PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Cop Meets Woman Online, Then Shoots Her With His Service Weapon and Sets Her on Fire

SeanTX
08-30-2014, 06:44 AM
It's never a good idea to date dangerous sociopaths -- it probably wasn't the sort of "hot date" she had in mind. Kind of ironic she was kidnapped by a guy whose "job" it is to kidnap people for victimless crimes and toss them into cages.

The article first says that he has been fired, but then quotes the police as saying “The officer has been relieved from duty, and is in a non-enforcement status." Sounds more like some sort of administrative leave (paid probably).

I suppose that the police and the cop suckers would say that this should not reflect upon the police, since he did this on "his own time" -- with his issued pistol. Who knows what he might have done while on-duty -- there may be more victims out there.

On the "wanted" poster for him his occupation is listed as "Unknown." :p

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/killed-woman-lit-fire-romantic-encounter-police-article-1.1921834

BY Sasha Goldstein
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Friday, August 29, 2014, 4:51 PM

An Atlanta police officer was busted trying to skip town Thursday, nearly one week after he kidnapped a woman he met online, took her to a secluded suburban area, shot her and then set her dead body on fire, police said.

Tahreem Zeus Rana, 23, was caught around 8:30 a.m. Thursday after he tried to board a flight to Monterey, Mexico, possibly en route to India, WSB-TV reported.

The murder suspect was on the no-fly list, cops said, and has since been fired.

"We are shocked and saddened by these developments,” the department said of the three-year veteran. “The officer has been relieved from duty, and is in a non-enforcement status."

Vernicia Woodard, 26, was killed sometime last Friday after meeting up with Rana, police said. Police Handout

Rana allegedly used his service weapon to kill the woman, cops said. Hapeville Police Department

Rana met 26-year-old Vernicia Woodard on Backpage.com for a “romantic exchange” in Rana’s hometown of Hapeville, a southern Atlanta suburb, police there said. He took the woman to a rural part of the town, shot her several times, then lit her on fire, police said.

A city worker found the burning body on Elm Street the morning of Aug. 22, the news station reported.
Rana was arrested trying to flee the country Thursday morning.

snip

"He took her to a secluded area to do the crime and then, after killing her, used some kind of fuel to light her body on fire," Hapeville police Detective Stephen Cushing told the station.

Police believe he used his service weapon to kill the Woodard, mother to an 8-year-old. He became the prime suspect after the woman’s phone records led investigators to Backpage.com and eventually Rana, the Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

snip

Rana faces charges of murder, arson, kidnapping and tampering with evidence. He’s next due in court Sept. 12.

asurfaholic
08-30-2014, 07:06 AM
Some people are crazy. Here's a tip... Don't meet people who need the Internet to find love.

Working Poor
08-30-2014, 07:16 AM
Some people are crazy. Here's a tip... Don't meet people who need the Internet to find love.

I think backpage has a prostitute meet up section...

SeanTX
08-30-2014, 07:21 AM
I think backpage has a prostitute meet up section...

And it's well-known that some cops like to rape prostitutes, in exchange for not arresting them -- this one just took it to the next level (if she was one). It's very likely that there could be more victims, maybe some that he "did" while in uniform.

presence
08-30-2014, 07:37 AM
http://i.imgur.com/GUqMJ3f.png

he's off duty with a kidnapped woman pleading for help, he shoots her, and is about to set her on fire???

Christian Liberty
08-30-2014, 08:18 AM
It's never a good idea to date dangerous sociopaths -- it probably wasn't the sort of "hot date" she had in mind. Kind of ironic she was kidnapped by a guy whose "job" it is to kidnap people for victimless crimes and toss them into cages.

The article first says that he has been fired, but then quotes the police as saying “The officer has been relieved from duty, and is in a non-enforcement status." Sounds more like some sort of administrative leave (paid probably).

I suppose that the police and the cop suckers would say that this should not reflect upon the police, since he did this on "his own time" -- with his issued pistol. Who knows what he might have done while on-duty -- there may be more victims out there.

On the "wanted" poster for him his occupation is listed as "Unknown." :p

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crime/killed-woman-lit-fire-romantic-encounter-police-article-1.1921834

Actually, I'd agree with the police and cop-suckers on this one. I mean, if it was an engineer, would we condemn all engineers? If it was a writer, would we condemn all writers?

The real issue is that he probably won't be punished. THAT should reflect negatively on police, assuming there's evidence.

PaulConventionWV
08-30-2014, 08:27 AM
Actually, I'd agree with the police and cop-suckers on this one. I mean, if it was an engineer, would we condemn all engineers? If it was a writer, would we condemn all writers?

