PDA

View Full Version : 'Isis are using Snowden leaks to evade US intelligence'

Anti Federalist
09-05-2014, 08:12 PM
Knew it would only be a matter of time.

Don't go read the comments.

Do not.

'Isis are using Snowden leaks to evade US intelligence': Former NSA boss warns terror group are exploiting massive breach of security

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2745010/Isis-using-Snowden-leaks-evade-US-intelligence-Former-NSA-boss-warns-terror-group-exploiting-massive-breach-security.html#ixzz3CUts4Lb3

Islamic State extremists have studied and exploited the leaks made by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden to operate under the radar of U.S. intelligence, a former agency chief has claimed.

Chris Inglis said militants in Iraq and Syria are 'clearly' harder to track down since the rogue agent made freely available a wealth of top-secret information about how the U.S. government hunts its enemies online.

The terror group, Inglis said, has drastically altered its evasive tradecraft as a result of the data spill, and now operates only in the darkest corners of the internet, where they remain one step ahead of the intelligence community.

Inglis, who was the National Security Agency's deputy director when Snowden exposed how the NSA eavesdrops, said the leak 'went way beyond disclosing things that bore on privacy concerns', and delved deep into the agency's 'means and methods' used to stay on terrorists' tails.

He told the Washington Times: 'Having disclosed all of those methods, or at least some degree of those methods, it would be impossible to imagine that - as intelligent as they are in the use of technology, in the employment of communications for their own purposes - they wouldn't understand how they might be at risk to intelligence services around the world, not the least of which is the U.S. And they necessarily do what they think is in their best interest to defend themselves.'

twomp
09-05-2014, 09:04 PM
awwww fKKKK now we gotta get ISIS AND Snowden!! Prepare the drones! Destination: Moscow

TheTexan
09-05-2014, 09:16 PM
Goddamnit Snowden. Now instead of terrorists posting their plans on Facebook, they're doing it on this, where the NSA isn't listening:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-gZI_GucURww/U-EFEiJ1BWI/AAAAAAAACpQ/P5GslLaYDKA/s1600/ummaland.jpg

idiom
09-06-2014, 02:39 AM
Chris Inglis said militants in Iraq and Syria are 'clearly' harder to track down

THEY HAVE BLOODY BORDERS ON MAPS. READ A MAP > THERE THEY ARE.

AngryCanadian
09-06-2014, 04:43 AM
Idiots digging it eh? they should sign and take McCain with them.

mosquitobite
09-06-2014, 05:33 AM
here we go... cue the dumb

RJB
09-06-2014, 06:03 AM

Thanks. I'll take your advice. I'm enjoying a good Saturday morning coffee. My blood pressure doesn't need to shoot up right now reading the scrawl of panicked sheeple..

Anti Federalist
09-06-2014, 10:58 AM
Thanks. I'll take your advice. I'm enjoying a good Saturday morning coffee. My blood pressure doesn't need to shoot up right now reading the scrawl of panicked sheeple..

Good man.

jjdoyle
09-06-2014, 04:26 PM
Knew it would only be a matter of time.

Do not.

Why? I bet they are mostly pro-American. Snowden not only aided them, he probably was using his government paycheck and connections to fund them, and provide them arms. And now we can safely assume that Snowden went to Russia, so he could provide ISIS with direct satellite feed from Russia's military satellites.

Antischism
09-06-2014, 04:30 PM
Of course. There's always an excuse to tighten the grip around your throat a little more.

PRB
09-06-2014, 04:33 PM
why do they need to? don't they have insiders in our government already?

KCIndy
09-06-2014, 06:38 PM
It never fails to amaze me. People can be fooled, tricked, befuddled and led around by the nose SO easily.

Orwell was right. All it takes is an announcement from The Powers That Be and the vast majority believe it unquestioningly. The people believe it even when it directly contradicts the previous statements regarding what they should believe.

Does anyone - ANYONE - remember how the CIA and NSA and all the other alphabet agencies were bitching and moaning because al Qaeda and bin Laden were avoiding all forms of electronic communications, including cell phones and emails, because they knew the U.S. intelligence agencies were listening? Boo-Hoo, they're hiding in caves, our electronic intelligence is useless, blah blah blah.....

That.
Was.
Over.
Ten.
Years.
Ago.

