PDA

View Full Version : DailyKos: "Huckabee is a lying crook"

literatim
12-02-2007, 01:14 PM
http://www.dailykos.com/storyonly/2007/12/2/105628/787

Huckabee is a lying crook (or don't be fooled)
by protectedmode
Sun Dec 02, 2007 at 08:54:22 AM PST

Rudy Giuliani may wish he had Mike Huckabee's foresight. Huckabee isn't going to be surprised by information requests about his misuse of state funds, personnel or property. That's because Huckabee ordered the hard drives in 83 computers and four servers be crushed (destroyed) in his final days in office. This was at a cost to taxpayers of $13,000 for the "service" plus $335,000 to replace the computers.

The reason Huckabee destroyed these records was likely to conceal massive misuse of state funds during his administration. He and his family used the state police, and state funds in much the same way as Rudy, except that the Church was Huckabee's expensive mistress.

Then there is Huckabee's Willy Horton, but this one makes Mike Dukakis look like George Bush on crime.

* protectedmode's diary :: ::

In 1997 Wayne Dumond raped a high school cheerleader, who was a distant relative of Bill Clinton. Before his trial Dumond was assaulted, castrated, and left for dead. Despite the attack Dumond was sentenced to life plus twenty years. Huckabee would later claim that Dumond had no prior record, which was either a lie on Huckabee's part or demonstrates how little Huckabee knew about the case.

Dumond had become the darling for some Christian radio celebrities who are close to Huckabee. It may be that public pressure that caused Democratic governor Jim Guy Tucker commute Dumond's sentence to 39 years, which was a real gift. But that commutation that wasn't good enough for the new Governor Huckabee. Initially Huckabee considered a pardon, but public outcry and the victim's outrage was such that Huckabee withdrew that plan. Instead he lobbied the parole board to release Dumond, although he wasn't to be considered for such a release for years. The parole board is appointed by the governor, almost all admit that they took the extraordinary step to benefit Dumond because Huckabee pressured them to do it, but Huckabee lies about his role.

From the link above:

Only six weeks after Dumond moved to Missouri, Carol Sue Shields, of Parkville, Mo., was found murdered in a friend’s home. She had been sexually assaulted and suffocated.
In late June 2001, Missouri authorities charged Dumond with the first-degree murder of Shields. The Clay County, Mo., prosecutor’s office asserted that skin found under Shield’s fingernails, the result of an apparent struggle with her murderer, contained DNA that matched Dumond’s.

Missouri authorities also say that Dumond is the leading suspect in the rape and murder of a second woman, Sara Andrasek, of Platte County, Mo., though he has not yet been charged with that crime.

Andrasek was 23. Like Shields, Andrasek had her brassiere cut from her body; Dumond cut Stevens’ bra off before he raped her.

"It’s as if he wanted to leave us his calling card," a Missouri law enforcement officer said.

These stories a just the tip of the Huckabee iceberg. Although this is about his family, it is sufficiently creepy to be included anyway. David Huckabee, while his father was governor, was kicked out of Boy Scout camp when he and a buddy caputred a stray dog, hanged it from a tree, then tortured it to death. That same son was recently arrested at the airport in Little Rock when he attempted to carry a gun and ammunition onto a plane.

This could go on forever, there is quite a bit more for those interested. Google "Huckabee gifts" "Huckabee ethics complaints," "Huckabee light fixtures," "Huckabee office furniture," "and "Huckabee gift registry" for more. The point is the man is as crooked as a dog's hind leg. The bottom line is that Huckabee is a temperamental, lying, crook, who may sincerely feel a Christian obligation to help the poor.

SwanMaiden
12-02-2007, 03:20 PM
Yeah, that is creepy about his son. I knew Huckabee had serious ethics issues as governor, but there must have been something monstrously f-ed up in the Huckabee household to produce an animal torturing child, and not just the "boys will be boys" zapping ants with a magnifying glass type, either. We all know what kids who torture animals grow up to be, and it rhymes with schmerial schmiller.

This kind of does fit in with a feeling I have had about the Huckster for a while, though. At first glance he might come across as seriously misguided and confused, but well meaning and compassionate. On closer inspection, however, one starts to get an uneasy feeling. The Huckster seems to have issues around repentance and forgiveness that run deeper than his preacher roots alone can explain. Sure forgiveness is what Christianity is supposed to be all about, but for Huck it seems more personal. It's like he is desperate to seek forgiveness for everything, as though he wishes he could find it for something deep and dark within his own soul. After all, he seemed almost desperate to "forgive" and pardon that rapist for the horrible thing he had done. When people bring up sketchy items from his past he says that is "hurts him" that people have not moved beyond it yet. And his whole crazy "let's let in all the illegal immigrants who want to come and give them college scholarships" idea is not just misplaced "compassion", but a bid to somehow "right the wrongs of slavery". This last one is of course insane and makes no logical sense, but that is the twisted logic of Huckabee and his bizarre idea of "forgiveness". It may just be me, but something about it gives me the willies. Everything ain't all right on the good ship Huckabee.

