PDA

View Full Version : An answer revealed: An Article 5 Convention of States

groverblue
09-06-2014, 04:41 PM
In Part 1 of this article, I merely scratched the surface of the long train of abuses and usurpations of Personal Liberty and States’ Rights committed by our federal government. Sighting just a few examples of the erosion of the Constitution, my goal to show that some action was needed, especially in light of the recent growth government.

So, with reference to the effect of the 17th Amendment, I pose a question to continue the conversation:

If both houses of Congress allegedly represent the person, who then represents the States governments at the federal level?

I offer that our States no longer have any real representation, which should scare you. It scares me, because events in our immediate vicinity have a greater impact on our life and liberty than what may occur several states away. If no one exists to represent our interests then we have no say, no representation, and no choice. If our state senates, however, were allowed to choose their delegates, I imagine the make-up the United State Senate would stand in stark contrast to the current one.

What recourse do states have to remedy the failed Seventeenth Amendment, especially consider the great odds that change will come from the United States Senate? An Article 5 Convention of States.

http://muckrakernews.com/2014/09/an-answer-revealed-an-article-5-convention-of-states/