PDA

View Full Version : IDIOT! Wonder how this'll be twisted?

tod evans
08-26-2014, 08:42 AM
What kind of stupid does it take to look away from a 9y/o holding a weapon?

Especially a 9y/o you're giving instruction to.........

Girl, 9, accidentally shoots instructor at Arizona gun range

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/08/26/girl-accidentally-shoots-instructor-at-arizona-gun-range/?intcmp=latestnews

DOLAN SPRINGS, Ariz. – Authorities say a 9-year-old girl has accidentally shot her shooting instructor in the head in northwestern Arizona.

Mohave County Sheriff's officials say the 39-year-old shooting instructor was shot at an outdoor range in Dolan Springs about 10 a.m. Monday.

Details weren't immediately released.

Sheriff's officials say the man was airlifted to a medical center in Las Vegas, Nevada and his condition isn't immediately known.

The name of the man and the 9-year-old girl haven't been released.

Authorities say the girl was at the shooting range with her parents.

CaptUSA
08-26-2014, 08:46 AM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-DkAAK_Din2Y/UNy41Nj-BJI/AAAAAAAAFE0/RENapnnI8pU/s1600/funny%20gun%20meme%20life%20lessons%20child%20with %20gun%20recoil%20gun%20education%20is%20key.jpg

enhanced_deficit
08-26-2014, 09:10 AM
IDIOT! Wonder how this'll be twisted?

People under 21 should not be allowed to handle guns or beer.

But that twist won't be coming because it would affect recruitment pool for neocons wars.

luctor-et-emergo
08-26-2014, 09:21 AM

But that twist won't be coming because it would affect recruitment pool for neocons wars.

I'd say it's not as age related as puberty. Some people are fine with these things at 16, some can never handle them. That goes for alcohol and guns. Here the drinking age for alcohol under 15%, (beer and wine basically) used to be 16, same as cigarettes. They upped that to 18 last year. The driving age used to be 18 here but it's now 17. These things don't make sense and age a is fairly bad standard. It may be fair but it's a bad standard.

Dr.3D
08-26-2014, 10:02 AM
That instructor should have started with a BB gun and worked his way up after teaching all of the safety rules and getting them understood. I was shooting when I was nine, but I knew the safety rules long before that age.

Ronin Truth
08-26-2014, 10:06 AM
Arrest the parents.

tod evans
08-26-2014, 10:55 AM
That instructor should have started with a BB gun and worked his way up after teaching all of the safety rules and getting them understood. I was shooting when I was nine, but I knew the safety rules long before that age.

My son has had his own BB gun since he was 5, he's been putting rabbit on the table by himself since he was 7, (pellet gun)....

It's pretty likely he'll get a .410 this year.......He'll be 10.

LibertyEagle
08-26-2014, 11:02 AM
The most important lesson I was taught was to never point a gun at something you do not plan to kill.

JustinTime
08-26-2014, 04:14 PM
I will tell you how it will be twisted, that everyone who owns a gun is as big a idiot as this guy and we all need government supervision.

presence
08-26-2014, 04:23 PM
The most important lesson I was taught was to never point a gun at something you do not plan to kill.

http://www.mommygaga.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/SWAT-police-charge-an-unarmed-civilian-in-Ferguson-MO.jpg

Unless you're a cop... then its best to play roulette with the life of mundane to assert your authority.

Deborah K
08-26-2014, 04:30 PM
My 7 year old grandson and 4 year old granddaughter shoot BB guns and bows and arrows on a regular basis, and both are quite good at it. They're learning how to use sling shots as well. And they had to memorize the safety rules before they ever picked up a weapon. It won't be long and we'll be teaching them how to fire everything in our arsenal.

thoughtomator
08-26-2014, 06:04 PM
Obviously not a very good instructor.

Natural Citizen
08-26-2014, 06:06 PM
It won't be long and we'll be teaching them how to fire everything in our arsenal.

That's how I learned too.