On a side note, creepily enough, this is the third Republican candidate who has been linked somehow to the torture of dogs, the other two being Romney and Tancredo.

jondisx
12-02-2007, 03:27 PM
isnt torturing animals like that a major sign of a soon-to-be serial killer?

RPFTW!
12-02-2007, 03:30 PM
Awesome, lets get this spread far and wide, its time hucks walking lobotomy supporters learn the truth.

ItsTime
12-02-2007, 03:35 PM
good read. I am glad they did not attack Huckabee supporters like to do to Ron Paul supporters. It is not Hucks supporters fault they are misinformed.

Tina
12-02-2007, 03:38 PM
He is a sociopath just like his dad. Psychos breeding new little psychopaths. It was a very big deal here. I really don't see how this state will support him in a presidential run. He was not well liked at all especially after the Dumond case.

ItsTime
12-02-2007, 03:38 PM
Yes :eek:

isnt torturing animals like that a major sign of a soon-to-be serial killer?

axiomata
12-02-2007, 03:40 PM
Let's let the left do the whole "his son is a monster" attack, we should be above that.

Tina
12-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Let's let the left do the whole "his son is a monster" attack, we should be above that.

Sorry, but I think that's BS. His 'fruits' are very bad, even though I loathe religion mixed with politics.

ItsTime
12-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Agreed. There is no need to drag his son into it. M. Huckabee is enough of a lying monster. Lets just keep pointing out Huckabees record.

jondisx
12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
no, someone should try and help the kid, no use in ignoring the fact that his son may become a serial killer or at least be mentally disturbed. people who have more time than I do should inspect this kids childhood, and find out whether the possible "disorder" was caused by the environment he was raised in.

Tina
12-02-2007, 03:59 PM
You can not help a sociopath. They are what they are. I'm telling you there is something very creepy about that family and I'm not saying that because I'm a Paul supporter. I'm saying it because I research personality disorders. I'm not a professional, but I've read more about than most people I know.

lemnad
12-02-2007, 03:59 PM
good read. I am glad they did not attack Huckabee supporters like to do to Ron Paul supporters. It is not Hucks supporters fault they are misinformed.

Yes it is. How much time should one research a candidate before supporting him for the most powerful position in the World? 10 minutes on the internet and you can see that the guy has had some serious issues that are very worthy of looking into. He lost some weight and he's a smooth talker and thats enough for a lot of people.

axiomata
12-02-2007, 04:01 PM
You can not help a sociopath. They are what they are. I'm telling you there is something very creepy about that family and I'm not saying that because I'm a Paul supporter. I'm saying it because I research personality disorders. I'm not a professional, but I've read more about than most people I know.

I also stayed in a Holiday Inn Express last night. ;)

Tina
12-02-2007, 04:06 PM
You are making light of a very serious situation. This man could be our next president, fool.

axiomata
12-02-2007, 04:09 PM
You are making light of a very serious situation. This man could be our next president, fool.
You are trying to diagnose a psychological disorder over the internet, it's hard to take you seriously.

Tina
12-02-2007, 04:13 PM
I observed him as governor of this state for many years.

Tina
12-02-2007, 04:22 PM
Axiomata, I apologize for being rude. I'm sorry and I wish I could take it back. But, the thought of him being the president makes my stomach churn.

axiomata
12-02-2007, 04:24 PM
Axiomata, I apologize for being rude. I'm sorry and I wish I could take it back. But, the thought of him being the president makes my stomach churn.
I also apologize for my sarcastic attitude, I guess you can get a good picture of him if he was your governor for however many years. Let's move on.

Peppy690
12-02-2007, 04:27 PM
thats messed up about his son

sluggo
12-02-2007, 04:45 PM
My two cents on this information:

If we are talking about this, than you can rest assured that the Rudy McRomney camps are talking about it as well. I'm certain that at least one of them is going to use this to knock Huckabee off of his Iowa pedestal soon enough.

Let's try to stay as clean as possible. Keep writing letters to Iowans, keep putting the Doctor in a positive light. Keep contributing your time and your money to Dr. Paul's mission and maybe, just maybe, we can walk through the mud to a strong showing in the primaries.

Just my opinion, but what do I know?

RPFTW!
12-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Like father like son as they say.

Liberty Star
12-02-2007, 07:55 PM
I don't care so much about his son or bad parenting but much more concerned about his own dubious record, I won't trust that man.

V-rod
12-03-2007, 01:36 AM
http://images.usatoday.com/Wires2Web/20070426/4052419200_Huckabee_Son_Arrestx.jpg

Hide your Dogs and Children!

Mitt Romneys sideburns
12-03-2007, 02:18 AM
They dont call him The Huckster for nothing. He may appear to be a do-gooder moron, but deep down he is just as slick as the rest of them.