PDA

View Full Version : A little rant about this for-profit crap

DjLoTi
12-02-2007, 12:23 PM
I just saw a thread about how the blimp is for profit so it's a total crime. wow.

You guys may or may not know, but Ron Paul radio has received over $1,000 of donations within it's lifetime. Therefore, in order to avoid FEC laws, we incorporated and are now a 'for profit corporation'.

Should we have become a PAC? No... that just didn't make any sense to me. Should we become a ( and this is the most popular one ) 'non-profit 501C3' and be under tons and tons of rules and regulations, including not being able to endorse a particular candidate ( guess we'd have to change our name lol )? No

One of my hosts was involved in 'helping' (he really didn't help anything) us incorporate, and said he wanted to 'own' a '%' of our company. I was like, uhhh no dude?

Now the guy's got trolls rolling through our chat, they're threatening some of my team, and they're also literally saying " Ron Paul radio has been taken over by evildoers and profiteers".

You're thinking, that's retarded! DjLoTi owns Ron Paul radio, and he's all about the movement, I've seen how much stuff he's done and how much he's pushed for Ron.

WELL.. we've had 3 of our show hosts leave, and one of them provided the streaming and tech skills. Austin, the guy I started RPR with, has left. Tangoland and TheJerShow has also left. None of these people told me why, they just send a robotic type email like ' I am unable to continue my services ' blah blah blah (edit: they're on a new, commercialized radio station now)

We had to become a corporation to avoid FEC laws. Now everyone wants to say ' oh it could be this way, oh it could be that way '. Listen up! You don't own Ron Paul radio, and I'm not about to be like, ' oh ok dude you sound like you know what you're talking about, I'm going to let you set up everything for my org and I'll trust you'll do it 100% correctly '.

If the blimp thing doesn't happen because of some crap drama, then some of the Ron Paul supporters deserve it. They're like neo-RP supporters. They're just nuts, don't trust anyone, derail any idea they don't like, spread nasty rumors to fit their agenda.

It amazes me that a guy ( i won't name who ) who walked out on us because he didn't get 11% ownership of Ron Paul radio is now getting trolling types to go into the chat and say we're 'evil profiteers'. What would he like us to do? Shut down, and say ohhh well we're doing the movement a disservice so we're going to erase Ron Paul radio.

Sounds to me like he was the profiteer.

Everything we do should be about Ron Paul. If it's not about Ron Paul, helping the movement, and doing more to do more, then it ain't worth it. I'm really just pissed a little bit because my radio station is totally jacked up ( massive tech stuff to figure out lol, but... I got friends w/other internet radios who can help ... but they're in Holland lol )

Before I incorporated people told me, 'once money starts getting involved people change a bit'. I thought, ohhh well we're all volunteers and it's all about Ron Paul, I doubt anyone will really care that much about money'. Wow was I wrong.

Funny thing is, the people who really don't care about money are the ones who are sticking with me. Be it money, control, power, status, w/e. It's NOT ABOUT THOSE THINGS. It's about RON PAUL .. it always was and it always will be. And if you want a 'personal' agenda, I'll give you one! American people annoy the crap out of me! They're so stuck-up, self-centered, spoiled, immature, greedy, clueless, boring, I could go on and on. I had the best time of my life in Europe, and I'm so ready to go back, and I'm so ready to get out of America, no joke. My radio station is for those people who arn't IN America who want to know what's going on. Well... that's not the only reason, but it is a personal agenda.

Anyway I'm done ranting so I'll be looking forward to the trolls responding to this and stalking me throughout my internet presence since they're trying to " get me out of the freedom movement " because "I'm an evildoer and profiteer"

Sounds like we've got some freedom fighters WITHIN the freedom fighters... lol

constituent
12-02-2007, 12:32 PM
raaaaaable!

keep on rockin' in the freeworld loti, everything works out in time.

unfortunate about the hosts, i hadn't heard about that... i'd been trolled
out of the chatroom pretty much about a week or two ago, just couldn't really
take it anymore, but you know i keep the window open atleast!

need anything, let me know.
\

McDermit
12-02-2007, 12:39 PM
I, for one, love you guys at RPR. You do an awesome job, and I wouldn't care in the least if you made a few hundred (or more) bucks off every live coverage event. You deserve it, and you've PROVEN that!

