PDA

View Full Version : Mike Brown had no felony juvenile record, and was not facing any charges when he was killed

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 05:38 PM
Whoopsie...

Juvenile court: Michael Brown had no most serious felony convictions or pending cases

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/juvenile-court-michael-brown-had-no-most-serious-felony-convictions/article_43c9bbbb-356f-5ea6-b9e2-7dde7e3e5c83.html

CLAYTON • As a child, Michael Brown was never found delinquent of the juvenile equivalents of Missouri’s most serious felony charges, and was not facing any at the time he died, a court official said Wednesday.

The St. Louis Post-Dispatch filed a petition Aug. 22 asking a judge in the St. Louis County Family Court to open any juvenile records on Brown, the unarmed 18-year-old shot to death last month by a Ferguson police officer. A conservative blogger from California had separately requested the records be opened.

Police had said earlier that the 18-year-old Brown had no adult criminal record.

The petitions went to a hearing Tuesday with St. Louis County Family Court Ellen Levy Siwak, who took the case under advisement.

But disclosures during and after the hearing on Tuesday put to rest claims by blogger Charles C. Johnson and others that Brown was facing a murder charge at the time he was shot to death.

Cynthia Harcourt, a lawyer for St. Louis County Juvenile Officer Kip Seely noted that some juvenile records and proceedings are open to the public: those that concern crimes that would be Class A or B felonies if a juvenile had been charged as an adult. But there were none for Brown.

After the hearing, the Post-Dispatch sought out Harcourt to clarify her statement. She told the Post-Dispatch that Brown was not facing any Class A or B charges when he died, either.

Class A felonies include second-degree murder and first-degree robbery; the penalties in adult court range from 10 years in prison to death. Class B felonies include voluntary manslaughter, second-degree robbery and first-degree burglary, with a maximum penalty of five to 15 years.

It is not known whether Brown had ever been accused of lesser offenses. Class C felonies, for example, which include involuntary manslaughter and second-degree assault, would become open only if there were two previous adjudications for class A, B or C felonies. That was not the case with Brown.

Joseph E. Martineau of Lewis Rice & Fingersh, attorney for the Post-Dispatch, acknowledged to Siwak that some juvenile court records are confidential under Missouri law.

But he argued that the primary reason to keep them confidential — to protect a child from entering adulthood with the stigma of a criminal record — expired with Brown's death. He said Siwak had the discretion to open files, and said there was heavy public interest in the details of Brown's life.

Martineau pointed to a general lack of transparency surrounding the police response to, and investigation of, the shooting. He said opening the juvenile files would “dispel speculation that occurs when proceedings are not open.”

Harcourt derided the claim as pure media curiosity that should not lead the judge to open any confidential records. She said if there were records of felonies, they would have been made public.

She acknowledged that Siwak could open files further but implored her not to, saying the integrity of the family court was on the line. And she said the court of public opinion weighing facts in the Brown case did not require the release of confidential records.

The parents of Michael Brown were represented at the hearing by their attorney, Anthony D. Gray. Although he did not speak in the hearing, outside the courtroom he blasted the Post-Dispatch and Johnson for requesting the juvenile files.

There was one reason, and one only, the organizations wanted to view the files, he said: “The character assassination of Mike Brown.”

St. Louis Post-Dispatch editor Gilbert Bailon disputed the idea that seeking any juvenile records was designed to impugn Michael Brown.

"We are a news organization that pursues facts, which are the basis of coverage. Innuendo and speculation through various forms of media have raised questions about whether Michael Brown had a criminal record. We are seeking to find those facts without prejudgment or bias."

"It is ironic that today's new information appears favorable to Michael Brown by stating he had no record of adult or serious juvenile crimes, yet some have characterized the pursuit of that information as damaging to Michael Brown,'' Bailon said.

JK/SEA
09-03-2014, 06:15 PM
Seems the cop has a more 'checkered' past than Brown.....but we have to be careful with character assasination with Wilson.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 06:17 PM
Seems the cop has a more 'checkered' past than Brown.....

One of the heroes?