The real issue is that he probably won't be punished. THAT should reflect negatively on police, assuming there's evidence.

I'm not so sure about this one. This guy is obviously a raging lunatic, and he's only 23 years old, so he couldn't have been on the force long. They may sacrifice him to the public.

Christian Liberty
08-30-2014, 08:31 AM
I'm not so sure about this one. This guy is obviously a raging lunatic, and he's only 23 years old, so he couldn't have been on the
force long. They may sacrifice him to the public.

Good point. My point was simply to say, this crime doesn't really reflect on the police at all, IMO (And you'll recall that I was one of the ones who said there's no such thing as a good cop.) It wasn't really related to the job at all.

SeanTX
08-30-2014, 08:57 AM
Good point. My point was simply to say, this crime doesn't really reflect on the police at all, IMO (And you'll recall that I was one of the ones who said there's no such thing as a good cop.) It wasn't really related to the job at all.

I'll guarantee you that this cop also committed crimes when he was in uniform, under color of authority. I also wouldn't be at all surprised to learn that he used "I am a cop" as leverage to coerce her into doing something she might not have otherwise done.

And he killed her with a taxpayer-supplied weapon that he was entrusted with, to take home with him and, you know, hopefully not run around murdering people with it.

So yes, this does reflect upon the police as a whole, and is just more proof that there is no such thing as a "good" cop.

People in other professions aren't entrusted with the powers that LEOs are, and to a large degree they have many of those same powers when "off-duty", even when the magical costume is hanging in the closet. If this guy was smarter he could have legally killed this woman and gotten away with it.

LibForestPaul
08-30-2014, 09:00 AM

An Atlanta police officer was busted trying to skip town Thursday, nearly one week after he kidnapped a woman he met online, took her to a secluded suburban area, shot her and then set her dead body on fire, police said.

Tahreem Zeus Rana, 23, was caught around 8:30 a.m. Thursday after he tried to board a flight to Monterey, Mexico, possibly en route to India, WSB-TV reported.

The murder suspect was on the no-fly list, cops said, and has since been fired.

"We are shocked and saddened by these developments,” the department said of the three-year veteran. “The officer has been relieved from duty, and is in a non-enforcement status."

I hope to smell lots of bacon when the time comes.

DevilsAdvocate
08-30-2014, 09:58 AM

It's actually pretty hard to find people the traditional way. What are the chances you are going to stumble across the right person in the isolated little social circle of people you happen to be in contact with? And compounding your odds you have to deal with the fact that nearly every single girl of value already has a boyfriend. So if you didn't get a girlfriend early either during high school or your first years of college you're likely to be shit out of luck. This is pretty much the situation I'm dealing with.

The internet can bring you into contact with millions of people far outside your limited circle of acquaintances. The problem is the people on there are usually the bottom of the barrel. Like this cop here.

SeanTX
08-30-2014, 10:23 AM
The internet can bring you into contact with millions of people far outside your limited circle of acquaintances. The problem is the people on there are usually the bottom of the barrel. Like this cop here.

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=19196219

Here's one on Plenty of Fish, "Looking for a good woman" -- Houston Police Dept. Officer Matthew Marin .

He doesn't mention on his profile that he shot and killed a man in a wheelchair, because he was holding a ball-point pen. However, a corrupt Harris County grand jury cleared him, so it's all good.

And I'll bet he has stupid badge bunnies lined up wanting to date him (I found this while checking up on what happened with this guy, and it was one of the first things Google showed).

Working Poor
08-30-2014, 10:26 AM
And it's well-known that some cops like to rape prostitutes, in exchange for not arresting them -- this one just took it to the next level (if she was one). It's very likely that there could be more victims, maybe some that he "did" while in uniform.

They also like to rape women who are not prostitutes. Police are very dangerous if you are a woman that one of them gets fixated on. I am glad that I have dobermans who can smell a cop from a block away that have a very distinct warning signal when they approach. They are as good as a fuzz buster.

tod evans
08-30-2014, 10:28 AM
Meet the murder and his victim;

Anti Federalist
08-30-2014, 11:38 AM
The murder suspect was on the no-fly list

Told you that would be used for routine criminal work.

Wait until total lockdown happens.

Brian4Liberty
08-30-2014, 01:38 PM
Told you that would be used for routine criminal work.

Wait until total lockdown happens.

Shelter in place, mundane.

Root
08-30-2014, 01:41 PM
I love it when I read a woman's online dating profile and it says "no cops please".