Plus, you didn't request donations and a salary before RPR even got off the ground. You put your own sweat into it without demanding shit in return. THAT is what makes this movement so great!

The blimp, however, is turning into an entirely different monster, and as far as I'm concerned, is in no way even comparable to what has gone on with RPR. I don't support the blimp project under it's current leadership.

rodent
12-02-2007, 12:41 PM
I just saw a thread about how the blimp is for profit so it's a total crime. wow.

Money changes people, but it's also a way to figure out who has good character.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 12:42 PM
dj,

i thought your rant was great. i had no idea that kind of stuff was going down with rpr. i'm sorry to hear that. i can't believe you lost several hosts, possibly over this. you are right though, the same bs is starting to effect the blimp project. people seem to want to think the worst.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 12:45 PM
If the blimp thing doesn't happen because of some crap drama, then some of the Ron Paul supporters deserve it. They're like neo-RP supporters. They're just nuts, don't trust anyone, derail any idea they don't like, spread nasty rumors to fit their agenda.
this is dead on

Non_Serviam
12-02-2007, 12:50 PM
Money changes people, but it's also a way to figure out who has good character.

EXACTLY.

Mr. White
12-02-2007, 12:50 PM
One of the guys who works for you wanted a share in the station?

That sonnuvabitch.

:)

That being said, glad to see you guys are still trucking along. $1K in donations is pretty respectable, keep the radio coming.

mdh
12-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah, it's been rough for us lately with the trolls. I had to lock down the chat so only people we know get voice right away, etc. :( I hate having to do stuff like that, but we didn't really have any choice.

If anyone knows shoutcast and/or icecast really well, please come talk to me. I could really use some friendly help on this.

And just to put it out there, since a few people have asked... operating Ron Paul Radio costs us about $1100/month for systems and networks. The vast majority of that is paid for by three individuals out of pocket, one of whom is myself. We still need listener contributions, however, to make up for the rest. I'm not independently wealthy. I'm a hard working full-time activist and involved in a vast number of Ron Paul and other pro-liberty projects, both on-line and off. Beyond that, contribution money goes to helping our hosts - most of whom are likewise regular poor folks - get to real-world events to provide coverage of the largest events around the nation.
We're always working to improve things, and dealing with setbacks as they hit us. We're not going to fail. We can always use your help. If you're interested in working with us in any capacity, let me know. If you don't have time or expertise in a needed area, please consider tossing us a contribution.
Thanks - your friend, mdh

Conza88
12-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Loti represent mate.
Keep on keeping on. RPRadio 4 life!
Hopefully reason wins the day with these people.
Keep kickin ass!

JMann
12-02-2007, 12:54 PM
The for-profit complainers are probably for Paul's Democrat supporters that still don't yet have a full grasp of free enterprise. Give them a little more time and they will grow up.

freedominnumbers
12-02-2007, 12:59 PM
There is also a bit of a difference in a $1K donation driven company and a $500K donation company. From reading the posts on the blimp it seems people are afraid that the blimp guys are either gonna be getting paid unreasonably to stand by the blimp or are going to turn around and sell the space to other campaigns.

I fully support a private corp for the blimp. It's the only way that makes sense.
I think it's the unsubstantiated fear that the blimp guys are gonna make a million dollars a year on the back of RP supporters that is freaking people out.

Probably the best resolution to the blimp issue would be a completely transparent and public accounting system being started TODAY.

I can imagine where the guy who wanted 11% was coming from. He probably figured that he was part of the organization and if you were ultimately gonna make money on the situation (even if it's 5 years from now) than he should too.

alexpasch
12-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I'm not familiar with what's going on with RPR but I'll say that the blimp isn't exactly the same problem.

