PDA

View Full Version : Ben Carson Shouldn’t Run for President

snoopdougg
08-29-2014, 08:50 PM
When Christians entangle themselves with the kingdoms of the world, they become worldly in the very worst way. - Pastor Gregory Boyd

When someone becomes director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins at the age of 33, you need to admire such an achievement.

When, at 36, this same man leads a surgical team that separates Siamese twins who were joined at the head, you really need to admire such as achievement.

And when you learn that this man was raised in poverty by a single mom in the Detroit ghetto, you should simply stand in absolute awe of their life story.

But when this person gets serious about running for president of the United States, you need to start asking serious questions.

Read full article here: http://wp.me/p13mHb-1l3

R.G
08-29-2014, 11:27 PM
When Christians entangle themselves with the kingdoms of the world, they become worldly in the very worst way. - Pastor Gregory Boyd

When someone becomes director of pediatric neurosurgery at Johns Hopkins at the age of 33, you need to admire such an achievement.

When, at 36, this same man leads a surgical team that separates Siamese twins who were joined at the head, you really need to admire such as achievement.

And when you learn that this man was raised in poverty by a single mom in the Detroit ghetto, you should simply stand in absolute awe of their life story.

But when this person gets serious about running for president of the United States, you need to start asking serious questions.

Snoopdougg, you are so correct. Ben Carson is way too uninformed about healthcare to be President of the United States. I direct you to his almost too stupid article in The Washington Times titled "Health Saving Accounts Far Better Than Obamacare." Ben writes:

Under the multitudinous rules of Obamacare, the amount of money allowed to be managed through health savings accounts is severely restricted. Perhaps that is because the crafters of this gigantic, bureaucratic monstrosity realized that a well-functioning savings system would be easy to understand, much less expensive and give people control of their own health care. It would also eliminate two-tiered systems of health care, making every patient equally desirable from a business perspective. There should be no limit to the amount of money that can be contributed to and managed in an account. Money unspent at the end of the year should simply continue to accumulate without penalty.

The article is just too dumb - LINK TO STUPIDITY OF BEN CARSON (http://Under the multitudinous rules of Obamacare, the amount of money allowed to be managed through health savings accounts is severely restricted. Perhaps that is because the crafters of this gigantic, bureaucratic monstrosity realized that a well-functioning savings system would be easy to understand, much less expensive and give people control of their own health care. It would also eliminate two-tiered systems of health care, making every patient equally desirable from a business perspective. There should be no limit to the amount of money that can be contributed to and managed in an account. Money unspent at the end of the year should simply continue to accumulate without penalty. Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/8/carson-better-than-obamacare/#ixzz3BqjsNitA Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter)

1. Tax-Free HSA are already in Obamacare. The HSA Bronze plan is all you need to know.

2. I prefer Rand Paul who would de-link tax-free HSAs and health insurance. That is a very smart move and worthy of someone who might be President.

3. Sometimes these brain surgeons are dumb as a rock!

R.G
08-29-2014, 11:31 PM

Snoopdougg, you are so correct. Ben Carson is way too uninformed about healthcare to be President of the United States. I direct you to his almost too stupid article in The Washington Times titled "Health Saving Accounts Far Better Than Obamacare." Ben writes:

Under the multitudinous rules of Obamacare, the amount of money allowed to be managed through health savings accounts is severely restricted. Perhaps that is because the crafters of this gigantic, bureaucratic monstrosity realized that a well-functioning savings system would be easy to understand, much less expensive and give people control of their own health care. It would also eliminate two-tiered systems of health care, making every patient equally desirable from a business perspective. There should be no limit to the amount of money that can be contributed to and managed in an account. Money unspent at the end of the year should simply continue to accumulate without penalty.

