PDA

View Full Version : Your concerns have been recognized

slantedview
12-02-2007, 01:59 PM
I spoke with Elijah who is working hard on the blimp at this moment and wisely avoiding the forums for the time being, and I have a message...

The concerns that many people have expressed have absolutely been recognized, and Elijah, Trevor, the legal team, etc., are working towards addressing them as we speak. They intend to provide as much transparency as possible, as well as clarification and explanation regarding any/all concerns that have been raised.

For now, please be patient. Everything will be addressed absolutely as soon as possible.

Thanks.

rory096
12-02-2007, 02:01 PM
Good stuff. Let's be patient and wait for explanations before running around yelling that this is a scam with no evidence to back that up.

Hook
12-02-2007, 02:05 PM
The only people saying it's a scam is JohnnyWrath and Mark. But they are trolls anyway.

Everyone else is just miffed at the sudden change in plans at the last minute.

rrroae
12-02-2007, 02:13 PM
I spoke with Elijah who is working hard on the blimp at this moment and wisely avoiding the forums for the time being, and I have a message...

The concerns that many people have expressed have absolutely been recognized, and Elijah, Trevor, the legal team, etc., are working towards addressing them as we speak. They intend to provide as much transparency as possible, as well as clarification and explanation regarding any/all concerns that have been raised.

For now, please be patient. Everything will be addressed absolutely as soon as possible.

Thanks.

Slantedview, I really appreciate you keeping on top of this and now it feels like you're bringing us some good news.

One thing I'd ask, once we recieve Elijah's and Trevor's clarifications, can we try to not argue every little point?

A little tranparency and that blimp cam can get this project rolling again.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 02:13 PM
A little tranparency and that blimp cam can get this project rolling again.
gotta have the blimp cam :)

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 02:16 PM
gotta have the blimp cam :)

How more transparent can you get? :D

TCrage
12-02-2007, 02:41 PM
It is not a scam. They are trying. The problem is what they are trying to do.

Overnight it turned from a grassroots effort to an overbloated, centralized, "pay us and we'll do it" effort. Sort of EXACTLY like what we are all opposed to and what brought us together in the first place. Is it really so hard to understand the dissension?

I strongly suggest getting back to the RP-style grassroots effort before it is too late. This can be achieved with three things:

1) Act conservativelyand eliminate the bloat. This is fundamental to all RP supporters. We need the most bang for the buck, not a big bang for big bucks.

2) Provide 100% openness as to all income and expenditures.

3) Promote grassroots participation and recognition, not a few putting on a show for the media.

I outlined a flight path that would eliminate the bloat and would encourage grassroots participation. I ask that the organizers to please read the following thread and take it into consideration:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=45419

All of my arguements are there and I will let them speak for themselves. This project can not only be saved, it could flourish. We need only to get back to the basics.

michael.byrne
12-02-2007, 02:41 PM
This for-profit project is tapping into the love for Ron Paul. This is only acceptable if:

- They are upfront about the rule of game. If I "buy" 1 min advertising, that minute is all mine and it's better accountable for. For example, at each and everyday, I want to see which time slot has been spent, whose time slot it is and from what minute to which minute. When the "advertising product" is delivered. I want to have a receipt, and the link to the video footage showing the blimp are on the sky at the time.

I don't care how profitable the project is or how much the salary. It's silly to ask forumers how much salary would be. If they gain 1 million dollars after the project is over, I don't care. People should stop thinking this advertisement as a donation but as a commercial product. Is it a good deal or not is only thing I care.

However, they should be ready for lawsuit if they breach the contract. The below statement is illegal. They could be sued for that

Your purchase is not refundable. If the advertising you purchase is are oversold, or for any other reason we cannot give you the advertising you bought, we may substitute other advertising of equivalent value that expresses a similar message.

michael.byrne
12-02-2007, 02:46 PM
In my opinion, blimp advertising is a novel idea. However, I don't like the message and the price is too expensive ($25 for 1min). If you are such a fanboy, go ahead and buy it. I'm waiting for better messages with a cheaper price. And they are better listen to my concern. Customer is always right.