Some people do have a problem with Elijah, Trevor, et. al. getting a salary or the LLC being for-profit. But I think you'll find that what most people want is simply some more transparency. With a project this big, the potential to draw an "unfair" salary is definitely there. I want to donate to the blimp but I want some sort of budget or breakdown of just where my budget is going. As long as they keep that hidden they aren't getting my money (or a lot of other people's).

vertesc
12-02-2007, 01:00 PM
Ironic that the people complaining of "evil profiteers" are supporting the candidate who is more pro-private enterprise than anyone in 50 years.

Mr. White
12-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Ironic that the people complaining of "evil profiteers" are supporting the candidate who is more pro-private enterprise than anyone in 50 years.

That statement is, at first glance, true, but we're also the people complaining about the abusive involvment of "evil profiteers" in political campagins.

empirenine
12-02-2007, 01:15 PM
My support for Ron Paul Radio remains unchanged. You guys are doing a great deed to society.

Bryan
12-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Ron Paul Radio rocks! It's my home away from home (here). :)

Good post DJ- sorry to hear about the growing pains (going corp and the issues it brings in).

DJ and MDH are doing a great service for the Ron Paul freedom movement! I need to send some Christmas money your way soon- other can at too:

http://www.ronpaulradio.com

Select the green "Donate Today" button on the upper right then paypal away. :)

Bradley in DC
12-02-2007, 01:28 PM
and RonPaulRadio! :)

(sorry about the defections). :(

MozoVote
12-02-2007, 01:30 PM
I remember the planning stages for RP radio back around June/July. People were saying "go away" and that they would not listen to a for profit enterprise. There have always been some detractors and naysayers on here.

mdh
12-02-2007, 01:36 PM
How come two of the hosts who quit supposedly because we are evil profiteers now have their shows on a new start-up station that is a for-profit entity which actually makes a profit now?

How odd!

constituent
12-02-2007, 01:37 PM
actually dj got trashed up and down this forum over it for awhile, but he kept his head in the game...

has really set the stage for many of the grassroots efforts that came later.

jcims
12-02-2007, 01:41 PM
How come two of the hosts who quit supposedly because we are evil profiteers now have their shows on a new start-up station that is a for-profit entity which actually makes a profit now?

Hypocrisy knows no bounds. People that are in it for alterior motives aren't afraid to steamroll those that aren't...I'm glad DJ didn't give up anything and i wish you guys the best. All of the drama over the blimp is sickening, there are some real pieces of work over there, i have my doubts about the sincerity of half of them.

fletcher
12-02-2007, 01:49 PM
You guys may or may not know, but Ron Paul radio has received over $1,000 of donations within it's lifetime. Therefore, in order to avoid FEC laws, we incorporated and are now a 'for profit corporation'.

There is a big difference between $1,000 and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Are you using that $1,000 to make house and car payments? Is it your only source of income?

mrchubbs
12-02-2007, 01:52 PM
Disclaimer: I've not donated to RPR or the Blimp yet.

For profit... is good. Whether it be the blimp or RPR. There is no reason people that do these things should not "get" something for their ideas and their efforts.

Sure, they get satisfaction of supporting Ron Paul, but satisfaction doesn't pay the bills. The regulations make it impossible some times to even make donations pay the bills.

Aren't we all pro-market and anti-regulation?

I say more power to them. More power to DJLOTI... More power to Trevor, Elijah and anyone else who is working to support the Ron Paul freedom message.

I usually remain on the sidelines about my opinion, but this has pushed me to make it more known.

I support RPR.
I support The Blimp.
I support Ron Paul.

And I don't even care if any of these efforts ends up being just a power or fame grab.

As long as it is supporting Ron Paul, I'm with it. If it is non-profit I'm with it. If it is for profit I'm with it.

If I see a homeless dude on the side of the road holding a Ron Paul sign backwards with "Will Work For Drugs and Alchohol" I'll put money in his cup and say "Go Ron Paul." ;-)

After all, In the end it is all about the freedom message and Ron Paul.

The only area where I'd draw the line (obviously) is if by supporting Ron Paul you are causing him to lose votes. If you are spreading his message in a positive way, I'm with you, so perhaps that homeless example was a poor one. :-)

Wow... that ended up being longer and more repetitive than I had intended. Oh well.

