PDA

View Full Version : Ebola is out of control

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2014, 12:58 AM
Ebola is out of control
WHO released roadmap to contain it within 6-9 months.
will require 750 additional international staff. No one wants to go.
150 health care workers have died.
will cost half a billion for next 6 months. Much more if AirWHO has to keep running
There are shortages of supplies of everything
over 1,500 have died. over 40% of those in the last 3 weeks.
20,000 are expected to become infected before it's over. Thats the low number.
Who believes there are 2-4 unidentified cases for every identified case
Outbreak is expected to spread to at least 10 more countries.
several new drugs are being fast tracked and sent into production for immediate availability if they pass the human trials.
virus has mutated over 300 times in this outbreak alone.

http://www.voanews.com/content/who-fears-ebola-outbreak-could-infect-20-thousand-people/2430758.html
http://www.voanews.com/content/gene-studies-of-ebola-in-sierra-leone-show-virus-mutating-fast/2431477.html
http://westmorelandtimes.com/news/12790/28/who-issues-road-map-to-scale-up-international-response-to-the-ebola-outbreak-in-west-africa/
http://apps.who.int/iris/bitstream/10665/131596/1/EbolaResponseRoadmap.pdf?ua=1

-t

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-29-2014, 01:01 AM
Something's out of control, alright.

orenbus
08-29-2014, 01:06 AM
Did any more Americans die? No? Okay back to sleep ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZzzz...

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2014, 01:18 AM
This thread has been brought to you by the letter "e"...

-t

extortion17
08-29-2014, 04:51 AM
http://www.voanews.com/content/who-fears-ebola-outbreak-could-infect-20-thousand-people/2430758.html

"cost nearly a half-billion dollars, and cause thousands of deaths before the epidemic raging in West Africa ends. "

ends ? wow, WHO has a great PR spin department at least.

Ebola doesn't just "end" -
and fwiw, Ebola is not a new virus . . . it is just new in the mass media and reported public awareness, that's all.

and we are so glad there is a "roadmap" now too

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/ebola_roadmap003v_zps48fd87cf.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/ebola_roadmap003v_zps48fd87cf.jpg.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BA6fFGMjI

luctor-et-emergo
08-29-2014, 04:59 AM

"cost nearly a half-billion dollars, and cause thousands of deaths before the epidemic raging in West Africa ends. "

ends ? wow, WHO has a great PR spin department at least.

Ebola doesn't just "end" -
and fwiw, Ebola is not a new virus . . . it is just new in the mass media and reported public awareness, that's all.

and we are so glad there is a "roadmap" now too

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/oo161/sunblush/ebola_roadmap003v_zps48fd87cf.jpg (http://s372.photobucket.com/user/sunblush/media/ebola_roadmap003v_zps48fd87cf.jpg.html)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9BA6fFGMjI

The WHO is not talking about ending the existence of Ebola, they state (which you copied); "the epidemic raging in West Africa ends." They are talking about the worst outbreak of Ebola since it's discovery, how bad ? Significantly worse than any outbreak before.

Ebola is something that's of mild concern when it pops up somewhere every now and then. It's in several very poor countries and the outbreak does not show any slowing down, in fact it seems to get worse still. The problem is that these countries do not have anything to fight this and their people aren't helping either.

It's not a great concern in developed countries, but it could become just that. If this outbreak is not stopped and it continues to infect more and more people then it's only a matter of time before people here start getting infected as well. There may be some experimental medicines for it but have they been shown to work yet ?

CaptUSA
08-29-2014, 06:02 AM
So I read The Hot Zone back in the 90's.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Hot-Zone-Terrifying-Origins/dp/0385479565

This is something that infectious disease scientists freak out about. Strains of Ebola pop up from time to time and usually go dormant for some unknown reason, only to pop up again later with a mutated strain. Each time a strain of the virus pops up, it's a little different and has different characteristics. According to the book, it's like the virus is trying to find a way to reproduce most efficiently. And with the latest mutations increasing their pace, it looks like the virus is learning faster. That scares the hell out of them because if it succeeds, that means the percentage of people who die from the virus will be lower, but the percentage of infections will be way higher. That means the death toll will be catastrophic.

