PDA

View Full Version : A truly SOBERING letter to the media-from a new RP supporter

Dave Wood
12-02-2007, 02:28 PM
An Open letter to ‘Old Media’ to please continue to ignore Republican Candidate Ron Paul.
Posted on December 2nd, 2007 by pete

An Open letter to ‘Old Media’ to please continue to ignore Republican Candidate Ron Paul.

by: http://stealthfiction.com/please-ignore-ron-paul/
Sometimes I wish I understood, but could not seem to comprehend why you do it, but then minutes later I did not give a damn any more. And that is why you will fail.

Why are you so set on who you want the presidential candidates to be? Is it that you see that the Status Quo is threatened? Is change such a bad thing? Maybe the reason doesn’t matter. In the end of each day, no matter if you are a democrat, republican, liberal, conservative, neo-con, corporate power representative , or what ever else … We are all still United States Citizens. We all care about America, right … Right? The sad truth is that we do not. Perhaps liberty is not a concern of the powerful, and If you do not care, then I can not care for you. And that is why you will fail.

For years you force fed what you deem to be important down the throats of Americans citizens. Minimized most of what the public should be concerned about while sensationalizing the mundane and trivial. Did you do it for the all powerful dollar? The same dollar that is now worth half of what it was worth a few years ago? Even as I ask, the reason does not matter, and that is why you will fail.

I must admit that you almost had me. At one time I felt that the United States reigned supreme, the greatest, the infoulable, the just. Those were happy times … so I happily ignored reality while I sort-of-listened to your newscasters tell me how it really was. Oh yes, I remember … The ‘Sold’ war. The logic, your logic, to me it made sense. it was simple really, simple enough for the average channel surfer or newspaper reader to get: To defend, we must go on the offense. To protect ourself, we must attack them. And years later, after the reasons we went there had changed and changed again … And when there was no army left for us to fight … new reasons were given to us as to why are still there and why we had to stay. But, like so many others, I could flip through the channels, not feeling anything as the casualty toll rose and rose. And that is why you will fail.

If not for you, maybe I would not have ever given a damn. I do not remember exactly when, or how it happened, I can only remember the ‘why’: Giuliani Vs. Clinton, or maybe Rommy Vs. Obama or maybe it would be McCain VS. Edwards. Flick, flick, flick, same, same, same, ‘one of these guys WILL be your candidate, we say so.’ I change the channel again. I could not care less because I did not care at all. And that is why you will fail.

I must thank you for opening my eyes. You see, somewhere in the haze, something began to stand out. Every once in a while I would be trying to ignore you while waiting for the next rerun of my favorite show and you would continue to tell us who our president would be. Then you went out of your way to tell us that there was someone who has ‘No chance’ and you did not know why they were even trying. At first I dismissed it, after all, you were telling us who was ‘winning’, and you could be trusted, but the more I heard about the guy who absolutely had ‘No CHANCE!’ This man, ‘Ron Paul, would never … could never …’ the closer I began to listen. Somehow if you hear shouting for so long, it simply becomes background noise and the smallest whisper can be heard. In all of your screaming about who was winning, the only thing I picked up was the name that you said, could not. And that is why you will fail.

“Google Ron Paul!” A sign said. It was somewhere on a side street in MD, as I drove home one day. Because of you, I remembered that name. I wanted to see what it was about this person that made you so sure he could not be in the running. So I went home and looked up the name. I do not even have to tell you what happened then. Almost any American that does it for themselves already knows what I’m talking about. I will never forget that it was your bias against this man that made me remember him. And that is why you will fail.

Now as I close out this letter, I imagine that for every person who looked into this so called ‘No Chance’ candidate you think to your collective selves: ‘ “So What! You are in the minority, you still have no chance! No Chance! No Chance!” ‘ I would just like to point out that our numbers (even though they continue to grow substantially), do not matter. They truly do not. Have you realized why yet? No? It’s because the average person that listens to you is exactly like I was. You tell them who you think our next president will be and they will happily sit back and accept that you know what you are talking about. On their recliners or couches, fine with the status quo, they do not think they count and they will not make an effort to vote. After all, You told them the battle has already been decided. With the exception of the ones who look in to the only person who can not win, the rest will not give a damn at all … ever. Meanwhile this minority, this revolution, it does what it does, these amazing things that have never been done before, these are the people who are out there making a change, and then there is you, continuing to do the best thing for us by ignoring Ron Paul. And that is why you will fail

Valene
12-02-2007, 02:32 PM
Your letter is so true. Thank you for posting it.

cien750hp
12-02-2007, 02:33 PM
one thing: it is not "will fail" any more, its more "in the process of failing"
else great article! :)

FreeTraveler
12-02-2007, 02:36 PM
Excellent letter! If you truly want to understand why the media is as it is, watch the following video:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6632255652046262625&hl=en

Warning: don't watch unless you want to change your life. This video truly is the red pill, and once you've watched it you can't go back... ever.

stealthfiction
12-05-2007, 10:30 PM
Hello everyone.