NerveShocker
12-02-2007, 02:48 PM
(rolls eyes at all the negative "new member" posts above) I'll be waiting for the email and not speculating or attacking. You anti-blimp/RonPaul people are getting organized I see. I'll believe somebody who has been a part of this grassroots effort for more than.. a couple hours.

rrroae
12-02-2007, 02:52 PM
In my opinion, blimp advertising is a novel idea. However, I don't like the message and the price is too expensive ($25 for 1min). If you are such a fanboy, go ahead and buy it. I'm waiting for better messages with a cheaper price. And they are better listen to my concern. Customer is always right.

Smells like a troll.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 02:54 PM
(rolls eyes at all the negative "new member" posts above) I'll be waiting for the email and not speculating or attacking. You anti-blimp/RonPaul people are getting organized I see. I'll believe somebody who has been a part of this grassroots effort for more than.. a couple hours.
brand spanking new members.

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 02:55 PM

Then why are you posting? You're not a customer, why not leave the actual customers like me alone? Go find a project you like and be positive.

Lacrosseus
12-02-2007, 03:00 PM
It is not a scam. They are trying. The problem is what they are trying to do.

Give them a chance to see what they come up with.

They have acknowledged that they have heard us.

We can at least acknowledge their efforts.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 03:07 PM
Give them a chance to see what they come up with.

They have acknowledged that they have heard us.

We can at least acknowledge their efforts.

Very well said.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 03:25 PM
bump

millerjd
12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Go go gadget - blimp!

Thanks for listening..

RonPaulFanInGA
12-02-2007, 03:32 PM
I'm waiting for better messages with a cheaper price. And they are better listen to my concern. Customer is always right.

How exactly are you a customer if you haven't bought anything?

(Be wary of any new members who spend all their time on RonPaulForums railing against the blimp.)

rjo43084
12-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Is someone who has contacts with Elijah or Trevor able to suggest cost cutting measures to them? The streaming cameras are fine by me, but the Ron Paul air force jackets seem just a LITTLE BIT excessive and a waste of money. The crew could just be given t-shirts or long sleeve tees with ron paul's name on them, or better yet just let them wear the same color shirts and not have to buy anything else. I realize it probably wouldn't cost THAT much extra to get these jackets, but is it really necessary? The money people donate is supposed to go into the blimp to get it flying so that the most amount of people see it. The only people who will see these jackets are people flying on the blimp, who already support Paul, and maybe some media when the thing lands, but I would think the gigantic advertisement on the side of the blimp would let those guys know what the blimp is about. They don't need jackets for the crew to point that out.

Dustancostine
12-02-2007, 03:37 PM
How exactly are you a customer if you haven't bought anything?

(Be wary of any new members who spend all their time on RonPaulForums railing against the blimp.)

From wikipedia:

A customer refers to individuals or households that purchase goods and services generated within the economy

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 03:43 PM
From wikipedia:

A customer refers to individuals or households that purchase goods and services generated within the economy

Yeh, but a customer of what? Customers only have rights over what they have purchased... nothing more.

millerjd
12-02-2007, 03:45 PM
. They don't need jackets for the crew to point that out.

If someone lays down a bunch of cash, which is possible, they may have a big say on this. I personally would love to see the media first come to the blimp wondering whats going on and when the blimp lands, catching video of a Ron Paul crew, coming out of the blimp, interviewing and showing how strong this message really is. Very strong marketing...

Cool idea, obviously if they are expensive or if someone lays down a bunch of cash and doesn't like it, it might have to be looked at again.

Sounds like transparency is coming....

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 03:46 PM
If someone lays down a bunch of cash, which is possible, they may have a big say on this. I personally would love to see the media first come to the blimp wondering whats going on and when the blimp lands, catching video of a Ron Paul crew, coming out of the blimp, interviewing and showing how strong this message really is. Very strong marketing...

Cool idea, obviously if they are expensive or if someone lays down a bunch of cash and doesn't like it, it might have to be looked at again.

Sounds like transparency is coming....
right.
The Free market with government enforced contracts usually works out for everyone.

Revolutn
12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Cool.

Thanks for the updated info - it's appreciated.

I assumed as much already - but it's nice to read and reduce the level of speculation.

Rev

alexpasch
12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Great. Hopefully soon I can make my donation then. :)

James R
12-02-2007, 07:36 PM

Thanks.

His avoiding the forums is the main reason why I have not given the project a penny. Your idea of a wise leader is one who avoids listening to the people. In fact if he didn't create the post asking what his salary would be I would have completely given up on it by now. However, the project has a string of hope still.

