PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul On Homosexuality - Interview

paulaholic
12-02-2007, 12:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zIeW0DY64bE

Hadn't heard this before. Listen for Ron's reaction when the host says "some people are children of the Devil". Hilarious!

10thAmendmentMan
12-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Hadn't heard this before. Listen for Ron's reaction when the host says "some people are children of the Devil". Hilarious!

"Ugghh..." followed by a bad joke that the interviewer asked which RP gave zero response to. Gotta love him.

DrRich
12-02-2007, 12:39 PM
ugh... cant stand these guys.

warmth of the sun
12-02-2007, 12:46 PM
awesome

tsetsefly
12-02-2007, 12:49 PM
the interviewer is grade a neocon, haha, what a moron, and a bigot!

dircha
12-02-2007, 12:56 PM
Congressman Paul's answers communicate a bold message of respect and understanding of the complex issue of male sexual identity to the American people and to the GLBT community. As an American I am proud to live in a day and age where the issue of male sexual identity can be brought to the forefront of American presidential politics with respect and dignity.

Congressman Paul's support of Former Mayor Rudy Giuliani's military service is commendable. I look forward to a frank and open discourse with the American people that will begin to heal the culture of hatred and bigotry toward the GLBT community and unite us again as Americans.

http://mypetjawa.mu.nu/archives/colonel_klink.jpg

Legs up gals! Let's bring this one in for the home team!

http://www.allreaders.com/pictures/rudy_giuliani_drag.jpg

AlexMerced
12-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Ron Paul is just so good at answering the most sticky of questions... man one day I hope to be about 8% that awesome

Austin
12-02-2007, 12:59 PM
I really hope Paul isn't saying people are born gay...

Ah well, it's not really a hugely important issue to me, so I'll let it slide.

evadmurd
12-02-2007, 01:03 PM
How old was this interview? I hope it was quite old, because if the campaign feels this crap is more important than appearing with Glenn Beck or Chris Matthews we are in deep trouble.

Is this the kind of "scheduling conflicts" they are talking about?

dircha
12-02-2007, 01:04 PM

I think he certainly is, or at the very least he is suggesting that some are born with a strong biological disposition to it.

There being a biological basis for aberrant sexuality is not incompatible with Christianity, and not even incompatible with the traditional belief that aberrant sexuality is deeply or specially immoral. I believe the interviewer in fact provided just such an explanation - an explanation Congressman Paul is obviously uncomfortable with.

It is commendable in my opinion. A congressman not afraid to point out that the complex issues we face require nuance and compassion, not hateful rhetoric.

constitutional

Why not?... What would be wrong in saying people are born gay?

Thanks...

iddo
The full interview is at http://theamericanview.com/index.php?id=898
I transcribed one part about abortion at http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ron_Paul#On_abortion

dircha
12-02-2007, 01:06 PM
The full interview is at http://theamericanview.com/index.php?id=898
I transcribed one part about abortion at http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ron_Paul#On_abortion

Thank you. I've been looking for something like this.

AlexMerced
12-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Yeah, I mean a lot of our personality has already been proven to be in our DNA, so I'm sure at least the predispoition to having a preference to feminine or masculine charachteristics is loosely coded in a DNA.

I don't think theres a gay gene, but science has show that your tastes and sort of personality is a lot more hardcoded than one might think.

I don't thinkof it as people like men or women, I think of it as people are attracted feminity or masculinity or people like having dominate role (tradition masculinity) or subordinate role (traditional feminity) I believe these kind of predispositions are partly hardcoded

This would explain why a for all intent and purposes straight man would would get involved with a transgendered person, cause they are attracted feminity or people serve that subordinate role that compliment the dominance of a typical male.

Read this study (http://www.personalityresearch.org/bg.html#results)

Austin
12-02-2007, 01:08 PM
I guess I just don't buy into something that says people are born gay. I think it's a choice, and it's a choice that I have absolutely no problem with.

Maybe I should research the topic more to enlighten myself a bit more on the issue, but my logical thinking currently fails to recognize that people are born with a homosexual gene.

Anyway, let's not get into an argument about this. It's just one man's opinion, and it doesn't change my view of the good doctor one bit.

EDIT: But, for the sake of argument, I would state that a person's sexuality relies on their environment during their upbringing..

