PDA

View Full Version : Rasmussen nationwide poll

Bradley in DC
06-27-2007, 08:14 AM
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee is atop the second tier safely behind the leading candidates at 3%. Six other candidates--Senator Sam Brownback, Congressman Ron Paul, Congressman Tom Tancredo, former Governor Tommy Thompson, Congressman Duncan Hunter, and former Governor Jim Gilmore—split 7% of the vote. Seventeen percent (17%) are not sure.

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/2008_republican_presidential_primary

RON PAUL favorable impression/unfavorable (http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/favorables/election_2008_republican_candidates_running_in_200 8_presidential_election)
14% / 27

Dr. Paul is the least well-known of all of the candidates listed. We have work to do guys!

DjLoTi
06-27-2007, 08:19 AM
Lowest 'unfavorable' rating among all candidates :)

Scribbler de Stebbing
06-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee is atop the second tier safely behind the leading candidates at 3%. Six other candidates--Senator Sam Brownback, Congressman Ron Paul, Congressman Tom Tancredo, former Governor Tommy Thompson, Congressman Duncan Hunter, and former Governor Jim Gilmore—split 7% of the vote. Seventeen percent (17%) are not sure.

http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/2008_republican_presidential_primary

RON PAUL favorable impression/unfavorable (http://rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/favorables/election_2008_republican_candidates_running_in_200 8_presidential_election)
14% / 27

Dr. Paul is the least well-known of all of the candidates listed. We have work to do guys!

Rasmussen has never been favorable to RP. They didn't even report on him (did they include him?) until very recently. Polling is subjective, and if their bias is against him, they will reflect that. I'm not saying it's necessarily a cognizant bias, just that they try to make the numbers they report a reflection of what they THINK the numbers SHOULD be.

I see now how they will report Ron Paul's fundraising:

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, considered the leader of the second tier, raised $2 million. Six other candidates--Senator Sam Brownback, Congressman Ron Paul, Congressman Tom Tancredo, former Governor Tommy Thompson, Congressman Duncan Hunter, and former Governor Jim Gilmore— each averaged around $1 million. (RP will have raised $5 million; the others each $200,000.)

MsDoodahs
06-27-2007, 08:29 AM
Rasmussen's polling is no different than any other - he's attempting to sway opinion in a specific direction.

He is PAID to do that.

Bradley in DC
06-27-2007, 08:38 AM
Rasmussen has never been favorable to RP. They didn't even report on him (did they include him?) until very recently. Polling is subjective, and if their bias is against him, they will reflect that. I'm not saying it's necessarily a cognizant bias, just that they try to make the numbers they report a reflection of what they THINK the numbers SHOULD be.

I see now how they will report Ron Paul's fundraising:

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, considered the leader of the second tier, raised $2 million. Six other candidates--Senator Sam Brownback, Congressman Ron Paul, Congressman Tom Tancredo, former Governor Tommy Thompson, Congressman Duncan Hunter, and former Governor Jim Gilmore— each averaged around $1 million. (RP will have raised $5 million; the others each $200,000.)

This was the only favorable/unfavorable poll on Dr. Paul I've found so far. It implicitly shows his name ID. It's useful to look at as many sources of information as possible--and comparing apples to apples as I showed on the Strategic Vision thread comparing their two most recent Iowa polls (which shows NO CHANGE in support for Dr. Paul at 2%--we need to hustle!).

nayjevin
06-27-2007, 09:23 AM
Perhaps we should spend more time making people aware these polls are BS than becoming slaves to these numbers.

'MoE' & statistical significance education for instance.

Bossobass
06-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Tell one person every day who doesn't know of RP something positive about him.

In advertising, word of mouth is the number one most effective tool.

The message is 100% good news. I've never met anyone who didn't want to hear good news. That's how I start out...I have GOOD NEWS!

Bosso

MsDoodahs
06-27-2007, 09:34 AM
Doing my best to spread the word on the truth about polls (they're used to sway opinion).

Bradley, what is the best source for multiple detailed data on various polls?

I've asked DooDahs to deconstruct polling at the blog, he said he'll try to work it in. :)

austinphish
06-27-2007, 09:43 AM
These polls don't matter if we do well in Iowa. Everything will take care of itself from there. No offense to anyone's ideas, but $400 spent in Miami is worth $4,000 in Ames.

briatx
06-27-2007, 10:13 AM
The favorable unfavorable poll shows that most people (~60%) simply aren't sure about Ron Paul. That's a good thing since its the easiest thing to correct.

Trance Dance Master
06-27-2007, 10:18 AM
The message is 100% good news. I've never met anyone who didn't want to hear good news. That's how I start out...I have GOOD NEWS!

Bosso
I like that idealism. However, good news is only good news if it's good to THEM. That's the hard part. Making some one else think that they're life is going to be better as a result of hearing about something. Getting them to imagine a better future for themself. That's a powerful skill, and Ron Paul employs it well. I'm glad to hear that you're having success with this skill as well.