Listening and responding to the forums is the single most important job that the Blimp project has.

rory096
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
His avoiding the forums is the main reason why I have not given the project a penny. Your idea of a wise leader is one who avoids listening to the people. In fact if he didn't create the post asking what his salary would be I would have completely given up on it by now. However, the project has a string of hope still.

Listening and responding to the forums is the single most important job that the Blimp project has.
They're still ironing out all the details, and the original poster in this thread said he's listening, he's just not responding until he's ready to explain everything. Be patient.

BeFranklin
12-02-2007, 07:40 PM

Lol, I can't think of any worse waste of time.

rrroae
12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
I've been patient and I've been urging others to be patient but we don't have forever here.

steph3n
12-02-2007, 08:37 PM
I've been patient and I've been urging others to be patient but we don't have forever here.

They have been hard at work see the new pages and the email.

alexpasch
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php

hillertexas
12-02-2007, 08:38 PM
http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 09:19 PM
bump

moberley
12-02-2007, 09:35 PM
I like the fact that these guys are trying to build a company on this. It gives them a lot more incentive to produce a top notch product. And, it also gives them incentive to do sales work: whether that is just working to be transparent or communicating personally with people able to make larger purchases. If it was all volunteer and the donations didn't work out they could just let it drop. Now that this is their job, they have to make it work. If they do make a profit it will be because they worked their butts off creating something great. This is the essence of entrepreneurial capitalism.

I can't buy anything since I'm not a US citizen, but if the situation were otherwise I would.

torchbearer
12-02-2007, 09:42 PM
I like the fact that these guys are trying to build a company on this. It gives them a lot more incentive to produce a top notch product. And, it also gives them incentive to do sales work: whether that is just working to be transparent or communicating personally with people able to make larger purchases. If it was all volunteer and the donations didn't work out they could just let it drop. Now that this is their job, they have to make it work. If they do make a profit it will be because they worked their butts off creating something great. This is the essence of entrepreneurial capitalism.

I can't buy anything since I'm not a US citizen, but if the situation were otherwise I would.

QFT.

Mental Dribble
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
whats QFT mean?

rory096
12-02-2007, 09:53 PM
whats QFT mean?
quoted for truth.

richk
12-02-2007, 10:07 PM

You registered on, what, 11/27? New member posts indeed. :rolleyes:

The problem is this blimp went from a grassroots (open) to a "for-profit" (secretive) business venture. Before someone calls me a troll :), I originally was 100% behind this project. I pledged $100. In fact I argued quite a bit with the naysayers. And what the majority of us here want is ANSWERS.

I was told an e-mail would explain things. Well, I got the e-mail. It does not say much more than the website. I keep hearing excuse after excuse, how "busy" they are, etc. etc. Apparently too busy to come on the forum and explain things in detail. I do not want to e-mail a lawyer, I want transparency.

To reiterate, I got the long awaited e-mail that would address all of my concerns about the blimp. But, in reality, that e-mail was a waste of my time. Please tell me it did not take 2 days to prepare an e-mail of practically zero substance.

I won't detail all the questions I have about the blimp. They have been posted here before.

I still want the blimp to happen.

But, no details, no money. Simple as that.

rory096
12-02-2007, 10:08 PM
You registered on, what, 11/27? New member posts indeed. :rolleyes:

The problem is this blimp went from a grassroots (open) to a "for-profit" (secretive) business venture. Before someone calls me a troll :), I originally was 100% behind this project. I pledged $100. In fact I argued quite a bit with the naysayers. And what the majority of us here want is ANSWERS.

I was told an e-mail would explain things. Well, I got the e-mail. It does not say much more than the website. I keep hearing excuse after excuse, how "busy" they are, etc. etc. Apparently too busy to come on the forum and explain things in detail. I do not want to e-mail a lawyer, I want transparency.

I won't detail all the questions I have about the blimp. They have been posted here before.

I still want the blimp to happen.

But, no details, no money. Simple as that.
Did you read http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php ? Did you read the part where if you have any more questions you should ask them?

richk
12-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Did you read http://www.ronpaulblimp.com/Transparency.php ? Did you read the part where if you have any more questions you should ask them?

Thanks. That was not there earlier (or perhaps I am going blind);).

rory096
12-02-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks. That was not there earlier (or perhaps I am going blind);).
It was just posted a few hours ago :)

richk
12-02-2007, 10:24 PM
nm