PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Meetup Action Alert Centralized Coordination

ignoranceisntbliss
12-02-2007, 12:43 PM
Ron Paul Meetup Action Alert Centralized Coordination

The idea is to get a 'Meetup Delegate' from each Ron Paul Meetup group to join the 'Central' Meetup group so that each of the 1300 Meetup group is sure to receive action alerts. If successful, this would mean that everybody could combine forces on Internet related matters in particular.

For example, right now there are 1289 groups with 79,221 members joined to them. If something urgent or actionable comes up its likely that somebody in their groups will see it on their normal radar, except that doesnt ensure that everyone else in their group will or when they will. So when something comes up in the normal Paulosphere, such as 'Glenn Beck Boycott - Phone Numbers - Call His Sponsers', many people of that 79,000 may see something about it and call, but that doesnt ensure that all of the Meetup activists will see it nor that there will be a concerted effort.

Imagine that within 24 hours 95% of the groups delegates got the prepared action alert through the centralized Meetup and posted it in their groups. So within 24 hours over 75,000 activists all get the same info and then a good percentage of them pass it down thru their other channels as well as called the show, voted in the online poll, or got the crucial strategy information.

With concerted effort, hitpiece authors and media outlets will fear us then. For starters. If we combine our numbers everybody will at least be on the same page in terms of whats happening and whats next.

Right now if you dig up something that an entire state's meetups NEED to know you have to go and join 3 groups from that state, and then post your memo with a note encouraging someone from each group to go do the same with their other states groups. With the 3 'foreign' group limit at Meetup this is very backwards and ultimately futile.

Remember that the RPHQ notified us we only HAD 900 hours left, a few days ago. We need to turn this up.

If this idea gets support I'll start the group. I can afford to activate it for the 1st month ($19) at the moment, but to activate if for 6 months right now I'd need to start one of those Chipin.com bots.

I was also thinking that if this works out we'd need a forum for discussion about certain alerts so that they're polished, so perhaps this could be partially centralized thru ronpaulforums.com here.

Having over 500 members we'd probably want to have a email 'alert' methodology for titling memos to streamline it. For example, for state specific matters title the post beginning with the states acronym:
FL - How to become a RP Delegate VIDEOS
And then for Internet alerts:
NET - Nominate RP for Person of the Year @ time.com
And then for national foot soldier strategies:
STRAT - Operation FREEDOM STATION
And so on.

What do you think? What are your ideas?

RonPaul2012grassroots
12-02-2007, 03:23 PM
I think this is a great use of the Meetup resource and I'm surprised it hasn't been done yet.

ignoranceisntbliss
12-02-2007, 06:45 PM
Damn I posted in the wrong forum. Stuff gets buried in this category about 15 minutes.

Thanks. I've sort of been 'forced' into this idea as I can't even get pertinent info into all the groups within one state which says a lot about how much one could really reach out to all on important matters.

I'm hoping to get some more input and so on before I actually create it. Almost did earlier.

ignoranceisntbliss
12-04-2007, 02:57 AM
Bump

Menthol Patch
12-04-2007, 03:33 AM
I think this is a fantastic idea.

beerista
12-04-2007, 03:51 AM
Heck yeah, this should have been done months ago.
One of the few times I'll ever advocate for centralized anything. Great idea.

austin356
12-04-2007, 04:28 AM
Trust me........ people have already tried this......... to no avail (getting organizers to join that is)

LibertyEagle
12-04-2007, 04:34 AM
Try it again. It is a good idea.

specsaregood
12-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Trust me........ people have already tried this......... to no avail (getting organizers to join that is)

Maybe because we already get sooo much email just in our states.

I come here to get nationwide news/action alerts.

austin356
12-04-2007, 04:55 AM
Maybe because we already get sooo much email just in our states.

I come here to get nationwide news/action alerts.

OMG I get f-ing tired of so many bs "ACTION ALERT" and "URGENT" messages that is makes me sick some days.

I have mobile email and all I get is beep, beep, beep, all day and it is filled mostly with trash from the meetup that I care nothing about.

soooo

If someone on here does decide to have a true national coordinating group you need to first off establish a "Email Guidelines" constitution and lock it in chains. No exception. No emails go out that shouldn't. All emails are approved by the organizer.

Mark
12-04-2007, 05:58 AM
Would a regular website work as well too?

What's meetup cost? $20/month ~ if so

I could supply plenty of web hosting space and add-ons (forum/blog/calendar email ect)
for only $20 / YEAR roughly or less ~ $2/month per GB of space I think

You shouldn't need much space, a simple forum or blog, email list

I can design a hosting account depending on your needs

ignoranceisntbliss
12-04-2007, 07:36 AM

Do you have any failed meetup groups as an example? I tend to like quantitative evidence wherever possible before processing data.

Would a regular website work as well too?

A regular website could be benficial but my concept is that its done mainly thru Meetup. All of the meetup people are obviously at least semi-accoustomed to meetup, and it includes the email newletter comms that are required for efficient operation.

Some sort of operational directives and methodologies would need to be established to eliminate excessive email noise. One way could be to have a circle of collaborators connected thru phones and instant messengers. Then say every 6 hours an update could be posted containing everythign worthwhile. Or somethineg to that effect. That hierarchy would require 'set' people -for whatever time cycle- to ensure that the posts would be made consistently. That's one rough concept anyways.

To the one comment: Technically all posts over this dedicated network would classify as "URGENT", etc.

Live_Free_Or_Die
12-04-2007, 11:34 AM
nt

ignoranceisntbliss
12-04-2007, 04:44 PM
The campaign at least outta be able to broadcast to all groups when needed.

ignoranceisntbliss
12-10-2007, 06:58 PM
bump

johnscr
12-10-2007, 07:02 PM
There is already a solution in place (developed by Meetup):

http://www.meetupalliance.com/RonPaul2008

ignoranceisntbliss
12-11-2007, 05:02 AM
I dont really see how theres a direct universal 'comms' coordination from what they have clickable on the site there.?

ignoranceisntbliss
01-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Blimp

tangent4ronpaul
01-26-2008, 09:10 PM
The 3 organizing groups have been doing this for while. We are now often cross posting between the lists but only about 450 organizers are on board.

Meetup alliance was also supposed to be a solution, but also has some very real limitations. Meetup is going to be improving it, but it will take a while.

the big problem is getting people to post to their local meetups after receiving something - it usually does not happen.

Believe me - people have been working on this problem for a year!

-n