Anyway, I say that because this is what has the scientists all worked up. I don't think it's the media creating the frenzy, it's those who are looking at the potential. The media is just picking up on their concern.

However. And this is a big "however". This is still in the very early stages. This virus has a way of popping up and going back to sleep. I would imagine this time will be no different. It'll just take a little longer til that rest happens. In the meantime, we can expect all sorts of panic. It's kinda akin to the Yellowstone caldera in my opinion. This is certainly good reason for concern, and it's only a matter of time before it explodes, but that time may still be a long way off.

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2014, 07:59 AM
So I read The Hot Zone back in the 90's.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Hot-Zone-Terrifying-Origins/dp/0385479565

This is something that infectious disease scientists freak out about. Strains of Ebola pop up from time to time and usually go dormant for some unknown reason, only to pop up again later with a mutated strain. Each time a strain of the virus pops up, it's a little different and has different characteristics. According to the book, it's like the virus is trying to find a way to reproduce most efficiently. And with the latest mutations increasing their pace, it looks like the virus is learning faster. That scares the hell out of them because if it succeeds, that means the percentage of people who die from the virus will be lower, but the percentage of infections will be way higher. That means the death toll will be catastrophic.

Anyway, I say that because this is what has the scientists all worked up. I don't think it's the media creating the frenzy, it's those who are looking at the potential. The media is just picking up on their concern.

However. And this is a big "however". This is still in the very early stages. This virus has a way of popping up and going back to sleep. I would imagine this time will be no different. It'll just take a little longer til that rest happens. In the meantime, we can expect all sorts of panic. It's kinda akin to the Yellowstone caldera in my opinion. This is certainly good reason for concern, and it's only a matter of time before it explodes, but that time may still be a long way off.

Or it could be an international pandemic threatening all human life on earth.

Don't dismiss this too quick.

-t

CaptUSA
08-29-2014, 08:05 AM

Lol. Ok, or it could be that.

Let's regroup in a year and see, K?

Carlybee
08-29-2014, 08:19 AM
Got my colloidal silver

tangent4ronpaul
08-29-2014, 08:22 AM
Whatever. Laugh if you want. I'll be buying more N95 masks.

-t

Working Poor
08-29-2014, 08:23 AM
Got my colloidal silver
I make mine

pcosmar
08-29-2014, 08:27 AM
It is only a matter of time.

I saw in heaven another great and marvelous sign: seven angels with the seven last plagues--last, because with them God's wrath is completed.

And I have no idea,, if this is part of the last plagues.. But sooner or later,, the evil of this world will piss God off enough.
And the Evil seems to be increasing,, world wide.

CaptUSA
08-29-2014, 08:36 AM
Whatever. Laugh if you want. I'll be buying more N95 masks.

-tGood luck with that. This is what USAMRIID uses when dealing with the virus.

http://cdn.globalbiodefense.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/ebola_research_bsl4_usamriid.jpg

Full containment with inflated suits so that if it gets punctured, the air inside pushes any airborne virus away. I remember reading where one of the researchers had a bandage covering a small wound and her suit was punctured allowing possible exposure to the wound. Their fear was that she was already infected.

Not sure a mask will do much for you.

Brian4Liberty
08-29-2014, 08:52 AM
Did they ever say how the two American aid workers contracted Ebola? Supposedly they would be taking modern precautions...

Acala
08-29-2014, 08:59 AM

-t

Ebola is not very contagious. Unlike air borne and vector borne diseases (plague, influenza, etc.) infection requires direct contact with secretions of an infected person. Certainly diseases like typhoid and cholera that are transmitted in the same manner as ebola have caused problems at times, but they are easily controlled. A little bit of hygiene goes a long way.