DamianTV
08-26-2014, 06:19 PM
This is what will happen.

It will be reported that Guns are dangerous and should be BANNED. Only Govt Employees should be considered for Permission to use a Gun of ANY KIND. They'll claim that a person needs to be QUALIFIED to be able to use a gun to be granted PERMISSION to hold a gun. They'll probably want more Technology to solve the problem as well. Such as the kind that would prevent a Gun from being fired at certain types of individuals, like Instructors or Cops, but shooting each other will remain just fine.

This single incident wont be "the big push", but it will add fuel to the fire of Citizen Gun Bans. It will come in many forms. MSM will try to further increase paranoia of citizens with Guns. Legislators will push for more anti gun laws and more punishments for improper gun usage. More cops will shoot people who they think might be holding guns. Businesses will refuse to hire people who own guns because they are irresponsible. Banks wont issue credit to gun owners because they might be terrorists. Insurance wont cover people who own guns. Neighbors will call the cops on anyone they think has a gun. Technology will be used to "make guns safer" and drive up prices, the various technological methods would be a thread in and of itself. Religions will deem gun ownership as Immoral. And Boobus will agree with every argument made to disarm the people.

Every excuse and every action against gun owners will be taken until the people are completely deprived of their Right to Bear Arms.

brushfire
08-26-2014, 06:35 PM
http://www.mommygaga.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/SWAT-police-charge-an-unarmed-civilian-in-Ferguson-MO.jpg

Unless you're a cop... then its best to play roulette with the life of mundane to assert your authority.

Uncensored image is better

http://oathkeepers.org/oath/wp-content/uploads/Ferguson-police-pointing-weapons-at-man-with-hands-up.jpg

Its a shame. Child was probably conditioned by toy guns. It will be interesting to see the details of the story unfold, and to watch the media selectively report on the incident.

XNavyNuke
08-26-2014, 07:01 PM
Other reports indicate the weapon was a fully automatic Uzi and the fatal shot was due to uncontrolled muzzle rise.

When starting any neophyte on automatic weapons, I'd suggest magazines only be loaded with 3-5 rounds until they become familiar with its characteristics.

XNN

AuH20
08-26-2014, 07:03 PM
Other reports indicate the weapon was a fully automatic Uzi and the fatal shot was due to uncontrolled muzzle rise.

When starting any neophyte on automatic weapons, I'd suggest magazines only be loaded with 3-5 rounds until they become familiar with its characteristics.

XNN

Doesn't anyone start young uns on .22 anymore?

presence
08-26-2014, 07:23 PM

(AP) — A 9-year-old girl accidentally killed an Arizona shooting instructor as he was showing her how to use an automatic Uzi

thoughtomator
08-26-2014, 07:59 PM
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/arizona-shooting-range-instructor-killed-girl-uzi-n189611

confirms the Uzi story

I was right. What kind of idiot puts an Uzi in the hands of a 9-year-old girl?

kcchiefs6465
08-26-2014, 09:00 PM
Not graphic but it's pretty clear what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VVe6e5JXlk

kcchiefs6465
08-26-2014, 09:04 PM
Stupid.

kcchiefs6465
08-26-2014, 09:19 PM

XNN
He gave her one round of semi auto and then switched right to full auto.

With his head across the line of her body.

Stupid. The girl will probably be haunted for life by that.

Mani
08-26-2014, 09:44 PM

I guess they skip that lesson at the academy...

http://www.wnd.com/files/2013/10/checkpointguns3.jpg

Brian4Liberty
08-26-2014, 09:54 PM
Not graphic but it's pretty clear what happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VVe6e5JXlk

Wow.

Training is dangerous. Fully auto and full clip for a child? Stupid. He was too excited there before his final mistake.

We were out shooting one time and a guy wanted to show his 15 year old daughter how to shoot. They were trying to make sure she aimed downrange, but sure enough, after one shot she turned to ask a question and squeezed off a second round. Luckily she only turned a little bit before the second shot. Next lesson was keep your damn finger off the trigger unless you are actually firing!