The hell, you say.

orenbus
09-03-2014, 06:33 PM
Worst part is the lead up to getting access to the records, there were rumors and allegations being passed around social media, and on this very forum that the records were going to show that Brown had been party to a murder when he was 16 or some such nonsense which we know now was completely baseless. Most likely this was done intentionally to spread around false information to taint and poison public opinion. /smh

The other shoe is going to drop when Brown's juvenile record is revealed.

Brown's juvenile record may lead to association with the Crips.

http://youngcons.com/explosive-new-lawsuit-filed-in-st-louis-claims-michael-brown-was-a-suspect-for-second-degree/

http://youngcons.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Screen-Shot-2014-08-28-at-5.03.40-PM.png

http://www.aol.com/article/2014/08/27/lawsuit-to-release-michael-browns-juvenile-criminal-record/20953546/

JK/SEA
09-03-2014, 06:42 PM
One of the heroes?

The hell, you say.

yep...hard to believe...

brushfire
09-03-2014, 06:46 PM
yep...hard to believe...

http://i.imgur.com/34UsamS.gif

phill4paul
09-03-2014, 07:18 PM
AuH2O has assured me that this is not possible. He was a black gang member. It's simply not possible.

AuH20
09-03-2014, 07:22 PM
AuH2O has assured me that this is not possible. He was a black gang member. It's simply not possible.

This still has not been clarified. Nor has his entire juvenile record been disclosed. Just A and B felonies have been ruled out if you read the article. We have people prematurely doing a touchdown dance at the 20 yard line. Some posters should send money to Brown's family while they're at it. Maybe even erect a statue in his honor in the middle of the Ferguson town square.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2014/09/03/michael-brown-was-not-convicted-of-any-class-a-or-class-b-felonies-in-juvenile-court/

Class A felonies include second-degree murder and first-degree robbery; the penalties in adult court range from 10 years in prison to death. Class B felonies include voluntary manslaughter, second-degree robbery and first-degree burglary, with a maximum penalty of five to 15 years.

It is not known whether Brown had ever been accused of lesser offenses; any record of those would be part of a confidential family court file.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 07:31 PM
This still has not been clarified. Nor has his entire juvenile record been disclosed. Just A and B felonies have been ruled out. We have people prematurely doing a touchdown dance at the 20 yard line.

http://youngcons.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/Screen-Shot-2014-08-28-at-5.03.40-PM.png

Class A felonies include second-degree murder and first-degree robbery

But disclosures during and after the hearing on Tuesday put to rest claims by blogger Charles C. Johnson and others that Brown was facing a murder charge at the time he was shot to death.

Mike Brown may not have been a "gentle giant", and I, for one, never claimed he was.

Regardless, unarmed men are not supposed to be summarily executed in the street for "contempt of cop".

Go read the Balko article I just posted for an idea of the daily police aggression and shakedowns people in these small towns around St. Louis have to live under.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?459174-Outstanding-Balko-quot-Poverty-to-Prison-quot-article-on-the-80-plus-quot-CopLands-quot-surrounding-St-Louis

phill4paul
09-03-2014, 07:33 PM
How about the cops record? Something about being in a cop shop that was shut down for racism. Was that confirmed? Sending money? Did you send any? To anyone? WTF are you on about?

phill4paul
09-03-2014, 07:35 PM

Mike Brown may not have been a "gentle giant", and I, for one, never claimed he was.

Regardless, unarmed men are not supposed to be summarily executed in the street for "contempt of cop".

Go read the Balko article I just posted for an idea of the daily police aggression and shakedowns people in these small towns around St. Louis have to live under.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?459174-Outstanding-Balko-quot-Poverty-to-Prison-quot-article-on-the-80-plus-quot-CopLands-quot-surrounding-St-Louis

Oh shit. You mean AuH20's citizen journalist wasn't trustworthy? Damn. He seemed to put a lot of stake in this fella.

AuH20
09-03-2014, 07:36 PM
How about the cops record? Something about being in a cop shop that was shut down for racism. Was that confirmed? Sending money? Did you send any? To anyone? WTF are you on about?