Now it is "possible" that the ebola virus will evolve in such a way that it becomes highly cantagious. That would be a problem. It is also possible that aliens are planning to attack us. And there is no way to know which is more probable.

RonPaulIsGreat
08-29-2014, 09:15 AM
Pretty sure I had Ebola yesterday, I had liquid diarrhea all day long, but I defeated it, so am now immune.

LibertyEagle
08-29-2014, 09:16 AM
Ebola is not very contagious. Unlike air borne and vector borne diseases (plague, influenza, etc.) infection requires direct contact with secretions of an infected person. Certainly diseases like typhoid and cholera that are transmitted in the same manner as ebola have caused problems at times, but they are easily controlled. A little bit of hygiene goes a long way.

Now it is "possible" that the ebola virus will evolve in such a way that it becomes highly cantagious. That would be a problem. It is also possible that aliens are planning to attack us. And there is no way to know which is more probable.

I'm not so sure about that.

While all Ebola virus species have displayed the ability to be spread through airborne particles (aerosols) under research conditions, this type of spread has not been documented among humans in a real-world setting, such as a hospital or household.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/fact-sheet.pdf

donnay
08-29-2014, 09:20 AM

Except when governments weaponize it. However, the interesting thing it mimics flu symptoms...I can see people freaking out (understandingly so) if they get the flu and lots of chaos will ensue. Of course that is what government likes best--order out of chaos. We are heading into flu season. . .

Stock up on Colloidal silver!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7wNfRCuOZE

Brian4Liberty
08-29-2014, 09:37 AM
Ebola is not very contagious. Unlike air borne and vector borne diseases (plague, influenza, etc.) infection requires direct contact with secretions of an infected person.

That's what we have been told.

My question still stands:

Did they ever say how the two American aid workers contracted Ebola? Supposedly they would be taking modern precautions...

Brian4Liberty
08-29-2014, 09:39 AM
An update on the Sacramento scare:

Sacramento patient tests negative for Ebola, CDC says

SACRAMENTO -- A Sacramento hospital patient has tested negative for the Ebola virus, state health officials announced on Thursday.

CBS Sacramento reports that doctors and public-health officials said tests sent to the Centers For Disease Control and Prevention headquarters in Atlanta came back negative.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/sacramento-patient-tests-negative-for-ebola-cdc-says/

Acala
08-29-2014, 09:40 AM
That's what we have been told.

My question still stands:

Ebola has been around for at least forty years. And even in the least hygenic countries in the world with the worst health care in the world, only about two thousand people have died from it. Very deadly + few have died = not very contagious.

CaptUSA
08-29-2014, 09:49 AM
Very deadly + few have died = not very contagious.

Not the case. Very deadly. Extremely contagious. But the virus has a short lifespan. And, because it kills its victims so quickly after contraction, the signs of infection are recognized relatively early. As for airborne infection, bodily fluids can become airborne through coughing and sneezing. Infections can happen through inhalation of bodily fluids.

The problem is that the researchers still don't know why the outbreaks stop all of a sudden. From their perspective, they think the virus may mutate to a unsustainable form and dies on its own. I agree with this and expect it to happen again. If it should mutate to a form that is perpetually sustainable - meaning it doesn't die out on its own - God help us.

PRB
08-29-2014, 10:24 AM
Did any more Americans die? No? Okay back to sleep ZZZzzzZZZzzzZZzzz...

of course, it's not our job to police or doctor the world, NON INTERVENTION is the best and most Christian foreign policy (and health care policy, for the matter)

pcosmar
08-29-2014, 10:27 AM
. From their perspective, they think the virus may mutate to a unsustainable form and dies on its own. I agree with this and expect it to happen again. If it should mutate to a form that is perpetually sustainable - meaning it doesn't die out on its own - God help us.