Santana28
12-02-2007, 01:55 PM
keep on trucking DJ...dont change for anyone

constituent
12-02-2007, 02:01 PM
If I see a homeless dude on the side of the road holding a Ron Paul sign backwards with "Will Work For Drugs and Alchohol" I'll put money in his cup and say "Go Ron Paul." ;-)

After all, In the end it is all about the freedom message and Ron Paul.

DjLoTi
12-02-2007, 02:01 PM
There is a big difference between $1,000 and hundreds and hundreds of thousands of dollars. Are you using that $1,000 to make house and car payments? Is it your only source of income?

Actually I'm active duty military, and even though it pays really, really bad, it's not as bad as $1,000 for 6 months of work. lol

Oh yeah and like it was said earlier, RPR does not just run for free, lol. Initially, I spend a lot of my money to get it going, and continued to spend money to keep up the maintenance. Servers, bandwidth, ect is not free, so even though we work for free, there are still other things that cost money. I don't really mind donating $$$ into RPR because I love it so much, and other people help. Most of our money is from people who've maxed out already or people overseas.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 03:16 PM

How odd!
interesting.

actually dj got trashed up and down this forum over it for awhile, but he kept his head in the game...

has really set the stage for many of the grassroots efforts that came later.
yep, dj took a LOT of crap while he was working on getting rpr off the ground. few believed in him, yet he prevailed. for this, i have enormous respect for him.

mkrfctr
12-02-2007, 03:47 PM
As everyone else said, huge difference between what you're doing and what you've been doing and your plans and how you got where you are, and the recognition you've gotten and the money involved.

You -
worked with a small number of others backing your project doing all the work and all the funding
small amount of donations
not receiving any of the donation money to pay your bills or anything of the sort - you're still net-negative on the operation as is everyone else
working as a volunteer
received very little recognition for your efforts

Trevor -
Set up a few really basic websites based on others ideas and tens of thousands of donors
Currently holding access to a valuable list of emails solely based on being the agreed upon official site by the community for the money bombs
Planning to take a full time salary from the hard earned money of the grassroots with no justification as to 1. the position being necessary 2. the position needing to be full time 3. the position being paid 4. the position being a paid full time salaried position 5. being qualified or the best candiate to fill that position
Expended little in funding compared (a few web hosting bills) to expected windfalls
Un-accurately received massive MSM attention as "master-mind" behind Ron Paul fundraising events
Started company to raise funds for Ron Paul now but also press the e-mail lists for money for other candidates based upon their sole discretion

So, yeah, a pretty big difference.

And as I stated elsewhere the whole profit vs. non-profit is a red-herring, both pay their employees and executives, and a profit corporation can effectively operate as a non-profit if it desires without the restrictions.

frasu
12-02-2007, 03:48 PM
WELL.. we've had 3 of our show hosts leave, and one of them provided the streaming and tech skills. Austin, the guy I started RPR with, has left. Tangoland and TheJerShow has also left. None of these people told me why, they just send a robotic type email like ' I am unable to continue my services ' blah blah blah

WTF? Tangoland left? Why? :confused:
I missed the forums for the past couple days, and now all kind of crazy topics... The blimp and RPR...

Sucks ass

Power to you DjLoTi and that are with RPR... listen to you guys all the time

Dustancostine
12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
I, for one, love you guys at RPR. You do an awesome job, and I wouldn't care in the least if you made a few hundred (or more) bucks off every live coverage event. You deserve it, and you've PROVEN that!

Plus, you didn't request donations and a salary before RPR even got off the ground. You put your own sweat into it without demanding shit in return. THAT is what makes this movement so great!

The blimp, however, is turning into an entirely different monster, and as far as I'm concerned, is in no way even comparable to what has gone on with RPR. I don't support the blimp project under it's current leadership.