The cop's record is fair game. Why wouldn't it be?

orenbus
09-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Breaking: DOJ launches investigation into [ENTIRE] Ferguson PD
http://www.myfoxal.com/story/26442790/doj-launches-investigation-into-ferguson-pd

FERGUSON, MO (CNN/RNN) - The Justice Department plans to launch a civil investigation into the Ferguson police department, according to a Missouri state and federal official.

Michael Brown, 18, was killed in August at the hands of Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson on Aug. 9.

The official source says the focus of this investigation will be the police department's practices and training.

The investigation will be conducted by the DOJ's Civil Rights division and will follow the same investigative process as previously filed excessive force claims of police.

The announcement of the new investigation will be made as early as Thursday morning, according to the Washington Post.

The DOJ is already investigating Brown's shooting death with the help of the FBI's. The DOJ have previously investigated 20 other law enforcement agencies in the last five years, and have had the legal authority to do so since 1994.

The Ferguson police department has been involved in a handful of lawsuits filed by people who claim excessive force was used.

According to NBC News, one man was charged by for damaging government property when four Ferguson police officers were accused of beating him and getting his blood on their clothing.

The unrest the followed Brown's shooting death was fueled in large part to Ferguson, MO residents voicing their disdain for police in the area.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 07:41 PM
Oh shit. You mean AuH20's citizen journalist wasn't trustworthy? Damn. He seemed to put a lot of stake in this fella.

Somebody wasn't.

Whatever Mike Brown was, he was not a convicted murderer, nor was he facing any charges at all, at the time of his death.

All that bullshit with regard to his criminal record and past, was just that, bullshit and FUD.

When you read through that article I posted, the only question that remains is "why did it take so long to riot"?

And all the "outside agitators" were coming from all the cop-land towns all around Ferguson, where the same thing was going on: cop shakedowns, harassment and a "poverty to prison" pipeline.

AuH20
09-03-2014, 07:48 PM
Somebody wasn't.

Whatever Mike Brown was, he was not a convicted murderer, nor was he facing any charges at all, at the time of his death.

All that bullshit with regard to his criminal record and past, was just that, bullshit and FUD.

When you read through that article I posted, the only question that remains is "why did it take so long to riot"?

And all the "outside agitators" were coming from all the cop-land towns all around Ferguson, where the same thing was going on: cop shakedowns, harassment and a "poverty to prison" pipeline.

Where did Johnson say he was a murderer? He simply stated that he had a tip about a possible connection to a gangland murderer. 2nd degree murder can be charged for mere association. Secondly, this report has (a) not divulged his entire JV record or (b) revealed to us about prior charges that never led to conviction. Theoretically, his entire record could be clean, but based on the tape, I seriously doubt it. You just don't decide to commit strong arm robbery out of the blue. That surveillance tape is the biggest hindrance to the Michael Brown case since it establishes a precedent of utilizing force in an illegal fashion, which would corroborate with the eyewitness reports of a possible physical struggle with the police officer.

phill4paul
09-03-2014, 07:51 PM
Where did Johnson say he was a murderer? He simply stated that he had a tip about a possible connection to a gangland murderer. 2nd degree murder can be charged for mere association. Secondly, this report has (a) not divulged his entire JV record or (b) revealed to us about prior charges that never led to conviction. Theoretically, his entire record could be clean, but based on the tape, I seriously doubt it. You just don't decide to commit strong arm robbery out of the blue. That surveillance tape is the biggest hindrance to the Michael Brown case since it establishes a precedent of utilizing force in an illegal fashion, which would corroborate with the eyewitness reports of a possible physical struggle with the police officer.

Balls in your court. Can you link the Johnson documents?

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 07:58 PM

Ummm, confirmed means confirmed.

(b) revealed to us about prior charges that never led to conviction

So he's guilty even if he's innocent then?

C'mon, you really reaching now...

"Mike Brown beat the cop and broke his skull!"

Not true.

"Mike Brown had juvenile rap sheet a mile long!"

Not true.

"Mike Brown was awaiting prosecution for other charges!"

Not true.

