PDA

View Full Version : Cop takes "Don't punch him no more" literally

erowe1
08-25-2014, 02:02 PM
http://reason.com/blog/2014/08/25/cop-hits-man-in-the-head-20-times-as-onl

Technically, the cop did exactly what the onlookers told him to do.

thoughtomator
08-25-2014, 02:21 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=998s2qSvB40

I posted this on another thread... again, looks like a thief/crazy person BUT that's no excuse for the all-out felony assault perpetrated on him by officers. Notice one of them is holding down his arm on the floor so he can't protect his head from being punched (squarely and solidly) by the other cop. Happened 10 miles from me - I shop at that Walmart.

SeanTX
08-25-2014, 02:38 PM
Notice one of them is holding down his arm on the floor so he can't protect his head from being punched (squarely and solidly) by the other cop.

It's a good thing they did that, because if he had instinctively raised his hand to try to protect himself from the peace officer's subduing of him that could be considered "resisting arrest" , and probably also "assault on a public servant " (the peace officer's fist could have been scraped or bruised if it had hit his arm).

ZENemy
08-25-2014, 02:39 PM
OOOOOOh burn...so good.

The man appeared to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs

Unfortunately the cops don't have that excuse

ZENemy
08-25-2014, 02:41 PM
It's a white guy. Nobody gives a fuck.

SeanTX
08-25-2014, 02:45 PM

Yeah, well, plenty of completely innocent blacks have been murdered/beaten/tased/kidnapped by the police ,and nobody gave a fuck about them either.

Or they may have not been "innocent" , but still didn't deserve to be treated that way.

Can we PLEASE drop this conservative / Reich wing racial bullshit? All that does is divide us, and serves the interests of the powers that be. And that's exactly what they want. It's what gets morons to send hundreds of thousand of dollars to a cop who *may* have committed murder or manslaughter (we don't know that yet).

I know everybody likes to whine about the race baiting charlatans like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson coming out for things like what happened in Ferguson, but even in the black community many people boo those guys and can see them for what they are. They probably would have been long ago forgotten if it weren't for conservative types constantly giving them attention and complaining about them (sort of like how PETA would get no attention if nobody whined about them, which is just giving them free advertising, and is exactly what they want).

It's time to wake up and realize that to the Enforcement class we aren't black , or white, or Latino -- those of us who don't posses a badge and magic costume are all just n*ggers" to them. Maybe different levels of that, but still just that. You are either a cop/DA/attorney/prison guard, etc, or you are "little people."

Origanalist
08-25-2014, 02:48 PM

That wasn't white women protesting him getting beaten. I did see one old cracker walk by and carry on with his shopping though.

ZENemy
08-25-2014, 02:49 PM
That wasn't white women protesting him getting beaten. I did see one old cracker walk by and carry on with his shopping though.

Yes but those are real people.

I was talking more like; the MSM.

ZENemy
08-25-2014, 02:50 PM
Yeah, well, plenty of completely innocent blacks have been murdered/beaten/tased/kidnapped by the police ,and nobody gave a fuck about them either.

Or they may have not been "innocent" , but still didn't deserve to be treated that way.

Can we PLEASE drop this conservative / Reich wing racial bullshit? All that does is divide us, and serves the interests of the powers that be. And that's exactly what they want.

Meh, I agree with you...

My point was more like, there will be no coverage of this on MSM, nobody will be up in arms over the police violence BECAUSE he is white and might have been drunk, or had an overdue library book.

thoughtomator
08-25-2014, 02:51 PM

Yup. When they come for us, black people are going to be the first to stand by us because they know the score. We should stand by them now, so we deserve their support when we're going to need it.

AuH20
08-25-2014, 03:03 PM
In a WROL scenario, he'd probably be shot, since that's where we are heading. I have a hard time getting angry about this knowing what's coming. No one is going to waste their time through this type of circus.

AuH20
08-25-2014, 03:06 PM
Yup. When they come for us, black people are going to be the first to stand by us because they know the score. We should stand by them now, so we deserve their support when we're going to need it.