Brian4Liberty
08-26-2014, 10:05 PM

XNN

Agree.

kcchiefs6465
08-26-2014, 10:07 PM
Wow.

Training is dangerous. Fully auto and full clip for a child? Stupid. He was too excited there before his final mistake.

We were out shooting one time and a guy wanted to show his 15 year old daughter how to shoot. They were trying to make sure she aimed downrange, but sure enough, after one shot she turned to ask a question and squeezed off a second round. Luckily she only turned a little bit before the second shot. Next lesson was keep your damn finger off the trigger unless you are actually firing!
I'd have been whooped for turning around with a firearm not cleared or in a safe direction. I've had a few people sweep me and I turn red. I don't care who it is.

That was the gentleman supervising her's fault. A beta mag. He's across her body. It was a tragedy just waiting to happen.

A preventable tragedy all the way around.

And nine years old on an automatic is a little young unless the firearm is mounted. Especially a machine pistol. Grown men unfamiliar with firearms could have done the same thing.

Dr.3D
08-26-2014, 10:07 PM
I guess they skip that lesson at the academy...

http://www.wnd.com/files/2013/10/checkpointguns3.jpg
Maybe they plan to kill anything and everything.

thoughtomator
08-26-2014, 10:33 PM
I've had a few people sweep me and I turn red. I don't care who it is.

I was swept once by a paramilitary cop in full combat gear wielding an automatic rifle... while I was walking across the grounds of the Capitol.

kcchiefs6465
08-26-2014, 10:35 PM
I was swept once by a paramilitary cop in full combat gear wielding an automatic rifle... while I was walking across the grounds of the Capitol.
I've had a few guns pulled and pointed at me from a certain protected caste.

Freedom.

fr33
08-26-2014, 11:16 PM
WTF! Unless the 9 year old has mastered multiple other firearms, she has no business being given a fully auto uzi. Another Darwin Award winner. That instructor fucked up.

fr33
08-26-2014, 11:26 PM
I really want to know if she was taught how to shoot a shotgun or a high power rifle. If not, this is just one major fuck up. Goddamn this pisses me off.

fr33
08-26-2014, 11:37 PM
They could have trained her with weapons she might actually use. But no, have at an uzi :rolleyes: that virtually nobody uses in real life. And film it, you stupid parents!!!!! What are they, the friggin Chicago mafia from decades ago? A fully auto AK or AR likely wouldn't have ended this way.

kcchiefs6465
08-26-2014, 11:44 PM
I really want to know if she was taught how to shoot a shotgun or a high power rifle. If not, this is just one major fuck up. Goddamn this pisses me off.
"Give me one shot..... Alright!...... Alright, full auto."

Where's he's standing he shouldn't be. Regardless of if she was trained on other weapons. The way he instructs her on how to plant her feet, it's clear she wasn't. She fired, let go of the gun, it kicked up, caught him in the head.

Ridiculous. I really hope the guy survives with his functions but man, he should not have been a trainer. All it takes is a second.

TheTexan
08-27-2014, 01:25 AM

Or at the very least, people under 21 should be required to get a license after taking a mandatory firearm safety course at a government-approved training facility, before being allowed to use firearms.* ** ***

(*With an obvious exception for police officers under 21, as they have already gone through this training)
(**With a reasonable $300-ish fee to cover the costs of the class)
(***And strong fines against gun-ranges that are found to be in violation)

Deborah K
08-27-2014, 11:47 AM
Wow.

And that is why you have them memorize the safety rules before they pick a weapon up, then you have them practice handling it UNLOADED for a period of time until you are certain they have the rules down pat, and they automatically (without even thinking about it) keep their finger off the trigger, and gun pointed away.

orenbus
08-27-2014, 06:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iWoxuYU1yE

green73
08-27-2014, 06:33 PM
I've had a few guns pulled and pointed at me from a certain protected caste.