My concern is that the sick fucks in Labs are meddling with it.

And it may not "mutate" on it's own,, but have help. :(

08-29-2014, 10:37 AM
Ebola is out of control

No it's not. 1400 deaths, while unfortunate, is nothing in the big picture. 50 times that die each year in the US a developed country with modern health care from influenza virus.

Ebola is not very contagious, now if it mutates and becomes airborne, different story.

CaptUSA
08-29-2014, 12:11 PM
Ebola is not very contagious, I'm not sure where you are getting this... Ebola is EXTREMELY contagious. The idea that because the number of deaths is relatively low that this virus is not contagious is not based in science at all. The various mutations of Ebola viruses all have different characteristics, but one of them is that they are incapable of being defended by human immune systems. If you come in contact with these bodily fluids, and that could include through inhalation of a sneeze or cough, then there is a huge possibility that you will become infected.

But again... I have to stress. These mutations usually run themselves out. They leap from host to host mutating, but eventually die out on their own. It is clear that the virus is learning and getting stronger, but in my opinion, we are still pretty far away from the virus finding a perpetually sustainable mutation.

heavenlyboy34
08-29-2014, 12:18 PM
This thread is giving me the panics. :eek:

Philhelm
08-29-2014, 12:28 PM
Lol. Ok, or it could be that.

Let's regroup in a year and see, K?

A year!? With those things running around we won't last seventeen hours! They're going to come in here just like they did before, and they're going to kill us!

Philhelm
08-29-2014, 12:32 PM
of course, it's not our job to police or doctor the world, NON INTERVENTION is the best and most Christian foreign policy (and health care policy, for the matter)

:rolleyes: Get real. Helping foreign countries with medical aid isn't even in the same ballgame as bombing them. Of course, if its funded involuntarily then there is a problem, but that's for another discussion.

Anti Federalist
08-29-2014, 12:33 PM
A year!? With those things running around we won't last seventeen hours! They're going to come in here just like they did before, and they're going to kill us!

Game over, man! Game over!

Carlybee
08-29-2014, 01:22 PM
Pretty sure I had Ebola yesterday, I had liquid diarrhea all day long, but I defeated it, so am now immune.

If you had Ebola you would be leaking blood out of all of your orifices

RonwasRight
08-29-2014, 01:44 PM
I'm not so sure about that.

http://www.cdc.gov/vhf/ebola/pdf/fact-sheet.pdf

That particular paragraph is referring to Ebola Reston- that is- Reston, Virginia, where that particular strain spread in a monkey holding facility, from room to room, through air vents. It was airborne, yet it never infected humans, only the crab-eating monkeys at the facility. The caretakers at Reston were not equipped, nor did they take the precautions for what they were dealing with, and yet, none were infected, because that strain could not pass into or survive our bodies.

Unfortunately, many forums have confused Reston with ALL of Ebola, and it is simply not true. The Ebola mutations we know about are not airborne. The blood, even when sprayed all around the room when a patient crashes and bleeds out, simply does not aerosolize well at all.

BTW, both Writebol and Brantly probably caught Ebola when they were working in the de-containment area, which is one of the most dangerous areas to be working, as often the helpers interact with live virus without necessary protection.

Although Ebola cannot spread like the flu, it is extraordinarily interesting, in what it does and how it does it. At a certain point, it strives to turn the human body into itself. This is called amplification. At this point, the patient has been throwing up vomit negro for some time. A patient will do this long after the stomach is empty. This vomit is often comprised of organ linings, tongue linings, blood, etc. It is hot with Ebola. If you looked at it under a microscope, you would see little black squiggles. If you looked at those under an electron microscope, you would find bricks of compacted ebola. They are called crystalloid structures, and when the patient crashes and makes quite the bloody mess, these seedlings spread far and wide, looking for a new body as the former no longer has any use for the virus.

