PDA

View Full Version : Ears Please! New Transcription of Ferguson Background Convo Vid

ronpaulhawaii
09-07-2014, 08:29 PM
Hey all, Someone sent the following to me and I am now on the road working, with little time to dig into it. It is a third attempt at transcribing the background conversation video and uses the word "dumping" rather than "coming" (back towards). I don't have headsets here and my speakers suck on this laptop... I'm going to post two of the vids. the top will be the new one and I will add the notes from the YT page, the second will be the "Enhanced" vid released earlier. The 3rd attempt just covers from 6:50 to 7:36 of the enhanced version. Please dig in and let me know what you guys think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxTrLz8EqTc

Notes: Published on Sep 4, 2014

After seeing this video transcribed on various websites including http://bit.ly/1t85GXJ and http://bit.ly/VvKYny I became intrigued by small word variations / omissions among them. So I decided to listen for myself to see what I heard based on phonetics and sentence flow not trying to support any single predetermined narrative.

What I discovered came as a COMPLETE SHOCK...we have another witness stating Darren Wilson shot multiple times as Michael Brown fled. There is no mention of Mike 'coming back' or 'doubling back' (depending on the website transcription) or in any way charging officer Wilson. We know this by full context of the key sentence as the witness says 'The next thing I know he [mystery word] back towards ONE OF 'EM'. In other words, officer Wilson is the 'he' and Dorian Johnson & Mike Brown are the ''em' or 'them'! This means the [mystery word] is describing the actions of Officer Wilson and NOT Mike Brown.

So what is this [mystery word] spoken at the 0:27 mark? It is actually 'DUMPIN' or in other words shooting! This corrected transcription explains two more key points of the conversation 1) why the witness felt the need to explain that 'the police had his gun drawn already' as he'd suddenly started shooting and 2) why the witness says the police 'KEPT dumpin'' 6 seconds later at the 0:33 mark - because he'd used the word 'DUMPIN' 6 seconds earlier!!

Enhanced source audio full length video here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyEoNbJYMsE

At this point the video is public, but not widely shared and there is someone on the YT questioning the new transcription. Thanks to all who take the time to help

kcchiefs6465
09-07-2014, 08:47 PM
A couple of things:

1. If he fired at the police, the police would have said that instantaneously to the press. If they found a gun, the police would have said that instantaneously to the press. It is possibly the witness is describing a gun shot being fired from the vehicle at Brown, and he is assuming it was Brown that fired and not the police officer.

2. "Dumping back" could mean a couple of things. It could mean, as I originally took it to mean when I first listened to the audio that he was coming back towards the officer. Not that he was firing a gun. It could also mean shooting (and is commonly used as a verb to describe shooting. Especially in the hood and in rap songs. See: Dumping [a magazine]).

I can say with a certainty that he was not shooting. If he were, it would have been on Fox News by now. So either the witness is confused as to who was shooting at whom during the confrontation inside the vehicle or he is referring to Brown running back towards the officer.

The transcript looks accurate. I have no idea what they are saying during the inaudible portions.

ronpaulhawaii
09-07-2014, 11:46 PM
A couple of things:

1. If he fired at the police, the police would have said that instantaneously to the press. If they found a gun, the police would have said that instantaneously to the press. It is possibly the witness is describing a gun shot being fired from the vehicle at Brown, and he is assuming it was Brown that fired and not the police officer.

2. "Dumping back" could mean a couple of things. It could mean, as I originally took it to mean when I first listened to the audio that he was coming back towards the officer. Not that he was firing a gun. It could also mean shooting (and is commonly used as a verb to describe shooting. Especially in the hood and in rap songs. See: Dumping [a magazine]).

I can say with a certainty that he was not shooting. If he were, it would have been on Fox News by now. So either the witness is confused as to who was shooting at whom during the confrontation inside the vehicle or he is referring to Brown running back towards the officer.

The transcript looks accurate. I have no idea what they are saying during the inaudible portions.

This transcription suggests the narrator wasn't talking about Brown coming back at Wilson, but suggests that Wilson was "dumping back towards one of em." With my speakers it does sound like "dumping" rather than "coming", but the next word "back" hardly makes sense in that case

kcchiefs6465
09-08-2014, 12:03 AM
This transcription suggests the narrator wasn't talking about Brown coming back at Wilson, but suggests that Wilson was "dumping back towards one of em." With my speakers it does sound like "dumping" rather than "coming", but the next word "back" hardly makes sense in that case
Well, "dumping back", in most cases would mean returning fire.

kcchiefs6465
09-08-2014, 12:07 AM
Upon listening to it fifteen more times.

He says, "The next thing I know [Brown] comin' back towards one of them."

"The police had his gun drawn already"

kcchiefs6465
09-08-2014, 12:27 AM
Okay, to clear it up.

He says Mike Brown was coming back towards the police and that the police officer had his gun drawn already. Afterwards he says that police kept shooting at Brown.