The article is just too dumb - LINK TO STUPIDITY OF BEN CARSON (http://Under the multitudinous rules of Obamacare, the amount of money allowed to be managed through health savings accounts is severely restricted. Perhaps that is because the crafters of this gigantic, bureaucratic monstrosity realized that a well-functioning savings system would be easy to understand, much less expensive and give people control of their own health care. It would also eliminate two-tiered systems of health care, making every patient equally desirable from a business perspective. There should be no limit to the amount of money that can be contributed to and managed in an account. Money unspent at the end of the year should simply continue to accumulate without penalty.Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/8/carson-better-than-obamacare/#ixzz3BqjsNitAFollow us: @washtimes on Twitter)

1. Tax-Free HSA are already in Obamacare. The HSA Bronze plan is all you need to know.

2. I prefer Rand Paul who would de-link tax-free HSAs and health insurance. That is a very smart move and worthy of someone who might be President.

If the link doesn't work here is info: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/8/carson-better-than-obamacare/

cindy25
08-29-2014, 11:50 PM
in reality he's not. he is selling books, and hoping for VP or Cabinet.

fr33
08-29-2014, 11:54 PM
I agree. He shouldn't. He'd doing a good job at his current profession.

tangent4ronpaul
08-30-2014, 12:30 AM
He should definitely run.

He would dilute the candidate pool so we need fewer votes
He's going to steal more votes from the others than from us
He agrees with Rand on a number of issues. That helps direct the platform and discussion, esp in debates
Just lots of win here!

-t

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-30-2014, 12:56 AM
Ben Carson. LOL.

Bastiat's The Law
08-30-2014, 04:20 AM
He'd steal votes away from Santorum and Huckster.

Vanguard101
08-30-2014, 09:44 AM
He shouldn't run. It would undermine his career

jmdrake
09-09-2014, 10:00 AM

The article is just too dumb - LINK TO STUPIDITY OF BEN CARSON (http://Under the multitudinous rules of Obamacare, the amount of money allowed to be managed through health savings accounts is severely restricted. Perhaps that is because the crafters of this gigantic, bureaucratic monstrosity realized that a well-functioning savings system would be easy to understand, much less expensive and give people control of their own health care. It would also eliminate two-tiered systems of health care, making every patient equally desirable from a business perspective. There should be no limit to the amount of money that can be contributed to and managed in an account. Money unspent at the end of the year should simply continue to accumulate without penalty. Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/8/carson-better-than-obamacare/#ixzz3BqjsNitA Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter)

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-7cN3pezzgUc/TiX0fHeIGgI/AAAAAAAAAEk/yIodEk3XRhQ/Not%252520sure%252520if%252520just%252520stupid%25 2520or%252520trolling%252520and%252520stupid.png

Dr. Rand Paul supports health savings accounts.

Dr. Ron Paul supports health savings accounts.

Dr. Ben Carson supports health savings accounts.

So either all three doctors are "stupid" or all three are correct.

jmdrake
09-09-2014, 10:03 AM
Right. Because no Christian doctor should ever run for president unless his last name is Paul. :rolleyes:

jllundqu
09-09-2014, 10:11 AM
Carson will be a VP nom or the next surgeon general.... that's all.

jmdrake
09-09-2014, 10:44 AM
Carson will be a VP nom or the next surgeon general.... that's all.

Really? Not the secretary of health and human services? That's the cabinet position that will most likely be tasked with dismantling Obamacare. I'm betting you probably just didn't think about that. But that's the problem with these prognostications about the future. We never have all of the facts. We don't even know if ultimately Rand will run. Oh I'm sure he's planning on running, but only God knows ultimately what well happen. On the face of it, Dr. Carson is a good and decent person that most of us agree with on many issues and who likes Ron and Rand Paul and they most likely like him.

Tod
09-10-2014, 10:38 PM
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-7cN3pezzgUc/TiX0fHeIGgI/AAAAAAAAAEk/yIodEk3XRhQ/Not%252520sure%252520if%252520just%252520stupid%25 2520or%252520trolling%252520and%252520stupid.png

Dr. Rand Paul supports health savings accounts.

Dr. Ron Paul supports health savings accounts.

Dr. Ben Carson supports health savings accounts.

So either all three doctors are "stupid" or all three are correct.

I think you missed the point, which was that Dr. Carson was apparently unaware that he was denouncing Obamacare for lacking his HSA idea, when in fact it does not lack his HSA idea.

Rond
09-10-2014, 11:22 PM
Really? Not the secretary of health and human services? That's the cabinet position that will most likely be tasked with dismantling Obamacare.