Long before Snowden ever leaked anything.

Anyone remember back in '03 during the invasion of Iraq, how the mainstream media were running stories about how the U.S. intelligence agencies were hacking into Iraqi military communications and sending emails and even making direct cell phone calls to high-ranking Iraqi army commanders, offering them deals to surrender?

What the U.S. agencies could do via electronic surveillance was never a secret. NEVER!! The only secret (at least until Snowden's revelations it couldn't be proven) was the fact that the U.S. government was "doing it" to their own citizens in blatant violation of the law.

Ed Snowden is one of the very few people in today's world who deserves to be called a hero. It disgusts me to watch him being called a traitor by the very people he was trying to help.

I've always said no good deed goes unpunished. :(

kylejack
09-06-2014, 06:45 PM
More questionable reporting from the Daily Fail.

RJB
09-06-2014, 07:18 PM
Snowden not only aided them, he probably was using his government paycheck and connections to fund them, and provide them arms..

Who did he aid, Eurasia or Eastasia? We've always been at war with Eastasia.

bunklocoempire
09-07-2014, 04:03 AM

Is it time to start marketing my Freedom Cage?

LibForestPaul
09-07-2014, 06:34 AM
after knowing that their government
1) lied
2) unlawfully broke their own constitutional obligations
3) fabricated social content

Still
1) believe ISIS is real without question
2) believe ISIS actions as reported
3) believe need protections against ISIS.

Some odd thoughts:
1) comments = bots
2) ISIS = could the actually reported actions, members, and such all be lies? Media is tightly controlled.

KCIndy
09-07-2014, 08:27 AM
I wanted to look up this story to make sure I was remembering it correctly.

I was.

This is a link to a Salon.com article from March 25, 2003:
http://www.salon.com/2003/03/25/iraq_cell/

A few excerpts:

According to several press reports, U.S. military and intelligence personnel have managed to establish remarkably close contact with Iraq’s top military leaders. The Americans don’t just know these generals’ home and office telephone numbers; the CIA, it’s been reported, has a robust Rolodex of e-mail addresses, cellphone numbers and other high-tech means to contact both the warriors and their family members.

Jack Kelley, a reporter for USA Today, wrote on Monday of Iraqi Maj. Gen. Abdul Qassab, who is apparently the object of intense wooing from the U.S. Every day for the past few months, the general has received an anonymous phone call telling him to “give yourself up. You cannot win. You will be saved if you defect.”

“The first attempts to do this were during the 1999 Kosovo air campaign,” says Charles Borchini, a fellow at the Center for Emerging Threats and Opportunities and a former psychological operations — or psyops — officer in the Army. “There were attempts to contact key officials in Serbia to get them to stop fighting, much the same way we’re doing here.”

How does the U.S., in the heat of battle, manage to contact Serbians or Afghans or Iraqis who are presumably trying to hide from Americans? There’s no easy answer to that question, experts say. Suffice it to say, the CIA has resources that go beyond the Yellow Pages — if you’re a foreigner, the CIA can spy on you, and it’s not too hard to find out your phone number and e-mail address. Robert David Steele, a former spy and the founder of OSS.net, an intelligence company, said in an e-mail that his firm “can reach anyone in the world, including an Iraqi, within 3-5 telephone calls or 1-3 e-mails. We believe the U.S. Army is at least as capable — they are as intelligent an organization as we know of with respect to ‘information operations.’

Anyone reading this article TEN YEARS AGO would know to avoid all electronic forms of communications. Anyone in Iraq has probably heard stories about this stuff from the family and friends of the Iraqi army officials who received this anonymous emails and phone calls. (Remember, the article says the calls were made to family members as well as the officers. I wonder how one of those would go? "Tell your father to surrender, or else we are going to...."

But hey, forget the past. Forget common sense. Forget history.

It's all Snowden's fault. If he hadn't blabbed, nothing bad would be happening today.

And it must be true. Big Brother says so.

We've always been at war with Eastasia. We love Big Brother.

:(:mad:

Kotin
09-07-2014, 08:33 AM
Huge crock of shit....

ChristianAnarchist
09-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Huge crock of shit....

http://houseoffacts.com/Looman/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/Bill-Loomans-Crock-of-Shit.jpg
yup