All we know is an unarmed man was shot and killed by a Ferguson cop, for, what seems to be, no good reason.

phill4paul
09-03-2014, 08:05 PM
So he's guilty even if he's innocent then?

ah, c'mon. You lived in a city with ghettos. They are animals there. Every single one of them.

AuH20
09-03-2014, 08:07 PM
ah, c'mon. You lived in a city with ghettos. They are animals there. Every single one of them.

I wouldn't go there. But we have some people that believe that police in certain crime ridden areas just go out and club someone over a head like a baby seal for absolutely no reason when over 90% of the police-citizen encounters in this country do not result in a violent confrontation.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 08:07 PM
Theoretically, his entire record could be clean, but based on the tape, I seriously doubt it.

No, not theoretically...

His adult record and what has been allowed to be dug up on his juvenile record IS clean.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 08:09 PM

I hate to keep plugging it, but everybody really needs to go read this.

It really explains a lot of what the people of Ferguson and the surrounding towns are suffering under.

AuH20
09-03-2014, 08:11 PM
I hate to keep plugging it, but everybody really needs to go read this.

It really explains a lot of what the people of Ferguson and the surrounding towns are suffering under.

You posted exactly what I've been screaming about for weeks. Revenue drives the actions of the police departments in this country. Revenue. Revenue. Greed as opposed to outright malice.

phill4paul
09-03-2014, 08:15 PM
I wouldn't go there. But we have some people that believe that police in certain crime ridden areas just go out and club someone over a head like a baby seal for absolutely no reason when over 90% of the police-citizen encounters in this country do not result in a violent confrontation.

Some cops do club people like baby seals. There is irrefutable evidence. That 10% you claim is a bitch when you are on the receiving end. Of course that could never happen to you. Ever.

AuH20
09-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Some cops do club people like baby seals. There is irrefutable evidence. That 10% you claim is a bitch when you are on the receiving end. Of course that could never happen to you. Ever.

Actually it has.

phill4paul
09-03-2014, 08:24 PM
Actually it has.

Please, share.

AuH20
09-03-2014, 08:31 PM
Please, share.

I think I had divulged this previously. About 10 years ago, I was traveling from Harlem towards midtown in a Cadillac Escalade around 1:30 AM when I was confronted and cut off by two unmarked police vehicles and 2 NYPD squad cars. I was immediately surrounded and had 5 Glocks pointed at my head from 3 different angles. I was then grabbed from the car and then slammed collarbone first into the rear window of my SUV. I was given a shot to the ribs with a nightstick and a few rabbit punches, all the while asking what I had done. I distinctly remember seeing the people in this nearby trendy outdoor cafe freak out and after seeing me being manhandled in such a violent fashion. LOL I was later revealed that they had thought I had stolen the vehicle and eventually my alleged DUI charge (I blew .0806 BAC) was thrown out.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 08:37 PM
You posted exactly what I've been screaming about for weeks. Revenue drives the actions of the police departments in this country. Revenue. Revenue. Greed as opposed to outright malice.

What could be more of an example of outright malice, than harassing, arresting, fining, jailing, beating, tasering, and killing people for your paycheck.

You've just become a meme, I think.

No Outright Malice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8zbR824FKpU

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 08:40 PM
No Outright Malice.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/assets/2014/02/nick-christie-pepper-sprayed-300x225.jpg

orenbus
09-03-2014, 08:54 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qEr_mZf06Y

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 09:16 PM
No Outright Malice.

http://i.huffpost.com/gen/1695749/thumbs/o-MANFATALLYSHOT-facebook.jpg

AuH20
09-03-2014, 09:25 PM
What could be more of an example of outright malice, than harassing, arresting, fining, jailing, beating, tasering, and killing people for your paycheck.

You've just become a meme, I think.