Black people will eat each other alive. There will be no standing with the tattered remnants. If they were so collectively self-aware, they wouldn't in the current predicament.

phill4paul
08-25-2014, 03:15 PM
Black people will eat each other alive. There will be no standing with the tattered remnants. If they were so collectively self-aware, they wouldn't in the current predicament.

Care to preface with "some or many or most" lest you come off sounding like a racist? Because, I know a few individuals that will prove you wrong.

thoughtomator
08-25-2014, 03:19 PM
Care to preface with "some or many or most" lest you come off sounding like a racist? Because, I know a few individuals that will prove you wrong.

My experience is that he doesn't care to, no.

AuH20
08-25-2014, 03:23 PM

Most black people if not all live in major cities (NY, Chicago, D.C., St. Louis, Atlanta). Secondly, for good or bad they become dependent on government aid and/or leveling programs. For those 2 primary reasons, it's almost a fait accompli, if there is a sudden destabilization. I speculate that the blacks living in the more rural areas would be the ones to survive.

thoughtomator
08-25-2014, 03:25 PM
Most black people if not all live in major cities (Chicago, D.C., St. Louis, Atlanta). Secondly, for good or bad they become dependent on government aid and/or leveling programs. For those 2 primary reasons, it's almost a fait accompli. I speculate that the blacks living in the more rural areas would be the ones to survive.

This video is from Greenville, South Carolina - my area. It is not at all a major city.

Moreover your impression of where black people live is incorrect. Black people are most heavily represented in the South, and are as common in rural areas as in cities.

aGameOfThrones
08-25-2014, 07:47 PM
why didn't anyone get a pen and paper to write a SWLOD to give to the cop? emails work too.

morfeeis
08-25-2014, 09:27 PM
Now if an onlooker had used force to stop this attack i wonder would they be able to get a conviction? you know fear for the life of another type of defense...

Anti Federalist
08-25-2014, 09:49 PM
Meh, I agree with you...

My point was more like, there will be no coverage of this on MSM, nobody will be up in arms over the police violence BECAUSE he is white and might have been drunk, or had an overdue library book.

So do I and my "angle" on this as well.

SeanTX
08-25-2014, 10:02 PM
= ZENemy wrote:

Meh, I agree with you...

I'm sorry about my caustic reply, I guess I'm just tired of the race baiters on both sides, but I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion about what you wrote, since you didn't mean it that way -- yes, there's no denying that often times the race of a victim plays a role in whether or not there will be any media attention, with whites less likely to get any.

I just wish that if they are going to focus on black victims of the police it would be stories like the one about the innocent black man who was charged for getting his blood on Ferguson police officers -- blood on their uniforms that resulted from them beating him. Instead they focus on more questionable cases, where many people will dismiss the issue because the person in question was a "thug." And that just serves the interests of the establishment and their "divide and conquer" mindset.

RJB
08-25-2014, 10:05 PM
I saw local coverage on this. They showed this video heavily edited and then showed another edited video of him getting beat up by OTHER cops a year ago and basically said he has a habit of asking this to be done to him.

I rarely watch TV news. This is why.

Anti Federalist
08-25-2014, 10:17 PM
I saw local coverage on this. They showed this video heavily edited and then showed another edited video of him getting beat up by OTHER cops a year ago and basically said he has a habit of asking this to be done to him.

I rarely watch TV news. This is why.

Ah, so he did this to himself.

Moving along...

Anti Federalist
08-25-2014, 10:21 PM
I'm sorry about my caustic reply, I guess I'm just tired of the race baiters on both sides, but I shouldn't have jumped to that conclusion about what you wrote, since you didn't mean it that way -- yes, there's no denying that often times the race of a victim plays a role in whether or not there will be any media attention, with whites less likely to get any.

I just wish that if they are going to focus on black victims of the police it would be stories like the one about the innocent black man who was charged for getting his blood on Ferguson police officers -- blood on their uniforms that resulted from them beating him. Instead they focus on more questionable cases, where many people will dismiss the issue because the person in question was a "thug." And that just serves the interests of the establishment and their "divide and conquer" mindset.

