PDA

View Full Version : One possible path to freedom in the US.

Madison320
09-03-2014, 08:17 AM
Collapse of the dollar followed by one or more states seceding. Hopefully a peaceful secession. I think a dollar collapse is inevitable. The second part, a state seceding is the dicey part of my "prediction". But I don't see the US as a whole ever getting it right. And I don't see a state trying to secede until a major disaster, like a dollar collapse.

CaptUSA
09-03-2014, 08:32 AM
So, I guess the question would be, how would you know if the dollar collapsed? It seems to me we've been in a collapse for quite some time.

http://rebootingcapitalism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/US-dollar-Value-3-value-of-the-dollar.jpg

Southron
09-03-2014, 09:11 AM
I sure dont see a national solution.

Madison320
09-03-2014, 10:10 AM
So, I guess the question would be, how would you know if the dollar collapsed? It seems to me we've been in a collapse for quite some time.

When the slow collapse turns into a fast collapse. I'm watching gas and oil prices. They've been pretty stable for awhile now. My guess is we're going to see another increase in QE before we start to see prices rise fast.

AuH20
09-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Collapse of the dollar followed by one or more states seceding. Hopefully a peaceful secession. I think a dollar collapse is inevitable. The second part, a state seceding is the dicey part of my "prediction". But I don't see the US as a whole ever getting it right. And I don't see a state trying to secede until a major disaster, like a dollar collapse.

Think of the federal government & state relationship like a modern day marriage. The Sugar Daddy is throwing around grants, loans and financing with reckless abandon. Eventually, the spouse is going to run out the door for greener pastures.

Madison320
09-04-2014, 09:20 AM
Think of the federal government & state relationship like a modern day marriage. The Sugar Daddy is throwing around grants, loans and financing with reckless abandon. Eventually, the spouse is going to run out the door for greener pastures.

And when the dollar collapses the Sugar Daddy is not going to have anything to bribe the states with.

helmuth_hubener
09-04-2014, 09:44 AM
I think a dollar collapse is inevitable. Nothing is inevitable. To think that your own future prediction is inevitable is the height of hubris.

With that said, secession is a very viable path to liberty, as I see it. Before de jure secession should come de facto secession. Before de facto secession should come the repeal and elimination of all local-level tyranny.

Rather than waiting for the God from the Machine (Deus ex machina) called "dollar collapse" to swoop down and save us, I believe it would be more productive to do something pro-active and intelligent in order to make things happen ourselves. Thus, I have a thread:

Creating a Free Town or County (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?456305-Creating-a-Free-Town-or-County&p=5597278#post5597278)

Please come and offer your thoughts to help make this a reality.

AuH20
09-04-2014, 09:45 AM
Nothing is inevitable. To think that your own future prediction is inevitable is the height of hubris.

With that said, secession is a very viable path to liberty, as I see it. Before de jure secession should come de facto secession. Before de facto secession should come the repeal and elimination of all local-level tyranny.

Rather than waiting for the God from the Machine (Deus ex machina) called "dollar collapse" to swoop down and save us, I believe it would be more productive to do something pro-active and intelligent in order to make things happen ourselves. Thus, I have a thread:

Creating a Free Town or County (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?456305-Creating-a-Free-Town-or-County&p=5597278#post5597278)

Please come and offer your thoughts to help make this a reality.

In a world of finite resources, eventually an abused fiat currency will burn itself out. Now the timeline of such a correction could wildly vary.

helmuth_hubener
09-04-2014, 10:29 AM
In a world of finite resources, eventually an abused fiat currency will burn itself out. Now the timeline of such a correction could wildly vary. Nothing is inevitable in the realm of human action. No one can read the minds of seven billion people. No one can predict their choices.

Is it inevitable that the US dollar will be badly inflated, "abused" as you put it? No. We don't know. It seemed inevitable to many people in the 1970s that the dollar would continue to be abused. Instead, lo and behold, we get a new Fed Chairman and a relatively soft landing, setting the stage for 20 years of prosperity.

We just never know what's going to happen. Rather than passively sit around waiting for things that we are oh-so convinced are "inevitable," we should work to take charge of our lives and destinies and make things happen on our own. If you share such an attitude, I would encourage you to stop by my thread about creating a free town or county.

DamianTV
09-04-2014, 11:46 AM
I sure dont see a national solution.

I do. So did Ron Paul.

END THE FED
(FED = Federal Reserve Bank)

Madison320
09-05-2014, 01:59 PM
Nothing is inevitable. To think that your own future prediction is inevitable is the height of hubris.

100% inevitable? Maybe not. Based on the historical evidence of fiat currencies (almost 100% failure rate) and the rate we are printing and borrowing, I'd say the chances of a dollar collapse are incredibly high.

Carlybee
09-05-2014, 02:07 PM
After the chaos, street violence, riots and police oppression of course.