No Outright Malice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8zbR824FKpU

Wow. You are really getting ahead of yourself. Think of the way most human beings are wired. Most shy away from confrontation and that includes police officers. Logically speaking, if you incite enough confrontations eventually all it can take is one that can kill you. In the police officer's case, they want compliance and revenue. And yes, there are an increasing share of sociopaths that reflect this disturbing trend in our society that become officers. But to say that a plurality of police officers go out of their way to commit outright malice for sheer entertainment purposes is frankly ridiculous. Like I stated earlier, over 90% of the encounters between citizens and police officers do not involve violence.

thoughtomator
09-03-2014, 09:38 PM
Most likely this was done intentionally to spread around false information to taint and poison public opinion. /smh

What we're seeing is lawless police committing multiple additional crimes in order to cover up a murder by one of their own. The spreading of rumors falls under "obstruction of justice" - they're trying to poison the jury pool.

SeanTX
09-03-2014, 09:46 PM
This has to be BS. Neocons all over the net (and even HERE) were swearing up and down that Big Mike had a murder conviction in his sealed juvenile file. And that Officer what's his name had an orbital fracture, and broken jaw. You're gonna tell me none of that is true ? No way ...

AFPVet
09-03-2014, 09:53 PM
I am sick of the media race baiting. If this guy was white, we wouldn't hear about it on national news. It's sick propaganda.

AuH20
09-03-2014, 09:59 PM
I am sick of the media race baiting. If this guy was white, we wouldn't hear about it on national news. It's sick propaganda.

Yup. See Utah incident. Not a peep. Much worse optics too.

ronpaulhawaii
09-03-2014, 10:02 PM

First off, Chuck Johnson is the epitome of an demagogic partisan hack. I've even seen him call "The Dumbest Man on The Internet" (Google it) a "great" man. The guy is a profiteering tool and anyone who reposts his propaganda is demagogic themselves.

Now, about this alleged "Strong Arm" robbery, we really don't know what happened and the fact that the authorities cherry pick edited the tape makes me even more suspicious. For all we know, the store owner might have been arguing with Brown about extending more credit... It is telling that he never reported the "robbery" and, for certain, the term "Strong Arm Robbery", while it could be technically correct, barely applies to taking a box of Swishers. Again, I see Demagoguery

ronpaulhawaii
09-03-2014, 10:05 PM
This has to be BS. Neocons all over the net (and even HERE) were swearing up and down that Big Mike had a murder conviction in his sealed juvenile file. And that Officer what's his name had an orbital fracture, and broken jaw. You're gonna tell me none of that is true ? No way ...

Not neo-cons. Authoritarian Bootlickers.

liberty2897
09-03-2014, 10:08 PM

I have the same thoughts. I sent this same thought to everyone I know. The replies I got make me sick. I haven't been the same since. Time for some changes. They are doing the bidding of their masters. They blindly fuck all-of-us over every single day of the week regardless of race and religion (except the one their masters follow).

SeanTX
09-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Not neo-cons. Authoritarian Bootlickers.

Aren't they the same thing really ?

Well, of course many boot lickers are "liberals" -- but plenty of "conservatives/neocons" are as well . They both want a police state, but just disagree on how it should be brought about.

AuH20
09-03-2014, 10:39 PM
Brown's stepfather Louis Head has a long rap sheet, including gang relations. See snippets below. Meanwhile, Wilson's mother was a drug addict and thief who died when he was only 16.

http://gotnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Screen-Shot-2014-09-03-at-4.28.05-PM.png

http://gotnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Screen-Shot-2014-09-03-at-4.27.47-PM.png

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 11:32 PM
Wow. You are really getting ahead of yourself. Think of the way most human beings are wired. Most shy away from confrontation and that includes police officers. Logically speaking, if you incite enough confrontations eventually all it can take is one that can kill you. In the police officer's case, they want compliance and revenue. And yes, there are an increasing share of sociopaths that reflect this disturbing trend in our society that become officers. But to say that a plurality of police officers go out of their way to commit outright malice for sheer entertainment purposes is frankly ridiculous. Like I stated earlier, over 90% of the encounters between citizens and police officers do not involve violence.

Most human beings are not cops, nor do they aspire to be one. The role of cop attracts a certain type of mindset and person to start with.

I do not disagree that most encounters with cops will come off as routine, with no violence.

However, the odds of a random encounter with cop going sideways, resulting in your death or hospitalization, are significant, and not to be taken lightly.