Glad you all liked it... here's some more details...

Few days back I wrote up the article, as part of a writing project I thought up to help promote Dr. Paul, it was (an open letter) about the media and their treatment of him. It quickly ran up the popular list at Digg.com becoming the number one story in 24 hours. Currently it is the #1 story for the last seven days in the 2008 presidential elections section and #4 overall in the last seven days. There are close to 5,000 diggs on the article.

Within the first 6 hours over 40,000 people visited the site, within the first day over 70,000. currently it is now close to 80,000. I'm extremely happy that I was able to help spread the message!

There is one last goal that we might be able to reach with this article but I'll need your help to do it. There is a very popular podcast that reviews the top dugg stories each week called diggnation. I'm not quite sure what the cut off point is, sometimes its the top 10 other times the top four. However, the are still a few days left to get some Diggs in on the article and hopefully insure that it gets discussed on diggnation. If so, I have no doubt it will trigger even greater interest in the message of freedom.

The digg link is here:

http://www.digg.com/2008_us_election...gnore_Ron_Paul

The direct link to the article is here:

http://stealthfiction.com/please-ignore-ron-paul/

Share the links if you can, post them around, the more exposure the better, and maybe we can make this happen.

Keep up the good work everyone,
Kris

Dave Wood
12-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Hello everyone.

Glad you all liked it... here's some more details...

Few days back I wrote up the article, as part of a writing project I thought up to help promote Dr. Paul, it was (an open letter) about the media and their treatment of him. It quickly ran up the popular list at Digg.com becoming the number one story in 24 hours. Currently it is the #1 story for the last seven days in the 2008 presidential elections section and #4 overall in the last seven days. There are close to 5,000 diggs on the article.

Within the first 6 hours over 40,000 people visited the site, within the first day over 70,000. currently it is now close to 80,000. I'm extremely happy that I was able to help spread the message!

There is one last goal that we might be able to reach with this article but I'll need your help to do it. There is a very popular podcast that reviews the top dugg stories each week called diggnation. I'm not quite sure what the cut off point is, sometimes its the top 10 other times the top four. However, the are still a few days left to get some Diggs in on the article and hopefully insure that it gets discussed on diggnation. If so, I have no doubt it will trigger even greater interest in the message of freedom.

The digg link is here:

http://www.digg.com/2008_us_election...gnore_Ron_Paul

The direct link to the article is here:

http://stealthfiction.com/please-ignore-ron-paul/

Share the links if you can, post them around, the more exposure the better, and maybe we can make this happen.

Keep up the good work everyone,
Kris

Kris, welcome and that was an excellent piece of writing!! The first time I read it, I had to sit and think for about 1/2 hour....same way I feel "and that is why you will fail"

ClockwiseSpark
12-05-2007, 10:38 PM
Excellent, very well written.

slowmotionjones
12-05-2007, 10:45 PM
Good letter.

Your link didn't work for me though.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Please_Ignore_Ron_Paul

Ozwest
12-05-2007, 10:46 PM
Thanks for your insightful letter.

You have captured the essence of many a Ron Paul supporter in this forum.

ShowMeLiberty
12-05-2007, 11:03 PM
Fantastic letter, Kris - 100% truth!

I Dugg it. :)

slantedview
12-05-2007, 11:09 PM
preach!

jm1776
12-05-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the letter. dugg it

amakris
12-05-2007, 11:51 PM
Excellent letter! If you truly want to understand why the media is as it is, watch the following video:

http://video.google.com/googleplayer.swf?docId=6632255652046262625&hl=en

Warning: don't watch unless you want to change your life. This video truly is the red pill, and once you've watched it you can't go back... ever.

Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed it.

caradeporra
12-06-2007, 12:05 AM
we all need to send letters like this in mass.... www.blitzthemedia.com

December 14th Blitz!

Jodi's mom
12-06-2007, 09:59 AM
Just hope the media doesn't catch on!