AlexMerced
12-02-2007, 01:12 PM
I guess I just don't buy into something that says people are born gay. I think it's a choice, and it's a choice that I have absolutely no problem with.

Maybe I should research the topic more to enlighten myself a bit more on the issue, but my logical thinking currently fails to recognize that people are born with a homosexual gene.

Anyway, let's not get into an argument about this. It's just one man's opinion, and it doesn't change my view of the good doctor one bit.

EDIT: But, for the sake of argument, I would state that a person's sexuality relies on their environment during their upbringing..

Again, the argument that is due to your enviroment is addressed by this study (http://www.personalityresearch.org/bg.html#results)

Whether people are born gay or not, doesn't mean you have approve of it, but the whole damnation this sounds harsh

Salamando
12-02-2007, 01:14 PM
Why did he do this interview? Lofton is a disgusting human being.

Austin
12-02-2007, 01:15 PM
Again, the argument that is due to your enviroment is addressed by this study (http://www.personalityresearch.org/bg.html#results)

Whether people are born gay or not, doesn't mean you have approve of it, but the whole damnation this sounds harsh

I'll look into that study, but I don't find "studies" to be all that reliable. It seems a new study comes out within a few weeks that says the exact opposite. As far as the damnation goes, I never mentioned anything of the sort.

This will be my last post regarding the matter, I really don't think such a controversial issue should be our focus at the moment. Perhaps if you'd like to continue the conversation via private messaging, but otherwise I'm done. :)

tremendoustie
12-02-2007, 01:19 PM
Sexual orientation doesn't matter for the military, only sexual behavior does. Disruptive sexual behavior should be prohibited, of any kind. It's just like any job, only behavior that impacts job performance is pertinent.

It's amazing how the interviewer knows exactly what hierarchy of sins are, and that homosexuality (he makes no distinction between the inclination and the behavior) is in some higher, "badder" category that should be prohibited by the military, while all the sins that he's tempted by really aren't so bad and should be allowed. And, you can just feel the love emanating from his voice, how much he really cares about homosexual people, and how he's really following in Christ's footsteps to love his neighbor.

/sarcasm

Austin
12-02-2007, 01:20 PM
Sexual orientation doesn't matter for the military, only sexual behavior does. Disruptive sexual behavior should be prohibited, of any kind. It's just like any job, only behavior that impacts job performance is pertinent.

It's amazing how the interviewer knows exactly what hierarchy of sins are, and that homosexuality (he makes no distinction between the inclination and the behavior) is in some higher, "badder" category that should be prohibited by the military, while all the sins that he's tempted by really aren't so bad and should be allowed. And, you can just feel the love emanating from his voice, how much he really cares about homosexual people, and how he's really following in Christ's footsteps to love his neighbor.

/sarcasm

I agree 100%.

constitutional
12-02-2007, 01:23 PM

"but my logical thinking currently fails"

logical? According to my logical reasoning, all men are created equal.

Corydoras
12-02-2007, 01:24 PM
How old was this interview? I hope it was quite old, because if the campaign feels this crap is more important than appearing with Glenn Beck or Chris Matthews we are in deep trouble.

No, this is from August when hardly anyone wanted to give RP the time of day.

dircha
12-02-2007, 01:27 PM

I haven't read that one, but in my reading studies such as the Bailey/Pillard 1991 study of the occurrence of homosexuality among brothers that found that if one identical twin brother is homosexual, while the the probability of the other twin being homosexual is much higher than in the general population (52% vs < ~7%), it is by no means a guarantee of the homosexuality of the other twin.

This 52%, compared to the 22% for non-identical twins, the 11% of adopted brothers, and the something like 7% in the general population, indicates to me that while there may be a strong genetic predisposition to homosexuality, genetics is not the sole factor.

Austin
12-02-2007, 01:29 PM
"but my logical thinking currently fails"

logical? According to my logical reasoning, all men are created equal.

Check your PM box.

AlexMerced
12-02-2007, 01:30 PM
I haven't read that one, but in my reading studies such as the Bailey/Pillard 1991 study of the occurrence of homosexuality among brothers that found that if one identical twin brother is homosexual, while the the probability of the other twin being homosexual is much higher than in the general population (52% vs < ~7%), it is by no means a guarantee of the homosexuality of the other twin.