In West Africa, the virus has no need for airborne qualities: it has abject poverty, a general lack of medical supplies, and a general distrust of hospitals and aid workers. Of course times have changed a bit since Ebola Zaire raised its ugly head along the Ebola River, in the area of Bumba, on September 1st, 1976. In those days, nurses were so often given five syringes to use through the entire day, only one pair of gloves, and a certain ignorance- that early Ebola symptoms looked a hell of a lot like Malaria. So what happens? In most cases of Ebola as well as Marburg, someone brings it in to the village. Perhaps they were hunting or fishing, or more likely, they were cutting down trees and building roads through the jungle. Either way, they got sick. They spread it first to their family, and eventually, at some point, they sought care at the village hospital. The nurses took blood samples, and diagnosed them with malaria. The hospital is where Ebola kills a village. When aid workers reached Bumba after several weeks without radio contact, they at first found a large pile of burnt mattresses in the soccer field. Then they found Yambuku Hospital. Two nuns and one doctor were still alive. Ebola Zaire burned through everything else. One of the nuns at Yambuku flew to Kinshasa to seek treatment, after realizing she had been infected. From her it spread to a young nurse at the hospital, named Mayinga N'Seka. Her name is infamous. It is the name written on several vials of ebola at USAMRIID, because it was her blood that was the first to arrive for testing in the US. The story of Mayinga is a very sad story of a young nurse desperate to arrange travel to Europe to begin her advanced training, WHILE dealing with the symptoms of the most deadly form of Ebola.

Her picture is famous. Look up Ebola Mayinga, and the first picture on google is of a hospital room, with Mayinga herself laying in bed, and two nurses attending her. They have plastic covers on their shoes, and one nurse is looking right at the camera. She is scared shitless.

Acala
08-29-2014, 02:12 PM

Surely that was done and in the can long ago.

Acala
08-29-2014, 02:15 PM

You should absolutely doctor the world to your heart's content. If you do decent job of it, I might even contribute. Of course you won't be the first. Private medical assistancefor the poor in the world has been around a long time. Rand Paul just gave a demonstration of how it works. And he didn't have to use force to amke anyone participate! How nice.

Brian4Liberty
08-29-2014, 02:43 PM

"I say we take off and nuke the entire site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure."

KEEF
08-29-2014, 02:47 PM
Not the case. Very deadly. Extremely contagious. But the virus has a short lifespan. And, because it kills its victims so quickly after contraction, the signs of infection are recognized relatively early. As for airborne infection, bodily fluids can become airborne through coughing and sneezing. Infections can happen through inhalation of bodily fluids.

The problem is that the researchers still don't know why the outbreaks stop all of a sudden. From their perspective, they think the virus may mutate to a unsustainable form and dies on its own. I agree with this and expect it to happen again. If it should mutate to a form that is perpetually sustainable - meaning it doesn't die out on its own - God help us.

This is possible. From what I know about viruses is that unlike our DNA which is a double helix molecule, ebola, like all viruses is a single strand of RNA (basically think like one half of a ladder). Being that RNA is only a single strand, mutations that occur during reproduction of RNA are more likely to happen and proliferate throughout that population because there isn't another nucleic acid strand to "check" the mutation.

So what about dormancy? Basically a virus can go dormant a number of different ways, one way is called episomal latency. In this type, the viral RNA just floats around in cellular cytoplasm until it begins to reproduce again and then express itself. Example of this is chicken pox (which is a type of herpes virus); you get it as a kid, it goes into episomal latency but then can come back later in life as shingles.

Eboli, from what I can tell goes dormant in another way called proviral latency. This is happens when the virus genome integrates itself in with the host DNA and therefore can proliferate from one generation to another by being passed down during reproduction and like a recessive gene, will not be phenotypically expressed unless those genes are induced so to cause the RNA transcription process and inevitable protein synthesis of that virus.

