PDA

View Full Version : REAL ID Kicks In - National ID Card System Finally Takes Effect

DamianTV
09-10-2014, 03:58 PM
National ID Card System Finally Takes Effect
http://survivalbackpack.us/national-id-card-system-finally-takes-effect/

http://survivalbackpack.us/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/national-id-card.jpg

(Daniel Jennings) Some state driver’s licenses are no longer valid ID documents in many government buildings, as federal agencies and departments begin implementing a law critics say is a de facto national ID.

Susan Podziba found that out the hard way when security wouldn’t let her into a National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) building because the only ID she had was her Massachusetts driver’s license.

“It was like wow, I am a US citizen and suddenly my Massachusetts ID isn’t good enough,” Podziba told The Boston Globe. Security guards wouldn’t accept Podziba’s driver’s license as valid identification because it does meet standards imposed by a federal law called REAL ID.

“It was bizarre, and then I really felt embarrassed,” she said.

Including Massachusetts, six states have yet to comply with the REAL ID act: Alaska, Arizona, Louisiana, Maine and Oklahoma. Eventually, citizens in those states won’t be able to board an airplane without a legitimate identification.

The lack of identification forced Podziba to end up holding a meeting with high level NOAA officials at a cafeteria. REAL ID was passed in 2005 but Homeland Security only started enforcing it at some federal facilities in July. The law requires that states take and store digital photos of applicants that is accessible by the federal government and by photo-recognition software. Critics say it puts in place a system to track all government citizens.

“A national ID can be used in times of crisis for really, really horrible things,” Jim Harper of The Cato Institute told Off The Grid Radio.

Continues on Link.

devil21
09-10-2014, 03:59 PM
The net closes just a little bit tighter.

phill4paul
09-10-2014, 04:07 PM
Well N.C. isn't totally there yet. I may just not renew one of these days. It would make an interesting court case from the perspective of state regulation vs. federal vs. right to travel vs. right to travel within state. Still, I've stopped paying federal and state taxes so..consideration to this might need to be given despite the hassles that will ensue.

satchelmcqueen
09-10-2014, 04:15 PM
i thought this shit was voted down a few years ago??

devil21
09-10-2014, 04:27 PM

lol that's cute.

It was implemented as "regulations" instead of statute. That's where most of the fuckery is going on these days. Can't pass a law? Fine, just tack on some vague statutory language that refers authority to some agency to create regulations instead.

GunnyFreedom
09-10-2014, 04:31 PM
All I managed to do was to buy NC a little breathing room. :(

Dr.3D
09-10-2014, 04:40 PM
lol that's cute.

It was implemented as "regulations" instead of statute. That's where most of the fuckery is going on these days. Can't pass a law? Fine, just tack on some vague statutory language that refers authority to some agency to create regulations instead.

As if that agency has the authority to bypass congress.

pcosmar
09-10-2014, 05:12 PM

Several times..

And it keeps coming back. :(

09-10-2014, 05:21 PM
We rejected it here in Maine. At least twice it was voted down legislature in an overwhelming and bipartisan vote. People like privacy here.

Peace&Freedom
09-10-2014, 05:30 PM
lol that's cute.

Regulations that are TOTALLY unconstitutional, but will be treated as valid by the political class. This is an example of "the Constitutional Convention that is held every month" by the statists, who bypass the Constitution and separation of powers through case law, regulation and other "established precedent." WE argue about running one that may work in our direction, meanwhile the bad guys pull off a little one all the time through these tactics.

HVACTech
09-10-2014, 05:31 PM
lol that's cute.

"He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of Officers to harass our people and eat out their substance."

this sounds about right.

euphemia
09-10-2014, 05:49 PM
What drives me crazy is that illegals can go anywhere, do anything, and buy whatever they want with no ID at all.

invisible
09-10-2014, 05:50 PM
Including Massachusetts, six states have yet to comply with the REAL ID act: Alaska, Arizona, Louisiana, Maine and Oklahoma. Eventually, citizens in those states won’t be able to board an airplane without a legitimate identification.

Wrong! The only states not complying are NH, and possibly ME. I have seen conflicting reports of facial recognition being used in ME, but have been unable to confirm it either way. OK nullified it in the state legislature, but the Governor implemented it anyways via EO, and Kaye Beach has still been unable to get a court to hear her lawsuit (real id is a violation of religious freedom). The other states mentioned in the article are already using biometrics for drivers licenses. The article (and the fedgov) are probably defining "not complying" by some small detail, even though all of the other requirements are met for real id, including the biggest one, biometrics.

