PDA

View Full Version : Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

Brian4Liberty
09-09-2014, 03:10 PM

Will there be an investigation into this? Enforcements of any rules, regulations or laws?

Holder Aide Accidentally Calls Issa Staff for Help Spinning IRS Scandal

A senior communications aide to Attorney General Eric Holder seemingly called House oversight committee chairman Darrell Issa's staff by accident and asked for their help spinning new revelations about the IRS scandal, Issa said in a September 8 letter to Holder.

The aide, Brian Fallon, is a former senior aide to Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY) and a well-known personality on Capitol Hill. The letter describes Fallon as “audibly shaken” when he realizes his request to leak documents to help get ahead of news stories about them was mistakenly made to the very office he was seeking to undermine. Issa believes the call was intended to be made to Democratic Rep. Elijah Cumming's staff, the ranking member on the oversight panel, the letter said.

According to the letter, Fallon – who is not named in the letter but confirmed he made the call – asked if the aides could release the IRS scandal documents to “selected reporters” to give Fallon an “opportunity to comment publicly on it.”

Fallon explained to Issa aides that the Justice Department's Office of Legislative Affairs had not permitted him to release the documents to the public and he wanted to get ahead of the story “before the Majority” – meaning Issa – could share it, according to the letter.

Issa aides – who had placed the call on speakerphone – were “caught off guard by the unusual nature of the call and the odd request” and asked Fallon to “e-mail the material for evaluation.”

“At this point,” Fallon “abruptly placed the call on hold for approximately three minutes.” When Fallon returned to the call, “he was audibly shaken. He immediately stated that there was a 'change in plans' and that there would be no effort” by DOJ to release the material early.
Issa said he is “disturbed” by the “apparently longstanding collaboration between the Obama administration and Ranking Member Cummings' staff to obfuscate and prejudice the Committee's work through under-the-table coordination.”

At the outset of the 112th Congress, when Republicans had just taken control of the House, Democrats forced former Rep. Edolphus Towns to step down as ranking member for fear that Issa would run roughshod over him. Since then, Cummings is widely considered to have done an effective job pushing back against Issa-led investigations.

In many cases, documents provided to congressional committees by the White House and administration are preemptively leaked to the media as they are being released to Congress. Called the “document dump,” the practise frequently occurs on Friday afternoons to help mitigate the political damage from the news contained in the documents.
More:
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/09/09/Letter-Holder-Aide-Accidentally-Calls-Issa-For-Help-Spinning-IRS-Scandal

phill4paul
09-09-2014, 03:28 PM
This can't possibly be true. Everyone within the government works with each other and knows exactly what everyone else is doing. There can't be any behind the back shenanigans by any of the agencies. This is what I'm told. There can't be any rogue elements within agency that would try to snow the American people. They would never try to cover something up. This is what I've been told.

Dr.3D
09-09-2014, 03:33 PM
This can't possibly be true. Everyone within the government works with each other and knows exactly what everyone else is doing. There can't be any behind the back shenanigans by any of the agencies. This is what I'm told. There can't be any rogue elements within agency that would try to snow the American people. They would never try to cover something up. This is what I've been told.
Exactly, not even a smidgen.

Danke
09-09-2014, 03:39 PM

Have you been drinking a few beers with bxm042?

otherone
09-09-2014, 03:58 PM
If People 'Can't Trust' Government,
http://conservativeangle.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/Obama211.jpg
'We're Going to Have Some Problems Here'

idiom
09-09-2014, 04:35 PM
Its like they are not even trying anymore.

JK/SEA
09-09-2014, 04:46 PM

in what year did they ever?...

Brian4Liberty
09-09-2014, 04:59 PM

There was one story about them cracking down on a political operative of some kind. It was quite a popular subject right here on the forum. What was his name again? Can't quite remember... but the powers that be finally came down on some political guy.

phill4paul
09-09-2014, 05:02 PM
Have you been drinking a few beers with bxm042?

Define "few."

osan
09-09-2014, 08:01 PM
There are times when I am simply unable to grok what is happening. Are these people really that inept? Are they mad... OK, they're mad so consider that one rhetorical. Are they doing this on purpose to condition the public to accept ever more profound corruption?

Danke
09-09-2014, 08:11 PM
Define "few."
technocrat

specsaregood
09-09-2014, 08:14 PM
There are times when I am simply unable to grok what is happening. Are these people really that inept? Are they mad... OK, they're mad so consider that one rhetorical. Are they doing this on purpose to condition the public to accept ever more profound corruption?

maybe they just like to whip it out and slap it in our face for the fun of it.

jkr
09-09-2014, 08:29 PM
wot a
bunch
of
USELESS
FUCKS

Dr.3D
09-09-2014, 08:35 PM
This is why I find it so hard to believe many of the conspiracy theories concerning them.
How could anybody so inept pull off such a thing?

thoughtomator
09-09-2014, 09:00 PM
It's not that they are inept, it is that they are consumed by hubris and fail to realize that they, too, are fallible - until it's too late. And often, not even then!

HOLLYWOOD
09-10-2014, 08:13 PM
More government RICO: Racketeering, Influence, Corruption & Organized Crime

A perfect example for my first rule of thumb:

Never believe anything the government tells you!