate for Dr. Paul to set conditions as he sees fit, especially considering Beck's actual behavior in the past.

mathamagician
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
I agree that Paul should go on Beck's show regardless of whether he takes his statements back or not. However while I would go on the show regardless I can respect his decision to want an apology. The only thing that get me mad is when we just drop the ball on something big. I'd really like some experienced consultants to come in and help manage the massive growth this campaign is going through.

The Plan
12-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Seriously who give a crap what he called us. People that would believe that we are terrorists are never going to be converted to Ron Paul anyways. Ron just needs to go on his show and school him straight up on everything.

cien750hp
12-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Seriously who give a crap what he called us. People that would believe that we are terrorists are never going to be converted to Ron Paul anyways. Ron just needs to go on his show and school him straight up on everything.

its not that maybe we don't care, its that ron paul cares. he loves all his supporters, and he will not let someone say anything about us. he finds it wrong, and he expects and apology. he is willing to be civil, he's not attacking him or anything, but the man won't put up with it. he just loves us too much

Falseflagop
12-02-2007, 09:19 PM
SCrew Glenn Beck most of his listeners are NEO CONS supporters so who is RP really going to convert, hit piece for sure I say STAY far away from this CLOWN!

jj111
12-02-2007, 09:27 PM
Go on Glenn Beck. Ron Paul is not scared to go on anybody's show, provided he is allowed to answer the questions they post to him.

Roxi
12-02-2007, 09:31 PM
This is awesome. He definitely shouldn't go on the show unless Beck is willing to apologize for his crass and careless statements. Time to acknowledge that he's been a weenie.\

exactly

not only that but please change the thread title to I heard... instead of BIG NEWS....

for most of us, we wont believe anything til we see proof (look at the religion polls and how many of us are agnostic) so saying this is BIG NEWS as if its confirmed or proveable isn't nice :rolleyes:

rfbz
12-02-2007, 09:43 PM
Regardless if Beck apologizes or not, that doesn't change the fact that 2 hours is great exposure to a conservative audience. Seriously, name one talking head in televised media who has been fair to Ron Paul? They have to be converted, and you can't do that by declining their invitations to an interview.

Flash
12-02-2007, 09:48 PM
Well I just sent an email to the campaign and I suggest anyone that is upset about this to do the same.

And didn't Chris Matthrew offer Ron Paul an hour of free air time? I heard something about that.

literatim
12-02-2007, 09:54 PM
I've personally forgiven Beck awhile ago.

Adamsa
12-02-2007, 10:03 PM
SCrew Glenn Beck most of his listeners are NEO CONS supporters so who is RP really going to convert, hit piece for sure I say STAY far away from this CLOWN!

We need as many "neo-cons" as we can get.

Cliff
12-02-2007, 10:12 PM
Good of Ron to stick up for his supporters. Some of you need to learn some freaking dignity.

Henry
12-03-2007, 12:22 AM
For the life of me I can’t understand the reasoning why some object to being on GB. The only argument I heard is that Dr. Paul will not get a fair hearing. Hello people, have you watched all the debates? Did you for a minute think that Dr. Paul was given equal treatment?

So what would be the difference between the former or have a shot at two hours with a person that philosophically can’t tie Dr. Paul’s shoes.

francisco
12-03-2007, 12:39 AM
For the life of me I can’t understand the reasoning why some object to being on GB. The only argument I heard is that Dr. Paul will not get a fair hearing. Hello people, have you watched all the debates? Did you for a minute think that Dr. Paul was given equal treatment?

So what would be the difference between the former or have a shot at two hours with a person that philosophically can’t tie Dr. Paul’s shoes.

There is a difference between unequal treatment and 2 hours of diatribe by Beck. He might love to make a name for himself by sandbagging Dr. Paul. Then he could crow to Rush (who has stated that he has the power to coronate the GOP nominee) that he (Beck) is just as powerful.

2 hours alone with a demagogue who has control of the microphone switch could be very dangerous, and caution is appropriate.

Taco John
12-03-2007, 12:48 AM
Regardless if Beck apologizes or not, that doesn't change the fact that 2 hours is great exposure to a conservative audience. Seriously, name one talking head in televised media who has been fair to Ron Paul? They have to be converted, and you can't do that by declining their invitations to an interview.