Very well said, +1

constitutional
12-02-2007, 03:55 PM
DjLoti, you rock. I listen to RPR once in a while, I love it! :)

The problem with the blimp people is they want an year worth of pay (40k) before the blimp goes up.... and the blimp is only going to be up for about 2 months or so (since of course we can't keep funding this forever). Either that or they need to clarify things like this. They have a huge staff, a team of 4 lawyers, and they are not responding to anyone's concern. It's not very well executed, they just want the money ASAP. I mean, geez... listen to what people are saying about possible legal issue with google and what not.

pennycat
12-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I would like to personally commend DJLoti for his great work on Ron Paul Radio and other projects. Specifically, he helped me tremendously with our Paullapallooza celebration in Orlando, FL. a couple of months ago. He worked tirelessly to help us promote this event. Even going so far as to drive across the state of Florida to join us live at the event. What's more he did this all on his own nickel!

After talking with him over the phone and then meeting him in person, I can honestly say that this is a great, great supporter of the Ron Paul movement. Anyone that says otherwise is either misinformed or lying.

mdh
12-02-2007, 04:07 PM
DjLoti, you rock. I listen to RPR once in a while, I love it! :)

The problem with the blimp people is they want an year worth of pay (40k) before the blimp goes up.... and the blimp is only going to be up for about 2 months or so (since of course we can't keep funding this forever). Either that or they need to clarify things like this. They have a huge staff, a team of 4 lawyers, and they are not responding to anyone's concern. It's not very well executed, they just want the money ASAP. I mean, geez... listen to what people are saying about possible legal issue with google and what not.

Holy hell. I had no idea.

We're thinking about doing some other genuinely for-profit stuff, but it's not really ronpaulradio - it's a group of us, friends, who came to know eachother through being involved in ronpaulradio, and want to do some additional stuff and make money from it.

Needless to say, $40k up front straight out of the pockets of the movement is not even remotely like what we're thinking.

schmeisser
12-02-2007, 04:16 PM
The problem with the blimp people is they want an year worth of pay (40k) before the blimp goes up....

Please provide a source for that statement. That is not what I have seen from the discussion. My understanding they are looking for a salary that would free them up to do this full time. I never saw anything where THEY asked for a year "up front".

mconder
12-02-2007, 04:20 PM
People that talk down anything that gets RP's name out there are DREAM KILLERS! Don't listem to them. Better to have tried then to have not tried at all because we are all afraid of getting scammed.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 04:34 PM
A lot what Amistad said is pure speculation or simply not true.

I'll respond to him below.

alexpasch
12-02-2007, 04:37 PM

We're thinking about doing some other genuinely for-profit stuff, but it's not really ronpaulradio - it's a group of us, friends, who came to know eachother through being involved in ronpaulradio, and want to do some additional stuff and make money from it.

Needless to say, $40k up front straight out of the pockets of the movement is not even remotely like what we're thinking.

I really doubt that's what they're thinking...they will clarify things soon I hope

slantedview
12-02-2007, 04:39 PM
Amistad, I'd expect more from you than just speculative BS. I'll respond to you, once.

The problem with the blimp people is they want an year worth of pay (40k) before the blimp goes up

you don't know WTF you're talking about.

.... and the blimp is only going to be up for about 2 months or so (since of course we can't keep funding this forever).

that's not the plan.

they are not responding to anyone's concern.

educate yourself:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=45905

they just want the money ASAP.

listen to what people are saying about possible legal issue with google and what not.
what "people are saying" about google isn't a problem. "people" like you turn it into one.

constitutional
12-02-2007, 04:47 PM
Amistad, I'd expect more from you than just speculative BS. I'll respond to you, once.

that's not the plan.

educate yourself:

what "people are saying" about google isn't a problem. "people" like you turn it into one.

We'll just wait and see.

slantedview
12-02-2007, 04:53 PM
FYI: banning trolls is not censorship.

yongrel
12-02-2007, 05:00 PM
Flame War? What flame war?

dirknb@hotmail.com
12-02-2007, 06:00 PM
RPR kicks ass, thanks for doing it.

jake
12-02-2007, 06:30 PM
Ron Paul Radio is awesome. Keep it up djloti and company :)

Bruehound
12-02-2007, 06:42 PM
Everytime I go into the Ron Paul campaign office in Arlington Hts. IL, they have Ron Paul Radio on.

speciallyblend
12-02-2007, 06:49 PM
dj loti we love you,ron pauling it2008

libertythor
12-02-2007, 07:01 PM
ElVikingo here:

Thank you for frankly stating the entire situation. That was needed. Transparent accounting will clear everything up, and Ron Paul Radio (Loti Media LLC) will have its name in the clear.