These incidents will increase, as more cops are trained that we are not fellow citizens to be protected and served, but rather, are hostiles, to be neutralized with any and all force deemed appropriate by the attacking cop, up to and including lethal force.

You make it sound as if they are nothing more than a code enforcement bureaucrat, looking to write non compliance fines.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 11:34 PM
Brown's stepfather Louis Head has a long rap sheet, including gang relations. See snippets below. Meanwhile, Wilson's mother was a drug addict and thief who died when he was only 16.

Really?

We can't pin anything on Brown, so we'll dredge up what his stepfather did.

liberty2897
09-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Really?

So we can't pin anything on Brown, so we'll dredge up what his mom and stepfather did.

Fucking makes me want to puke. This whole thing is staged by the "powers that be". and most are buying into it.

[edit]
Just so I'm clear on my point, I want to say that the people of Ferguson are amazing. They are the only people who have actually stood up to those motherfuckers in the street. I just don't understand why there aren't more people doing the same. These things happen every day across all races... but the media focuses on this one place and this one race.

AuH20
09-03-2014, 11:48 PM
Really?

We can't pin anything on Brown, so we'll dredge up what his dead mom and stepfather did.

Reread what I wrote. Sheesh. It was Wilson's mother.

Anti Federalist
09-03-2014, 11:53 PM

My mistake.

Edited.

Mani
09-04-2014, 02:00 AM

http://gotnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Screen-Shot-2014-09-03-at-4.28.05-PM.png

http://gotnews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Screen-Shot-2014-09-03-at-4.27.47-PM.png

If the parents are bad, it's best to take out the kids as well. It's the American Way.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/18/opinion/the-drone-that-killed-my-grandson.html?_r=0

http://danbojangles.files.wordpress.com/2013/10/al-awlaki-abdulrahman.jpg

Mani
09-04-2014, 03:03 AM
No Outright Malice.

http://31.media.tumblr.com/e88b9331d7d1322082a011e7130aa2fb/tumblr_mz1ujukVjt1qbfa4to7_r1_500.png

SewrRatt
09-04-2014, 04:19 AM
Like I stated earlier, over 90% of the encounters between citizens and police officers do not involve violence.

Yeah, I don't know what people are getting so worked up over. Over 90% of the time I interact with someone, I don't beat, pepper spray, tase, or shoot them.

Anti Federalist
09-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I don't know what people are getting so worked up over. Over 90% of the time I interact with someone, I don't beat, pepper spray, tase, or shoot them.

Just don't run afoul of you on day ten, amirite?

JK/SEA
09-04-2014, 09:06 AM
why, just the other day i saw a cop help a little old lady cross the street. See, there are some 'good' cops, even though i never hear, or see any of them come out publicly denouncing dog shootings, flash bangs on babies in cribs, beating to death some mentally ill homeless person or shootings that are clearly murder...but that little old lady is safe....thats the main thing..

sparebulb
09-04-2014, 09:14 AM

Interesting. I missed that as well.

Just think how the double-standard will come into play:

Brown was the product of a multiple generations of family involved in serious crime and drug use.

Wilson grew up in a family that was stricken with drug abuse. He was inspired to dedicate his life to combating this destructive disease and to serve his community as a police officer.

twomp
09-04-2014, 09:16 AM
In America, contempt of cop is punishable by death.

jjdoyle
09-04-2014, 09:31 AM
why, just the other day i saw a cop help a little old lady cross the street. See, there are some 'good' cops, even though i never hear, or see any of them come out publicly denouncing dog shootings, flash bangs on babies in cribs, beating to death some mentally ill homeless person or shootings that are clearly murder...but that little old lady is safe....thats the main thing..

Justification of their own actions, while condemning others that do the same, or not even the same. Always pointing us mundanes to "the law", while ignoring and excusing the corruption within their own departments. WHEN THEY KNOW ABOUT IT. And if they can't get you on actual charges, don't think some of them won't make up a story and lie about what actually happened, and try to get a false confession for the sake of sending you off.
Kind of makes me wonder if some around here are police, or work for police...