This 52%, compared to the 22% for non-identical twins, the 11% of adopted brothers, and the something like 7% in the general population, indicates to me that while there may be a strong genetic predisposition to homosexuality, genetics is not the sole factor.

Yeah, i've met a couple gay twins, hell Teagan and Sarah anybody... wel I don't know how Ron Paul Indie hipster following but for the uninformed:

Teagan and Sarah are twin lesbian sister who play Indie Pop, they're really good actually

Plus I refuse the idea that God Would send Freddie Mercury to hell, I absolutley refuse it

FreedomLover
12-02-2007, 01:33 PM
I like Ron Paul for his level-headedness. This video is an example of it; that he's not an extremist. He's willing to tell you if he's not sure about something, then it's not his job to tell you what is absolutely right or wrong, that there are gray areas.

Given that, I couldn't care less about the gay issue. We got bigger fish to fry.

AlexMerced
12-02-2007, 01:34 PM
I like Ron Paul for his level-headedness. This video is an example of it; that he's not an extremist. He's willing to tell you if he's not sure about something, then it's not his job to tell you what is absolutely right or wrong, that there are gray areas.

Given that, I couldn't care less about the gay issue. We got bigger fish to fry.

agreed, but I really love Queen

dircha
12-02-2007, 05:25 PM
For all this interviewer's conservative religious theocratic bluster, after listening to the full interview and after listening to his interview with Alan Keyes as well, Keyes ends up kind of pissing him off, and he ends up responding to Congressman Paul very favorably. And this guy is one of the most unabashedly theocratic commentators I have ever heard.

Janet0116
12-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I've always been confused about the whole 'choice' of being gay. I think of choices as something I do deliberately. For instance, I chose to drink a Coke instead of Pepsi. I don't recall ever actually choosing to like boys. (uh, I'm a girl, but you get my point) LOL

Paulitician
12-02-2007, 05:42 PM
I've always been confused about the whole 'choice' of being gay. I think of choices as something I do deliberately. For instance, I chose to drink a Coke instead of Pepsi. I don't recall ever actually choosing to like boys. (uh, I'm a girl, but you get my point) LOL
That's because you chose to accept you chose to like boys, deep down. You just didn't realize that you chose it. Everyone chooses their sexual orientation! If you're a child of god, that means you chose to be hetero. If you're a child of the devil, that means you chose to be a **** or **** sympathizer. There's no room for those folks up in heaven! Repent! Repent!

BTW, someone said this guy is a neo-con--he isn't. He's just a Christian fundamentalist constitutionalist.

dircha
12-02-2007, 05:44 PM
If anyone wants to hear two nutty theocrats go at each others' throats about silly semantics, listen to this same guy interview Alan Keyes:

http://theamericanview.com/dictator/media/942/keyes.mp3

It gets good 5-10 minutes in. THIS is a perfect example of why we need to make sure these people never gain control of our country.

AlexMerced
12-02-2007, 05:45 PM
That's because you chose to accept you chose to like boys, deep down. You just didn't realize that you chose it. Everyone chooses their sexual orientation! If you're a child of god, that means you chose to be hetero. If you're a child of the devil, that means you chose to be a **** or **** sympathizer. There's no room for those folks up in heaven! Repent! Repent!

BTW, someone said this guy is a neo-con--he isn't. He's just a Christian fundamentalist constitutionalist.

No room? so there limited real estate in heaven (just kidding, I had to say it, :p)

KingTheoden
12-02-2007, 05:55 PM
I can't speak for him, but I think what Ron Paul is suggesting is that environmental factors can cause a predisposition for homosexuality. Soy milk is a MAJOR reason why guys grow up to be less masculine (in general, I am sure there is someone nursed on soymilk who is a bodybuilder). Plastics pollution is also cited as affecting sexual faculties.

For me, I can 'tolerate' but not 'accept' on the homosexual issue.

Frankly, it's not a federal issue so it detracts from the overall mission of winning back our liberty.

dircha
12-02-2007, 06:00 PM
Frankly, it's not a federal issue so it detracts from the overall mission of winning back our liberty.

Well, I think the reason he goes out and does these interviews is that it does matter as a federal issue to many Americans. Huckabee, for example, is a supporter of Constitutional amendments outlawing abortion and same sex marriage.