Should we have become a PAC? No... that just didn't make any sense to me. Should we become a ( and this is the most popular one ) 'non-profit 501C3' and be under tons and tons of rules and regulations, including not being able to endorse a particular candidate ( guess we'd have to change our name lol )? No

One of my hosts was involved in 'helping' (he really didn't help anything) us incorporate, and said he wanted to 'own' a '%' of our company. I was like, uhhh no dude?

Now the guy's got trolls rolling through our chat, they're threatening some of my team, and they're also literally saying " Ron Paul radio has been taken over by evildoers and profiteers".

You're thinking, that's retarded! DjLoTi owns Ron Paul radio, and he's all about the movement, I've seen how much stuff he's done and how much he's pushed for Ron.

WELL.. we've had 3 of our show hosts leave, and one of them provided the streaming and tech skills. Austin, the guy I started RPR with, has left. Tangoland and TheJerShow has also left. None of these people told me why, they just send a robotic type email like ' I am unable to continue my services ' blah blah blah (edit: they're on a new, commercialized radio station now)

We had to become a corporation to avoid FEC laws. Now everyone wants to say ' oh it could be this way, oh it could be that way '. Listen up! You don't own Ron Paul radio, and I'm not about to be like, ' oh ok dude you sound like you know what you're talking about, I'm going to let you set up everything for my org and I'll trust you'll do it 100% correctly '.

It amazes me that a guy ( i won't name who ) who walked out on us because he didn't get 11% ownership of Ron Paul radio is now getting trolling types to go into the chat and say we're 'evil profiteers'. What would he like us to do? Shut down, and say ohhh well we're doing the movement a disservice so we're going to erase Ron Paul radio.

Sounds to me like he was the profiteer.

Everything we do should be about Ron Paul. If it's not about Ron Paul, helping the movement, and doing more to do more, then it ain't worth it. I'm really just pissed a little bit because my radio station is totally jacked up ( massive tech stuff to figure out lol, but... I got friends w/other internet radios who can help ... but they're in Holland lol )

Before I incorporated people told me, 'once money starts getting involved people change a bit'. I thought, ohhh well we're all volunteers and it's all about Ron Paul, I doubt anyone will really care that much about money'. Wow was I wrong.

Funny thing is, the people who really don't care about money are the ones who are sticking with me. Be it money, control, power, status, w/e. It's NOT ABOUT THOSE THINGS. It's about RON PAUL .. it always was and it always will be. And if you want a 'personal' agenda, I'll give you one! American people annoy the crap out of me! They're so stuck-up, self-centered, spoiled, immature, greedy, clueless, boring, I could go on and on. I had the best time of my life in Europe, and I'm so ready to go back, and I'm so ready to get out of America, no joke. My radio station is for those people who arn't IN America who want to know what's going on. Well... that's not the only reason, but it is a personal agenda.

Anyway I'm done ranting so I'll be looking forward to the trolls responding to this and stalking me throughout my internet presence since they're trying to " get me out of the freedom movement " because "I'm an evildoer and profiteer"

constitutional
12-02-2007, 09:25 PM

that's not the plan.

educate yourself:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAH AHAH

ok, I'll stop. Go check and blimp site and see how wrong I am.

Mark
12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm not sure what your issue is.

There's no comparison between you taking in a few bucks to cover costs,
and someone trying to start a whole company on the back of Ron Pauls's name.

Have you quit your job and started paying yourself what you made on the last job?

Have you asked for contributions to RPRadio, just to turn around when you begin to collect the money and change the method.

If you said, give me money for RPRadio, then said,

the money is mine, I'm paying myself a salary FIRST,

Starting a separate company second,

THEN,

what money is left over goes to RPRadio, is that not suspicious to you?

If you said, please donate for radio ads on RPRadio, and under the terms of the donation you said,

"No REFUNDS. NON REFUNDABLE".

Whatever comes in is DjLoti's money, and if I EVER eventually actually make a radio ad,

whatever money is left over after I pay myself, and start my personal company, will go to ads.