A bureaucracy making government smaller? Uh....right....

fr33
09-10-2014, 11:35 PM
Right. Because no Christian doctor should ever run for president unless his last name is Paul. :rolleyes:

I just wouldn't wish the slime that comes with politics upon such a man as Carson.

jmdrake
09-11-2014, 04:24 AM
A bureaucracy making government smaller? Uh....right....

So then I take it you don't actually want Rand Paul to be president and you didn't really want Ron Paul to be president? Because as president either of them would most likely initially appoint cabinet members to the departments they wanted to shrink and/or get rid of. You aren't going to get rid of Obamacare just by having a president Paul issue an edict. He will have to make his case to the American people and get votes in congress. That will require someone at the very least giving you an impact report. Plus Ron has already said he would immediately get rid of all social programs. Somebody has to oversee stuff like social security while Ron's "opt out" plan was being phased in.

jmdrake
09-11-2014, 04:29 AM
I think you missed the point, which was that Dr. Carson was apparently unaware that he was denouncing Obamacare for lacking his HSA idea, when in fact it does not lack his HSA idea.

Except that Ben Carson wasn't denouncing Obamacare for lacking a health savings account. Health savings accounts existed before Obamacare. Carson's idea is to expand health savings accounts and not have Obamacare at all. The person being stupid here is not Ben Carson.

Edit: And here is Rand Paul saying the same thing as Ben Carson.

Said Paul: "I'm happy to join Sen. Alexander today to look for and talk about solutions to replace Obamacare or fix Obamacare."

Their proposed changes include allowing insurers to sell across state lines to make coverage less costly, allow employers to offer employees wellness incentives to workers, keeping one's doctor and expansion of Health Savings Accounts.

And from R.G.'s article that he is trying to use to "slam" Dr. Carson?

R.G. was stupid enough to highlight the part that showed he was wrong. Ben Carson wants to end limits on the amount of money that can be put into a HSA. Rand Paul wants to end the limits on the amount of money that can be put into a HSA. Either they're both stupid or they're both genius.

Edit: Not only that but Obamacare put new restrictions on health savings accounts.

http://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/2014/01/14/obamacare-and-your-health-savings-account/
Meanwhile, the maximum amount of income that can be contributed to a health savings account tax-free in 2014 is $3,300 for individuals and $6,550 for families. The annual limits are tied to inflation.

The Affordable Care Act has placed new restrictions on HSAs. These include prohibiting the use of HSA funds to buy over-the-counter drugs without a prescription and subjecting nonmedical withdrawals to an increased tax penalty of 20%, up from 10%.

So tell me again why Ben Carson is "stupid" for saying that there should be no limits on the amount of money that can be put into a HSA when currently there are limits?

jmdrake
09-11-2014, 05:03 AM
I just wouldn't wish the slime that comes with politics upon such a man as Carson.

Yeah I can agree on that. But why did we wish it on Ron and why wish it on Rand? That said I honestly don't think Ben Carson has any plans to run for president. He's not crisscrossing Iowa like Rand is. Basically a lot of republicans see him as a breath of fresh air and wish he would run. It's kind of like when a lot of republicans wished Colin Powell would run. It's sad that some people are so driven by fear and jealously that they will attack a man who has come out as an ally just because he might run and might take votes away from Rand. We shouldn't be that insecure.

fr33
09-11-2014, 11:37 PM
Yeah I can agree on that. But why did we wish it on Ron and why wish it on Rand? That said I honestly don't think Ben Carson has any plans to run for president. He's not crisscrossing Iowa like Rand is. Basically a lot of republicans see him as a breath of fresh air and wish he would run. It's kind of like when a lot of republicans wished Colin Powell would run. It's sad that some people are so driven by fear and jealously that they will attack a man who has come out as an ally just because he might run and might take votes away from Rand. We shouldn't be that insecure.

I risk pissing people off but I think Ron and Rand seem more willing to be the grifters that politicians are while Ben doesn't. Ron surrounded himself with some shitty people over his political career and those people made a lot of money off the politics game at the expense of a movement. Ron didn't do so bad himself monetary-wise. If Rand is not successful running for president or re-election for the senate, I hope he gets back to work fixing eyes.