Ironically, eboli outbreaks have been associated with malnutrition and a diet that is lacking selenium (Badmaev, V., Majeed, M., & Passwater, R. A. (1996, July). Selium: A Quest for Better Understanding. Alternative Therapies, 2(4), 59-67.).

The idea is that Ebola may carry several genes with the potential to encode selenoproteins, and one of these proteins may have a propensity to bind with DNA, acting as a repressor of ebola virus transcription. That mechanism could result in turning off the expression of the ebola, hence slowing the
virus proliferation. But once the virus uses up the reserves of selenium in the infected cell. The virus's repressed ability to proliferate is deprepressed
and it infects adjacent cells in a "search" for the unexploited sources of selenium, thereby spreading the infection throughout the body.

For what it's worth...

osan
08-29-2014, 03:12 PM

-t

I for one do not.

Something greater than mere chance governs this world, regulates it, and protects life. Call it "God" or "kitchen sink", it matters not a whit. It is intelligent and I suspect that the greater picture is its major concern and it does not care whether humans are here or are gone. Many of a certain set of religious bents will chafe at this, but I suggest that reality is what it is no matter what one may choose to believe to the contrary. We can argue all day long whether human activity has had so much effect on the planet that this force is now beginning to act to restore a proper balance of circumstances. It may be that we are not as significant in the grand scheme of things as so many of us seem to believe. If that is the case and there is indeed a system of rebalancing ecosystems, then it is by no means a stretch to imagine that if humans become a serious threat to the broader ability of the planet to support life, the mechanism will act to remove the threat. This may not entail global genocide, but it could readily mean the introduction of factors that serve to knock the human population WAY down.

08-29-2014, 03:16 PM
I'm not sure where you are getting this... Ebola is EXTREMELY contagious. The idea that because the number of deaths is relatively low that this virus is not contagious is not based in science at all. The various mutations of Ebola viruses all have different characteristics, but one of them is that they are incapable of being defended by human immune systems. If you come in contact with these bodily fluids, and that could include through inhalation of a sneeze or cough, then there is a huge possibility that you will become infected.

But again... I have to stress. These mutations usually run themselves out. They leap from host to host mutating, but eventually die out on their own. It is clear that the virus is learning and getting stronger, but in my opinion, we are still pretty far away from the virus finding a perpetually sustainable mutation.

It's not that contagious. Transmission requires prolonged contact with a symptomatic person's bodily fluids. It's not airborne and doesn't live long outside a host.

If the human body was incapable of defending against it, the death rate would be 100%. It's not.

Working Poor
08-29-2014, 03:35 PM
I want a tequila IV if I get it.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-29-2014, 04:00 PM
Bill Gates will solve the problem.

orenbus
08-29-2014, 04:48 PM

I remember when I was following the story some time back a local aid worker responsible for cleaning the area where the sick were being treated got infected and died. They assume the Americans contracted Ebola from him in a staging or otherwise considered safe area. Although they can't pinpoint the exact action that caused the virus to be transmitted, from what I've learned about Ebola and during the time following the story I learned a lot more than I ever wanted to lol, I believe the transmission happened from a hand shake followed up with touching of the face, possibly eyes.

Although it's true that Ebola in it's current form (that we know of) in Africa can only be transmitted by bodily fluids this also includes sweat, and because it can exist for an extended period of time in these fluids (think dead bodies), and because we are talking about Africa in the summer months, people are sweating a lot! Temperatures in the safety equipment they use when treating and attending to the contaminated area get extremely high which can cause excessive sweating, with these conditions in mind you can imagine what happens next. These medical workers aren't stupid people and yet to date, more than 240 health care workers have developed the disease in Guinea, Liberia, Nigeria, and Sierra Leone, and more than 120 have died.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/07/30/us-uganda-ebola-idUSBRE86R0JM20120730

http://www.who.int/mediacentre/news/ebola/25-august-2014/en/

http://wwwnc.cdc.gov/eid/article/9/11/03-0339_article

1:14 in this video, a Doctor mentions sweat is a bodily fluid that can be used as a vehicle to contract Ebola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szOFQe4abbI

Number of times a human touches their face per day increase chance of transmission.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0e8SxK-_qw

Brian4Liberty
08-29-2014, 08:09 PM
They assume the Americans contracted Ebola from him in a staging or otherwise considered safe area. Although they can't pinpoint the exact action that caused the virus to be transmitted, from what I've learned about Ebola and during the time following the story I learned a lot more than I ever wanted to lol, I believe the transmission happened from a hand shake followed up with touching of the face, possibly eyes.