I do have a question on this topic though. Is the picture of the officer that is circulating looking like he got the mess beat out of his face, real?

AuH20
09-04-2014, 09:36 AM
Justification of their own actions, while condemning others that do the same, or not even the same. Always pointing us mundanes to "the law", while ignoring and excusing the corruption within their own departments. WHEN THEY KNOW ABOUT IT. And if they can't get you on actual charges, don't think some of them won't make up a story and lie about what actually happened, and try to get a false confession for the sake of sending you off.
Kind of makes me wonder if some around here are police, or work for police...

I do have a question on this topic though. Is the picture of the officer that is circulating looking like he got the mess beat out of his face, real?

I think the larger issue is an immature populace that can't or won't take care of their own issues. As bad as it sounds, Americans deserve these police just like they deserve their politicians. We all know the police are worth more than their trouble in some instances, but that doesn't stop Boobus from calling 911 24/7 for sometimes the most mundane requests. Do you think that police magically show up out of the blue to a 'crime scene' on gut instinct?

jjdoyle
09-04-2014, 09:47 AM
I think the larger issue is an immature populace that can't or won't take care of their own issues. As bad as it sounds, Americans deserve these police just like they deserve their politicians. We all know the police are worth more than their trouble in some instances, but that doesn't stop Boobus from calling 911 24/7 for sometimes the most mundane requests. Do you think that police magically show up out of the blue to a 'crime scene' on gut instinct?

Apparently the police can show up magically out of the blue on no crime scene, and make it one. New York man strangled to death? North Carolina teen, shot to death. "We don't have time for this!"

And around my area, the sheriff is now actually being referred to as "nefarious" by some, I kid you not, with signs on the street. A few locals have been hanging up the signs in the area, with his picture, and different messages about him:
http://abc11.com/archive/9498282/

KingNothing
09-04-2014, 09:59 AM

Absolutely agreed, which puts us in a weird spot. The two sides are the police, and the race-baiting media. In between, you have a guy who was caught on camera committing a strong arm robbery, which his friend confirms. It seems to me that literally every participant in this mess is an asshole. The cops, always in fear for their own lives, were almost certainly too quick to shoot. The "gentle giant," was almost certainly not gentle. What gentle man commits strong arm robbery? The media.... jesus. The media.

No side deserves to be defended in this. Everyone deserves castigation.

KingNothing
09-04-2014, 10:01 AM
I think the larger issue is an immature populace that can't or won't take care of their own issues. As bad as it sounds, Americans deserve these police just like they deserve their politicians.

As usual, we are the biggest threat to our own lives, liberty and wealth. We absolutely get what we, as a society, demand.

AuH20
09-04-2014, 10:12 AM
As usual, we are the biggest threat to our own lives, liberty and wealth. We absolutely get what we, as a society, demand.

We have created a wicked system predicated on envy, resentment, corruption & irresponsibility and then people act indignant when the state sanctioned guards run out of control? Really? Someone needs a mirror.

Anti Federalist
09-04-2014, 10:17 AM
I think I had divulged this previously. About 10 years ago, I was traveling from Harlem towards midtown in a Cadillac Escalade around 1:30 AM when I was confronted and cut off by two unmarked police vehicles and 2 NYPD squad cars. I was immediately surrounded and had 5 Glocks pointed at my head from 3 different angles. I was then grabbed from the car and then slammed collarbone first into the rear window of my SUV. I was given a shot to the ribs with a nightstick and a few rabbit punches, all the while asking what I had done. I distinctly remember seeing the people in this nearby trendy outdoor cafe freak out and after seeing me being manhandled in such a violent fashion. LOL I was later revealed that they had thought I had stolen the vehicle and eventually my alleged DUI charge (I blew .0806 BAC) was thrown out.

So, what did you do wrong?

C'mon, what are you hiding?

Police just don't "pop up out of nowhere" to do stuff like this to innocent people.

Anti Federalist
09-04-2014, 03:56 PM
////

Anti Federalist
09-05-2014, 03:26 PM
Bump for new Mike Brown news.