PDA

View Full Version : Scottish Independence: Yes Vote ahead for the First Time!

jclay2
09-07-2014, 04:58 AM
God I hope they can win. Regardless of the politics on the "yes" side, any move away from the globalist elite toward sovereignty is good in my mind. Lets just hope it doesn't turn out like the Quebec referendum and lose by the margin of error.

The YouGov research for the Sunday Times found 51% supported independence, compared to 49% who wanted to remain in the UK.

Rumours about the latest YouGov findings had been swirling for days. The firm has charted a remarkable turnaround for Yes, which has seen them recover from a 22 point deficit in just one month.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/scottish-independence-poll-puts-yes-in-lead-1-3533686

John F Kennedy III
09-07-2014, 05:08 AM
Do it for Mel Gibson!

Southron
09-07-2014, 07:08 AM
Maybe if this happens it will embolden independence movements in the U.S.

09-07-2014, 07:44 AM
So the UK is willing to let Scotland go, but keeps Northern Ireland?

RonPaulFanInGA
09-07-2014, 08:08 AM
Contrast that with the U.S. government, that responded to secession votes in the early 1860s with threats and violence.

(Probably wouldn't react much different if states tried it again today.)

Tod
09-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Is there any reason to believe that their votes are not rigged?

Carlybee
09-07-2014, 08:09 AM
Do it for Mel Gibson!

Mel Gibson is of Irish descent.

Tod
09-07-2014, 08:12 AM

I thought William Wallace was a Scot? :p :rolleyes:

Carlybee
09-07-2014, 08:17 AM
I thought William Wallace was a Scot? :p :rolleyes:

That's a character :p. I doubt Mel would give a rats behind one way or the other.

Carlybee
09-07-2014, 08:18 AM
Being about 3/4 Scots Irish, I say "yay" for independence. I actually have a cousin over there big into the Yes organization.

William Tell
09-07-2014, 08:20 AM
God I hope they can win. Regardless of the politics on the "yes" side, any move away from the globalist elite toward sovereignty is good in my mind. Lets just hope it doesn't turn out like the Quebec referendum and lose by the margin of error.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/uk/scottish-independence-poll-puts-yes-in-lead-1-3533686

As a Celt myself, I would love to think this is a good thing. Unfortunately, they will be staying int the European Union. They will probably adopt the Euro as their currency, at least Britain still has the Pound. Maybe they will be sovereign someday, I guess I still hope they win this vote. I'm glad Ireland is independent, although they are still in the EU:(

William Tell
09-07-2014, 08:24 AM
That's a character :p. I doubt Mel would give a rats behind one way or the other.

You are wrong, Mel is a big advocate of liberty, and independence. He is very anti globalist, he had a wonderful interview with Playboy in the 90s discussing such issues. Although since then he has chickened out a bit publicly, he's an Alex Jones type.:):cool:

Carlybee
09-07-2014, 08:50 AM
As a Celt myself, I would love to think this is a good thing. Unfortunately, they will be staying int the European Union. They will probably adopt the Euro as their currency, at least Britain still has the Pound. Maybe they will be sovereign someday, I guess I still hope they win this vote. I'm glad Ireland is independent, although they are still in the EU:(

It's a step forward though.

Carlybee
09-07-2014, 08:54 AM
You are wrong, Mel is a big advocate of liberty, and independence. He is very anti globalist, he had a wonderful interview with Playboy in the 90s discussing such issues. Although since then he has chickened out a bit publicly, he's an Alex Jones type.:):cool:

I was just razzing him about Mel's lineage vs Wallace. I'm thinking Wallace was of Pict ancestry, although many Scots originally came from Ireland as the Scoti. It's complicated. :p

Demigod
09-07-2014, 09:46 AM
So the UK is willing to let Scotland go, but keeps Northern Ireland?

They keep northern Ireland because if they leave there will be massacres between the protestants and Catholics.They literally separate them with walls.

No they won't ,UK is in the EU ,Scotland is not if they would like to join they would have to apply and there is no way the Spanish and Italians let them join. In any case I think that the Germans are behind all of this.

09-07-2014, 10:10 AM
They keep northern Ireland because if they leave there will be massacres between the protestants and Catholics.They literally separate them with walls.

Yes I know. I'm mostly Irish Catholic background and grew up in a heavily Irish Catholic area around IRA supporters. I don't have anything personal against the Unionists, but if they want to stay in the UK they can go back there.

It really bothers me that the UK is willing to let Scotland go so easily but still imposes rule on NI.

William Tell
09-07-2014, 10:11 AM
No they won't ,UK is in the EU ,Scotland is not if they would like to join they would have to apply and there is no way the Spanish and Italians let them join. In any case I think that the Germans are behind all of this.

Nigel Farage said Scotland will be in the EU regardless, I think he would know.

Pauls' Revere
09-07-2014, 10:15 AM
and perhaps a currency backed by gold. One can dream.

HOLLYWOOD
09-07-2014, 05:08 PM
Independence supporters should buy airtime the 24 hours prior to voting... should bump support up to 75%

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gr_OpFxCx-A

Conclude with this "Braveheart" shot to 10 Downing and country :D :

http://www.balloon-juice.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/WOLVERINESIMEANFREEDOM.jpg

John F Kennedy III
09-08-2014, 01:44 PM

I'm Scottish and Irish so it works either way.