PDA

View Full Version : Somebody said something weird

goRPaul
12-02-2007, 01:11 PM
Last night at work I was talking to an older lady who said she was interested in going back to school for some kind of nursing. The weird part was that she said, and I quote, she is "waiting on the Democrats to get back in office" so she can get student loans. She cited some program that Clinton ran in the 90's that really helped students.

Then she went on to say that if I don't read the bible that I'm gonna suffer later in life, and some other armageddon-type stuff. But the Democrat line scared me more.

mopar.bo
12-02-2007, 01:22 PM
She's gonna be right pissed when Dr. Paul gets elected.

jake
12-02-2007, 01:24 PM
banks are for loans, not government :)

JosephTheLibertarian
12-02-2007, 01:33 PM
people are for loans, not government :) banks should have no protection!

Malakai0
12-02-2007, 01:34 PM
Ron wouldn't immediately cut educational assistance anyway.

We wanna save the money oversea's so people needing finaid can actually get it, without just creating the money and giving it to them. Right now they print the money out of thin air (or create the credit), give it to all the students to pay their tuition, and that drives the price right up because all that freshly created currency is flooding one specific market.

Same reason why the price of medicine keeps going up. Create money --> give to medical industry --> watch prices rise as the amount of money floating around their market continues to grow.

Now if you cut the deficit, the banking system reabsorbs some of that newly created money, and prices will decline over time.

rebelforacause
12-02-2007, 01:46 PM
doesn't give a ***** about her
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/content/nov2007/db20071120_397008.htm

U.S. Bank, a U.S. Bancorp unit, finances about $2 million in patient debt per month through a medical-benefit firm, charging most customers annual interest of 13.5%, and as much as 24% on late bills. General Electric's powerful financial arm markets its CareCredit card to dentists, plastic surgeons, and some hospitals, with loan volume expected to hit $5 billion this year, up 40% from 2006. Citigroup and Capital One now offer similar cards. "Everybody is saying [medical finance] is the next horizon