Of course this contradicts all of the assurances that it is so hard to contract, and it requires intimate contact. Ebola ain't AIDS.

John F Kennedy III
08-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Stop eating dead monkeys.

orenbus
08-29-2014, 08:56 PM
Oh btw for those that care, Ebola reaches another country

http://www.cnn.com/2014/08/29/health/ebola-outbreak-senegal/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

(CNN) -- The West African country of Senegal has confirmed its first Ebola case one week after closing its border with Guinea over fears that the deadly outbreak could spread, the Senegalese Press Agency reported Friday.

Senegal is the fifth country in the region where the virus has spread.

Senegal's health minister, Awa Marie Coll Seck, confirmed that a 21-year-old university student from Guinea was infected with the Ebola virus and placed in quarantine in the Fann Hospital in Dakar, the news agency reported.

Officials in Guinea alerted Senegal on Wednesday after losing track of the young man, the agency reported.

HOLLYWOOD
08-29-2014, 09:41 PM
Let it spread to a massive audience... then, BIG PHARMA GSK, to the rescue

[QUOTE] GLAXOSMITHKLINE PLC (http://investing.money.msn.com/investments/company-report/?symbol=GSK)

(NYSE: GSK)

49.10 http://investing.money.msn.com/sc/i/f0/f79515321c02a38539f048789011e7.gif +0.23 +0.47%
[QUOTE]

Glaxo to test Ebola vaccine as health officials scramble to contain virus
August 28, 2014, 11:25 AM ET

http://blogs.marketwatch.com/health-exchange/2014/08/28/glaxo-to-test-ebola-vaccine-as-health-officials-scramble-to-contain-virus/?mod=msn_money_ticker

https://images.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.wideanglefilms.com%2FGSK01.gif&f=1

extortion17
08-29-2014, 11:21 PM
That particular paragraph is referring to Ebola Reston- that is- Reston, Virginia, where that particular strain spread in a monkey holding facility, from room to room, through air vents. . . .
Unfortunately, many ... have confused Reston with ALL of Ebola, and it is simply not true.

i would have been one of those who understands Ebola solely from the monkeys in Reston, Virginia - which came from Africa.-
and that is good enuf for now.

Maybe I am a hard headed old man or something, but it is good enuf for me to die in some future month/year/decade
still holding on to old school core beliefs and ideas about all sorts of things . . .
young'uns try to manipulate that they know something new by obfuscating sometimes.

I will be fine enuf considering Ebola as a primarily monkey disease from Africa, some humans get it through contact with the monkeys or a bat cave,
which is where the Ebola of Reston infamy got traced - kids playing in a cave.

In humans you bleed through every orifice . . . ears, eye sockets, and even pores of skin - not airborne per se like tuberculoisis,
but the patient is bleeding every where - bound to happen even with precautions that bodily fluids like infected blood gets around
to infect health care workers.

Ebola does not have to mutate anymore to be deadly . . . containment has always been a goal for this decades old virus.

Good luck everybuddy.

John F Kennedy III
08-30-2014, 03:16 AM
Bill Gates will solve the problem.

With genocide and a smile.

Carlybee
09-04-2014, 09:38 PM

They are working on a vaccine in a lab about 50 miles from me.

http://www.khou.com/story/news/health/2014/09/04/scientists-battling-ebola-in-galveston-lab/15106807/