You don't think people would have a problem with you?

ESPECIALLY after you had been promoting the "ad donation campaign" as STRICKLY being "all money goes towards the Radio ads".

You don't think LYING the whole time about what you are planing is wrong?

They described one scenario, and when it was time to start collecting donations,

They COMPLETELY CHANGED the parameters.

Now, ALL of the money collected is THEIRS to do as they see fit.

There is NO guarantee that ANY of the money given to them will EVER go to a Blimp.

You Loti, ALREADY started a Radio Station, it has been up and running.

There are "visible" results to what you are doing other than a photoshop pic.

If you came on here and said, "I want to start a radio station, give me money",

and when people did, you turned around and said,

"The money is mine", it's non refundable, and if I ever actually start a radio station,
then some of the money you all gave me might go to the station."

You don't think people would have a problem with that? Seriously?

If not, please send me money for the "Ron Paul Bridge" I'm selling.

rfbz
12-02-2007, 10:06 PM
Someone earlier made a good point about transparency. Another poster criticized the complainers for being anti-profits. It is true that there is nothing wrong with profits or a for-profit corporation. But in using the comparison of these projects to businesses, I think the people who donate money should expect a similar amount of transparency as investors get when they invest in a company. Especially when it starts getting beyond several thousand dollars. That is not too much to ask, and should be expected. I don't think people are necessarily against someone putting their time and effort being compensated a little, but the exact costs and profits should be clearly stated so a donor can make an informed decision.

libertythor
12-02-2007, 10:25 PM
Someone earlier made a good point about transparency. Another poster criticized the complainers for being anti-profits. It is true that there is nothing wrong with profits or a for-profit corporation. But in using the comparison of these projects to businesses, I think the people who donate money should expect a similar amount of transparency as investors get when they invest in a company. Especially when it starts getting beyond several thousand dollars. That is not too much to ask, and should be expected. I don't think people are necessarily against someone putting their time and effort being compensated a little, but the exact costs and profits should be clearly stated so a donor can make an informed decision.

Even though financial reporting isn't required for LLCs, the nature of this particular company demands a transparent accounting system with financial statements reported to all who donate or support the company. After all, trust is an important factor when giving a donation.

I am confident that fiscal sunshine will prevail, or at least I hope so. BTW I am versed in auditing and financial reporting.

But personally, I suspect that most of this conundrum is a result of slanderous allegations on the part of a few disgruntled former RPR hosts. Now we all know how to prove them wrong.

DjLoTi
12-02-2007, 10:40 PM
Ok, maybe the comparison of the radio station to the blimp was a bad call, but I saw a post about the blimp and that's what set me off, I've got to be honest I haven't watched the blimp thing closely.

Hopefully most people are aware that I never ask for money, because it bothers me! I even once got pressured into asking for money, and wouldn't do it. I don't care about money. I care about Ron Paul. Thanks for everyone's input, I didn' t meant to stir anything up with the blimp, This weekend was super stressful and we've been attacked on all sides, code attacks in our chat, nasty rumors, all kinds of stuff.

Anyway, thanks everyone for the kind words, and believe me I'm not going to stop fighting! If everyone leaves and the internet radio turns into me talking about how much I love Ron Paul then so be it!

DjLoTi
07-19-2010, 09:09 PM
Man what was so amazing to me, was considering that we asked presidential candidates YOUR questions, had LIVE ACCESS to debates and broadcasted the revolution 24/7, RP supporters raised 600k for a blimp but wasn't interested in having a radio station IN IOWA for 4 months, covering the election, for 40k. Just crazy

Lord Xar
07-21-2010, 01:54 AM
Man what was so amazing to me, was considering that we asked presidential candidates YOUR questions, had LIVE ACCESS to debates and broadcasted the revolution 24/7, RP supporters raised 600k for a blimp but wasn't interested in having a radio station IN IOWA for 4 months, covering the election, for 40k. Just crazy

I remember those times. I found myself staying up all night, drinking my whiskey, listening to your show while I was working on strategies for the RP grassroots stuff. It was a memorable time in my life. You did a good job, and most certainly did something worth doing.