Of course they will.

They realize how tenuous the system's position is here.

That's why real, bona fide outrages, like Miriam Carey or Patricia Cook or Erik Scott get almost no "traction".

The have to show up and report something when half a town shows up and raises hell in the streets, so what better way to spin the whole thing.

NorthCarolinaLiberty
08-25-2014, 10:26 PM
So I get confused with all these beating and shooting incidents. Did this man, or did he not, bum rush the officers and give them all broken eye sockets?

Anti Federalist
08-25-2014, 10:29 PM
So I get confused with all these beating and shooting incidents. Did this man, or did he not, bum rush the officers and give them all broken eye sockets?

No reason to be confused, Comrade.

Just follow the news from the official organs and it will explain all.

Mani
08-25-2014, 10:46 PM

He did it to himself...He was supposed to lie down on the ground with his hands behind his back and wait for the officers to cuff him. If he would have just complied he wouldn't have 20 blows to the head. It's completely his fault.

TomtheTinker
08-26-2014, 12:04 AM
He did it to himself...He was supposed to lie down on the ground with his hands behind his back and wait for the officers to cuff him. If he would have just complied he wouldn't have 20 blows to the head. It's completely his fault.

Are you serious?

TheTexan
08-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Why would he punch him so much? Isn't that what batons are for?

Mani
08-26-2014, 12:21 AM
Are you serious?

Sarcasm tag was implied but not added.

But go ahead and read comments from the bootlickers in the few articles about this case..These are not sarcasm...

They range from: Beat the F)&K out of that criminal!

To: The guy should be thankful the cops showed so much restraint. They didn't pull out their guns, they used whatever force was necessary to subdue him.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/08/25/cops-beat-man-walmart_n_5708199.html

Christopher King
Rule 1: Do not make the police run. He got what was coming to him. Police are not supposed to be polite about these crazy people. The cops have families too. They want to make sure they get home. If he were to not run he would have been perfectly fine.

(Isn't this almost what I said in sarcasm?? I forgot to add that the cop needs to make it home safe to his family).

Dred Scott:
Hardly typical. How would you propose arresting a uncooperative suspect without becoming physical?

Harsh words? Threaten to call his Mommy? Send him for a Time Out?

People who break the Law, typically do not cooperate, they often get abusive with Cops, and many times resist arrest.

That Thin Blue Line is what keeps Society civil, and without them we would be a lawless world reminiscent of the Wild West....

(Yes! Thank you POLICE! You keep us safe! Without you, we would be over run by drug lords and bandits!!)

Drew Wesley:

They had no choice, they had to subdue him to get him under arrest. Tazing him had no effect, even punching him was having very little effect.

Mikey Mike says he should be thankful all he got was 20 blows to the head...Cops were being so nice and all.

For all of the trouble this guy caused, I think it should be noted that the cops did not shoot him. They first tried to talk to him, he ran, they talked to him again, he ran. Then they used a taser, there was a physical altercation and he was taken into custody. Sounds like a pretty positive outcome to me, especially with the overwhelming number of police shootings in the last several years.

Rick says this is textbook police work...Nothing to see here....

Again, a lot of "experts" who are totally ignorant of the subject. The police did nothing wrong there. N-O-T-H-I-N-G. This isn't "Law and Order" or the "Dukes of Hazzard." This is real life. They tased the guy and the taser was effective in getting him down, but not effective in getting him to comply. They then went to focused blows. Those were effective enough to get him into cuffs.

If you want to see true excessive force, go watch footage of the officer who beat up the homeless woman on the freeway a few weeks back. THAT is excessive. This? This is textbook.

Even Officer Vernon chimed in:

As long as individual is actively and physically resisting we are within our rights as law enforcement officers to use the appropriate force to bring an actively resisting individual into custody, protect ourselves, the public and property!! An officer's hands, elbows, feet and knees are considered personal weapons and depending on the situation we can use all of them. For an example, a subject has an officer down on the ground the officer kicks the individual in defense of him or herself is not inappropriate. Even if an officer kicks an individual while the individual is down on the ground it can be deemed appropriate!