Freedom.

Just once for me. Lucky I guess.

pessimist
08-27-2014, 06:40 PM
WTF! Unless the 9 year old has mastered multiple other firearms, she has no business being given a fully auto uzi. Another Darwin Award winner. That instructor fucked up.

Evolution at play. The poor girl will probably be haunted and scarred for life. She may end up coming for your guns when she grows up.

kcchiefs6465
08-27-2014, 06:42 PM
Just once for me. Lucky I guess.
For minor traffic stops they've pulled their gun on me.

Turn signal violation, when I use a turn signal to pull into my driveway, every time, and they get all hopped up on adrenaline.

Probably coming down from something. I do feel that if I'd reached for my wallet without informing them of my intention and doing it slowly or reaching for my cell phone could have or would have resulted in me having been shot. They were that itchy. Imagine the stereotypical, impatient, crack head robbing you for change. It sort of felt like that, I'd imagine.

pessimist
08-27-2014, 06:44 PM
I wonder if people ever think to themselves: "maybe this isn't such a good idea" before doing something really stupid?

I know we're told that confidence is a great thing, but second guessing yourself can sometimes be a good trait to have.

kcchiefs6465
08-27-2014, 06:47 PM
I wonder if people ever think to themselves: "maybe this isn't such a good idea" before doing something really stupid?

I know we're told that confidence is a great thing, but second guessing yourself can sometimes be a good trait to have.
There was a lot of fail that day. An unbelievable amount, almost.

brushfire
08-27-2014, 06:49 PM
Tragedies happen every day. Perhaps scarbie would like to impose a licensing scheme for new parents? You know, a screening that determines who is responsible enough to reproduce. Why stop at attacking gun owner's rights? There's lots of negligence out there, why not kill it at the root? Reproductive screening.

The truth is, yes this was a demonstration of very bad judgement. Present this as a lesson and educate - unless your intention is to politically exploit the situation, then go ahead and put on your song and dance. Really, this tragedy is not a second amendment issue, its a negligence issue.

kcchiefs6465
08-27-2014, 06:59 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_iWoxuYU1yE
Mika's trying not to smile at the end. A truly evil person.

As to Scarsborough, his pleas to emotion mean little. His ideals of government have killed civilians to the tune of well over a hundred million. His knowledge of the Constitution is lacking. His citation of Scalia's opinion is laughable. It's gotten pretty tiresome debunking their comments every week. Facts matter little to them.

"Do something!"

Of all the ways people die doing stupid things, this does not make the top ten. You could bubble wrap the world and someone would choke on it. And then you'd have progressives yelling for the collective to come together and oppress he or she.

amy31416
08-27-2014, 09:45 PM
I have a swanky slingshot to start the kid off on target practice, after that, I'm thinking bow and arrow. After that, perhaps a crossbow. If she proves to be responsible with those, then maybe a .22 rifle, with a hell of a lot of safety drills.

People who don't take these things seriously are the ones who shoulder a lot of the blame for asinine gun laws in this country.

RM918
08-27-2014, 10:09 PM
Ridiculous. I really hope the guy survives with his functions but man, he should not have been a trainer. All it takes is a second.

Unfortunately he didn't survive.

pcosmar
08-27-2014, 10:20 PM
Unfortunately he didn't survive.

I would say deservedly.

How does one get to be a certified firearm instructor if they are stupid enough to hand a loaded fully automatic weapon (Uzi) to a nine year old girl?

Who certified this idiot?

edit to add,,,

and anyone that was ever trained by this guy really needs to question their training?

RM918
08-27-2014, 10:25 PM
I would say deservedly.

How does one get to be a certified firearm instructor if they are stupid enough to hand a loaded fully automatic weapon (Uzi) to a nine year old girl?

Who certified this idiot?

edit to add,,,

and anyone that was ever trained by this guy really needs to question their training?

I know this guy did a stupid thing that he's completely responsible for and he paid for it, but I still think he paid too much.