These are the sorts of issues that Christian conservative leaders rally people around.

grfgerger
12-02-2007, 06:01 PM

Hope your joking with this one. I'm glad you've taken it upon yourself to be the arbiter of morality. Read what you just posted out loud and maybe you'll realize how ridiculous it sounds. Then again, I've never met someone who has made this type of argument who would be willing to defend it to a logical conclusion, because it's a completely emotional argument.

scoot87
12-02-2007, 06:02 PM
The guy interviewing RP is the one who were just like the Pharisees judging other people's sins instead of looking at themselves. What a shame to take a great message and twist it into a judgemental blaming of others. This only perpetuates more hate.

dircha
12-02-2007, 06:03 PM
And if you listen to the Alan Keyes interview, the interviewer states that when a woman has an abortion, God requires that civil government execute the abortionist and the woman unconditionally.

There are Christian conservative leaders reaching millions of Americans on the radio every day stating that abortion at any stage is murder and that God requires the death penalty for murder.

Birdlady
12-02-2007, 06:05 PM
I can't speak for him, but I think what Ron Paul is suggesting is that environmental factors can cause a predisposition for homosexuality. Soy milk is a MAJOR reason why guys grow up to be less masculine (in general, I am sure there is someone nursed on soymilk who is a bodybuilder). Plastics pollution is also cited as affecting sexual faculties.

For me, I can 'tolerate' but not 'accept' on the homosexual issue.

yes that is absolutely true about soy. It mimics estrogen in women's and men's bodies. Now I am not sure if this causes people to be homosexual though. Lots of people eat and drink soy (if you do, check out this article (http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/index.htm))

About 3/4's of the people that I knew from school, work or the internet who were homosexual or bisexual were in some way sexually traumatized as a child or teenager. One girl I knew was raped. Another man I knew had incest in his family. So in these circumstances I think homosexuality may be a defense mechanism of some kind, but this is just my opinion.

scoot87
12-02-2007, 06:07 PM
And if you listen to the Alan Keyes interview, the interviewer states that when a woman has an abortion, God requires that civil government execute the abortionist and the woman unconditionally.

There are Christian conservative leaders reaching millions of Americans on the radio every day stating that abortion at any stage is murder and that God requires the death penalty for murder.

Its just a bunch of self-righteous talk about emboldening their own ego by using God as on their side instead of being on God's side.

Paulitician
12-02-2007, 06:11 PM
Hope your joking with this one. I'm glad you've taken it upon yourself to be the arbiter of morality. Read what you just posted out loud and maybe you'll realize how ridiculous it sounds. Then again, I've never met someone who has made this type of argument who would be willing to defend it to a logical conclusion, because it's a completely emotional argument.
Yeah I'm joking. I was mocking the interviewer.

dircha
12-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Its just a bunch of self-righteous talk about emboldening their own ego by using God as on their side instead of being on God's side.

I hope so.

About 80% through the Alan Keyes interview the interviewer just rips into Keyes because Keyes refuses to agree that God requires that civil government apprehend, prosecute, and execute any homosexual.

Vaughn
12-02-2007, 06:41 PM
I hope so.

About 80% through the Alan Keyes interview the interviewer just rips into Keyes because Keyes refuses to agree that God requires that civil government apprehend, prosecute, and execute any homosexual.

Yea that guy is just...wow. I think this quote from Jesus pretty much sums up what occurred during the interview between him and our man Paul,

“The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks.”

Clearly Paul is the "good man" :)

Sandy
12-02-2007, 07:01 PM
yes that is absolutely true about soy. It mimics estrogen in women's and men's bodies. Now I am not sure if this causes people to be homosexual though. Lots of people eat and drink soy (if you do, check out this article (http://www.mercola.com/article/soy/index.htm))

About 3/4's of the people that I knew from school, work or the internet who were homosexual or bisexual were in some way sexually traumatized as a child or teenager. One girl I knew was raped. Another man I knew had incest in his family. So in these circumstances I think homosexuality may be a defense mechanism of some kind, but this is just my opinion.

About the same for me. My Aunt died of AIDS about 14 years ago, her support group of about 50 people were all homosexual men, other than her of course. She told me a lot of them were sexually abused as children. 2 of my cousins are homosexuals, both raped by their father. :(