Glenn Beck is a neo-con with a majority neo-con audience. It's not actually that great a forum for Ron Paul's message. I used to be a daily listener of his show, but his constant demagouging, dramatic pauses, and overall drama queen energy drove me off. I can't handle all of this phony emotion being used to stoke the fires of war.

Glenn Beck's show is not a great forum for us.

robert4rp08
12-03-2007, 01:20 AM
Glenn Beck is a neo-con with a majority neo-con audience. It's not actually that great a forum for Ron Paul's message. I used to be a daily listener of his show, but his constant demagouging, dramatic pauses, and overall drama queen energy drove me off. I can't handle all of this phony emotion being used to stoke the fires of war.

... but what's not to say that other listeners will not follow your lead when they hear Ron Paul's message? Any publicity is good publicity.

RoyalTenenbaum
12-03-2007, 03:26 AM

I don't underestimate the damage Beck could try to do, or that he and many of his viewers would be hostile to Paul's position on the "BIG ISSUE OF OUR DAY" as they call Islamic terrorism.

But, Paul has been unequivocal in stating that he is seeking the Republican nomination for President, and that's who's watching Glen Beck. The hour is getting late for Paul, and this roll of the dice could end up being a gamble that gives him a big bump because he polls so well among people who have heard him speak.

Also, I could see Paul working out some type of terms and guarantees before going on the show. Beck, if he really wants him, would have to agree that that's entirely appropriate for a presidential candidate picking up speed. That being said, however, I wouldn't waste too much capital trying to get an apology for the Guy Fawkes hit piece Beck did. Paul doesn't owe his supporters that, and it would distract from the more important terms Paul should require before going on. The Beck apology issue would just be a distraction.

James R
12-03-2007, 04:02 AM

I'd be perfectly happy with the campaign if this was his next move.

travr6
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
If Ron does not go on Glenn Beck it will seem like he is hiding.

He needs to go on the show. It would be great mainstream coverage and I think he could handle himself with Beck rather easily.

If he decides not to go on I think he should state publicly why not.

Seems like a great opportunity for him to stick up for his supporters.

IHaveaDream
12-04-2007, 06:07 PM
I don't believe RP made any such offer. That's just not his style. Besides, it contradicts his devotion to individual rights. I suspect that Ron Paul would echo this sentiment that is falsely attributed to Voltaire:

"I disagree with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it."

Madison
12-04-2007, 06:09 PM
I really hope this offer is a rumor and nothing more because it would be very unwise. We have 30 days until the primaries commence, and he needs name recognition right now more than anything. If he can't handle Glenn Beck, how will he handle congress once he is in the white house?

bolidew
12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
So what is the real response from HQ for this GB stuff?

ronpaulitician
12-04-2007, 06:17 PM
Did Glenn actually call us terrorists?

FrankRep
12-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Did Glenn actually call us terrorists?

Here's the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFJt5Aa-om4

LibertyEagle
12-04-2007, 06:34 PM
So what is the real response from HQ for this GB stuff?

They should be capitalizing on this, it would seem to me. Of course, they are not though. What's new? :(

ronpaulitician
12-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Here's the clip.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFJt5Aa-om4
I didn't hear Beck call us terrorists.

Yeah, there may have been the implication, but I think that as supporters of a candidate who is accused of saying "The US deserved 9/11" when he says that they attacked us because "we're over there," I think it's a bit ridiculous to expect Beck to apologize for something he hasn't actually said before Paul will accept his invite.

honkywill
12-04-2007, 07:16 PM
that's because he didn't.

some of us here have thin skin, or maybe you and i have thick skulls.

mmink15
12-04-2007, 07:18 PM
i'd love to see Ron Paul get more air time

tsetsefly
12-04-2007, 07:18 PM
anyone know if this so called offer was made, we need to get these two hours before the primaries, spam the campaign, lol, or call them...

noztnac
12-07-2007, 03:18 AM
Ask Glenn Beck why Ron Paul is not listed on his website as one of the Republican candidates for the GOP nomination.

me@glennbeck.com

stu@glennbeck.com

cbrady@glennbeck.com

josh.raffel@freud.com
:mad:

sharedvoice
12-07-2007, 03:24 AM
Rumor control people...

RonPaulFTFW
12-07-2007, 03:39 AM
i love dr ron paul.