"Legitimate identification", my ass. I remember when you didn't need ANY identification to take an airplane somewhere.

HVACTech
09-10-2014, 05:59 PM
"Legitimate identification", my ass. I remember when you didn't need ANY identification to take an airplane somewhere.

do you know why they chose "Homeland" security? motherland and fatherland were taken. :D

FindLiberty
09-10-2014, 06:24 PM
Remember all the voter/constituent pushback and then the final sneaky moves that installed banking's "know your customer" policy a couple decades ago?

These (un-constitutional) days as the system crumbles, it seems that anything "they" want to impose doesn't even need to be called regulation, law, statute or have any name at all. They are just gonna' do it/force it (backed up by their big guber-guns and their human rape cages).

HVACTech
09-10-2014, 06:35 PM
Remember all the voter/constituent pushback and then the final sneaky moves that installed banking's "know your customer" policy a couple decades ago?

These (un-constitutional) days as the system crumbles, it seems that anything "they" want to impose doesn't even need to be called regulation, law, statute or have any name at all. They are just gonna' do it/force it (backed up by their big guber-guns and their human rape cages).

in before zippy.
they do not have bayonets,

reported.

SeanTX
09-10-2014, 06:36 PM
What drives me crazy is that illegals can go anywhere, do anything, and buy whatever they want with no ID at all.

And get on an airliner with just a note (if those reports from earlier in the summer were true).

Suzanimal
09-10-2014, 06:47 PM
I have an "enhanced" drivers license.:(

Zippyjuan
09-10-2014, 06:59 PM

So don't we need a National ID to be able to tell "them" from "us"? )(not saying I think we need one- we don't) (illegals face the same ID requirements as everybody else)

Zippyjuan
09-10-2014, 07:04 PM
And get on an airliner with just a note (if those reports from earlier in the summer were true).

The "note" was a court issued document and they must also still have ID to go with it.

http://www.breitbart.com/Breitbart-Texas/2014/08/22/TSA-Admits-Illegal-Aliens-Boarding-Planes-Using-Notice-to-Appear-Forms

According to the Gateway Pundit, the August 7 letter from the TSA admitted, "If a passenger does not have an acceptable form of identification, then the passenger is allowed to present two other forms of identification. One of the two forms of identification must bear the individual’s name and other identifying information such as photo, address, phone number, social security number, or date of birth. TSA may assess a variety of government issued documents to establish passenger identity. The I-862 form may be used along with another form of identification in this instance."

It continued, "If a passenger can only present a Form I-862, TSA will attempt to establish the passenger’s identity through DHS partner Components, such as U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) or U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)."

Anti Federalist
09-10-2014, 07:34 PM
Regulation without Representation!

HVACTech
09-10-2014, 08:36 PM
Regulation without Representation!

in a "representative Republic" that is not possible. :D

but only the smart ones can even come that close to knowing what form of gubbermint we have.

:toady:

Czolgosz
09-10-2014, 09:12 PM
A proper rejection letter:

http://loadoutroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/ak47_1.jpg

Origanalist
09-10-2014, 09:27 PM
As if that agency has the authority to bypass congress.

Congress shmongress, who needs Congress? And who cares about them anyway? We can always get a judge to do our bidding.

Dr.3D
09-10-2014, 09:31 PM
Congress shmongress, who needs Congress? And who cares about them anyway? We can always get a judge to do our bidding.
Well, maybe we could save a lot of money if we just stopped paying Congress. If they are not needed, we can cut costs.

Origanalist
09-10-2014, 09:34 PM
Well, maybe we could save a lot of money if we just stopped paying Congress. If they are not needed, we can cut costs.

It's kind of like royalty in Britain, they're just ceremonial figures now.

GunnyFreedom
09-10-2014, 09:34 PM

best idea of the year right here

GunnyFreedom
09-10-2014, 09:35 PM
It's kind of like royalty in Britain, they're just ceremonial figures now.

starve out the ceremony, unmask the beast?

Origanalist
09-10-2014, 09:36 PM

But that would be anarchy, and we can't have that.

Origanalist
09-10-2014, 09:43 PM

Like those swine even need their salaries. I imagine they could live quite well off of lobbyist's.