PDA

View Full Version : Smear piece

skfornh
09-03-2014, 10:29 AM
I won't give the author the traffic, but it's a lefty blog that is paranoid about a Tea Party / Free State / Koch Brothers takeover and regularly "reports" on Facebook drama

House candidate: Free State Project leading the way to return N.H. to truly being ‘Live Free or Die’ state

Republican state House candidate Shem Kellogg is an outspoken evangelist for the Free State Project. He began recruiting others to join the movement soon after he moved to New Hampshire, handing out Free State Project flyers during Ron Paul speeches in Rhode Island and Pennsylvania.

Today, he’s running for a seat in the New Hampshire House in Rockingham District 14, which comprises the towns of Atkinson and Plaistow. Kellogg is one of four Republicans running in the heavily Republican (PVI: R+12) four-seat district.

Kellogg’s campaign website doesn’t mention his FSP affiliation (he’s a “twelfth-generation New Englander,” it says) but he hasn’t shied away from continuing to promote the group.

The Tenth Amendment Center, an advocacy organization promoting the use of “nullification as a means to block federal overreach,” recently published an essay by Kellogg in which he held up the Free State Project as the group leading the way to return New Hampshire to being the “Live Free or Die” state:

The United States was once a constitutional republic, and today New Hampshire is on the forefront in the battle to return the U.S. to its original principles of state sovereignty, limited federal government and individual liberty. […]

There is still a long way to go before New Hampshire truly returns to being the “Live Free or Die” state that is stamped on our license plates. But the early movers of the Free State Project, combined with the New Hampshire natives who still honor the Old Republic, are giving the Empire a run for its money. If you want to build a free future, where state sovereignty is celebrated and independence is embraced, New Hampshire is the place to be. Join me, and together we can bring freedom to the Galax… well, to one small corner of one small planet anyway.

They picked up on my recent Tenth Amendment article which I will proudly link here: http://blog.tenthamendmentcenter.com/2014/09/new-hampshire-a-hotbed-for-liberty/

Deborah K
09-03-2014, 10:59 AM
Shem, where's the smear? Am I missing something? Is being associated with FSP considered a bad thing in general (the left notwithstanding)?

Keith and stuff
09-03-2014, 12:54 PM
Shem, where's the smear? Am I missing something? Is being associated with FSP considered a bad thing in general (the left notwithstanding)?

Not in my mind. Some people are against certain things. So, sometimes it helps politicians to not be publicly associated with anything. That's why the Facebook pages for a lot of politicians don't include any detailed information on their positions.

Shem is really putting himself out their by talking about who he is and what he believes in. It is certainly not something you would expect from a politician. It reminds me of what a statesmen would do. Or perhaps I was confused and thinking of Ron Paul there for a minute :toady: