PDA

View Full Version : As New Dangers Loom, More Think the U.S. Does ‘Too Little’ to Solve World Problems

Brett85
08-29-2014, 09:50 AM
Sigh. We live in a nation of sheep.

http://www.people-press.org/2014/08/28/as-new-dangers-loom-more-think-the-u-s-does-too-little-to-solve-world-problems/

A large majority of Americans think the world is a more dangerous place than it was several years ago. And a terrorist group that was not even on the public’s radar a year ago – the Islamic militants known as ISIS or ISIL – today ranks near the top of its list of U.S. security threats.

As the public’s views of global threats have changed, so too have opinions about America’s role in solving world problems. On balance, more continue to think the United States does too much, rather than too little, to help solve world problems. But the share saying the U.S. does too little to address global problems has nearly doubled – from 17% to 31% – since last November, while the percentage saying it is doing too much has fallen from 51% to 39%.

Republicans, Democrats and independents all are more likely to say the U.S. does too little to solve world problems, but the shift among Republicans has been striking. Last fall, 52% of Republicans said the U.S. does too much to help solve global problems, while just 18% said it does too little. Today, 46% of Republicans think the U.S. does too little to solve global problems, while 37% say it does too much.

The new national survey by the Pew Research Center and USA TODAY, conducted August 20-24 among 1,501 adults, finds that 65% say the world is more dangerous than it was several years ago; just 7% say the world has gotten safer while 27% say things have not changed much.

Public perceptions of the global threats confronting the United States have changed since the Pew Research Center released its major study of foreign policy attitudes – America’s Place in the World – in December 2013. Currently, 71% view “Islamic extremist groups like al Qaeda” as a major threat to U.S. well-being, about the same as last year. But nearly as many (67%) say “the Islamic militant group in Iraq and Syria known as ISIS,” represents a major threat.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2014, 10:14 AM
Boobus cant' keep a coherent, consistent thought in his head for more than 15 minutes.

I'm not surprised.

CPUd
08-29-2014, 10:16 AM
Maybe they just suck at conducting polls.

presence
08-29-2014, 10:29 AM
I am just absolutely convinced
that the best formula for giving us peace
and preserving the American way of life
is freedom, limited government,
and minding our own business overseas. (http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/r/ronpaul402252.html)

RM918
08-29-2014, 10:30 AM
As New Dangers Loom, More Think the U.S. Does ‘Little’ to Solve World Problems

Now this I can agree with.

enhanced_deficit
08-29-2014, 10:40 AM
WaPo Editorial Board just called for boots on the ground to fight ISIS.

But should we not first find and disable Iraqi WMDs?

2003: Washington Post ran 27 editorials in favor of Iraq invasion (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?458793-2003-Washington-Post-ran-27-editorials-in-favor-of-Iraq-invasion&)

Brett85
08-29-2014, 10:40 AM
I don't like this for Rand's chances in 2016 at all. The rise of ISIS and Russia invading Ukraine aren't good developments at all.

enhanced_deficit
08-29-2014, 10:42 AM
I don't like this for Rand's chances in 2016 at all. The rise of ISIS and Russia invading Ukraine aren't good developments at all.

Not good at all for neocons.

Ask the WaPo Editorial board and other Iraq neocons.

Ronin Truth
08-29-2014, 11:15 AM
When did saving the world become our charter (or problem)?